Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Distributed Autonomous Society  (Read 2940 times)
Seldoon182 (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:42:11 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 02:26:42 PM by Seldoon182

Hi there,

Heard that the most exiting Application Bitcoin allow is DAGs. But the internet lacks of information about DAGs. What is a DAG exactly ? How does it work ? Is there any white paper ? The only white paper i've found is there, but I didn't find any reference related to the Bitcoin protocol. Is Ethereum a better protocol for DAGs ? Is there other posts here which contains DAGs topic related ? Found this article btw but i'm locking for further informations. Thanks.

[EDIT]: Removed "Distributed Autonomous Government" in the topic title. The terms just doesn't sound right.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:02:47 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 02:27:17 PM by Seldoon182

No comments ? No one interested in DAGs DASs ?
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:48:27 AM

I am.

Thing is, I believe it's a totally new thing that doesn't really have legs yet. But if the truth be told, I personally think it's the only reasonable way forward for the developed world. Other countries will follow, but much later. I write science fiction so to me it seems perfectly reasonable.

Democracy actually doesn't exist in the sense it was supposed to. We realistically have a choice of just three parties that no matter in the U.S, U.K or western Europe represent the left, right or liberal, these parties pander to the large corporations and must make decisions that are for their benefit after they get into office. These large corporations aren't stupid, they bankroll all of the top three, which is why our nations end up at the wrong end of wars and corps.

the top three then (due to propaganda) are seen as the only viable choices and so therefore receive the lions share of the votes.

I don't think that's great but I also don't see it as the end of the world. Western nations still have a multitude of human rights laws in place that make our lives vastly better than many people living under dictatorships. If you don't believe that's the case, try living in those countries. You'll soon change your mind.

But...

Let's be honest. We don't have any choices after they are elected into office. They do what they want for three years and six months and then suddenly, they are all super nice and useful in the lead up to the election... and we all get collective amnesia about all the crap they did before.

Twenty plus years ago there was no alternative, now, there is. There is no reason why every country's citizen can't have an app or visit a website that gives them a choice as to which areas their tax dollars go to (connected to their ID/NI number/passport), or which major decisions are made with a click of a button. The block chain makes this entirely possible, Counterparty already has this voting system in place with tokens.

There is an arrogance to politics that says the populace are too stupid to make decisions for their own country, but the education level of most developed nations actually speaks of a different reality. We know what we want, it's just no one listens to us.

DAG is not only fair, it is perhaps the only 'truly' democratic decision/development that should be the next step forward for humanity as a whole.

Let's be realistic, we don't want our countries to fall flat on their faces, so we are not going to stop taxation any time soon, but it is our right to decide where our money goes, and national policy.

Do we really need politicians who do not recognize our wishes nor follow through on them?

jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:23:12 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 01:44:59 PM by jdbtracker

It is simply a matter of time, the layers are being assembled.

The concept of a Decentralized Autonomous Government is already in the works and being built as we speak. The internet is a beautiful place a massive forum of information where simple questions are given and great answers are provided. The difference with the Blockchain based systems is that with a DAC it understands these questions and it adapts to them as best as it can.

So, if you figure out how to automate a specific function it is done... the accesibility of it guarantees that all people regardless of age, sex, race, nationality, or religion has access to that function... it is an amalgamation between a contract and a law; the best of both worlds.

we are beginning to take programming to the next level to the point of global transcendence; Creating functions on the internet that correlate to rights and responsibilities that can be monitored and executed at any time globally by a citizen.

This is a battle for the hearts and minds of all humanity.

for example what do we need to create a DAG? Automation and lots of it, all functions of government can be done online, automate them and integrate them into the machines that use the Blockchain, these blockchain machines are regulated by the blockchain so any that does not adhere to it's guiding principles will be devoid of updates from the network, Asimov would be proud.

These machines composed of accreditation and administration functions that can be executed by any citizen at any given moment, with a sufficiently integrated blockchain web can ascertain veracity by strictly adhering to true information held within the blockchain.

If the Bitcoin network makes it impossible to steal funds then the avenue of attack would be to rob the individual directly, to avoid that a security blockchain with sensor integration(cameras, microphones, Facial recognitiona, A.I) can see the robbery in action and record the tresspass forever on the blockchain; bypass that by doing these actions anonymously, countered by adhering to a cadre of blockchain regulated drones that monitor the security blockchain and hunt down the offending individuals, to avoid that offenders would fight back and of course they would face the blockchain regulated enforcement drones which follow strictly and unconditionally without fear the will of the people, protecting them unconditionally, bypassing that would be to attack the common sense of the people, perverting their choices for ill gain, which would be countered by a social information and education blockchain that gathers and exposes the true information of how the society is working to fully inform the citizens with honest, unbiased information, impossible to falsify.... and hence the blockchain begins to form a government and the biggest battle in human history begins.

regardless of the level of corruption in the world, the blockchain with it's structure will correct and balance all forces... It does not forget, it does not forgive and it is legion... the network effect globally makes every attempt at corruption visible, every attack on the integrity of the network is recorded what works once will never work again once understood. slowly but surely each deviation against the will of the people is methodically routed out and eliminated.

Blockchain based government is a deep integration of every level of the human psyche. every facet of information is cataloged, categorized, correlated, integrated to everything else, the truth is understood to a transcendent level by the network... it knows when your lying and it knows when to hold you accountable.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:01:13 PM

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Coineer

Activity: 119

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 02:42:11 PM

DAG (or anything DA) is something that a lot of people are interested in for many reasons and will create massive opportunities for the right people.
This is definitely one of the more groundbreaking and challenging elements of smart contract technology.

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
Dire

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:07:34 PM

The concept of a Decentralized Autonomous Government is already in the works and being built as we speak. The internet is a beautiful place a massive forum of information where simple questions are given and great answers are provided. The difference with the Blockchain based systems is that with a DAC it understands these questions and it adapts to them as best as it can.

So, if you figure out how to automate a specific function it is done... the accesibility of it guarantees that all people regardless of age, sex, race, nationality, or religion has access to that function... it is an amalgamation between a contract and a law; the best of both worlds.

we are beginning to take programming to the next level to the point of global transcendence; Creating functions on the internet that correlate to rights and responsibilities that can be monitored and executed at any time globally by a citizen.

This is a battle for the hearts and minds of all humanity.

Amen. Or words to that effect in any mode of thought or belief.

every facet of information is cataloged, categorized, correlated, integrated to everything else, the truth is understood to a transcendent level by the network... it knows when your lying and it knows when to hold you accountable.

Don't go all 1984 on me man. We still want privacy, as fragile as it is right now. What happens if my other half asks me, "Am I fat?" and I say, "Of course not." and a random blockchain connected PC in the room says "Actually, the other week you told your mate that your girlfriend had a fat ass."

That's not cool man, not at all. That's like two months of pouting and expensive dinner dates... where I pay premium for salad!@!)&
jdbtracker

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:28:39 PM

omg! lol!

well of course... you have privacy, the security checks are for you to be sure that your rights are being respected so... the crazy security blockchain works in the background it won't meddle in your life, but if you get robbed or someone is trying to take advantage of you, it will tell you immediately that the contract you are about to agree too is not legit that it does not follow the constitution blockchains regulations.

so, no one can find out what you own unless you reveal it; This is the miracle of homomorphic encryption not even the machine knows what you have, but it can figure out when things are wrong and will only reveal this information to others if you approve.

you would have your own private blockchain ledger that catalogs your habits, purchases, what you own... what I'm trying to say is that it's looking out for you, because what you know it knows too and can tell if you may be getting extorted or robbed and will inform security drones to come check up on you to make sure everything is okay only if you have it setup for that...

personal freedom is of the utmost importance, so only relevant things would be available to others, your employer will want to know if you have a drivers licence or if your qualified to run sophisticated machinery. This can easily be devulged by you to your employeer upon request of all relevant data, giving them a key to transcribe your encrypted blockchain information and to compare it to the public blockchains for safety... so

this is how it works, public blockchain ledgers with global information and your private blockchain keeping track, no one sees what's on your private ledger but every bit of information can be confirmed if you know where to look in the public blockchains. If there is a problem the trail of information can be verified very quickly within seconds by anyone at your approval.

so yeah, no 1984, your mom won't know your secrets, but everything that lets us establish trust in each other will be available at a moments notice to establish your reputation... we don't even need names with this blockchain system to tell you the truth, as long as you know your key, your golden, the web of information will tell people who you are.

blablaace

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:04:30 PM

No comments ? No one interested in DAGs ?

You should write the white paper .. its an interesting topic
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:13:01 PM

great idea, but first you need consensus on the proper role of government.  what should the DAG do and what shouldn't it so?  Since people can't really agree on that, how will you supplant the current system?

The proper role of government IMO is to uphold individual rights and prohibit initiary force.  Yet many people believe the government should have their hands in the economy, agriculture, education, the environment, you name it.

A limited government based on a DAG would be perhaps good, but people haven't been educated yet on the proper function of government.

jdbtracker

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:40:03 PM

great idea, but first you need consensus on the proper role of government.  what should the DAG do and what shouldn't it so?  Since people can't really agree on that, how will you supplant the current system?

The proper role of government IMO is to uphold individual rights and prohibit initiary force.  Yet many people believe the government should have their hands in the economy, agriculture, education, the environment, you name it.

A limited government based on a DAG would be perhaps good, but people haven't been educated yet on the proper function of government.

That is the most important element, but for now the functions required for government are being assembled by third parties, when the best systems arise it'll form a balance, but until then it will be chaos. Considering how small the cryptocurrency community is it'll take decades to grow... plenty of time to get it right.

decentralized registries, it's a start, log vital information to be cross referenced, from there we can begin to link private, public, commercial databases(accounting, software compliance, security systems, educational, etc) to make sure that all smart contract information is measurable by software arbitration to maintain contract compliance.

There are incredible possibilities afoot, but the deep stuff, it's going to take a while. Lets simply bask in the knowledge that we are the first movers at understanding this and are already ahead of the game.

SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:44:14 PM

Hi there,

Heard that the most exiting Application Bitcoin allow is DAGs. But the internet lacks of information about DAGs. What is a DAG exactly ? How does it work ? Is there any white paper ? The only white paper i've found is there, but I didn't find any reference related to the Bitcoin protocol. Is Ethereum a better protocol for DAGs ? Is there other posts here which contains DAGs topic related ? Found this article btw but i'm locking for further informations. Thanks.

What would happen when a Hearn type monster tries to take over it ? It would immediately turn into North Korean govt.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 10:51:13 AM

will only reveal this information to others if you approve.
what you know it knows too and can tell if you may be getting extorted or robbed and will inform security drones to come check up on you to make sure everything is okay only if you have it setup for that...
So what you are saying is it won't be effective against blackmail and extortion since anyone being extorted will turn off the check in order to protect their kidnapped loved one and all movies about cops figuring this out and being heroes will take place in the distant past?  Seems more likely to me that the very suggestion that that is possible will take away that right.  I certainly want privacy, but at the end of the day, if people as a collective are voting, they will never be smart enough to be fair for everyone and fear will always guide the system.  There are a lot of stupid laws due to a lot of stupid fears, and there is a lot of stupid propaganda to drive that fear, and a DAG wouldn't change either of those things because there are a lot of stupid people.
Dire

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:35:28 PM

but at the end of the day, if people as a collective are voting, they will never be smart enough to be fair for everyone and fear will always guide the system.

People vote as a collective now. Few parties have the money to campaign/advertise, those that do affect the collective to a greater or lesser degree. Many decisions if presented correctly with enough information are easily decided upon. It doesn't need a degree in rocket science. To suggest that human beings are all too stupid to make decisions governing policy means you may just as well chuck democracy out of the window all together... because people are too stupid to vote.

There are a lot of stupid laws due to a lot of stupid fears, and there is a lot of stupid propaganda to drive that fear, and a DAG wouldn't change either of those things because there are a lot of stupid people.

So circular logic is the order of the day is it? Let's forget about progress because stupid people prevent progress and we'll only go backwards anyway so better not to bother in the first place. With that attitude, we might as well all live in dictatorships with Daddy-Director guiding our every decisions (as we do now) because we're too stupid to make them.

One moment while I prostrate myself to the superior intellects of the ruling classes.

Elitism and arrogance of assumption about people's intelligence and ability to make valid choices about their life and country is the beginning and end of fascism. Control the sheep, for they know not where they go.

Millions have died for the freedom of choice and sanctity of human rights and individuality over hundreds/thousands of years that we now have, and you'd like to put a halt to its natural development? Because people are stupid.

jdbtracker

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 10:52:11 PM

The DAG changes everything.

It functions on the best answers, in the beginning yes it will be painful if we begin from scratch... but if we wish to see farther we will have to stand on the shoulders of giants... the 15,000 years of recorded Human history to guide us. The Blockchain has a long memory, verified facts on every important bit of information would be on it, with access to multiple sources of data made by scientists, businesses, industries and other sources of information.

When we have access to decentralized databases recording the state of our civilization the DAG will be able to show us this information instantly, helping guide us to actionable information. If a wrong decision is made in one of the DAG's policies/choices, society will be equipped, educated and aware enough to choose the next best solution and compare it to previous policies, in a scientifically rigorous manner... as we begin to automate more and more, the data analytics, algorithms, formulas can be automated to best inform citizens as well.

as we gain more and more data and record it into unforgeable, time stamped blockchains, it become harder and harder to falsify information so we can honestly see what truly is the best answer without opinion or bias, the facts will be available to everyone.

for example, the industrial output of the world can be recorded and monitored in real time, data analytics is applied to the information and the answers are recorded on a blockchain for easy comparision by smart contracts, DACs and DAGs. The original information is compressed and stored for future analysis if it's authenticity is ever in question by anyone. Anyone in the world would be able to see this information and find out if it is true or not with minimal hassle, citizens may even make suggestions that bring new insight into the information. The heart beat of the world will be monitored in real time ready for entrepreneurs to solve tomorrows problems.

100 years from now after a century of blockchain technology, there would be millions of exabytes of data available about every industry, business, government, institution, corporation, society to be able to accurately see the impact that different policies had on a plethora of variables. All this would be instantly verifiable by the blockchains for authenticity, ready to be decompressed for further inquieries that could guide future policies.

I'm describing the world we live in now in the Modern World, there are records of everything, tons of data everywhere, but it is so damn hard to find anything meaningful to honestly find the answer to a question, and nine times out of ten your forced to concede that very likely there is no way to figure it out without solving it yourself.  It would be nice if things were solved once and applied whenever needed easily, but information fades, disappears gets corrupted or no one thought it was important enough to record.

Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:51:11 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 09:37:59 PM by Seldoon182

Thing is, I believe it's a totally new thing that doesn't really have legs yet. But if the truth be told, I personally think it's the only reasonable way forward for the developed world. Other countries will follow, but much later. I write science fiction so to me it seems perfectly reasonable.

What are we waiting for? We dont need any authorizations to build it. We already have the backend (the blockchain). I think that DAG should be the network of DAM (Distributed Autonomous Municipality) and DAM would definitely work with Open-Source cities.

Democracy actually doesn't exist in the sense it was supposed to. We realistically have a choice of just three parties that no matter in the U.S, U.K or western Europe represent the left, right or liberal, these parties pander to the large corporations and must make decisions that are for their benefit after they get into office. These large corporations aren't stupid, they bankroll all of the top three, which is why our nations end up at the wrong end of wars and corps.

Exactly ! Representative democracy is an oxymoron. We can build Software for real-time democracy and we can even build such system that can bring other governance system such as dictatorship when it comes to answer fast against climate emergency by example an oil spill reaching a continent.

the top three then (due to propaganda) are seen as the only viable choices and so therefore receive the lions share of the votes.

I don't think that's great but I also don't see it as the end of the world. Western nations still have a multitude of human rights laws in place that make our lives vastly better than many people living under dictatorships. If you don't believe that's the case, try living in those countries. You'll soon change your mind.

But...

Let's be honest. We don't have any choices after they are elected into office. They do what they want for three years and six months and then suddenly, they are all super nice and useful in the lead up to the election... and we all get collective amnesia about all the crap they did before.

We don't have any choice. We're voting for our masters. When we pay tax we can't track where our money goes.

Twenty plus years ago there was no alternative, now, there is. There is no reason why every country's citizen can't have an app or visit a website that gives them a choice as to which areas their tax dollars go to (connected to their ID/NI number/passport), or which major decisions are made with a click of a button. The block chain makes this entirely possible, Counterparty already has this voting system in place with tokens.

There is an arrogance to politics that says the populace are too stupid to make decisions for their own country, but the education level of most developed nations actually speaks of a different reality. We know what we want, it's just no one listens to us.

DAG is not only fair, it is perhaps the only 'truly' democratic decision/development that should be the next step forward for humanity as a whole.

Yeah this is the best we can have nowadays. But maybe a better system might come up in the next 50 years or so.

Let's be realistic, we don't want our countries to fall flat on their faces, so we are not going to stop taxation any time soon, but it is our right to decide where our money goes, and national policy.

Do we really need politicians who do not recognize our wishes nor follow through on them?

Heard about one single tax on every transactions would be enough compared to the market cap.

We used to need them a long time ago. But nowadays with tools such as TCP/IP which allow me to get in touch with anyone, anywhere and anytime, is there someone who still believe the need to delegate our political power. I want to be freer as I can't participate legislatively for my community and myself.

Yeah Electronic Voting and Smart Contracts are such Applications we've got within Bitcoin right now. The backend is here, we need the client. Is there an open source projet for that ?

If the Bitcoin network makes it impossible to steal funds then the avenue of attack would be to rob the individual directly, to avoid that a security blockchain with sensor integration(cameras, microphones, Facial recognitiona, A.I) can see the robbery in action and record the tresspass forever on the blockchain; bypass that by doing these actions anonymously, countered by adhering to a cadre of blockchain regulated drones that monitor the security blockchain and hunt down the offending individuals, to avoid that offenders would fight back and of course they would face the blockchain regulated enforcement drones which follow strictly and unconditionally without fear the will of the people, protecting them unconditionally, bypassing that would be to attack the common sense of the people, perverting their choices for ill gain, which would be countered by a social information and education blockchain that gathers and exposes the true information of how the society is working to fully inform the citizens with honest, unbiased information, impossible to falsify.... and hence the blockchain begins to form a government and the biggest battle in human history begins.

regardless of the level of corruption in the world, the blockchain with it's structure will correct and balance all forces... It does not forget, it does not forgive and it is legion... the network effect globally makes every attempt at corruption visible, every attack on the integrity of the network is recorded what works once will never work again once understood. slowly but surely each deviation against the will of the people is methodically routed out and eliminated.

Which blockchain are you talking about? Bitcoin blockchain? Meta-coin? Maybe we could prototype DAG using Sidechains? Like this stuff: https://apso.info/

great idea, but first you need consensus on the proper role of government.  what should the DAG do and what shouldn't it so?  Since people can't really agree on that, how will you supplant the current system?

I think that the protocol should embed every form of governance. So the DAG can be lean compared to the situation. I don't mind dictatorship to be bad. It's a tool. If you put dictatorship in the wrong hand it's make you know what (+1 godwing point to me) but if you give dictatorship to mathematics maybe great thing can be done ?

will only reveal this information to others if you approve.
what you know it knows too and can tell if you may be getting extorted or robbed and will inform security drones to come check up on you to make sure everything is okay only if you have it setup for that...
So what you are saying is it won't be effective against blackmail and extortion since anyone being extorted will turn off the check in order to protect their kidnapped loved one and all movies about cops figuring this out and being heroes will take place in the distant past?  Seems more likely to me that the very suggestion that that is possible will take away that right.  I certainly want privacy, but at the end of the day, if people as a collective are voting, they will never be smart enough to be fair for everyone and fear will always guide the system.  There are a lot of stupid laws due to a lot of stupid fears, and there is a lot of stupid propaganda to drive that fear, and a DAG wouldn't change either of those things because there are a lot of stupid people.

I think that DAG will be the basic layer of multiple protocol maybe named as DAM (Autonomous Municipality). I think that the best start would be by prototyping this with open source city such as entropy-factory.com by example. Majority of people might sound dumb because the've been formated because of our government system. But why don't just try to help them instead of to let them alone, dying because of drugs and such ?
evenlydistributingfuture

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:59:34 PM

Maybe with a DAG setup in place, peoples' seeming apathy about politics wouldn't be such a problem to good governance. Right now, since many people don't vote for various reasons, at least in the developed world, lack of civic participation is a big problem. Maybe DAGs could make that less problematic somehow.
Seldoon182 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:28:51 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 09:37:12 PM by Seldoon182

Maybe with a DAG setup in place, peoples' seeming apathy about politics wouldn't be such a problem to good governance. Right now, since many people don't vote for various reasons, at least in the developed world, lack of civic participation is a big problem. Maybe DAGs could make that less problematic somehow.

I think DAG or DAM (Distributed Autonomous Municipality) should allow every citizen to vote directly the law in their concern. This isn't what's happening right now with voting for a bunch of millionaires that you don't even choice.

Also let me quote John Carmack from a post about his relationship with government: http://media.armadilloaerospace.com/misc/government.htm

Quote from: John Carmack
Almost everything that I write publicly is about technical details in software or aerospace, and the points are usually not very contentious.  I’m going to go out on a limb today and talk about a much more banal topic -– government.  This is sort of an open letter to my mother and stepfather, who are intelligent people, but we don’t see eye to eye on political issues.  A couple brief conversations a year during visits doesn’t really establish much, and I have wanted to make a more carefully considered set of points.

I had nearly disqualified myself from discuss politics by not bothering to cast a vote for almost 20 years after I was legally able to.  I was busy.  I paid millions of dollars of taxes without any dodges, and just focused on my work.  Listening to political speeches full of carefully calculated rhetoric is almost physically painful to me, and I diligently avoided it.

A couple things slowly brought me around to paying more attention.  A computer game company doesn’t need to have much to do with the government, but a company that flies rocket ships is a different matter.  Due to Armadillo Aerospace, in the last decade I have observed and interacted with a lot of different agencies, civil servants, and congressmen, and I have collected enough data points to form some opinions.  The second thing that has changed for me is becoming a father; with two young sons, I think more about how the world might look in twenty or thirty years when they are adults.

I am an optimist on almost all fronts.  Throughout history, there have always been those that argue that the world is going to hell, yet here we are, better off than any previous generation.  Not only are things pretty damn good, but there is a lot of positive inertia that makes it likely that things will continue to  improve for quite some time.  We aren’t balanced at a precipice, where the result of any given election can pitch us into darkness.

However, trends do matter.  Small, nearly painless losses accumulate over the years, and the world can slowly change into something you don’t want while you weren’t paying attention.  It doesn’t take a cataclysmic crash, just a slow accretion of over regulation, taxation, and dependency that chokes the vibrant processes that produce wealth and growth.  Without growth, you get a zero sum game of fighting over the pie that breeds all sorts of problems in government and society.

My core thesis is that the federal government delivers very poor value for the resources it consumes, and that society as a whole would be better off with a government that was less ambitious.  This is not to say that it doesn’t provide many valuable and even critical services, but that the cost of having the government provide them is much higher than you would tolerate from a company or individual you chose to do business with.  For almost every task, it is a poor tool.

So much of the government just grinds up money, like shoveling cash into a wood chipper.  It is ghastly to watch.  Billions and billions of dollars.  Imagine every stupid dot-com company that you ever heard of that suckered in millions of dollars of investor money before leaving a smoking crater in the ground with nothing to show for it.  Add up all that waste, all that stupidity.  All together, it is a rounding error versus the analogous program results in the government.  Private enterprises can’t go on squandering resources like that for long, but it is standard operating procedure for the government.

Well, can’t we make the government more efficient, so they can accomplish its tasks for less, or do more good work?  Sure, there is room for improvement everywhere, but there are important fundamental limits.  It is entertaining to imagine a corporate turnaround expert being told to get the federal house in shape, but it can’t happen.  The modern civil service employment arrangement is probably superior to the historic jobs-as-political-spoils approach, but it insulates the workforce from the forces that improve commercial enterprises, and the voting influence of each worker is completely uncorrelated with their value.  Without the goal and scorecard of profit, it is hard to even make value judgments between people and programs, so there are few checks against mounting inefficiency and abject failure, let alone evolution towards improvement.

Even if you could snap your fingers and get it, do you really want a razor sharp federal apparatus ready to efficiently carry out the mandates of whoever is the supreme central planner at the moment?  The US government was explicitly designed to make that difficult, and I think that was wise.

So, the federal government is essentially doomed to inefficiency, no matter who is in charge or what policies they want it to implement.  I probably haven’t lost too many people at this point – almost nobody thinks that the federal government is a paragon of efficiency, and it doesn’t take too much of an open mind to entertain the possibility that it might be much worse than you thought (it is).

Given the inefficiency, why is the federal government called upon to do so many things?  A large part is naked self interest, which is never going to go away -- lots of people play the game to their best advantage, and even take pride in their ability to get more than they give.

However, a lot is done in the name of misplaced idealism.  It isn’t hard to look around the world and find something that you feel needs fixing.  The world gets to be a better place by people taking action to improve things, but it is easy for the thought to occur that if the government can be made to address your issue, it could give results far greater than what you would be able to accomplish with direct action.  Even if you knew that it wasn’t going to be managed especially well, it would make up for it in volume.  This has an obvious appeal.

Every idealistic cry for the government to “Do Something” means raising revenue, which means taking money from people to spend in the name of the new cause instead of letting it be used for whatever purpose the earner would have preferred.

It is unfortunate that income taxes get deducted automatically from most people’s paychecks, before they ever see the money they earned.  A large chunk of the population thinks that tax day is when you get a nice little refund check.  Good trick, that.  If everyone was required to pay taxes like they pay their utilities, attitudes would probably change.  When you get an appallingly high utility bill, you start thinking about turning off some lights and changing the thermostat.  When your taxes are higher than all your other bills put together, what do you do?  You can make a bit of a difference by living in Texas instead of California, but you don’t have many options regarding the bulk of it.

Also, it is horribly crass to say it, but taxes are extracted by the threat of force.  I know a man (Walt Anderson), who has been in jail for a decade because the IRS disagreed with how his foundations were set up, so it isn’t an academic statement.  What things do you care strongly enough about to feel morally justified in pointing a gun at me to get me to pay for them?  A few layers of distance by proxy let most people avoid thinking about it, but that is really what it boils down to.  Feeding starving children?  The justice system?  Chemotherapy for the elderly?  Viagra for the indigent?  Corn subsidies?

Helping people directly can be a noble thing.  Forcing other people to do it with great inefficiency?  Not so much.  There isn’t a single thing that I would petition the federal government to add to its task list, and I would ask that it stop doing the majority of the things that it is currently doing.  My vote is going to the candidates that at least vector in that direction.
jdbtracker

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:38:04 PM

Yes, We can assemble it now and it would not require much, just linking everything currently built together into a common API.

I had a post that described the eventual creation of this system, but I described it as beginning to emerge naturally, organically from the communities needs.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854133.0

The blockchain does not have to be Digital, it can also be physical: Barcodes with Hash and blockchain information stamped into products, each hash a hash of the previous product to determine lineage from the factory, Objects that form physical 3d hashes of information acting as keys that open or prove information.

There are a lot of Blockchain 2.0 applications that are beginning to bridge the divide: Ripple, NXT, Ethereum, Open Transactions, etc limited at the moment as those examples are, they are harbingers of what is coming next, far more robust systems applied to more and more.

The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:02:13 AM

but at the end of the day, if people as a collective are voting, they will never be smart enough to be fair for everyone and fear will always guide the system.
People vote as a collective now. Few parties have the money to campaign/advertise, those that do affect the collective to a greater or lesser degree. Many decisions if presented correctly with enough information are easily decided upon. It doesn't need a degree in rocket science. To suggest that human beings are all too stupid to make decisions governing policy means you may just as well chuck democracy out of the window all together... because people are too stupid to vote.
There are a lot of stupid laws due to a lot of stupid fears, and there is a lot of stupid propaganda to drive that fear, and a DAG wouldn't change either of those things because there are a lot of stupid people.
So circular logic is the order of the day is it? Let's forget about progress because stupid people prevent progress and we'll only go backwards anyway so better not to bother in the first place. With that attitude, we might as well all live in dictatorships with Daddy-Director guiding our every decisions (as we do now) because we're too stupid to make them.

One moment while I prostrate myself to the superior intellects of the ruling classes.

Elitism and arrogance of assumption about people's intelligence and ability to make valid choices about their life and country is the beginning and end of fascism. Control the sheep, for they know not where they go.

Millions have died for the freedom of choice and sanctity of human rights and individuality over hundreds/thousands of years that we now have, and you'd like to put a halt to its natural development? Because people are stupid.
Re-read my entire post.  I didn't say we should put a halt to our development, I didn't say we shouldn't have a DAG, and I didn't suggest that anyone shouldn't be able to vote.  I simply stated that even with a DAG, fear and money will rule the day and our rights will continue to be stripped.  Because it wasn't clear, I will also point out that my comments regarding stupid people were meant to refer to people in groups / the masses / sheeple.  It was not meant to refer to a majority of individuals or allude that only individuals outside of that majority should have a say in their lives.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: