Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][COVEN]|33k.7 Supply|HexNode|StealthMsging|Multisig|SmartX|IoT|I2P|TOR|COV2  (Read 7263 times)
ramtony

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:40:58 AM

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:26:10 PM

A manual swap will require some work, but then again, so does 1.5 BTC.
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:57:10 PM

If you think I'm being out of line, the solution to this with the assistance of Bittrex would be like so.

1)Hey Bittrex; how many coins do you guys hold?
Bittrex XX,XXX
Okay, please update new codebase/wallet/provide new wallet address
Bittrex: Updated, heres addresss
Great, here are the new coins

Sorry, you are out of line because no one has any insight to how our systems work and I can guarantee you it is not that simple.  It is 3-4 hours worth to make sure everything in the system stays intact and passes an audit.  As for a manual swap, many have completed it in a much easier fashion.  Just take a snapshot at a given blockheight, and premine the new coins to the addresses that have funds.  It takes no manual work at all on either your part or the coin holders.  This is a solved problem with multiple solutions;  check out what other coins have done for swaps and follow their model.

thanks,
richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:07:26 PM

If you think I'm being out of line, the solution to this with the assistance of Bittrex would be like so.

Bittrex XX,XXX

Just take a snapshot at a given blockheight, and premine the new coins to the addresses that have funds.  It takes no manual work at all on either your part or the coin holders. 

And that is how it's done, dev - simple and clean. No need for sending wallet.dat files anywhere.

PS: Ensure that the current COV1 public/private key combos are still valid for COV2 when doing that. Also take care of trading to be halted on exchanges prior to taking the snapshot for the premine of COV2 (for obvious reasons).

@ bittrex/riechiela: As for the coins still deposited @ bittrex: So the COV addresses currently associated to bittrex accounts will also be associated for COV2 when taking this approach, right?

richiela

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:31:54 PM

Bittrex XX,XXX

Just take a snapshot at a given blockheight, and premine the new coins to the addresses that have funds.  It takes no manual work at all on either your part or the coin holders. 

And that is how it's done, dev - simple and clean. No need for sending wallet.dat files anywhere.

PS: Ensure that the current COV1 public/private key combos are still valid for COV2 when doing that. Also take care of trading to be halted on exchanges prior to taking the snapshot for the premine of COV2 (for obvious reasons).

@ bittrex/riechiela: As for the coins still deposited @ bittrex: So the COV addresses currently associated to bittrex accounts will also be associated for COV2 when taking this approach, right?

Unfortunately not, which is why I requested he turn it PoW so people can move coins out... Addresses are not associated with users. 

To explain why it is so difficult, imagine that we have to keep track of all deposits/withdrawals, all addresses/privkeys, all associations between the current wallet and the trades that occur.  New wallets mean new addresses with the same symbols.  Its an extremely complicated task to back everything up and keep the same symbol so it jives with new and old addresses.  That said, if you created a new wallet that was completely backwards compatible (ie with the wallet.dat file without needing me to import privkeys), it would be a trivial step to just upgrade the wallet.

I've tried to provide as much help and as many options as I can to help with this swap.  I'm not a fan of taking a fee to perform swaps, but you have to understand that it is a time consuming and error prone process.

Thanks,
Richie

wurstgelee

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:22:33 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 11:05:11 PM by wurstgelee

Bittrex XX,XXX

Just take a snapshot at a given blockheight, and premine the new coins to the addresses that have funds.  It takes no manual work at all on either your part or the coin holders.  

Unfortunately not, which is why I requested he turn it PoW so people can move coins out... Addresses are not associated with users.  

To explain why it is so difficult, imagine that we have to keep track of all deposits/withdrawals, all addresses/privkeys, all associations between the current wallet and the trades that occur.  New wallets mean new addresses with the same symbols.  Its an extremely complicated task to back everything up and keep the same symbol so it jives with new and old addresses.  That said, if you created a new wallet that was completely backwards compatible (ie with the wallet.dat file without needing me to import privkeys), it would be a trivial step to just upgrade the wallet.

I've tried to provide as much help and as many options as I can to help with this swap.  I'm not a fan of taking a fee to perform swaps, but you have to understand that it is a time consuming and error prone process.

Thanks,
Richie

Oh right, I missed the part where you mentioned the need to move out coins.

I imagined you would probably simply dump all privkeys of the current wallet and batch import them into the new COV2 wallet if the keypairs were still valid. Plus some dirty SQL inserts and update statements. I  haven't really thought this through, especially considering I only can imagine how your database model might look like. And my imagination is probably far off. Wink

Afaik the chain was working fine with PoS prior to the wallet lock @ bittrex (or still is I assume), if I am not mistaken? If so reenabling PoW wouldn't even be neccessary.  

Updating the sources to a new codebase with a hard fork (and not with a coins swap to a new chain) would have been my choice in the first place as I wrote earlier in this thread - but I am not the dev here. Smiley

richiela

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:01:43 AM

Bittrex XX,XXX

Just take a snapshot at a given blockheight, and premine the new coins to the addresses that have funds.  It takes no manual work at all on either your part or the coin holders.  

To explain why it is so difficult, imagine that we have to keep track of all deposits/withdrawals, all addresses/privkeys, all associations between the current wallet and the trades that occur.  New wallets mean new addresses with the same symbols.  Its an extremely complicated task to back everything up and keep the same symbol so it jives with new and old addresses.  That said, if you created a new wallet that was completely backwards compatible (ie with the wallet.dat file without needing me to import privkeys), it would be a trivial step to just upgrade the wallet.

I've tried to provide as much help and as many options as I can to help with this swap.  I'm not a fan of taking a fee to perform swaps, but you have to understand that it is a time consuming and error prone process.

Thanks,
Richie

I imagined you would probably simply dump all privkeys of the current wallet and batch import them into the new COV2 wallet if the keypairs were still valid. Plus some dirty SQL inserts and update statements. I  haven't really thought this through, especially considering I only can imagine how your database model might look like. And my imagination is probably far off. Wink

Afaik the chain was working fine with PoS prior to the wallet lock @ bittrex (or still is I assume), if I am not mistaken? If so reenabling PoW wouldn't even be neccessary.  

Updating the sources to a new codebase with a hard fork (and not with a coins swap to a new chain) would have been my choice in the first place as I wrote earlier in this thread - but I am not the dev here. Smiley

we were asked to turn on staking to get the coins moving again... honestly i'm not sure the state of the blockchain right now ;(

wurstgelee

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:27:05 AM

Sooo...dev? What's happening next? Smiley

CovenDev (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:22:27 AM

Bittrex XX,XXX

Thanks,
Richie

we were asked to turn on staking to get the coins moving again... honestly i'm not sure the state of the blockchain right now ;(

Richie, I really, really respect you and Bittrex even though I may be out of line sometimes but that wasn't the case. I asked you to disable the market so we could do a swap for a better codebase/wallet and to simply swap; and you made it clear it wasn't feasible without paying Bittrex's Swap fee; then asked I do it manually. Had we done  the swap; there would of been NO issues with the blockchain, you wouldn't of needed to be forced to turn on POS and be in this situation.

what happens now since im assuming the no swap without paying the fee is intact is we do a manual swap (many of you suggested better ideas that may of not needed this , but in order to implement the features on that roadmap many new versions of wallets will be released and this means having a fresh codebase foundation.

continuing, a forced swap = everyone would move their coins from trex to their local wallet; an one by one you'd send me your .dat file and download the new wallet and send me your address then i send you the coins you had (from COV) in COV2. I do this with everyone who holds a COV coin. It's going to be a time consuming process. I'm also curious if Bittrex, once we swap to COV2 will still continue to have us  listed as a coin still, given the last confrontation we had when i requested the swap (im sorry and apologize)

Richie, if thats the case, and I can understand for the asshole things I said; very well. But if you want me to manually swap; and your delisting COV and not relisting COV2 ; please at the very least let me know now so I can find the next "best" suitable exchange; like polo or c-cex i guess.

OR if you changed your mind, and want to do the swap via your exchange, I'll send Bittrex 0.25 BTC. its 1.25 BTC less than you requested; so if the community members want to contribute please speak up.

If the above is not true ; I will carry out the manual swap. I will wait for Bittrex and Richies response.

I ask you to keep your coins on there for time being as well.
CovenDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:29:54 AM

Bittrex XX,XXX

Thanks,
Richie

I just read this part after responding to the 2nd heh oops. As I said before reading it , if its that troublesome, I have .25 towards your requested 1.5 and if the community wants to chips in. But what do you mean "turn on POW".. Proof of Work ended with mining , bit confused here.
wurstgelee

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:33:28 PM

But what do you mean "turn on POW".. Proof of Work ended with mining , bit confused here.

That means: Fork the current codebase to reenable PoW (probably with a low reward to not unneccessarily bloat coin supply) at current chain height to get it moving again.

Once again:

There is no need for manually sending wallet.dat files to you and no need for you manually transferring coins as well. Take a snapshot at a certain height of the COV1 chain and simply premine the amount each address holds to the same addresses in the new COV2 chain.

- Ensure that the current priv/public keypairs are still valid in the new COV2 chain when taking that approach.
- Ensure  that all COV markets on exchanges are halted (disabling wallets is not sufficient for obvious reasons) prior to taking that snapshot.
- Check with the exchanges if they would follow that approach - if not give people enough time  - with a moving COV1 chain - to transfer their COV1 coins to local wallets prior to taking the snapshot.

CovenDev (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:03:54 PM

But what do you mean "turn on POW".. Proof of Work ended with mining , bit confused here.

That means: Fork the current codebase to reenable PoW (probably with a low reward to not unneccessarily bloat coin supply) at current chain height to get it moving again.

Once again:

There is no need for manually sending wallet.dat files to you and no need for you manually transferring coins as well. Take a snapshot at a certain height of the COV1 chain and simply premine the amount each address holds to the same addresses in the new COV2 chain.

- Ensure that the current priv/public keypairs are still valid in the new COV2 chain when taking that approach.
- Ensure  that all COV markets on exchanges are halted (disabling wallets is not sufficient for obvious reasons) prior to taking that snapshot.
- Check with the exchanges if they would follow that approach - if not give people enough time  - with a moving COV1 chain - to transfer their COV1 coins to local wallets prior to taking the snapshot.

Very well; if this is what you guys want, I'll do so.
wurstgelee

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:19:02 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 03:33:20 PM by wurstgelee

Once again:

- Ensure  that all COV markets on exchanges are halted (disabling wallets is not sufficient for obvious reasons) prior to taking that snapshot.
- Check with the exchanges if they would follow that approach - if not give people enough time  - with a moving COV1 chain - to transfer their COV1 coins to local wallets prior to taking the snapshot.

Very well; if this is what you guys want, I'll do so.

It's one approach.

Or update the codebase with a hard fork while keeping the current chain. That would be even better and comes with a lot less administrative overhead. As richie said wrote earlier, bittrex could simply update the bittrex wallet then. Smiley

schernikau

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:52:52 PM

Can't sync the new wallet.
Any nodes?
What is the port? 17814?
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:20:36 AM

"addr" : "101.165.90.37:22454",
        "addr" : "37.228.234.104:6835",
        "addr" : "137.135.57.119:2544",
        "addr" : "188.226.155.38:22454",
        "addr" : "104.131.10.94:22454",
        "addr" : "107.170.49.98:22454",
        "addr" : "192.95.29.153:56486",

drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:26:14 PM

Code:
makefile.unix:211: recipe for target 'obj/key.o' failed
make: *** [obj/key.o] Error 1

any hints?

thx

no sign of a signature
drakoin

see my profile

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 07:48:22 PM

Code:
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_SECP256K1 -I/root/coven2/src -I/root/coven2/src/obj -DENABLE_WALLET -I/root/coven2/src/leveldb/include -I/root/coven2/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/key.d -o obj/key.o key.cpp
key.cpp: In member function 'bool CKey::SignCompact(const uint256&, std::vector<unsigned char>&) const':
key.cpp:552:17: warning: unused variable 'ret' [-Wunused-variable]
         if (int ret = secp256k1_ecdsa_sign_compact(instance_of_csecp256k1.ctx, hash.begin(), &vchSig[1], begin(), secp256k1_nonce_function_rfc6979, NULL, &rec))
                 ^
key.cpp: In member function 'bool CPubKey::VerifyCompact(const uint256&, const std::vector<unsigned char>&) const':
key.cpp:632:10: warning: unused variable 'fComp' [-Wunused-variable]
     bool fComp = IsCompressed();
          ^
key.cpp: In member function 'bool CPubKey::Decompress()':
key.cpp:669:104: error: cannot convert 'int*' to 'unsigned char*' for argument '3' to 'int secp256k1_ec_pubkey_decompress(const secp256k1_context_t*, const unsigned char*, unsigned char*, int*)'
     int ret = secp256k1_ec_pubkey_decompress(instance_of_csecp256k1.ctx, (unsigned char*)begin(), &clen);
                                                                                                        ^

no sign of a signature
drakoin

see my profile

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:18:36 PM

It looks similiar to this problem here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1090069.40
(in that coin, dev ran away, allegedly)

.. but I don't get it, what exactly to do now.

Use an older version of secp256k1 ?

Which one? How?

no sign of a signature
schernikau

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:45:57 PM

Code:
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_SECP256K1 -I/root/coven2/src -I/root/coven2/src/obj -DENABLE_WALLET -I/root/coven2/src/leveldb/include -I/root/coven2/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/key.d -o obj/key.o key.cpp
key.cpp: In member function 'bool CKey::SignCompact(const uint256&, std::vector<unsigned char>&) const':
key.cpp:552:17: warning: unused variable 'ret' [-Wunused-variable]
         if (int ret = secp256k1_ecdsa_sign_compact(instance_of_csecp256k1.ctx, hash.begin(), &vchSig[1], begin(), secp256k1_nonce_function_rfc6979, NULL, &rec))
                 ^
key.cpp: In member function 'bool CPubKey::VerifyCompact(const uint256&, const std::vector<unsigned char>&) const':
key.cpp:632:10: warning: unused variable 'fComp' [-Wunused-variable]
     bool fComp = IsCompressed();
          ^
key.cpp: In member function 'bool CPubKey::Decompress()':
key.cpp:669:104: error: cannot convert 'int*' to 'unsigned char*' for argument '3' to 'int secp256k1_ec_pubkey_decompress(const secp256k1_context_t*, const unsigned char*, unsigned char*, int*)'
     int ret = secp256k1_ec_pubkey_decompress(instance_of_csecp256k1.ctx, (unsigned char*)begin(), &clen);
                                                                                                        ^

git clone http://www.github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1
cd secp256k1
git checkout a1d5ae1
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568