Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:19:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia willing to consider loans to Greece  (Read 2113 times)
Aggressor66 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:28:49 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia-willing-consider-loans-greece-114122433.html

Russia is willing to consider giving financial aid to Greece, President Vladimir Putin's spokesman said Friday ahead of talks between the leaders of the two countries.

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras traveled to Russia as his country struggles to reach a deal with its creditors for new loans it needs to avoid defaulting on debt payments at the end of the month. Without the bailout, Greece could be headed for bankruptcy or an exit from the euro.

Tsipras's visit has given rise to speculation that the Greeks may be seeking Russian loans.

I thought that Russia was in financial trouble  Sad
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:27:49 PM

Well... I'll give you a comparison between the United States and Russia.

Russia:
Net Debt: $243 billion
Forex Reserves: $370 billion
Surplus: $127 billion

United States:
Net Debt: $18,315 billion
Forex Reserves: $121 billion
Deficit: $18,194 billion

Now, from these stats, who seems to be in financial trouble?
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:11:14 PM

I think Russia here plays a very clever game.
Currently, Russia is quite isolated in Europe and this is an excellent opportunity for them to deepen their ties with an important member of the EU and NATO and make Greece financially dependent on Russia.
Another important objective of Russian policy is likely to bypass the blockade of the EU and to build their pipeline of alternative route: Turkey- Greece- Makedonie- Serbia and Hungary, through the countries with whom they have built excellent political and economic relations.
However, Russia is also in financial problems and the question is how much they can really financially help Greece.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:22:09 PM

Heads up WW3 coming...
Both EU and US warned Greece it seems the new Government wan'ts to refresh relations with Russia(and China). Economic devastation of a country in astrategic position is no good. Russia would like like to get
a "far hand" inside Greece to sabotage EU sanctions and bypass Ukraine.
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:29:57 PM

[quote
[/quote]

Well the answer for this is, Russia has a large and sophisticated arms industry, capable of designing and manufacturing high-tech military equipment, including a fifth-generation fighter jet. The value of Russian arms exports totalled $15.7 billion in 2013—second only to the US. Top military exports from Russia include combat aircraft, air defence systems, ships and submarines.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:44:22 PM

Well the answer for this is, Russia has a large and sophisticated arms industry, capable of designing and manufacturing high-tech military equipment, including a fifth-generation fighter jet. The value of Russian arms exports totalled $15.7 billion in 2013—second only to the US. Top military exports from Russia include combat aircraft, air defence systems, ships and submarines.

Arms industry is important for the Russian economy, but it is not one of the top revenue earners for Russia. Russia produces some 10.7 million barrels of crude oil every day, and exports crude and products worth 8.1 million barrels every day. They earn a tax revenue of $42 per barrel from the exports, amounting to $340 million per day or $124 billion per year. They also export vast quantities of natural gas, in addition to other resources such as timber, coal, nickel, phosphate, copper, aluminium, and gold.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:58:12 PM

Russia:

United States:

You should relate debt and deficit to gross domestic product, and income per inhabitant...

Now, I wonder what game the Greeks are playing. They've said many times that the Germans and especially Frau Merkel were all nazis, but they would like us to believe that Putin is Mr Nice Guy, and that he will save Greece from rapacious western bankers? I'm doubtful dealing with Putin will be any sweeter than dealing with Mme Lagarde from the IMF.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:33:34 PM

Pretty sweet and smooth move by Russia. After making greece financially dependent, they will hold an upper hand in their region and might take advantage of their favours provided at future. Also, Russia is one of those countries with the lowest debts I assume and maximum resources. They are pretty strong.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:28:55 PM

You should relate debt and deficit to gross domestic product, and income per inhabitant...

The net debt in the United States is around 120% of the GDP. On the other hand, the Russian net debt is just 7% of the national GDP.

Now, I wonder what game the Greeks are playing. They've said many times that the Germans and especially Frau Merkel were all nazis, but they would like us to believe that Putin is Mr Nice Guy, and that he will save Greece from rapacious western bankers? I'm doubtful dealing with Putin will be any sweeter than dealing with Mme Lagarde from the IMF.

At least Putin is not trying to steal money from the Greek pensioners, when they are struggling to survive. And he is not siding with Goldman Sucks, when the bank is trying to loot the Greeks.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 04:31:09 PM

Russia:

United States:

Well, Russian Federation is now in economic decline. Not America. Those debts are just a numbers. America have control of its money which is world reserve currency. American dollar yeah! )))

oni.saori

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:45:07 PM

i think these debts are on papers only and never gonna get clear Wink
xeryan

Activity: 337

HTML5/Node.js/PHP developer

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:48:50 PM

Greece has a collateral ? Tongue
bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:03:18 PM

Wow. The US net debt is a really huge number. How on earth did it get up to that?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:05:01 AM

Wow. The US net debt is a really huge number. How on earth did it get up to that?

They need money to invade sovereign nations such as Libya, Serbia and Iraq, right? Also they are spending almost $1 trillion a year to maintain their war machine. That said, most of the federal debt was amassed after Barack Obama became the POTUS. And if Hillary becomes the next POTUS in 2016, it can rise to new peaks.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:21:07 PM

They need money to invade sovereign nations such as Libya, Serbia and Iraq, right? Also they are spending almost $1 trillion a year to maintain their war machine. That said, most of the federal debt was amassed after Barack Obama became the POTUS. And if Hillary becomes the next POTUS in 2016, it can rise to new peaks.

Financing war is only part of the budget. There's also medical insurance, but since the average American is more than 10 times richer than the average Russian, bankers will always have more trust in US than Russia. US government can borrow money at less cost than the Russian one, and this isn't going to change in the foreseeable future.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 11:33:32 PM

Russia:

United States:

You should have expressed yourself in a different manner (i.e. the numbers). I actually thought at first that you wrote $18.315 billion and wanted to correct you. To clarify, we are talking about $18 Trillion USD debt. According to wikipedia it is 72.50% of the GDP while for Russia it is only 11.42%

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

From what I understand they plan to do a gas deal with them in addition to their help.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:44:04 PM

well the problem its if its left wing connected to a bit of terror and the part of greece democracy must be implied to remove both liders of this regimes to another will of people in those countries for the all europe to provide the correct ideology distorced by this to nervouse irregular rich guys

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:28:17 AM

You should have expressed yourself in a different manner (i.e. the numbers). I actually thought at first that you wrote $18.315 billion and wanted to correct you. To clarify, we are talking about $18 Trillion USD debt. According to wikipedia it is 72.50% of the GDP while for Russia it is only 11.42%

I am not sure, whether your figures are accurate. According to the site which you had mentioned earlier (http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org), the US GDP is $17.418 billion. The net debt is $18.319 billion, so net debt accounts for 105% of the United States GDP. And according to the same site, the Russian GDP is $2.117 billion (the Russian economy is having a significant informal sector, so the real GDP might be much higher). So the net debt accounts for 11.4% of the Russian GDP.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 07:49:04 AM

I am not sure, whether your figures are accurate. According to the site which you had mentioned earlier (http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org), the US GDP is $17.418 billion. The net debt is $18.319 billion, so net debt accounts for 105% of the United States GDP. And according to the same site, the Russian GDP is $2.117 billion (the Russian economy is having a significant informal sector, so the real GDP might be much higher). So the net debt accounts for 11.4% of the Russian GDP.
I think that the numbers from Wikipedia are based from a 2012 report. Actually it is, I've just verified it.Russia actually deceased the dept if the numbers are correct. It was 12.2% of the Russian GDP in 2012.

However, this link has more 'up to date' information, the numbers don't match now. I'm not sure exactly what to make of this.
Even if we take into account the worst scenario, Russia is still in a better state than the USA. That's 23% of their GDP, compared to 105% for the United Sates.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:56:18 AM

The Eurozone countries are going to help them I suppose. I read in the newspaper that Greece is on the verge of defaulting euro 1.7+ billion and have asked the Eurozone countries to help it with euros 7+ billion.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: