Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone heard of or investing in 'Mining Sweden'?  (Read 8439 times)
Propagandalf

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:02:19 PM

Well I am going along to their BBQ they have invited people to up in Northern Sweden in around a month or so from now, to have a look around their growing farm and perhaps also get a tour around the huge hydro electric dam that provides the cheap electricity costs in the area, so if any of the miners are empty cases, cardboard cutouts or just inflatable toys, will let you know Smiley
[/quote]

Yes, please let us know! The BBQ is today, right?
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:15:33 PM

I think anything with the world mining in it for the moment is   a scam. there is no profit like back in 2014.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 08:41:15 PM

Earned back about 22$ after nearly 3 months of mining, their rates are really poor atm....ROI for a 130$ investment is 400+ days atm.
Propagandalf

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:36:02 PM

Earned back about 22$ after nearly 3 months of mining, their rates are really poor atm....ROI for a 130$ investment is 400+ days atm.

Well, those weren't exactly promising figures... Do you know if the VIP shares entitle you to a lifetime share of the company profits, or does it expire after 12 months?
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 06:07:12 AM

Well, those weren't exactly promising figures... Do you know if the VIP shares entitle you to a lifetime share of the company profits, or does it expire after 12 months?

As far as I'm aware - and I could be wrong - my VIP shares are for life Smiley but it's still a huge gamble and not really worth it IMO.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:50:07 AM

Well I am going along to their BBQ they have invited people to up in Northern Sweden in around a month or so from now, to have a look around their growing farm and perhaps also get a tour around the huge hydro electric dam that provides the cheap electricity costs in the area, so if any of the miners are empty cases, cardboard cutouts or just inflatable toys, will let you know Smiley

[/quote]
Well, at the moment I am in Northern Sweden, yesterday was the day that I met up with Tommy. Disappointingly, was just myself and another person that travelled here. We were driven to the mining farm, all was good and interesting, the heat and noise etc was something I was suprised about the most. As in the pictures that Tommy has posted, it was exactly the same, lots of S5s, we then were taken to around to various locations, the dam nearby which provides much of the power and other nearby data centres in the area and then we were taken back to the hotel and then later on in the evening we met up again and we went out for a meal. There was no BBQ because there was just two of us or 3 if you include Tommy so we were taken to a very nice restaurant where we ate some typical Northern Swedish food and drinks. All in all had a really nice time. Was a shame that more did not come but I guess it is quite far to come but I was glad I did because it made me really understand what the heat and noise of miners were like, sort of like watching a motor race on the TV and then until you actually go to on in person it is alot different. We were also given a T Shirt for coming along too.

hopebit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:01:09 PM

So it looks like Mining Sweden is legit as they actually have the hardware doing the mining.
Shouldn't they be listed here then?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0
Propagandalf

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:49:49 PM

So it looks like Mining Sweden is legit as they actually have the hardware doing the mining.

Is there an official Mining Sweden thread on bitcointalk? I only found one on litecointalk.
Propagandalf

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:52:40 PM

Well, at the moment I am in Northern Sweden, yesterday was the day that I met up with Tommy. Disappointingly, was just myself and another person that travelled here. We were driven to the mining farm, all was good and interesting, the heat and noise etc was something I was suprised about the most. As in the pictures that Tommy has posted, it was exactly the same, lots of S5s, we then were taken to around to various locations, the dam nearby which provides much of the power and other nearby data centres in the area and then we were taken back to the hotel and then later on in the evening we met up again and we went out for a meal. There was no BBQ because there was just two of us or 3 if you include Tommy so we were taken to a very nice restaurant where we ate some typical Northern Swedish food and drinks. All in all had a really nice time. Was a shame that more did not come but I guess it is quite far to come but I was glad I did because it made me really understand what the heat and noise of miners were like, sort of like watching a motor race on the TV and then until you actually go to on in person it is alot different. We were also given a T Shirt for coming along too.

[/quote]

Such a shame that so few people met up. Sounds like your trip was worth it, though! Did you learn anything else from your trip? Anything enlightening from an investor's point of view, or about their future of mining?
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:08:59 PM

Is there an official Mining Sweden thread on bitcointalk? I only found one on litecointalk.

There was, but they ran away when asked about the vip shares possibly violating securities laws and for proof of their mining on the blockchain.

It's nice that they bought you dinner and that they have some miners, that doesn't make the whole thing viable.
Propagandalf

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:06:31 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 07:30:45 PM by Propagandalf

I sent an e-mail 8 days ago and never got a reply. That is not very professional.

Never mind, he apologized for missing it and answered all my questions.
musicmeetstheblockchain

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Blockchain Applications For The Real World

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:15:22 AM

I've been with Mining Sweden from the start. They are really transparent. Tommy even worked with us on ADC and set up a pool.
Looking forward to seeing what the VIP profit share brings.

jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 05:40:59 AM

I've been with Mining Sweden from the start. They are really transparent. Tommy even worked with us on ADC and set up a pool.

I hope it'll bring something good very fast... this ROI period is getting longer and longer atm
musicmeetstheblockchain

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Blockchain Applications For The Real World

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 08:02:09 AM

I hope it'll bring something good very fast... this ROI period is getting longer and longer atm

Compared to Hashnest yes. With the S7 launch he'll probably also need a hardware refresh.

IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:38:36 AM

Compared to Hashnest yes. With the S7 launch he'll probably also need a hardware refresh.

I agree!

Propagandalf

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:30:43 PM

Do you think that if Mining Sweden upgrades to S7s, that it will positively affect those who have already bought mining power - or that it will be offered as "unique" mining packs in the shop?
Propagandalf

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:19:02 PM

Do you think that if Mining Sweden upgrades to S7s, that it will positively affect those who have already bought mining power - or that it will be offered as "unique" mining packs in the shop?

I see they are now offering separate S7-packs in the shop!
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:29:20 PM

how will it positively impact you? More miners means the difficulty will go up, making the miners you "own" worth less. They will "sell" those miners to other people which will give you a smaller percentage of the total hashpower.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:00:56 AM

Could be positive for ones that bought vip shares, it the company grows its positive because with the vip shares you own a small share of the company. But it doesn't affect for ones that only bought the old mining shares.
Propagandalf

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:05:46 PM

how will it positively impact you? More miners means the difficulty will go up, making the miners you "own" worth less. They will "sell" those miners to other people which will give you a smaller percentage of the total hashpower.

It was a stupid question, but I was wondering if they would shut down the old miners and transfer the contracts to the S7s - I guess not Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: