Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT Freemarket is the BEST available option for a decentralized marketplace!  (Read 1565 times)
cloudboy (OP)

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:52:25 PM

Its dev team is incredibly active. It runs on the blockchain - completely decentralized and no need to keep your node running. It is adding awesome updates like escrow, USD integration, etc. It's ALREADY integrated shapeshift for quick payment in multiple popular currencies!

nxtfreemarket.com

Also, there is a passthru service at:

freemarketlite.cc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 02:01:20 PM

but nxt is deaded and a scam and hashes don't match and buy my shitcoin

/Taunsew
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:01:07 PM

what the story with Taunsew anyways? what coin is he trying to promote?
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:51:31 PM

what the story with Taunsew anyways? what coin is he trying to promote?

He's in NEM, but generally just hates on NXT.  I guess he missed the IPO, but hey so did I.  A winner is a winner though, you can't stop the signal.   Cool
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 05:44:06 PM

but nxt is deaded and a scam and hashes don't match and buy my shitcoin

/Taunsew

Oh yeah...he's so "persistent", I'm getting reduced to posting this meme:

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:35:29 PM

OP speaks the truth, title is spot on.

But does this mean 'people' are only interested in decentralized market places if drugs/guns/etc are for sale? What is stopping Freemarket taking off?

Answers on a postcard, seems a knotty problem.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 07:43:41 PM

But does this mean 'people' are only interested in decentralized market places if drugs/guns/etc are for sale? What is stopping Freemarket taking off?

From an incentive standpoint, those kinds of people are the ones who'd be most interested in a marketplace that can't be shut down. Lower fees aren't the killer feature that many hope for, as eBay's high fees go with its huge network effect plus "Trust and Safety." The sad fact is, a lot of eBay clones have been launched and virtually all of them have failed for the same reason: no buyers to speak of. Sad but true.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Iscamscammers

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:51:06 PM

nxt is premined, java shitcoin

http://www.csoonline.com/article/2875535/application-security/java-is-the-biggest-vulnerability-for-us-computers.html

https://i.imgur.com/NbAWYs1.png
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:14:33 PM

*derp*

You already got your shit pushed in with the responses below Taunsew I mean Iscamscammers.  Are you that dense?

I read it and I replied. Let me make it bigger for you...

Java ... LOL !!   I trust java for some things, but not for a main financial program.

Since your taking back to the oldschool again, here is a post from a year ago..

*snip*

This quote above shows a basic lack of understanding from someone who has never been a programmer. Java is a programming language. It's Oracle's applet (a web browser plugin) that  has security issues.  It's much easier to write secure software in Java than in C. There is also OPenJDK which is free and open source.  

Java remains the most popular programming language for server side. If you have ever used Amazon and Ebay, the server side was run by Java.  Almost all banks use Java on server side. So you already use Java as a client everyday.

NRS is a server application (it's not a web browser applet with security problems).  The client side can be written in any programming language.

You'll notice Oracle features heavily in your... research article..  *snigger* ...

Anything else?

Wow I didn't know they were all working on decentralized crypto currencies

Peter378 asked about "some examples of how Java is used in the business industry". Business != crypto currencies.

We're talking about financial systems. So far I'm not seeing any particularly persuasive arguments over why C++ 11 is any better than Java, other than the OP being a holder of EXO.

Indeed Java is better for financial apps as it's easier to write safer code. No pointers to arbitrarily access memory, no buffer overruns, bound checking, etc.  C++  is is better choice for apps that require faster start up and native integration.  

Faster start up is totaly irrelevant for server apps that start once and run for weeks/months without shutting down. Native integration is not needed either. Funny to watch Exo having difficulty releasing linux version. Had he used Java instead, it would have been platform independent. There is absolutely no reason to write crypto (server side)   in C++. It's a bad choice for the job.  

It's fine to write crypto clients in C++, and indeed anyone can write Nxt client in C++ for Windows. The client interacts with server (written i Java) . On the client side faster start up and native integration with GUI would be more desirable.

3> Java

Probably the worst.
Java is considered bad by many developers. Java is trying to install a shitty toolbar every time you install it or update and it is so insecure.
No open source programmer would ever use it.
Many people don't like Java and they will never add it (I believe it's why mcxnow never added it because it's JAVA client).
C/C++ are languages of choice of the industry. A C++ client should be developped to become something “professional and credible”.

This quote above shows a basic lack of understanding from someone who has never been a programmer. Java is a programming language. It's Oracle's applet (a web browser plugin) that  has security issues.  It's much easier to write secure software in Java than in C. There is also OPenJDK which is free and open source.  

Java remains the most popular programming language for server side. If you have ever used Amazon and Ebay, the server side was run by Java.  Almost all banks use Java on server side. So you already use Java as a client everyday.

NRS is a server application (it's not a web browser applet with security problems).  The client side can be written in any programming language.

Iscamscammers

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:19:36 PM

Still java,  still premined,  still shitcoin.

Angry
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:23:21 PM

forgot one

Java is the defacto standard for large corporations and has been for many years. It's the most widely used programming language in the world currently: http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

Java and C switch places sometimes, but they are both quite far ahead of any other language.

There's nothing inherently wrong with using Java, especially for large projects that need to be run on many different types of machines.

So they used the best tool for the job (and secure despite your ignorance), and you protest.

lol
Iscamscammers

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:33:12 PM

I get infected when I have java installed.

All java fault!

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 08:46:49 PM

I get infected when I have java installed.

All java fault!

So that's what your bugaboo is! How'd it happen?

Daedelus

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:09:24 PM

Before Nxt's oldest troll interrupted, we almost had a conversation going on the above.

Any thoughts?
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 12:41:49 PM

Before Nxt's oldest troll interrupted, we almost had a conversation going on the above.

Any thoughts?

Yes drugs&guns are the main drive for decentralized markets, at least in the beginning. In order to attract a larger userbase you need to make it very very simple to use, with slick UI and all the features in place.

Freemarket is the most advanced decentralized market at this time but why are people surprised of the low volume? I would be very surprised if it were already a success! It still lacks both the features that draw in blackmarkets (mainly privacy, coinshuffling for Nxt is still in the works) and those that draw in everyday users (prices pegged to USD/EUR, escrow, arbitration and reputation). Beside that you still need to download Nxt and its blockchain, then run Freemarket in another window. The UI is functional but lame. At this time it's too much hassle for too little reward!

Also the marketing has been virtually non-existant, expecially in comparison with the exposure that OpenBazaar seems to receive for free. I suppose this has been deliberate and the devs will ramp it up once all the remaining features are in place. I believe that once that is done Freemarket will be a success, I hodl a good number of FM assets because the price is still a bargain.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
Daedelus

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:52:42 PM

Interesting about Openbazaar, they seem to believe that it will demolish Ebay on account of it being decentralized and cheaper...

The first nail in eBay's coffin.. AWESOME!!!
Can't wait for the day eBay shuts its offices and fires their incompetent employees. I will put extreme efforts into this project to make it a success.

I second that! I despise EBay .. good riddance to them. I open OpenBazaar puts them out of business

the thing is openbazar will strike ebay it will be a long time but every day a new person joins bitcoin world.....soo ebay will start to loose one by one after this goes lives ebay is the king but ,facebook is the king now it werent before.... bitcoin is the new facebook huge potencial and a lot support on it already

etc..

It seems for ordinary items people prefer centralized, safe places for now and are willing to pay for it.

Fair point about the user friendliness, I guess the devs are aware? Blackyblack1 is usually switched on.

blackyblack

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:59:02 PM

Interesting about Openbazaar, they seem to believe that it will demolish Ebay on account of it being decentralized and cheaper...
I can only wish them good luck. Smiley

Fair point about the user friendliness, I guess the devs are aware? Blackyblack1 is usually switched on.
User friendliness is the top priority for sure.

Privacy features are postponed intentionally. We want FreeMarket to be strong enough when it faces legal and trafficking issues.
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 01:10:50 PM

The only way that OpenBazaar (or any other decentralized market) can dream to put a dent into Ebay is by making it as easy to use as using eMule or Bittorrent  Cheesy  those should be the reference point

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:51:18 PM

I think the answer is obvious.

nxt shopping network (think qvc)
nxt overstock
nxt woot

We need webpages, youtube, hulu, etc, that detail honest listings. Use the freemarket as the back-end and create a much dumbed down user interface

We need spokespersons like Billy.  Billy!!! Where you at? There's products that need to be sold...

Contests for the best salesperson, maybe they get a small %

How can we expect the masses to buy when we haven't told them what they CAN buy.

marketing marketing marketing....woot woot woot

The first nail in eBay's coffin.. AWESOME!!!
Can't wait for the day eBay shuts its offices and fires their incompetent employees. I will put extreme efforts into this project to make it a success.

I second that! I despise EBay .. good riddance to them. I open OpenBazaar puts them out of business

the thing is openbazar will strike ebay it will be a long time but every day a new person joins bitcoin world.....soo ebay will start to loose one by one after this goes lives ebay is the king but ,facebook is the king now it werent before.... bitcoin is the new facebook huge potencial and a lot support on it already

etc..

It seems for ordinary items people prefer centralized, safe places for now and are willing to pay for it.

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:21:08 PM

Other opportunities. 

Maybe backpage could use freemarket place?

Maybe there could be a backpage style wrapper that uses nxt and freemarketplace

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: