Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [V] Version [V] | 60% PoS | v4.1 Dec 2023 Mandatory Update!  (Read 46072 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:44:03 PM

And I'm not American too but I have a lot of Russian friends and know personally someone who used to work for Kaspersky Grin
It's a well known thing in Russia who Kaspersky lab and personally Eugeny work for (i used to live in Russia for some years) Smiley

Sorry - bad guess on my part. I've read that all the AV programs may (may not) be compromised by one or another of the acronym agencies in one country or another so the precautionary principle suggests not trusting any of them. On the other hand... viruses etc. Messy business.
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:07:34 PM

Is it safe to stake our coins in the current wallet?
Of course it's safe, there is nothing wrong with current wallet.

Everything is working fine. It's been a few days still waiting for the coins to mature, so the staking can begin.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 10:11:01 PM

Any idea on what the transition phase will be between the two wallets?  One coin I am with had a bad transition.  It involved more of a fork of the coin with a different staking rate going down to a lower one.   

noise23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:42:37 PM

Any idea on what the transition phase will be between the two wallets?  One coin I am with had a bad transition.  It involved more of a fork of the coin with a different staking rate going down to a lower one.   
There will be no transition between the two wallets, old wallet will work fine too. It's not a hardfork, just new improved wallet version release.
crypt0kid

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:30:59 PM

There will be no transition between the two wallets, old wallet will work fine too. It's not a hardfork, just new improved wallet version release.
How many coins do we need to hold in order to stake daily? It took 7 days to receive my first stake reward, which was really low considering that I have 1 million coins in the wallet, and it looks like it might take another 5 days before my second reward. In addition, current wallet is really really really slow to load.

crypt0kid

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:23:24 PM

noise23,
It appears that the max stake reward for this coin is 200. If I own 1 million coins and I want to stake more regularly, will it be possible to split up the coins in the same wallet in order to stake more? I don't want to have to use multiple wallets.

migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:33:59 PM

noise23,
It appears that the max stake reward for this coin is 200. If I own 1 million coins and I want to stake more regularly, will it be possible to split up the coins in the same wallet in order to stake more? I don't want to have to use multiple wallets.

go to "transfer bank notes" check "splitblock" and fill in how many blocks you want your V total be divided (eg.:  you have 1.000.000 V and want to make 1000 blocks with 1000 V each you insert "1000"; if you want 100 blocks with 10.000 v each you set "100")

every block will stake like you have multiple wallets.

be aware that multiple change addresses will be created so the coins wil be stored in several different addresses. (so do not delete the wallet.dat if you have exported the private key of that single address)

If you check "custom change address" and insert your actual address all blocks will be of the same address.
crypt0kid

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:35:12 AM

noise23,

go to "transfer bank notes" check "splitblock" and fill in how many blocks you want your V total be divided (eg.:  you have 1.000.000 V and want to make 1000 blocks with 1000 V each you insert "1000"; if you want 100 blocks with 10.000 v each you set "100")

every block will stake like you have multiple wallets.

be aware that multiple change addresses will be created so the coins wil be stored in several different addresses. (so do not delete the wallet.dat if you have exported the private key of that single address)

If you check "custom change address" and insert your actual address all blocks will be of the same address.

When I go to "transfer bank notes", "splitblock" is not an option. My only options are "Pay to", "Label" and "Amount". On the bottom I also have "add recipient" and "clear all". Next to "Pay to", I also have "choose address from address book", "Paste address from clipboard" and "Remove this recipient". Is "splitblock" hidden under something else?

migello

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:12:32 AM

When I go to "transfer bank notes", "splitblock" is not an option. My only options are "Pay to", "Label" and "Amount". On the bottom I also have "add recipient" and "clear all". Next to "Pay to", I also have "choose address from address book", "Paste address from clipboard" and "Remove this recipient". Is "splitblock" hidden under something else?

"controls" ---) "options" ----) "display" ----) check "display coin control features" to see splitblock
crypt0kid

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:40:44 PM

"controls" ---) "options" ----) "display" ----) check "display coin control features" to see splitblock

Thanks! I now see the "Splitblock" option. I've checked the box and have input 1001 for "# of blocks to make". Block Size is 0 and the field can't be altered. Under that I have "Pay to", "Label" and "Amount". In "Amount" I changed it to 1000.

I'm I supposed to input my own address in the "Pay to" box? and then press "Send"?

migello

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:06:39 AM

Thanks! I now see the "Splitblock" option. I've checked the box and have input 1001 for "# of blocks to make". Block Size is 0 and the field can't be altered. Under that I have "Pay to", "Label" and "Amount". In "Amount" I changed it to 1000.

I'm I supposed to input my own address in the "Pay to" box? and then press "Send"?

yes send it to your own address, try with 1000v if you want, will be splitted in 1000 blocks of 1V each,

if you send 1.000.000V you'll split in 1000 blocks with 1000V each.

after that you can see the blocks  in several change addresses that you own clicking on "coin control" under "coin control features".

if you want the blocks on only 1 address just fill "custom change address" with your own
crypt0kid

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:36:07 AM

yes send it to your own address, try with 1000v if you want, will be splitted in 1000 blocks of 1V each,

if you send 1.000.000V you'll split in 1000 blocks with 1000V each.

after that you can see the blocks  in several change addresses that you own clicking on "coin control" under "coin control features".

if you want the blocks on only 1 address just fill "custom change address" with your own

I tried creating 1000 blocks  and under amount, I submitted 1 V. I also tried again by creating 10 blocks and under amount, I submitted 10 V. Both times I got a message that said, "This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.10 V, which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network. Do you want to pay the fee?" I clicked yes and the fee was deducted from my account. However, I don't notice any changes to my account, other than the 0.10 that was deducted both times. How will I know if the blocks were created?

Once I can confirm that it worked, I will undo my previous actions and create 1001 blocks, since I actually have a bit over 1,010,000 V coins.

kps71986

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:37:58 PM

this coin i cant find in yobit  which one in symbol  in yobit
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:35:54 PM

this coin i cant find in yobit  which one in symbol  in yobit

https://yobit.net/en/trade/VERS/BTC

a steal right now.
migello

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:27:25 PM

How will I know if the blocks were created?

you can see the blocks  clicking on "coin control" under "coin control features" in "transfer bank notes" page
crypt0kid

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:22:55 PM

you can see the blocks  clicking on "coin control" under "coin control features" in "transfer bank notes" page

How can I undo the splitblock? I have multiple blocks with less .001 V. I'd like to undo the splitblock feature and then start over from scratch.

crypt0kid

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:22:25 PM

How can I undo the splitblock? I have multiple blocks with less .001 V. I'd like to undo the splitblock feature and then start over from scratch.

Sorry for the repetitive questions, but I have 6 thousand blocks with less than 1 V. The mistake that I was making is that the amount that I was putting in was the amount of coins per wallet, not the total amount of coins split between the wallets. For instance I would do 1000 blocks and the amount was 1000 V, meaning that I wanted to put 1000 V per block. It took me several tries before I realized that I was supposed to put 1000 blocks and the amount should have been 1,000,000 V and the wallet would automatically divide the appropriate number of coins between the chosen number of blocks.

Now I would like to reverse the action. For example, I went into Coin Control and selected all of the blocks with less than 2 V and then I exited the Coin Control section. The result was a total of 6000 blocks and those blocks have a total of 4082 V. I input my standard address into the Custom Address bar and I typed in 4082 V to be placed in that block. The wallet then requested that I fill in the "Pay to" address, so I also used my same address. I've tried it 4 times and the message is that the transaction failed. Next to the "Pay to" it used to allow me to click on the "Address Book", but now when I do, then "Address Book" is empty.

I went to the "Receive" bar and I created a new address. Am I supposed to use a totally new address in the "Pay to" for this to work? At this time, the wallet is bloated. It keeps freezing up for a few seconds every time I try to do anything. I think that the sheer number of blocks in the wallet is an issue and it can't handle it. That is why I would like to reverse some of the wallets that I created in order to decrease the load.

crypt0kid

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:19:55 AM

I'm still having issues with the wallet. It seems that I created too many blocks and every time I try to stake my coins, the wallet freezes up and stops working. Should I try to split the block into multiple addresses or will the same problem occur? Should the "Splitblock" be spread out over multiple addresses? Will that make any difference or do I need to have multiple wallets on my computer and then split the coins in those wallets before splitting the blocks?

Thanks in Advance!!!

migello

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:34:56 PM

I'm still having issues with the wallet. It seems that I created too many blocks and every time I try to stake my coins, the wallet freezes up and stops working. Should I try to split the block into multiple addresses or will the same problem occur? Should the "Splitblock" be spread out over multiple addresses? Will that make any difference or do I need to have multiple wallets on my computer and then split the coins in those wallets before splitting the blocks?

Thanks in Advance!!!

if you have too many blocks it can freeze, my guess is blocks with 5000 to 10000 Vcoins is fine.

if you want to revert the splitblock,  the best and clean way is to backup your wallet.dat and rename it (oldwallet.dat)

let the wallet run and create a new wallet.dat

write down your new wallet address , backup your newly created wallet.dat and rename it (newwallet.dat).

rename (oldwallet.dat) to wallet.dat, start the wallet and send the full amount to (newallet.dat) new address that you have written down.

now rename (newwallet.dat) in wallet.dat and you have done.

the easier but not cleaner way is to simply send the full amount in a single transaction to an address of the older wallet without using splitblock.

crypt0kid

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:31:07 PM

Thanks in Advance!!!

if you have too many blocks it can freeze, my guess is blocks with 5000 to 10000 Vcoins is fine.

if you want to revert the splitblock,  the best and clean way is to backup your wallet.dat and rename it (oldwallet.dat)

let the wallet run and create a new wallet.dat

write down your new wallet address , backup your newly created wallet.dat and rename it (newwallet.dat).

rename (oldwallet.dat) to wallet.dat, start the wallet and send the full amount to (newallet.dat) new address that you have written down.

now rename (newwallet.dat) in wallet.dat and you have done.

the easier but not cleaner way is to simply send the full amount in a single transaction to an address of the older wallet without using splitblock.

Thanks for the reply. The wallet was freezing really badly and when the POS was turned on, it literally stopped working. So about 3-4 days ago I turned off the POS and transferred all of the coins from the wallet back out to the exchange (I didn't want to take any chances). I deleted the wallet from my computer and then did a brand new download and install.

With the old wallet, I was making the mistake of listing the number of coins that I wanted in each wallet, instead of the total number of coins that I wanted to split. The end result was that I created 8K blocks. Most of those wallets had less than 1 V in them. I have transferred the V back into the newly installed wallet and currently waiting for them to mature. Talk about learning something the hard way.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: