Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [V] Version [V] | 60% PoS | v4.1 Dec 2023 Mandatory Update!  (Read 46066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:50:25 PM

Noise23,
What is the purpose of this coin? Do you plan to create a roadmap? Is there a white paper in its future? What features will this coin have that can grow the community?

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 11:28:16 PM

Noise23,
What is the purpose of this coin? Do you plan to create a roadmap? Is there a white paper in its future? What features will this coin have that can grow the community?

I think that it's one of the five best staking/highest POS coins that will not tank due to inflation.  That's enough of a reason for it's existence. 
Another is there is still room for it to grow up, whereas I think a lot of 2000 Sat + coins may be going down somewhere along the line.

crypt0kid

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:15:21 PM

Noise23,

I think that it's one of the five best staking/highest POS coins that will not tank due to inflation.  That's enough of a reason for it's existence. 
Another is there is still room for it to grow up, whereas I think a lot of 2000 Sat + coins may be going down somewhere along the line.

If nothing else, I believe that we could do with a much better website to help attract new members into this community. I'd be willing to contribute some V in order to help accomplish that goal. However, we'd need to have a utility, otherwise the best we'll ever be able to have is a one-page website.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 09:45:02 PM

Noise23,

If nothing else, I believe that we could do with a much better website to help attract new members into this community. I'd be willing to contribute some V in order to help accomplish that goal. However, we'd need to have a utility, otherwise the best we'll ever be able to have is a one-page website.

Define what you mean by utility.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:44:48 PM

Noise23,

By utility, I mean use/purpose of the coin other than just staking.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 12:04:08 AM

Noise23,

How about Version is about teaching the public about staking wallets?  Those who invest in the coin are paying to have like public instructors that can hold demonstrations in libraries, schools, nursing homes, you get the idea...

"There may be many 'Versions' of Staking Wallets but do they do THIS?"

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:30:25 AM

Noise23,

How about Version is about teaching the public about staking wallets?  Those who invest in the coin are paying to have like public instructors that can hold demonstrations in libraries, schools, nursing homes, you get the idea...

That's a great purpose/utility for the Version coin. How awesome would it be if we had an updated website with that as the purpose of the coin? That alone would bring new members to community, in my opinion. It definitely beats not having a definitive purpose.

Did you just make that up or is that really the true purpose of Version coin?

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 04:25:50 AM

Noise23,

That's a great purpose/utility for the Version coin. How awesome would it be if we had an updated website with that as the purpose of the coin? That alone would bring new members to community, in my opinion. It definitely beats not having a definitive purpose.

It's an ongoing goal of mine.  I think it would really empower people to have staking wallets at home.   It helps people that may not have that much going for them for extra income.  If they open their mind a bit they are rewarded by this new tech hobby that can also teach them more about using their computers, backing up important things, and so on.

I don't know what the original intent for Version is except V words sound interesting.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:35:43 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 09:46:44 PM by crypt0kid

Noise23,

I think that it's one of the five best staking/highest POS coins that will not tank due to inflation.  That's enough of a reason for it's existence.  

How about Version is about teaching the public about staking wallets?  Those who invest in the coin are paying to have like public instructors that can hold demonstrations in libraries, schools, nursing homes, you get the idea...

It's an ongoing goal of mine.  I think it would really empower people to have staking wallets at home.   It helps people that may not have that much going for them for extra income.  If they open their mind a bit they are rewarded by this new tech hobby that can also teach them more about using their computers, backing up important things, and so on.

I don't know what the original intent for Version is except V words sound interesting.

That sounds like a great idea. The only true way that people can earn any significant extra income from Version will be if Version actually becomes valuable. If Version can gain value to 1 penny and above and be able to remain stable above a penny, then it really has the potential to help people generate extra income. At its current price, one would have to stake for a lengthy amount of time before earning enough to buy a cup of coffee. 

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 12:43:27 AM

Noise23,

I think that it's one of the five best staking/highest POS coins that will not tank due to inflation.  That's enough of a reason for it's existence.  

How about Version is about teaching the public about staking wallets?  Those who invest in the coin are paying to have like public instructors that can hold demonstrations in libraries, schools, nursing homes, you get the idea...

It's an ongoing goal of mine.  I think it would really empower people to have staking wallets at home.   It helps people that may not have that much going for them for extra income.  If they open their mind a bit they are rewarded by this new tech hobby that can also teach them more about using their computers, backing up important things, and so on.

That sounds like a great idea. The only true way that people can earn any significant extra income from Version will be if Version actually becomes valuable. If Version can gain value to 1 penny and above and be able to remain stable above a penny, then it really has the potential to help people generate extra income. At its current price, one would have to stake for a lengthy amount of time before earning enough to buy a cup of coffee. 

Maybe people from Version, Buzz, 1337, Growthcoin, Truckcoin and any other high percentage POS coin could team up and create a type of marketplace or co-op corporation against the coins tanking.  Otherwise, it seems some of these coins are going to go the route of others that came down to zero. 

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:49:32 AM

Having touble synch-ing my V wallet - anyone got any reliable nodes?
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:44:55 PM

I don't see a .conf file in the directory and that's been the only way I've seen node information displayed before.  I'm running it with 20 connections.  If you know how to get node info from the wallet, tell me or others and we can post it.

TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:14:09 PM

I don't see a .conf file in the directory and that's been the only way I've seen node information displayed before.  I'm running it with 20 connections.  If you know how to get node info from the wallet, tell me or others and we can post it.

Go to the console and type getpeerinfo, the IPs in each peer are the addnode=x where x is the IP:port. Or atleast I believe that's how to jury-rig addnodes with active connections

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 09:47:07 PM

I don't see a .conf file in the directory and that's been the only way I've seen node information displayed before.  I'm running it with 20 connections.  If you know how to get node info from the wallet, tell me or others and we can post it.

Go to the console and type getpeerinfo, the IPs in each peer are the addnode=x where x is the IP:port. Or atleast I believe that's how to jury-rig addnodes with active connections

Thanks.  Not at home for a while so I can't do it.

SteamOctanePool

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

sopool.us - One of the fastest pools!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 11:12:47 PM

SOpool.us has added V, only 1.25% fee!

Mine on one of the fastest most reliable pools on the net!  We are hosted on the top cloud platform, with built in DDOS resistance!

Multi-Pool is now enabled!
Use your wallet address as your username, and c=V as your password.

No Registration required.  Rewards will be sent to your address every 3 hours!

Example config below

To get paid in V:
Code:
-a sha256 -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:3333 -u VQM3KCRrjy7T8fH1e3DWMqtrAcFgWKN3EG -p c=V 

To get paid in BTC:
Code:
-a sha256 -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:3333 -u 1274XcaSZaYhHkgEVS6h98UyTwoyk5ZKsZ-p c=BTC 
Donation Address: VQM3KCRrjy7T8fH1e3DWMqtrAcFgWKN3EG

Sopool.us - High performance cloud pool | DDOS Protection | Auto Load Scaling | Pool build & hosting services | Node Hosting Service | Need a pool for your favorite coin?  PM us and let us know about it!
crypt0kid

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:13:41 PM

Noise23,

Maybe people from Version, Buzz, 1337, Growthcoin, Truckcoin and any other high percentage POS coin could team up and create a type of marketplace or co-op corporation against the coins tanking.  Otherwise, it seems some of these coins are going to go the route of others that came down to zero. 
Or the coins could simply do a rebranding. Artificially propping up failing coins will ultimately end in failure. I've suggested that 1337 consider a rebranding, but it seems that the community voted against it some time ago. Some of these coins can get new life if they are rebranded and privacy features are added. Version has less than 500 million coins, based on Coin Market Cap. That means that If that number is accurate, it means that it could see tremendous growth if privacy were added and it was rebranded as a privacy coin. Reduce the POS percentage, rebrand the coin with maybe a new name and update the website. Those 3 things could send this coin to 30 cents in 6 months.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 01:58:57 AM

I did try that for a little while but couldn't find the console, lol....maybe someone else can help.  It's a great coin/wallet and is staking very nicely.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:01:43 AM

Noise23,

Maybe people from Version, Buzz, 1337, Growthcoin, Truckcoin and any other high percentage POS coin could team up and create a type of marketplace or co-op corporation against the coins tanking.  Otherwise, it seems some of these coins are going to go the route of others that came down to zero.  
Or the coins could simply do a rebranding. Artificially propping up failing coins will ultimately end in failure. I've suggested that 1337 consider a rebranding, but it seems that the community voted against it some time ago. Some of these coins can get new life if they are rebranded and privacy features are added. Version has less than 500 million coins, based on Coin Market Cap. That means that If that number is accurate, it means that it could see tremendous growth if privacy were added and it was rebranded as a privacy coin. Reduce the POS percentage, rebrand the coin with maybe a new name and update the website. Those 3 things could send this coin to 30 cents in 6 months.

Doesn't seem the percentage is high enough with Version, Truck, Growth, Rain, 808, and of course, BOAT, Piggy, Noble or Kangeroobits to see the inflation be a problem.  I think the public awareness of what POS Wallets are will grow and bring more people in to stake.

Buzz, 1337 and Linda I am worried about, but you can still make profits selling them for LTC and DOGE because they are much smaller than BTC and the volatility makes them profitable.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:38:27 PM

Noise23,

Maybe people from Version, Buzz, 1337, Growthcoin, Truckcoin and any other high percentage POS coin could team up and create a type of marketplace or co-op corporation against the coins tanking.  Otherwise, it seems some of these coins are going to go the route of others that came down to zero.  

Doesn't seem the percentage is high enough with Version, Truck, Growth, Rain, 808, and of course, BOAT, Piggy, Noble or Kangeroobits to see the inflation be a problem.  I think the public awareness of what POS Wallets are will grow and bring more people in to stake.

Buzz, 1337 and Linda I am worried about, but you can still make profits selling them for LTC and DOGE because they are much smaller than BTC and the volatility makes them profitable.

Not a huge fan of any of those coins. I own 1337, but plan to sell them off as soon as I get a chance to break even. Never bought Linda. We need to figure out how to get some attention to Version and make it more liquid and tradeable.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 07:28:09 PM

Noise23,

Not a huge fan of any of those coins. I own 1337, but plan to sell them off as soon as I get a chance to break even. Never bought Linda. We need to figure out how to get some attention to Version and make it more liquid and tradeable.

The price has gone up.  It's really a great staking coin, very solid.  I would mine this a little but not sure what the best current pool is. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: