Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:04:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [V] Version [V] | 60% PoS | v4.1 Dec 2023 Mandatory Update!  (Read 46066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:08:49 PM

what block size do you guys recommend?

You can choose smaller block sizes, but the staking rewards will be really low. The higher the block size, the higher the stake rewards. I made a mistake of accidently setting up 8000 blocks and the wallet basically stopped working. I now have 2000 blocks, but the rewards are really small. You probably want to select 1K, 5K or even 10K block size. The amount of rewards that you get will be higher, but it caps at 200 regardless of how many V you have in each block.

I set up blocks of 500V and the initial rewards were less than 5 V. It takes 5 days to mature each time and then it begins to stake, but in time the rewards will increase. I probably wouldn't recommend less than 1K block size, but 5K to 10K might be better for optimal rewards. Just keep in mind that the rewards cap at 200V regardless of how many coins you have in each block. So, use that to figure out what works best for you.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
crypt0kid

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:57:39 PM

So, is there any upcoming announcement on Version coin, i.e. wallet, marketing, etc.?

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:49:04 PM

Any interest in getting some conversation going here?  I just fired up my wallet after a while and it found 18 connections within moments so there is clearly a bit of interest out there and plenty of people staking, but this thread seems awfully quiet.  I also note that getting on for half a million coins have been traded on Cryptopia in the last 24 hours.

So in the spirit of getting the conversation moving what would people like to see that would be of interest?

I would like to see a couple of things:

Firstly a refresh of the wallet - it actually seems to work really well, but I think the look and feel would benefit from a minor overhaul: I'd get rid of the moneybags symbols and standardise on the light colour scheme.

Secondly some discussion around the purpose of the coin would be good - there were some suggestions a while back around positioning it as a coin to introduce people to cryptos and staking - it stakes really well and its clearly a pretty low cost coin so would be ideal for this sort of ethos.

Unfortunately I'm not a developer so wouldn't know where to start on the wallet.
crypt0kid

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:15:34 AM

Any interest in getting some conversation going here?  I just fired up my wallet after a while and it found 18 connections within moments so there is clearly a bit of interest out there and plenty of people staking, but this thread seems awfully quiet.  I also note that getting on for half a million coins have been traded on Cryptopia in the last 24 hours.

So in the spirit of getting the conversation moving what would people like to see that would be of interest?

Firstly a refresh of the wallet - it actually seems to work really well, but I think the look and feel would benefit from a minor overhaul: I'd get rid of the moneybags symbols and standardise on the light colour scheme.

Secondly some discussion around the purpose of the coin would be good - there were some suggestions a while back around positioning it as a coin to introduce people to cryptos and staking - it stakes really well and its clearly a pretty low cost coin so would be ideal for this sort of ethos.

Unfortunately I'm not a developer so wouldn't know where to start on the wallet.

Firstly, how did you manage to get 18 connections? The max that I've reached is 9.

The dev on the project is Noise, but in recent months, he hasn't been very active on the forum. He was talking about updating the wallet, but that was a few months ago and I don't think anyone has heard much from him since that time. The wallet works fine, but it could definitely benefit from a makeover, but the money bags aren't a big deal. Making the wallet lighter on the CPU is more important. Aesthetics can come after that.

I'm all for a more active community because it will only serve to grow the community and ultimately raise the price of this coin.  @paramind22 is the one who commented about introducing people to staking. You should message him and get his thoughts on that.

With the current market cap nearing $600 billion and Version offering 60% per year, we just need a bit of marketing behind this coin and it could explode.

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:33:06 PM

Let's hope the developer comes back at some point..

crypt0kid

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:13:26 PM

Definitely! Noise, if you're reading these comments, come back, bro! We need you Grin

crypt0kid

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:15:46 PM

Sorry not sure on block size.  I haven't had to pay attention to that and I'm getting nice rewards with a relatively small wallet.

About the speed: I also stake 808 and it was very fast to get to Cryptopia which is only requiring them to have 20 confirmations.

So, not sure why it wants 200 confirmations for Version.  Maybe it's because of the lack of mining on the coin?

Paramind22,
Any ideas for this coin? It's perfectly lined up to make some moves, but we need an active dev to get us over the hump and on the road to $1.

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:29:24 PM

Firstly, how did you manage to get 18 connections? The max that I've reached is 9.

The dev on the project is Noise, but in recent months, he hasn't been very active on the forum. He was talking about updating the wallet, but that was a few months ago and I don't think anyone has heard much from him since that time. The wallet works fine, but it could definitely benefit from a makeover, but the money bags aren't a big deal. Making the wallet lighter on the CPU is more important. Aesthetics can come after that.

I'm all for a more active community because it will only serve to grow the community and ultimately raise the price of this coin.  @paramind22 is the one who commented about introducing people to staking. You should message him and get his thoughts on that.

With the current market cap nearing $600 billion and Version offering 60% per year, we just need a bit of marketing behind this coin and it could explode.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Regarding 18 connections - I think this is because I went through the process of ensuring I had the right ports open for Bitcoin to run as a full node - i.e. allowing both in and out connections.  I can't actually remember what I did now, but a bit of google-ing should help.  I'll try to work it out as well.

Re. the make-over - I agree the money bags aren't a big deal, its just they are a simple visual improvement that would be nice and obvious (and I don't like them!).  Also agree that a lighter CPU load (which would hopefully resolving the rather common "not responding" issue) would be really good.

I will message both paramind22 and noise23, but generally we should just keep the conversation going here - people just need to know there is a bit of interest and activity and things will start to develop I am sure.

Indeed I see there has been a bit of price activity on cryptopia and (to a lesser extent) on YoBit.  I'm sure its partly because Bitcoin has dropped so things "look" a little cheaper.
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:37:03 PM

Sorry not sure on block size.  I haven't had to pay attention to that and I'm getting nice rewards with a relatively small wallet.

About the speed: I also stake 808 and it was very fast to get to Cryptopia which is only requiring them to have 20 confirmations.

So, not sure why it wants 200 confirmations for Version.  Maybe it's because of the lack of mining on the coin?

Paramind22,
Any ideas for this coin? It's perfectly lined up to make some moves, but we need an active dev to get us over the hump and on the road to $1.

Hi, for some reason I did not see this until today.  I think most people don't know about cryptocurrency still and how easy it is to earn BTC by a good coin like this.  We should try to do something where we can feature Version because it is truly one of maybe three this good and this cheap.

crypt0kid

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:42:42 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 10:54:11 PM by crypt0kid

Any interest in getting some conversation going here?  I just fired up my wallet after a while and it found 18 connections within moments so there is clearly a bit of interest out there and plenty of people staking, but this thread seems awfully quiet.  I also note that getting on for half a million coins have been traded on Cryptopia in the last 24 hours.

I'm all for a more active community because it will only serve to grow the community and ultimately raise the price of this coin.  @paramind22 is the one who commented about introducing people to staking. You should message him and get his thoughts on that.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Regarding 18 connections - I think this is because I went through the process of ensuring I had the right ports open for Bitcoin to run as a full node - i.e. allowing both in and out connections.  I can't actually remember what I did now, but a bit of google-ing should help.  I'll try to work it out as well.

Re. the make-over - I agree the money bags aren't a big deal, its just they are a simple visual improvement that would be nice and obvious (and I don't like them!).  Also agree that a lighter CPU load (which would hopefully resolving the rather common "not responding" issue) would be really good.

I will message both paramind22 and noise23, but generally we should just keep the conversation going here - people just need to know there is a bit of interest and activity and things will start to develop I am sure.

Indeed I see there has been a bit of price activity on cryptopia and (to a lesser extent) on YoBit.  I'm sure its partly because Bitcoin has dropped so things "look" a little cheaper.

It appears that you are much more tech savvy than I am. However, I will do a bit of googling and see what I can learn.

While we're on the aesthetics, an updated website would do wonders for this coin. Most coins tend to explode once they get an updated website. Not saying that it's a priority, but it could definitely give the coin a boost.

I definitely like the activity that I'm seeing on Cryptopia. With 60% proof of stake, this coin could be really huge if more people found out about it. I'm at least glad that the Twitter page is set up for this coin. A few tweaks would do wonders.

crypt0kid

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:51:47 PM

Paramind22,

Hi, for some reason I did not see this until today.  I think most people don't know about cryptocurrency still and how easy it is to earn BTC by a good coin like this.  We should try to do something where we can feature Version because it is truly one of maybe three this good and this cheap.

How about a post or article that talks about "Earning a passive income in crypto". That's what Version does. It allows people to earn a passive income with little investment.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 01:11:31 AM

Paramind22,

How about a post or article that talks about "Earning a passive income in crypto". That's what Version does. It allows people to earn a passive income with little investment.

I'll see what I can come up with after the holidays.  Anyone else feel free. It's just basic science/economics.  This one, Truckcoin, Chess and RAIN are still great low entry profitable coins.   

FEARofDreams

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:46:03 PM

Do we have a Discord for this bb?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Lemme see the links, if not lets get this thing going. I volunteer to build the new website. Who is out working on this? I think there is a lot of potential to pop this thing.  Cool Cool Cool Cool
FEARofDreams

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:02:06 PM

Alright spoke with my dev team and we're going to commit resources to this project over the next few months. I'm starting a Dicord for anyone to get in on the conversations. Will link when it's up. It's time to fire thing bb up!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
FEARofDreams

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:11:34 PM

DISCORD LINK https://discord.gg/AP5ZkX  Cool Cool Cool
crypt0kid

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:37:58 AM

Alright spoke with my dev team and we're going to commit resources to this project over the next few months. I'm starting a Dicord for anyone to get in on the conversations. Will link when it's up. It's time to fire thing bb up!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well done, dude! Let's get this thing rolling and send Version into the stratosphere Grin Grin

noise23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:24:34 PM

Definitely! Noise, if you're reading these comments, come back, bro! We need you Grin

Hey guys, I'm here around, just pretty busy with other stuff at the moment.
In case of anything you can always PM me.
Hope 2018 will be a good year for V Smiley
Hardva

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:20:13 PM

What is this coin about?
paramind22

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 09:01:09 PM

What is this coin about?

Making lots of money and not hurting anyone in the process   Smiley

btctuxedo

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:39:49 PM

Looks like an interesting coin to HODL Smiley I'll grab some from Cryptopia soon and I have a good feeling it will worth the investment in the next few years.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: