Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:49:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Los Angeles police shoot unarmed man in head; and then handcuff him!  (Read 1748 times)
Muhammed Zakir (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 09:58:28 AM

Los Angeles police shoot unarmed man in head – and then handcuff him

• Man with towel around hand appeared to flag officers down for help
 • Police handcuffed unconscious man as he bled profusely

The man, who is believed to be Hispanic and in his forties, was shot after failing to respond to a police order to ‘drop the gun’, an LAPD spokesman said.

An unarmed man was shot in the head and critically wounded by Los Angeles police officers on Friday night, after he appeared to be flagging them down for assistance.

A passerby recorded graphic video of the incident from a car, and then posted it on Twitter. The video showed officers turning over the man, who appeared to be unconscious and lying on his face, and handcuffing his hands behind his back as his head bled profusely.

The Los Angeles police department said the man, who was not immediately named, had a towel wrapped around his hand and the two officers believed he was concealing a weapon.

The man reportedly waved over the officers in their patrol car in the quiet Los Feliz area of LA, north-east of Hollywood, at about 6.30pm. The officers got out of their vehicle and one ordered the man to “drop the gun”, LAPD lieutenant John Jenal told local television news on Friday night.

Jenal said the man “extended his arm towards the officers”. The man did not respond to the police order and he was shot, Jenal said.

According to the LA Times, officers later discovered the man was not carrying a weapon.

The man, who is believed to be Hispanic and in his forties, was taken to hospital. On Saturday afternoon, his condition was described as grave.

Witnesses said they heard three or four shots ring out during the confrontation.

The LAPD said on Saturday it was standard procedure to handcuff any suspect.

Surrounding streets, including a major local thoroughfare, were closed off until 2am on Saturday, causing gridlock in the area.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/20/los-angeles-police-shoot-unarmed-man-in-head

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:07:09 AM

The cops are stupid and cowardly, Standard and I wonder if we need a public health investigation into whether blue dye lowers IQ and increases the fear response

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:13:03 PM

Aren't these police offers supposed to take IQ tests? Aren't these tests design to help analyze if a person is mentally qualified to become a cop and be accompanied with a gun and a badge? physical fitness and willingness to serve is all good but if your understanding and maturity is of a 7 year old, BEING A POLICE MAN IS NOT THE FUCKING WAY TO GO!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

Aren't these police offers supposed to take IQ tests? Aren't these tests design to help analyze if a person is mentally qualified to become a cop and be accompanied with a gun and a badge? physical fitness and willingness to serve is all good but if your understanding and maturity is of a 7 year old, BEING A POLICE MAN IS NOT THE FUCKING WAY TO GO!

I remember awhile back there was an article posted here on that very issue and it turned out that the authorities were deliberately weeding out any recruits that might actually be intelligent, they don't want a police force that can think for themselves and look at situations carefully, they just want obedient mercenaries.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:42:41 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:48:36 PM

I don't think that the victim was Hispanic. He looks 100% white from this image:

And this might be one of the reasons why the mainstream media is still refusing to reveal the identity of the victim. Earlier, most of the new articles were referring to the victim as Hispanic. But now, the new articles are silent about his ethnicity. A white on minority police shooting attracts much more attention, perhaps.
dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:12:55 PM

It happens everywhere in the world, however in U.S it is bit extreme, even I heard that, U.S Police will not even tolerate plastic guns to be raised on them for play or whatever, there are numerous live captured videos in youtube which shows real cowardly things by few officers. While seeing those live clips, one can ascertain that they have some stress in their life and they take out those stress by doing such cowardly acts.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:36:06 PM

That is the most stupid thing I have heard this week, they shoot the man then they handcuff so when it comes to investagation they shot someone unarmed and cuffed? "Makes sense" Still going strong after taking a bullet to the head, my preyers are with him.
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:01:13 PM

HAHAHA, PREACH! My feelings described perfectly over here! Aren't these people selected, tested, trained, made eligible for the the best services before handing them a badge and a gun? Does the profession kill brain cells?

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:50:30 PM

HAHAHA, PREACH! My feelings described perfectly over here! Aren't these people selected, tested, trained, made eligible for the the best services before handing them a badge and a gun? Does the profession kill brain cells?

Read my post above.  Some police agencies have apparently implemented a policy that you are barred from being a police officer if your IQ is too high.  The decision was upheld in a Federal lawsuit.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:05:28 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

I think I've just about read it all now. I would've thought the average cop gets more stimulus, be it mental or otherwise, in a week than an office worker does in their entire career.

Perhaps they're not supposed to sit back and reflect after emptying their guns into brown people.

ED-209's time is about to blossom. We have just the right generation of numbed gamers to steer them too.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:18:37 PM

It's sad to hear that this man was shot in the head and got handcuffed
The police should apply pressure on his head and call the ambulance  Embarrassed
Another Bad rep In my book!
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:35:45 PM

It happens everywhere in the world, however in U.S it is bit extreme, even I heard that, U.S Police will not even tolerate plastic guns to be raised on them for play or whatever, there are numerous live captured videos in youtube which shows real cowardly things by few officers. While seeing those live clips, one can ascertain that they have some stress in their life and they take out those stress by doing such cowardly acts.

Everywhere in the world? where the hell do you live? in my country I cant remember a single case of a guy getting shoot by the police in the head, let alone being handcuff after that just in case he returns back to life the walking dead style. What the fuck man.
the_reprobate

Activity: 320

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:38:30 PM

I'm glad that they only hand cuffed him and didn't swing their baton at him while he was lying in the ground  Roll Eyes

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:22:36 PM

The LAPD said on Saturday it was standard procedure to handcuff any suspect.

Kudos to them for following procedures.  Tongue
A suspect is a suspect, even if shot and profusely bleeding.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:08:13 AM

Well.. this can't get any better. According to the Los Angeles Police Department official spokesperson Andrew Smith, the cops are investigating whether the shooting was provoked by an "attempt to suicide" from the victim. According to Smith, the cops are still investigating why the victim flagged down the two policemen. They are also investigating him for terrorist links (for flagging down).  Grin
ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:55:27 AM

• Man with towel around hand appeared to flag officers down for help
 • Police handcuffed unconscious man as he bled profusely
The man, who is believed to be Hispanic and in his forties, was shot after failing to respond to a police order to ‘drop the gun’, an LAPD spokesman said.[/center]

An unarmed man was shot in the head and critically wounded by Los Angeles police officers on Friday night, after he appeared to be flagging them down for assistance.

A passerby recorded graphic video of the incident from a car, and then posted it on Twitter. The video showed officers turning over the man, who appeared to be unconscious and lying on his face, and handcuffing his hands behind his back as his head bled profusely.

Recently this year, I found many news related to the police shoot the unarmed man in the United states o America. I came across similar news in Brazil also, the ironic part in the above news is that, is that policeman are trying to control his breath or what ? during he was lying unconscious. I think that policeman just return watching police action movies.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 07:48:11 AM

I'm glad that they only hand cuffed him and didn't swing their baton at him while he was lying in the ground  Roll Eyes
  STOP RESISTING!!!1
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:37:48 AM

Every day that passes hatred and disgust toward the police in that country is increasing. A real shame that nobody does anything to solve.
engwell

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:16:51 AM

The USA has become one of the most wretched police states in the history of the world. Can't imagine how scary it must be to live their seeing their police force maim and kill innocents indiscriminately.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: