Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: South Carolina church shooting: Nine die in Charleston 'hate crime'  (Read 3573 times)
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:06:08 AM

I'm kinda leaning toward TECSHARE's opinion on this one. It just seems mighty odd to me that Obama didn't waste any time at all making some sort of passive-aggressive dig about gun control. Though I'm not truly surprised. I'm seeing this as more of a false flag type of event to rev up more racism talk and try once again to revive the failed attempts at gun control. I wonder how long it's going to be before the good "Reverend" Sharpton speaks his anti-white hatred?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AJMax

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:17:38 AM

I'm kinda leaning toward TECSHARE's opinion on this one. It just seems mighty odd to me that Obama didn't waste any time at all making some sort of passive-aggressive dig about gun control. Though I'm not truly surprised. I'm seeing this as more of a false flag type of event to rev up more racism talk and try once again to revive the failed attempts at gun control. I wonder how long it's going to be before the good "Reverend" Sharpton speaks his anti-white hatred?

One thing I find strange is that the whole gun control talk seemed to be aimed primarily at restricting or otherwise making it harder to jump through hoops for those who are willing to do so - i.e. relatively law abiding people who are more likely to face such restrictions and bow to them in the first place. Incidentally, white population is a large percentage of this, along with other law abiding minorities.

On the other hand, why the fck would non-americans and criminals acquire guns legally?

It really does seem like this is a campaign geared specifically against law abiding gun owners by magnifying each instances of 'mass murder' while dozens are mass murdered everyday in american cities by criminal elements, yet no one seem to be talking about them. Weak are left prey to the violent in those environments, yet no righteous gun control advocates dare broach the subject because it would be 'racist/insensitive' or some other sad excuse. At this point, it is increasingly getting to the point where either the government and specifically this president and gun-control crowd is incapable of dealing with real gun threats, or worse purposely ignoring the race based criminality and gun violence in favor of what they apparently believe are softer targets with an unspoken aim of disarming those who they don't like.

The first issue that needs to be addressed before tightening any gun control law is going after the illegal small arms proliferation, one that are playing and spreading completely outside of the law. No amount of tightening gun regulations will keep guns away from those that cause the most damage on a daily basis and kill far more per year than these occasional nutjobs.

It's indeed telling how a drug-induced patsy conspiracy theory actually starts sounding plausible compared to what's coming out of obama's mouth everyday.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:26:13 AM

I wonder how long it's going to be before the good "Reverend" Sharpton speaks his anti-white hatred?

There has been no response from "Reverend" Al Sharpton apart from an odd tweet:

https://twitter.com/TheRevAl/status/611397227391647744

Before the suspect (Dylann Roof) was captured, Sharpton was planning to offer a reward for any information on him.

On the other hand, "Reverend" Jesse Jackson has been more vocal:

http://newsone.com/3126930/rev-jesse-jackson-ame-church-massacre-act-of-terrorism/
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 11:45:41 AM

If these nine people had been white or the shooter had been black this would have been called a 'hate crime'.  How is it less hateful to murder people of your own race?  What a misnomer.

So, the root cause here was suboxone.  That's nasty stuff.  It kind of scores a point to the don't take drugs ideal.

sdp

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 05:21:43 PM

It prove us that no place that could be a safe place to us. How can it happened in church, where people want to pray and worship God there. I don't know whether african-american people are minority or not, but US now has became a worse place to non-white people.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:36:07 PM

It seems like the shooting was racially motivated. The perpetrator has been identified as Dylann Roof, a 21-year old non-Hispanic White. He has been detained by the cops. According to the witnesses, the gunman told the victims "You rape our women and you're taking over our country". Still it seems a bit strange that 6 out of the 9 killed were female.

It's annoying how such racial hate crimes are committed and the felon has zero remorse. Delusional maniacs justifying and 'fighting for peace'. They are heroes in their own minds.

What's more annoying is people calling it a disaster, it wasn't an unavoidable natural disaster, it's a racial hate crime and that needs recognition, not some natural disaster.
Disgusting.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:59:46 PM

FoxNews is framing this as an attack on Christianity.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/06/18/foxs-steve-doocy-its-extraordinary-that-charles/204043

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 12:30:18 AM

Why does every single happening have to be down to 'Them'?
There are plenty of people who are nuts enough without shadowy powers encouraging them.

Did I address "every single happening" or just this instance? The FBI as well as other agencies here in the US have a very long and publicly documented history of finding impoverished feeble minded people, pumping them full of drugs and bad ideas, then giving them the weapons and money they need to commit a violent act so they can justify their own existence as well as create more social pressure for gun confiscation or more unconstitutional anti-terror laws.

You are talking James Bond movie conspiracy, I am talking military tactics that have been in use by various interests since society existed. Sure there are plenty of nuts, but nuts don't just randomly pick racially/religious driven targets that happen to create a perfectly timed political firestorm a few months before an election, and in the midst of riots in several places nation wide consisting mostly of blacks reacting to police violence against them. It is very clear various groups are attempting to initiate a race war in the US using a combination of violence and media. Chastise me all you want for seeing patterns you are willfully ignorant of, it doesn't make you any more correct, or make my observations incorrect just because the perpetrators aren't publicly known.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/friend-accused-sc-shooter-claims-wanted-start-race/story?id=31874063
BLKBITZ

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:59:40 AM

I know this sad event happened in a church...
but how do you know specifically it was a hate crime?

it was a white guy and black people died so that basically constitutes a hate crime.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 01:31:05 AM

"Gun free zones" for all but mass murderers and lesser violent criminals.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bobc1994

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 01:57:14 AM

Its just painful to know that there are people like this that exist.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:58:50 AM

This is ridiculous.
Do they think people can't apply their own mind to news items?
Dylan Roof was probably a christian.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 02:58:01 AM

This is ridiculous.
Do they think people can't apply their own mind to news items?
Dylan Roof was probably a christian.

The media is diving people by race, gender, religion, class, age, sexual preference, etc., as much as possible. They are the mouthpiece of those in control, and those in control want regular people fighting with themselves as much as possible, and not unifying across all of these lines to fight the common cause of their oppression... those in control.
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:59:48 AM

Im just wondering if it will come out that he was on some kind of pill like Paxil or Zoloft or something like they claim most of these other mass killers have been reported to be on .... they say that is one thibg they all have in common
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:43:00 AM

Dylann Roof: Minor crimes, 'creepy' behavior, talk of 'Southern pride'

Already in his young life, 21-year-old Dylann Storm Roof was a study in contradictions.

He lived in this tiny central South Carolina community, which is 90% black, and former classmates said he had many African American friends. But they also said he made racist jokes.

John Mullins, a former high school classmate, said that Roof didn't seem dangerous but that he would make comments sometimes that were troubling, talking about “Southern pride.”

“It was just jokes he would make, racist jokes,” Mullins said.

But now Roof will face murder and hate-crime charges in Wednesday night's slaughter of nine African Americans who had gathered for a Bible class inside a historic church in Charleston, 100 miles away. And authorities were scrambling to sketch out a profile of a man who, even in an age of continuous self-advertisement and public sharing, left little trail.

More...http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-charleston-shooter-profile-20150618-story.html
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:44:07 AM

The media is diving people by race, gender, religion, class, age, sexual preference, etc., as much as possible. They are the mouthpiece of those in control, and those in control want regular people fighting with themselves as much as possible, and not unifying across all of these lines to fight the common cause of their oppression... those in control.

At least, it should be sensible.
If the lunatic had a moslem sounding name, then playing it as a crime against christianity might have been believable.
Not in this case.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:53:47 AM

From victims’ families, forgiveness for accused Charleston gunman Dylann Roof

CHARLESTON, S.C. — President Obama challenged the nation Friday to confront the “terrible toll of gun violence” a day after a white man opened fire in a historic black church, killing nine people whose mourning relatives addressed the alleged killer for the first time with a message of despair and forgiveness.

In an emotional courtroom encounter here, a mother and daughter, a sister and grandson, among others, spoke directly to Dylann Roof, the 21-year-old charged Friday with nine counts of murder. He appeared for the bond hearing from jail through closed-circuit television.

As Roof’s face filled much of the screen — his eyes lowered, two guards in body armor flanking him from behind — surviving relatives told Roof his crime had devastated their families. But some said they forgave him, and, recalling the spirit of the venue where he staged his attack, pledged to pray for his soul.

“We welcomed you Wednesday night in our Bible study with welcome arms,” Felicia Sanders, whose son Tywanza Sanders was allegedly killed by Roof. Police say Roof spent an hour among the parishioners Wednesday evening before opening fire.

“Tywanza Sanders was my son. But Tywanza Sanders was my hero. Tywanza was my hero,’’ she said, her voice trembling. “May God have mercy on you.”

More...http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/south-carolina-governor-urges-death-penalty-charges-in-church-slayings/2015/06/19/3c039722-1678-11e5-9ddc-e3353542100c_story.html
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:08:04 AM

Charleston church victims’ families forgive suspect in court

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — They forgave him. They advised him to repent for his sins, and asked for God’s mercy on his soul. One even told Dylann Storm Roof to repent and confess, and “you’ll be OK.”

Relatives of the nine people shot down during a Bible study session inside their historic black church confronted the 21-year-old suspect Friday during his initial hearing. They described their pain and anger, but also spoke of love.

“I forgive you, my family forgives you,” said Anthony Thompson, whose relative Myra Thompson was killed. “We would like you to take this opportunity to repent. … Do that and you’ll be better off than you are right now.”

Roof was ordered held until a bond is set on murder charges. He appeared by video from the county jail, looking somber in a striped jumpsuit and speaking only briefly in response to the judge’s questions.

The victims included the Rev. Clementa Pinckney, a state senator who doubled as the church’s lead pastor, and eight others who played multiple roles in their families and communities: ministers and coaches, teachers and a librarian, counselors and choir singers and the elderly sexton who made sure the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church was kept clean.

More...http://wtop.com/national/2015/06/gunman-feared-blacks-were-taking-over-the-world/
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:59:13 AM

It's annoying how such racial hate crimes are committed and the felon has zero remorse. Delusional maniacs justifying and 'fighting for peace'. They are heroes in their own minds.

He seems to have zero remorse, as he is having mental issues. He is a known drug user, and was reported to be having mental health problems for a long time. At the time of the shooting, he was high on a drug called Suboxone, which can trigger violent reaction on people who take it. When he comes back to his senses, he will regret for what he did.
Bit-Gods

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:18:31 AM

I know this sad event happened in a church...
but how do you know specifically it was a hate crime?

Let me answer your queries this way.

1) What is a hate crime?

In both crime and law, hate crime (also known as bias-motivated crime) is a usually violent, prejudice motivated crime that occurs when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group.

2) How is this a hate crime?

Killing people brutally and when questioned why, says: 'I have to do it. You rape our women and you’re taking over our country. And you have to go.'

Read more here: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33205339

3) What happens to him now?

Hate crimes are not separate charges, but an "enhancement" to an existing charge, like assault or murder. Prosecutors use this option to increase the severity of the punishment for those crimes - a potential sentence for a hate crime assault would be higher than an assault with no hate crime enhancement. The court decides what happens next, he's not getting away with it easy.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: