Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Write my resume for me (10-20BTC)  (Read 2276 times)
Jere.Jones (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 03:38:28 AM

I have never had to write a real resume.  I joined the Navy young and left the Navy for a programming job that was created for me because the CTO was happy with some contract work I did.  Every job I've ever had was due to filling out an application (McDonald's when I was young) or due to personal connections.

Now that the company has been bought, sold, and merged a couple times the new owners have decided to lay off all the US based developers (including me).  That puts me in job search mode.

However everyone wants to see a resume and I understand why but I'd prefer to write code than a resume.  If you're good at writing resumes, maybe we can help each other out.

I envision that you and I would have one or more phone calls where we discuss what I've done, what I'm good at, etc and you write my resume.  I will pay you in BTC (or PayPal).  We both win. Smiley

With 1 BTC at about $8 - $9 right now, I'm offering 10-20 BTC depending on how overwhelmed I am with your product.

Jere

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Koolio

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 05:07:13 PM

Hi,

First of all let me explain that I have written professionally for over 8 years, as a technology journalist for a large paper, a tech new site and also as an aide to a legal firm. Ive written in my time probably around 10 CV's, most if not all have helped gain my clients and friends the relevant jobs they were aiming at. I also know the power of bending words, so no lies, but bending things to make them sound more appealing to your future employer. If you are interested then please email me at mike.kular (at) gmail.com. I would be glad to help and I'll ensure that turnaround is quick so as to get you hunting for jobs quicker.

Many thanks,

Michael

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
LFTR

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 10:04:37 PM

I am also interested in the job.

Send me a PM or an email at bitcoin.tutor@gmail.com and we can work out details via Skype.
wangxinxi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 01:08:33 AM

I have never had to write a real resume.  I joined the Navy young and left the Navy for a programming job that was created for me because the CTO was happy with some contract work I did.  Every job I've ever had was due to filling out an application (McDonald's when I was young) or due to personal connections.

Now that the company has been bought, sold, and merged a couple times the new owners have decided to lay off all the US based developers (including me).  That puts me in job search mode.

However everyone wants to see a resume and I understand why but I'd prefer to write code than a resume.  If you're good at writing resumes, maybe we can help each other out.

I envision that you and I would have one or more phone calls where we discuss what I've done, what I'm good at, etc and you write my resume.  I will pay you in BTC (or PayPal).  We both win. Smiley

With 1 BTC at about $8 - $9 right now, I'm offering 10-20 BTC depending on how overwhelmed I am with your product.

Jere

Jere, maybe you can post your job on this website: https://workforbitcoin.com. It's convenient to manage your job and since it has integrated escrow service, it makes your payment safer.
NerdsRUS

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 08:27:46 PM

I'm a mathematician, currently at one of the major global research universities, an editor and a translator in the academic and interdisciplinary communities.  Many of my students were in the military before attending my university.  I also work as a consultant.  My consulting business partner is a military and financial historian with significant international archival experience also from a major global research university.  I believe that as a team, we would be able to draw out aspects of your experience that would attract people from entrepreneurial as well as corporate backgrounds.    We would both love to interview you, to learn about your unique skill sets and strengths, and figure out how best to present them to your target audience.  Let me know when you would like to arrange a phone call. Cool

Please contact us at: NerdsRUS3159 [at] gmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: