Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:23:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EU Banks Forced to Report Bitcoin-Linked Accounts Transacting Over €1,000  (Read 1599 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:52:56 AM

it is because of money laundering that they are doing this, nothing else, and as long as you are recieving funds in your bank account, you can be tracked back easily, they don't trakck you only if your amount is so small that they will not bother with it

i think the time is near to start to use bitcoin directly and get rid of this problem altogether

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:05:29 AM

As long as you also have outgoing transactions (is buying bitcoin), you should be fine I guess.. If you start receiving yins of fiat out of the blue, ofcourse you are flagged..
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 01:05:50 PM

The news report is true. If the news itself is true or not, I don't know... meanwhile I've found the post where the news originated from. As you can see it's marked as speculation. so let's just take it with a grain of salt.
I've read that after you've posted it. That doesn't tell us anything, however there is no harm done if we consider this to be true. We should always be extra careful when it comes to Bitcoin anyways.

Well, i think every big transaction is being flagged in every countries. So, no surprise bitcoin-linked accounts is being flagged to, maybe transaction lower than €1,000 is being flagged too if it's bitcoin-linked account.

We better buy/sell bitcoin between few person, so we don't need third party & less information traced by government.
Maybe you better mix your bitcoin from exchange if you're scared Roll Eyes
Transactions lower than 1k are being flagged? That wouldn't even make sense, else everything related to Bitcoin would be flagged. They don't have the resources to investigate so many people, probably not even close.
I don't think that you've understood this properly. Mixing Bitcoin isn't going to help you as they are going to be closely watching your account on the exchange itself.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:16:01 PM

The news report is true. If the news itself is true or not, I don't know... meanwhile I've found the post where the news originated from. As you can see it's marked as speculation. so let's just take it with a grain of salt.
I've read that after you've posted it. That doesn't tell us anything, however there is no harm done if we consider this to be true. We should always be extra careful when it comes to Bitcoin anyways.

Well, i think every big transaction is being flagged in every countries. So, no surprise bitcoin-linked accounts is being flagged to, maybe transaction lower than €1,000 is being flagged too if it's bitcoin-linked account.

We better buy/sell bitcoin between few person, so we don't need third party & less information traced by government.
Transactions lower than 1k are being flagged? That wouldn't even make sense, else everything related to Bitcoin would be flagged. They don't have the resources to investigate so many people, probably not even close.
I don't think that you've understood this properly. Mixing Bitcoin isn't going to help you as they are going to be closely watching your account on the exchange itself.

Even lower transactions are being flagged. The sender and/or receiver is also monitored. Of course they look at the amount but they also look at who/what you are sending receiving money to/from.

Banks nowadays have a pattern recognition fraud protection system: if they find something new/strange/misterious they'll call you.

It happened to me with my uk bank.

Better watch out
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:19:55 PM

Even lower transactions are being flagged. The sender and/or receiver is also monitored. Of course they look at the amount but they also look at who/what you are sending receiving money to/from.

Banks nowadays have a pattern recognition fraud protection system: if they find something new/strange/misterious they'll call you.

Better watch out

wow this is going to crazy, hopefully they dont turn having 1,000 euro in your bank account illegal if you sold your bitcoins, is this the type of behavior from banks and governments that will destroy trust with the population.

does anyone know what are the steps after your transaction is flag in order to get your money back ? paper work?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 01:25:01 PM

Better watch out
I had a huge deposit after I sold 2 years ago, to a newly created bank account. Nothing happened.
I guess this just depends on where you are from. However, something is definitely up when you start receiving thousands and thousands of euros from Unicredit banka Slovenija d.d.. (or other, depending on exchange) Cheesy

wow this is going to crazy, hopefully they dont turn having 1,000 euro in your bank account illegal if you sold your bitcoins, is this the type of behavior from banks and governments that will destroy trust with the population.

does anyone know what are the steps after your transaction is flag in order to get your money back ? paper work?
I don't think that a normal flag would block your funds. However, if their fraud protection system picks you up then you might have to do some explaining.
I wouldn't know the exact procedure, as it is probably different in each country.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:23:17 PM

Better watch out

I had to go in branch to solve the issue. But I never used the word bitcoin...
Ayle56

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:38:05 PM

Better watch out
I had a huge deposit after I sold 2 years ago, to a newly created bank account. Nothing happened.
I guess this just depends on where you are from. However, something is definitely up when you start receiving thousands and thousands of euros from Unicredit banka Slovenija d.d.. (or other, depending on exchange) Cheesy

I don't think that a normal flag would block your funds. However, if their fraud protection system picks you up then you might have to do some explaining.
I wouldn't know the exact procedure, as it is probably different in each country.

I think they a system that adds up all the deposits you get each month, and if their combined total is over 1000 Euros, then your account is flagged. It's to stop people avoiding the 1000 Euro limit by trying to trick the system with numerous small deposits.
Bad Uncle

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:41:31 PM

To be honest this is nothing out of the ordinary for financial institutions. Paypal does something similar. I got a letter recently stating because I'd withdrawn over 1k euroes over x amount of months I had to send them ID or some other bullshit.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:53:16 PM

so most likely they would flag you using their normal standard based on their protection systems, i thought some of this banks had a direct method now to flag bitcoin users, at lease is not a direct ruling against bitcoin users but those who are openly doing big bitcoin moves, which still fucked up.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: