Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:37:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [V] Version [V] | 60% PoS | v4.1 Dec 2023 Mandatory Update!  (Read 46070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 07:31:52 PM

is this coins still available? i mean is wallet ok?

wallet is working  (and staking) like a charm,

if you need nodes for "addnode" just check https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=V

(remember to click on "connections") Cheesy

i am uploading bootstrap till block 1555106 if someone needs it.

here it is : https://ufile.io/eg3wc

i'll open a facebook/twitter account on the next few days

Twitter page now  OPEN

https://twitter.com/VersionCrypto

Grin

on http://cryptoguru.tk/Faucet/index.php?Currency=V

there is a 1 Vcoin per request faucet

till it last

Version Coin  30 satoshi @ Cryptopia !!!!!

Grin

Working on PAPER WALLET for Vcoins !!!!!

Coming Soon!!!!

Real number of Version coin in cirulation, rounded down, considered the first 25 richlist accounts:

taken from http://cryptoguru.tk/RichList/index.php?Currency=V

Total money supply : 435.878.856

99,99% assurance lost account (last used from 2014/2015):    4     
very high possibility lost account (last used 2016):                 6     

99,99% assurance lost coins:   132.326.863   (30,3%)
very high possibility lost coins:   52.990.542   (12,1%)

Total lost coins rounded down : 185.317.405  (42,4%)

total coins in circulation rounded up:   circa 250.000.000

Found this a few pages back:

If people do faucets, maybe this still works:

http://cryptoguru.tk/Faucet/index.php?Currency=V

That will be one way of making it more popular, circulate that page.

thiagojp15

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:12:13 PM

This is interesting and can add a great value, is the dev active?
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 07:55:19 PM

Yes, the person here named Noise is working on an upgrade that uses less resources, although this wallet doesn't use much compared to PiggyCoin, GrowthCoin and Bottlecaps, also great POS coins.

EdgarJohn

Activity: 326
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 10:03:14 AM

Hi, is there a Slack, Telegram or Discord channel available for this coin? I would really like to get in touch with the lead dev. I heard some great things about this project. Good luck on the project will be following the steps back to the top.

crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:19:54 AM

paramind22,
What's the reason for the price of V going up? Do you know? I just checked a few minutes ago and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:57:35 AM

Still not having any luck synching my V wallet I’ve tried to add the nodes listed but on Cryptopia - addnode doesn’t seem to be available in the console; adding them to a conf file doesn’t work and even using the command line makes no difference.

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 04:49:23 PM

Still not having any luck synching my V wallet I’ve tried to add the nodes listed but on Cryptopia - addnode doesn’t seem to be available in the console; adding them to a conf file doesn’t work and even using the command line makes no difference.

I have gotten wallets to work by not using any extra nodes than those in the installation, also had to make sure that all other versions and conf files were not anywhere on machine.  Also, rebooting has helped, which on staking machines is a something not always wanted to do.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 04:51:03 PM

paramind22,
What's the reason for the price of V going up? Do you know? I just checked a few minutes ago and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Yes, me too. It may come from just mentioning it a lot in other threads.   Growthcoin is also up.   A lot of people lost money on very high staking inflationary coins, and then there are expensive POS coins that who knows how much BTC you have to invest to even get stakes.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:29:03 PM

I have gotten wallets to work by not using any extra nodes than those in the installation, also had to make sure that all other versions and conf files were not anywhere on machine.  Also, rebooting has helped, which on staking machines is a something not always wanted to do.

I also got it to work with no need for additional nodes. It just takes a very long time to sync. Delete it completely from your computer, including th roaming folders. Reboot your pc and then begin the full download from scratch. Once you've installed it, just leave it alone. It took about 1 day for mine to finally sync. If your computer speed is slower, then it might take longer. Patience is this key with the V wallet.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:36:09 PM

Yes, the person here named Noise is working on an upgrade that uses less resources, although this wallet doesn't use much compared to PiggyCoin, GrowthCoin and Bottlecaps, also great POS coins.

I would definitely love to have a lighter wallet.

tertius993

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:20:05 AM

I have gotten wallets to work by not using any extra nodes than those in the installation, also had to make sure that all other versions and conf files were not anywhere on machine.  Also, rebooting has helped, which on staking machines is a something not always wanted to do.

I also got it to work with no need for additional nodes. It just takes a very long time to sync. Delete it completely from your computer, including th roaming folders. Reboot your pc and then begin the full download from scratch. Once you've installed it, just leave it alone. It took about 1 day for mine to finally sync. If your computer speed is slower, then it might take longer. Patience is this key with the V wallet.

That is what I did. It looks like my wallet is on a fork, it has simply stopped synching, has only one connection and thinks it’s block height exceeds the total block height; whilst at the same time thinking it has half a million (or thereabouts) blocks to go.
crypt0kid

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:51:34 PM

That is what I did. It looks like my wallet is on a fork, it has simply stopped synching, has only one connection and thinks it’s block height exceeds the total block height; whilst at the same time thinking it has half a million (or thereabouts) blocks to go.
Maybe paramind22 or Noise can assist you. They are much more knowledgeable regarding the wallet than I am. I just remember that it took forever to sync, but it eventually synced for me. I even deleted the wallet entirely and reinstalled it as recently as 3 weeks ago and there were no issues, except the amount of time it took to sync. Noise isn't quite as active on this forum as paramind22, but hopefully one of them can help you. I've been staking steadily for the last 3 weeks and have not had any issues with the wallet.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 02:50:43 AM

Mine is synching fine, even sent to Cryptopia a bit to trade with today as price went up.   We could use a pool for this though as the speed is a little slow depending just on wallets.    I tried the Acidpool and talked to owner there and he said pool is down and that he didn't think there was another one and that it was fast enough just on the POS wallet network.   Having a pool would be an interesting thing right now.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:00:54 PM

Mine is synching fine, even sent to Cryptopia a bit to trade with today as price went up.   We could use a pool for this though as the speed is a little slow depending just on wallets.    I tried the Acidpool and talked to owner there and he said pool is down and that he didn't think there was another one and that it was fast enough just on the POS wallet network.   Having a pool would be an interesting thing right now.

Yeah, it needs 200 confirmations on Cryptopia. That's ridiculous and it takes forever to deposit and withdraw from the exchange. However, I'm very happy with the price increase. I'm continuing to stake my coins and hoping that the price continues to go up.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 09:35:27 PM

I know how everyone loves airdrops, so here's a chance for everyone get some PoSTokens for free Grin

PoSToken is having their 3rd AIRDROP right now. Use my link to get some airdrop tokens.

https://airdrop.postoken.org/?r=59e80c1b64

You will need your BitcoinTalk ID for the registration page. You can find your BitcoinTalk ID by clicking on "PROFILE" and then "PROFILE INFORMATION" on the left side of the page. Then look in the address bar and the 7 digit number is your BitcoinTalk ID. On that same page you will see "LOCATION" on the right side of the page. Enter your My Ether Wallet (MEW) address in the "Location" box and click "Change Profile" at the bottom of the page to save. Then finish filling out your registration information and that's it.

Good luck!

Thanks, but I just got:

Access to airdrop.postoken.org was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403

I reloaded it and it came through.  Posting so people know to reload it.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:31:21 PM

I know how everyone loves airdrops, so here's a chance for everyone get some PoSTokens for free Grin

PoSToken is having their 3rd AIRDROP right now. Use my link to get some airdrop tokens.

https://airdrop.postoken.org/?r=59e80c1b64

You will need your BitcoinTalk ID for the registration page. You can find your BitcoinTalk ID by clicking on "PROFILE" and then "PROFILE INFORMATION" on the left side of the page. Then look in the address bar and the 7 digit number is your BitcoinTalk ID. On that same page you will see "LOCATION" on the right side of the page. Enter your My Ether Wallet (MEW) address in the "Location" box and click "Change Profile" at the bottom of the page to save. Then finish filling out your registration information and that's it.

Good luck!

Thanks, but I just got:

Access to airdrop.postoken.org was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403

I reloaded it and it came through.  Posting so people know to reload it.

Thanks for the heads  up!

sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:16:56 PM

watching  Shocked
tertius993

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:47:14 PM

Maybe paramind22 or Noise can assist you. They are much more knowledgeable regarding the wallet than I am. I just remember that it took forever to sync, but it eventually synced for me. I even deleted the wallet entirely and reinstalled it as recently as 3 weeks ago and there were no issues, except the amount of time it took to sync. Noise isn't quite as active on this forum as paramind22, but hopefully one of them can help you. I've been staking steadily for the last 3 weeks and have not had any issues with the wallet.

Update on this - it was all my fault, somehow I was using an old version of the wallet, once i’d realised and re-installed the latest version all was well.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:12:29 AM

what block size do you guys recommend?
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 12:38:22 AM

Sorry not sure on block size.  I haven't had to pay attention to that and I'm getting nice rewards with a relatively small wallet.

About the speed: I also stake 808 and it was very fast to get to Cryptopia which is only requiring them to have 20 confirmations.

So, not sure why it wants 200 confirmations for Version.  Maybe it's because of the lack of mining on the coin?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: