Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:02:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High-risk, high-reward: Dogecoin and Bitcoin  (Read 2712 times)
dataispower (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:09:56 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 09:39:16 PM by dataispower

In my opinion it is more probable for Dogecoin to gain $1 billion market cap, than for bitcoin to show the same amount of growth in the same period of time.

For $5000 you could buy around 20 BTC today, and for 20 BTC you could buy around 25 Million doge. If dogecoin market cap goes to $1 billion, then you would have around $250,000. To see the same kind of return from bitcoin, the bitcoin market cap has to get to around $175,000,000,000. The price of one btc will have to be around $12,500.

Ask yourself, which is more probable to happen sooner, for 1 dogecoin to be valued $1 cent, to gain a market cap of $1 billion, or for bitcoin to get to $175,000,000,000 market cap.

Considering that litecoin already got to $1 billion market cap in the past, I don't see any reason why dogecoin wouldn't achieve the same result and more.

Don’t invest more than you can afford to lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:12:54 PM

What's with the dogecoin pumpers lately?  Keep this crap in the alt section.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:17:16 PM

What's with the dogecoin pumpers lately?  Keep this crap in the alt section.

So do you agree that, it is more probable for Dogecoin to gain $1 billion market cap, than for bitcoin to show the same amount of growth in the same period of time or not?

I think this is an important discussion to have.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 02:19:20 PM

What's with the dogecoin pumpers lately?  Keep this crap in the alt section.

So do you agree that, it is more probable for Dogecoin to gain $1 billion market cap, than for bitcoin to show the same amount of growth in the same period of time or not?

I think this is an important discussion to have.

dogecoin sucks

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:20:35 PM

This is Bitcoin speculation, we don't give a damn about dogecoin.

dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:22:45 PM
Merited by Wakate (1)

This is Bitcoin speculation, we don't give a damn about dogecoin.

A. I care.

B. There is a discussion going on about Litecoin in this section in relation to Bitcoin, why not make the same about Dogecoin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082048.0
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:24:44 PM

In my opinion it is more probable for Dogecoin to gain $1 billion market cap, than for bitcoin to show the same amount of growth in the same period of time.

But as always, don’t invest more than you can afford to lose.

now we can discussion about dogecoin in here Huh

Btw Dogecoin are joke for me not special about that coin, i like litecoin than jokecoin

dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:27:12 PM

now we can discussion about dogecoin in here Huh

Btw Dogecoin are joke for me not special about that coin, i like litecoin than jokecoin

Yes, a joke with a $20+ million market cap, with more active users than all altcoins combined (including litecoin).
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:30:42 PM

be so kind and educate yourself little bit before posting such non-sense like this..they had strong community, many funded projects, mobile/light wallets, active development. imho they are in better position than litecoin now..
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:33:51 PM

be so kind and educate yourself little bit before posting such non-sense like this..they had strong community, many funded projects, mobile/light wallets, active development. imho they are in better position than litecoin now..

Exactly.

Anyway, I wanted to have a discussion about dogecoin growth potential in comparison to bitcoin.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:54:45 PM

Anyway, I wanted to have a discussion about dogecoin growth potential in comparison to bitcoin.

I think, that dogecoin (like any other crypto) heavily depends on bitcoin adoption to public. I think, that dogecoin had space here, anyway it will not happened, if bitcoin will somehow stuck or fail because of anything.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:57:43 PM

I think, that dogecoin (like any other crypto) heavily depends on bitcoin adoption to public. I think, that dogecoin had space here, anyway it will not happened, if bitcoin will somehow stuck or fail because of anything.

Hopefully Dogecoin and Bitcoin will hit mainstream. I do prefer Dogecoin to tell you the truth.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:02:21 PM

Hopefully Dogecoin and Bitcoin will hit mainstream. I do prefer Dogecoin to tell you the truth.

I also like the idea of tipping via social media, twitch or other channels. What I don't like is, that creator of dogecoin left community, Ben Doernberg also left and there was this scam with moolah.

and this video? omg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjUsn2rH_xE
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:34:15 PM

Ofcourse it is more likely for a coin with a lowish market cap to gain 50x value than for something with a 4 billion marketcap to gain the same 50x value... Not really a very interesting discussion...
vlad12

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:15:19 PM

As much as I like dogecoin, I think it has already reached most if not all of it's intended demographic: young crypto enthusiasts hyped by a meme. How much more beyond that can it go? No serious institutional investor would even consider something like this.

All it is is a joke-ish copy of bitcoin... a pretty cool one, but definitely something which will slowly disappear.

dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:35:12 PM

As much as I like dogecoin, I think it has already reached most if not all of it's intended demographic: young crypto enthusiasts hyped by a meme. How much more beyond that can it go? No serious institutional investor would even consider something like this.

All it is is a joke-ish copy of bitcoin... a pretty cool one, but definitely something which will slowly disappear.

No investor would consider investing money into a company that has a bird for a logo.  Wink
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 07:39:44 PM

Welcome to the altcoin ghetto. Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:45:56 PM

The doge is #2.. forget this silly Market cap bs.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:57:49 PM

Ofcourse it is more likely for a coin with a lowish market cap to gain 50x value than for something with a 4 billion marketcap to gain the same 50x value... Not really a very interesting discussion...

I beg to differ.   Doge was always the most publicized alternate, even more publicized than Litecoin, and it failed harder than BTC in the acquisition of new users.  In many ways Doge was also reaching people who had also never heard of Bitcoin either.

One of my acquittance is the man who is often regarded as creating the first Doge ATM, in the whole world, and he had to shut it down (lack of sales) but meanwhile he has since had probably dozens of successful BTC machines.

Reality is Doge creates a lot of noise, has a lot of 'tards and kids following it on Reddit, it got its' 5 minutes of fame in the media (Olympics, Nascar, a lot of coverage on TV news) and a lot of publicity but when it came to the mass public it performed worse than BTC in attracting users.   If people are skeptical about BTC, when they had learned about Doge they literally saw it as some Pokemon / Cabbage Patch kid thing and were less interested in that.  

Doge, admittedly, could had been more successful if they had followed up and made cartoons or products for it aimed at preteens with parent's credit cards but decentralized communities are chaotic and many of the Doge early adopters were more interested in cashing out than working on the capitalization (see the infamous god PDF)

IMHO - if any alternate had as much publicity as Doge did, heck even LTC, they would be giving BTC a run for their money.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:02:19 PM

I think that it is a very interesting discussion.

For $5000 you could buy around 20 BTC today, and for 20 BTC you could buy around 25 Million doge.

If dogecoin market cap goes to $1 billion, then you would have around $250,000.

To see the same kind of return from bitcoin, the bitcoin market cap has to get to around $175,000,000,000.

The price of one btc will have to be around $12,500.

Ask yourself, which is more probable to happen sooner, for 1 dogecoin to be valued $1 cent, to gain a market cap of $1 billion, or for bitcoin to get to $175,000,000,000 market cap.

Considering that litecoin already got to $1 billion market cap in the past, I don't any see reason why dogecoin wouldn't achieve the same result and more.

But, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: