Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon is going to accept bitcoin in the near future  (Read 6812 times)
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:12:13 PM

That's not a positive response as whenever I contact Amazon or any other shopping/online website and ask them about supporting other payment methods/countries, they give me a "hopeful" kind of response but that doesn't mean that they will support bitcoins. They are customer support representatives and their job is to keep a customer satisfied/happy and hence their replies are sent in a non committal way.

correct, a customer service rep has one job, and its to fix problems, and make the person want to come shop there again.  no financial sway at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:24:33 PM

I hope people realize the reason why online retailers want to support bitcoin is because there's quite a number of early adopters sitting pretty on large stashes.  Making it easier for these users to part with their bitcoins is what business is all about.  What happens to the bitcoins?  They'll instantly get converted into US$.  Amazon is not going to be left holding the bag with a 75% value drop like we saw in 2014.

What we should be concentrating on is giving CUSTOMERS incentive to get bitcoins, earn them, spend them, and want more of them.  How many customers of Amazon today think 'nope, I won't use my credit card on one of the safest retailing sites on the Internet.  I'll go out and buy bitcoins and then use them.  Yeah, that'll be easier'.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:28:34 PM

I hope people realize the reason why online retailers want to support bitcoin is because there's quite a number of early adopters sitting pretty on large stashes.  Making it easier for these users to part with their bitcoins is what business is all about.  What happens to the bitcoins?  They'll instantly get converted into US$.  Amazon is not going to be left holding the bag with a 75% value drop like we saw in 2014.

What we should be concentrating on is giving CUSTOMERS incentive to get bitcoins, earn them, spend them, and want more of them.  How many customers of Amazon today think 'nope, I won't use my credit card on one of the safest retailing sites on the Internet.  I'll go out and buy bitcoins and then use them.  Yeah, that'll be easier'.

exactly what i've said in the past, the whole no consumer protection thing is really a problem for a lot of people.  it would be more headache for an online retailer to deal with rather that a good thing
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:51:31 PM

I hope people realize the reason why online retailers want to support bitcoin is because there's quite a number of early adopters sitting pretty on large stashes.  Making it easier for these users to part with their bitcoins is what business is all about.  

if so, why do the early adopters trying so hard to convince others that paypal, microsoft, amazon is about to implement btc?

they are acting like those guys from customer support: telling fairy tales to average joe. but the sad truth is that payment processors like bitpay are doing very bad.
Alex1212

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:10:39 PM

I thought i read something awhile back saying that amazon would never accept bitcoin, or maybe it was paypal Huh Huh

It might have been a Time story that you read saying that. About a year ago Amazon’s head of payments said that Amazon was not planning to accept Bitcoin. Maybe things have changed now, but I won't believe it until Someone high up at Amazon confirms it.

http://time.com/63376/amazon-bitcoin/

America’s largest online retailer has no plans to hop on the Bitcoin bandwagon. Amazon’s head of payments told Re/Code that the company has no current plans to accept the digital currency. “Obviously it gets a lot of press and we have considered it,” he said, “but we’re not hearing from customers that it’s right for them.”
yeah, that was the one i read...
bitcoirnplaza

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:12:10 PM

Please close this bullshit this is pure bullish FUD.

No I'm not a bear ..
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:12:30 PM

exactly what i've said in the past, the whole no consumer protection thing is really a problem for a lot of people.  it would be more headache for an online retailer to deal with rather that a good thing

It's not an issue as it probably wouldn't be any different than using a credit card. Sites like Amazon would use a payment processor so if anything went wrong you'd be protected by that.
DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:19:13 PM

yes can start accepting for this if they find a big number of users want to use this for purchase
if they get enough requests for this then they may consider this but it will take some time, but it will add value to bitcoin when one of the biggest ecommerce company amazon starts accepting bitcoin payments for shopping.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:21:37 PM

Well i hope amazon will accept it soon enough
Because if amazon did accept bitcoins i don't need to spend my bitcoin on amazon gift cards Cheesy
But i gonna say that shipping fee for amazon is a little bit high  Embarrassed
$17 bucks for shipping  Shocked
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 06:40:41 PM

they are acting like those guys from customer support: telling fairy tales to average joe. but the sad truth is that payment processors like bitpay are doing very bad.

In what way are bitpay doing very bad. Not having a dig, just interested in a bit more info
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:46:59 PM

They can take them now or take them later. I don't care, I no longer use them. If they want my money again they will have to take bitcoin, because bitcoin IS my money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:07:38 PM

Might not be easier, but might be cheaper.
In some countries you'll pay taxes for international credit card transactions, that surely will be higher than the cost of buying bitcoins locally, and sometimes you have to pay to maintain your credit card.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:16:10 PM

No I'm not a bear ..

how it is fud? we can only get better if they will accept it, otherwise will remain in the same situation as we are now

i don't see any fud here, anyway...

they are not doing it for now because the tx limit is ridiculous for their big business

so don't expect them to accept bitcoin before 2016 at the very least
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:19:07 PM

Bitcoin will be soon accepted by all big vendors, now we need to push it to the small guy too, othwrwise small businesses will fail at an even higher rate.

They suck at innovation and this is the perfect way to gain a little market share with a small business by accepting bitcoin.

Everyone should contact all their local small businesses to accept bitcoin payments ASAP!  Cool

bitcoirnplaza

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:23:04 PM

No I'm not a bear ..

how it is fud? we can only get better if they will accept it, otherwise will remain in the same situation as we are now

i don't see any fud here, anyway...

they are not doing it for now because the tx limit is ridiculous for their big business

so don't expect them to accept bitcoin before 2016 at the very least

OP telling us that amazon WILL add bitcoin.

(its not..)
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:55:25 PM

that's the hugest news of the week!
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:30:10 PM

meh, click bait Tongue
Kinda, but it shows they are receiving lots of suggestions and it looks pretty good. It's cool that they are sending it to the upper management personnel. So what we need to do is send the similar emails and create even more pressure. Imagine if here everyone did that.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:34:43 PM

Umm like when?

I dont think its anytime soon at all I can say that much, maybe like 2018? or leaving open ending questions usually means a nice way of saying no lol.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:43:09 PM

Contacted their customer support today with the following message:

Hi!

I can only pay with bitcoins but you don't accept that payment method. I also cannot
exchange the bitcoins for a gift card on a 3rd party web service because none of
them is currently online. Please integrate with bitpay or start accepting bitcoin
payments directly so that I can order from your site.

Got this answer:

Hello,

I'm sorry if we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, we don't process Bit
Coins. However, I sent your inquiry and suggestion to the higher managements since
this is not the first suggestion from a customer. We do hope that in the near
future, we may be able to provide payments in all kind of payment methods.

I think this is just a standard service response, It is good that they actually respond which means that these requests are in the system somewhere and not just written off as spam, maybe one day but who knows, I wouldn't read too much into this response though to be honest.
real789

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:48:29 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 02:33:55 AM by real789

Contacted their customer support today with the following message:

Hi!

I can only pay with bitcoins but you don't accept that payment method. I also cannot
exchange the bitcoins for a gift card on a 3rd party web service because none of
them is currently online. Please integrate with bitpay or start accepting bitcoin
payments directly so that I can order from your site.

Got this answer:

Hello,

I'm sorry if we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, we don't process Bit
Coins. However, I sent your inquiry and suggestion to the higher managements since
this is not the first suggestion from a customer. We do hope that in the near
future, we may be able to provide payments in all kind of payment methods.

if 10.000 person contact amazon i think he would be consider to accpet bitcoin near and soon Cheesy
the respond is good and i think that a standart procedur to customer service

i hope googleplay will be support bitcoin,  very hard to get positiv feedback about bitcoin in goolgeplay gift/payment metod

===Sempak===
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: