Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:18:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldMoney [FB post]: James Turk in conversation with Félix Moreno de la Cova  (Read 14785 times)
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 06:08:47 AM

where get the behind the scenes image?

The DHS drone that follows Mr. Turk around and got hacked.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 02:32:24 PM

everyday i'm putting up requests for Trace Mayer in that days video comments.  Cheesy
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 11:04:08 PM

But so is fundamental protocol failure of the bitcoin network at this point. Just a matter of degrees...

You seem to have a lot of confidence in a beta networking software experiment .... bitcoin does have counterparty-risk associated with it, regardless of however small it is, it cannot be just wished away.

Bitcoin2.0 (incl. native protocol strong anonymity feature) seems to be the biggest threat here for me.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:38:57 AM

Lots of discussion going on in the Youtube comments. I posted a hell of a lot, need sleep now. Someone take over for me. In case you're wondering, I have Sabbetus as my nickname over there.

ok, i'm battling over there with ya as "none6524".

hey, thanks for turning me on to that YouTube comment page.  i'm having alot of fun slaughtering all those peabrains over there.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:02:15 PM

394 it's a lot of comments
Felix is "gallatinfx"

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:05:42 AM

everyday i'm putting up requests for Trace Mayer in that days video comments.  Cheesy

for goldmoney videos?

i want Lauren to interview Trace.

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:09:18 AM

I want lauren to interview trace
Lauren Lyster? oh yeah

everyday i'm putting up requests for Trace Mayer in that days video comments.  Cheesy
for goldmoney videos?

394 it's a lot of comments
Felix is "gallatinfx"
Now 238

But so is fundamental protocol failure of the bitcoin network at this point. Just a matter of degrees...

You seem to have a lot of confidence in a beta networking software experiment .... bitcoin does have counterparty-risk associated with it, regardless of however small it is, it cannot be just wished away.

Bitcoin2.0 (incl. native protocol strong anonymity feature) seems to be the biggest threat here for me.
What/where is info on bitcoin2.0?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 04:20:56 AM

everyday i'm putting up requests for Trace Mayer in that days video comments.  Cheesy

for goldmoney videos?

no, for getting Trace on the show.

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:03:10 AM

for goldmoney videos?

what show

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 07:19:29 PM

for goldmoney videos?

what show

Capital Account with Lauren Lyster
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:28:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_TpbxORxmnY#t=483s

Brief mention of bitcoin on today's Keiser Report.
James Turk will be soon in the show, and seems like he'll be ask (again) his opinion on bitcoin  Grin

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:28:15 AM

Why should we apologize for the fact that Bitcoin is intangible (in the sense that it's non-corporeal)? That's a huge advantage. Until we invent cheap and reliable teleportation, you can't spend corporeal things at a distance. Sorry goldbugs, but gold is not particularly well-suited for the information age. Corporealness was never important in and of itself. It was simply the price you had to pay to eliminate counter-party risk. Until now. Gold's only real advantage over Bitcoin is a few thousand years headstart. But I think you'll be surprised how quickly Bitcoin makes up the distance.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:05:02 AM

Why should we apologize for the fact that Bitcoin is intangible (in the sense that it's non-corporeal)? That's a huge advantage. Until we invent cheap and reliable teleportation, you can't spend corporeal things at a distance. Sorry goldbugs, but gold is not particularly well-suited for the information age. Corporealness was never important in and of itself. It was simply the price you had to pay to eliminate counter-party risk. Until now. Gold's only real advantage over Bitcoin is a few thousand years headstart. But I think you'll be surprised how quickly Bitcoin makes up the distance.

What percentage of gold has been stolen?  Bitcoin in it's short life?  Seems to me that a fair amount of BTC has been 'teleported' across distance right into some thief's pocket.  And that this scenario is as 'reliable' as clockwork.  'Cheap' for the thief also since it is unusual for them to be caught and fairly unheard of for them to be punished.  So you see, everything has it's advantages and dis-advantages.

Most of the thinkers (or most who impress me much at any rate) seem to recognize that Bitcoin and PM's have some significant potential to complement one another.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:18:12 AM

What percentage of gold has been stolen?  Bitcoin in it's short life?  Seems to me that a fair amount of BTC has been 'teleported' across distance right into some thief's pocket.  And that this scenario is as 'reliable' as clockwork.  'Cheap' for the thief also since it is unusual for them to be caught and fairly unheard of for them to be punished.  So you see, everything has it's advantages and dis-advantages.

Most of the thinkers (or most who impress me much at any rate) seem to recognize that Bitcoin and PM's have some significant potential to complement one another.
Most of the people who have had their coins stolen were not in possession of them at the time. If you ask someone to hold onto your gold bullion, that also increases your risk of theft. (And I'd imagine that a HUGE amount of gold has been stolen over the years.) And the Bitcoin thefts are also largely a product of the newness of the technology and thus the naivete of its users. But lessons are being learned. But I absolutely agree that PM's and Bitcoin complement each other very well. I'd certainly recommend holding both. The main disadvantage I see with Bitcoin is the possibility that it "breaks." But if it doesn't, I think in the long-term it will steal a lot of market share from PM's. Of course, if and when that happens, your BTC purchasing power will be up so dramatically, you probably won't be too concerned about whatever hit you've taken in PM's.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 04:37:04 AM

But I absolutely agree that PM's and Bitcoin complement each other very well. I'd certainly recommend holding both. The main disadvantage I see with Bitcoin is the possibility that it "breaks." But if it doesn't, I think in the long-term it will steal a lot of market share from PM's. Of course, if and when that happens, your BTC purchasing power will be up so dramatically, you probably won't be too concerned about whatever hit you've taken in PM's.

I would love it if Bitcoin stole even the tinyest barely noticeable amount of 'market share' from PM's.  Among the reasons, it would make me insanely wealthy personally.  That is a part of the reason I speculate in it.

Another reason I prefer Bitcoin is that gold is very difficult to shake out of the hands of those who hold it, and most of these are hands that I would love to see working in the poor house.  With Bitcoin, OTOH, if a significant fraction of the user-base were at a significant enough disadvantage complements of the owners of the currency base, they could simply upgrade their software and switch to a more promising solution.  So there is pressure on the holders of the currency to ensure that it is relatively useable and useful to the general population.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 08:41:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_TpbxORxmnY#t=483s

Brief mention of bitcoin on today's Keiser Report.
James Turk will be soon in the show, and seems like he'll be ask (again) his opinion on bitcoin  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TpbxORxmnY#t=8m20s

seems like they just mention turk and talking about bitcoin, but not in this specific video, please help if i mistaken

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:47:30 PM

In a victoryIndependence interview, Trace Meyer argues the tangibility of bitcoin referencing the James Turk interview this thread is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YHVVi7M4jbo#t=779s

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:50:11 PM

In a victoryIndependence interview, Trace Meyer argues the tangibility of bitcoin referencing the James Turk interview this thread is about:

what's "kerebral"?  does he mean "cerebral"?  Wink
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 10:00:38 PM

what's "kerebral"?  does he mean "cerebral"?  Wink

corporeal?

I re-listened. Although he seems to say something like: "coreporal", I think he means "corporeal" as in "having a touchable physical body"

Sidenote: It's pretty interesting what he has to say about property rights on bitcoin starting around 18:00

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 10:04:12 PM

what's "kerebral"?  does he mean "cerebral"?  Wink

I re-listened. Although he seems to say something like: "coreporal", I think he means "corporeal" as in "having a touchable physical body"

i think he means "cerebral".  http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cerebral
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: