Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S5 Pools  (Read 856 times)
innerchaos (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:17:23 AM

can I add a list of pools to my S5 besides the Three that the Bitmain GUI allows me to add.

I know its possible I just don't know what files and where they are located.

I am looking at editing a single File and pushing it to all the miners using PUtty or if its possible have the S5 look for it on my PC/server and just grab it when it boots.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:37:38 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 01:59:46 AM by toptek

can I add a list of pools to my S5 besides the Three that the Bitmain GUI allows me to add.

I know its possible I just don't know what files and where they are located.

I am looking at editing a single File and pushing it to all the miners using PUtty or if its possible have the S5 look for it on my PC/server and just grab it when it boots.

you can do that with putty the file is called cgminer.sh under this path /etc/init.d line 69 if you useing a notepad with a line editor as i call it, and  using Wincp  might be easier then with putty . but the problem atm is after a S5 reboot it reset any of those setting you make back to defaults for that file etc. it's  meant to, I tested it about a week ago, i wanted to see if it still works and if it would hold after a reboot it still doesn't hold but still does work,but hopefully in a few mouths once BFG adds supports for S 5 they might fixed it so thing  hold thu reboots.

Back in the S1 days i actually found a nice walk thu that showed how to add more then three in the S1 by editing a xml file, back then i think that poster added up to ten in the UI and gave a nice walk thu but shortly after that the S3 came out, not much more was really said or done with it, it kind of faded away .

I Know longer have that link or i would post it, you could Polly use that to add more to the UI inside the S5, maybe. if you do find it, i would back up any of those files because once you reboot the S5 it will default back to  default settings, I don't mean restart CGminer but reboot the S5 . . by design it is meant to unless you add it in a custom firmware then update the firmware .

GUESS what i found that post you can try it with the S5 Smiley ..

http://bitcoinsinireland.com/antminer-s1-mining-more-than-3-pools/

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 02:36:01 AM

smit1237 has created a firmware for S5 with built-in "nano" *nix text editor for us to be able to edit the configuration files directly in S5 ssh session.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:07:57 PM

smit1237 has created a firmware for S5 with built-in "nano" *nix text editor for us to be able to edit the configuration files directly in S5 ssh session.

I must doing something wrong i use that firmware it still reset why i said i tested it . Smiley .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SEGMining

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 07:13:54 AM

Theoretically, you should be able to edit

/config/cgminer.conf

and add your pools

vi is preinstalled on the miner already

or you can edit it in your favorite text editor and simply scp that file to root@<your ip>:/config/

It's my expectation that this file should only be rewritten by the system if you explicitly tell it to save any info in that file.  So, that would not be ideal if you want to change your voltage, and then your pools are wiped.  But, that's how it goes when you're hacking things.

Always make backups

I say theoretically because I have never tried it and probably won't.  But it should work, however, I don't know if it will mess up any display information.

SEGMINING Miner Co-Location in Vancouver, WA
$75/KW/Month with VPN access to your hardware
http://segmining.com
innerchaos (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:02:01 AM

Access denied.

loaded putty . loaded ip to miner
checked SSH
named the session and saved it
opened it and attempted to use root
password is still root since I have never changed it and it works in the web gui

login as: root
root@192.168.31.41's password:
Access denied
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:24:12 AM

Access denied.

loaded putty . loaded ip to miner
checked SSH
named the session and saved it
opened it and attempted to use root
password is still root since I have never changed it and it works in the web gui

login as: root
Access denied

They changed the default root/root to root/admin with the s5 when SSH'ing in.  Try that.
innerchaos (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:40:15 AM

They changed the default root/root to root/admin with the s5 when SSH'ing in.  Try that.

That was it.. thanks:)

I edited the cgminer.conf using vi

I inserted 3 more pools

after saving it I typed reboot

the pools that I added stayed..

I then power cycled it and the pools are still there.

now they dont show up in the Miner Configuration tab however they do show up in the miner status tab.

and they are active.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: