Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:21:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [V] Version [V] | 60% PoS | v4.1 Dec 2023 Mandatory Update!  (Read 46070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hammers400

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:47:14 PM

Trying to get on discord but the link has expired!? anyone able to post new link?
Dallas1971

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:42:54 PM

I prefer Telegram over discord. 
hammers400

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:18:54 AM

Discord seems way better for me. The telegram app on my android phone is awful as you have allow access to all contacts phone numbers etc. For me Discord far better with regards to security / privacy.
erechad

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:22:05 AM

Can someone create Telegram group for this coin? or should i create one?
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:59:44 AM

The recent rise in price and interest in Version is great!

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:45:26 AM

Alright spoke with my dev team and we're going to commit resources to this project over the next few months. I'm starting a Dicord for anyone to get in on the conversations. Will link when it's up. It's time to fire thing bb up!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well done, dude! Let's get this thing rolling and send Version into the stratosphere Grin Grin

Great stuff.

It would be superb to see a refresh of the website and perhaps the wallet.  I'd like to see the community engaged here in what they would like to see happen - what the coin really needs is exposure, so getting discussion going is an essential first step.  I'm not really a user of the messaging apps but will check them out, however, bitcointalk is really the first stopping point for anyone new to crypto and coins so I'd strongly suggest we maintain this thread as it will have a much higher profile.

Pleased also to see noise23 contributing, he's done a huge amount to keep this coin going.

Some quick thoughts on how to position Version:

1. micro payments - its a low cost coin and always will be I think (though probably somewhat higher than the value today), so it is perfectly positioned for making low value/micro payments. 

2. value - if you assume a fair value of BTC is somewhere between $10,000 and $20,000 (just for the example) then an ideal value for Version would be around 500-1000 sats - making one VersionCoin worth 5 to 20 cents.  This would mean you could make a payment (using VersionCoin) of 1/100 of a cent for a fee (at the current fee rate) of around a half to one ten thousandth of a cent or less (could the network fees reduce if the increased that much?)

3. staking - it clearly stakes really well, and allows a very low risk way of generating a small income that could be used to support making such micro payments ( I haven't done any calculations to work out what the return would be, e.g. per 1,000/10,000 coins but might have a go at that)

4. name - "Version" is a really difficult name to search for as it generates so many misleading hits, I'd suggest the name be standardised as "VersionCoin" which is already used in some places
erechad

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:21:37 AM

Alright spoke with my dev team and we're going to commit resources to this project over the next few months. I'm starting a Dicord for anyone to get in on the conversations. Will link when it's up. It's time to fire thing bb up!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well done, dude! Let's get this thing rolling and send Version into the stratosphere Grin Grin

Great stuff.

It would be superb to see a refresh of the website and perhaps the wallet.  I'd like to see the community engaged here in what they would like to see happen - what the coin really needs is exposure, so getting discussion going is an essential first step.  I'm not really a user of the messaging apps but will check them out, however, bitcointalk is really the first stopping point for anyone new to crypto and coins so I'd strongly suggest we maintain this thread as it will have a much higher profile.

Pleased also to see noise23 contributing, he's done a huge amount to keep this coin going.

1. micro payments - its a low cost coin and always will be I think (though probably somewhat higher than the value today), so it is perfectly positioned for making low value/micro payments. 

2. value - if you assume a fair value of BTC is somewhere between $10,000 and $20,000 (just for the example) then an ideal value for Version would be around 500-1000 sats - making one VersionCoin worth 5 to 20 cents.  This would mean you could make a payment (using VersionCoin) of 1/100 of a cent for a fee (at the current fee rate) of around a half to one ten thousandth of a cent or less (could the network fees reduce if the increased that much?)

3. staking - it clearly stakes really well, and allows a very low risk way of generating a small income that could be used to support making such micro payments ( I haven't done any calculations to work out what the return would be, e.g. per 1,000/10,000 coins but might have a go at that)

4. name - "Version" is a really difficult name to search for as it generates so many misleading hits, I'd suggest the name be standardised as "VersionCoin" which is already used in some places
Thanks for this suggestions, we really need to keep the community alive.
hammers400

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:51:19 PM

Interesting stuff happening behind-the-scenes discord getting set up properly. Dev bounty fund being created and more. V definitely one to watch over 2018.
crypt0kid

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:02:54 PM

Great stuff.

I know that Version may not be showing up well in search results, but in my opinion, it's only because we haven't done SEO for Version. There is a lot in a name, for example a coin just named Zero or Verge, just to name a few. Personally I prefer a shorter name, so I don't have any issues with Version. Maybe we can put this up to a vote, but shorter is better in my book. I just think that the SEO needs to be done and the name will show up more. In general 1 word coins tend to go to the moon and are very easy to remember, but I could be wrong. Just my 2 cents.

hammers400

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:32:57 PM

The name version is a great name but shortening it to just the letter V is greatest. You got some V In your wallet? V accepted here. Doesn't get any shorter.. Works like a £€ or $ sign. Easiest to remember, looks awesome as a letter in it's self. My vote is for V.
hammers400

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:40:11 PM

Ok we have a discord server now set up. I am asking anyone intrested in the future of this coin to join the discord server at this link.

https://discord.gg/Q5tnCBw

This link doesnt expire unlike the one posted a few posts back.

We need to get the ball rolling!!

This is your space and chance to help build a positive future for an already proven coin.

This has only just been set up so activity should increase gradually once news spreads and I am hoping we can work together to build a community of V supporters and make this coin great. The server will hopfully grow with more channels and info as time goes on and admin support is definatley welcome. Along with any other support for the coin.

crypt0kid

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:13:41 AM

The name version is a great name but shortening it to just the letter V is greatest. You got some V In your wallet? V accepted here. Doesn't get any shorter.. Works like a £€ or $ sign. Easiest to remember, looks awesome as a letter in it's self. My vote is for V.

That's an interesting suggestion to change the name from Version to V, but the symbol is already V and you can still say V accepted here. If you think that it's difficult to market Version, just imagine trying to market a single letter of the alphabet. I did a quick search, and there is no coin with just a letter as its name. I found a few such as Joincoin (J) and Revain (R), but although they may have a single letter representing them, they still are backed by a name and I believe that having an actual name of Version with the letter V as the symbol should remain as it is.

mantas779

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:13:04 AM

Name is great.  But the coin should be on more exchanges.

We can start at stocks.exchange, they are a small exchange.
tertius993

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:55:20 AM

That's an interesting suggestion to change the name from Version to V, but the symbol is already V and you can still say V accepted here. If you think that it's difficult to market Version, just imagine trying to market a single letter of the alphabet. I did a quick search, and there is no coin with just a letter as its name. I found a few such as Joincoin (J) and Revain (R), but although they may have a single letter representing them, they still are backed by a name and I believe that having an actual name of Version with the letter V as the symbol should remain as it is.

I agree with this - V as the symbol (and perhaps XVN as the ticker?), and Version or VersionCoin as the full name. I am still doubtful about Version - I don’t think SEO can overcome the likely confusion with such a widely used “technical” term and it certainly won’t help within a site like Bitcointalk - just try searching for “Version” within this section whereas VersionCoin finds it straight off. However, I don’t feel really strongly about it and will happily go with the community view.
welucas

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:30:59 AM

is this coin dead?
who is the CEO behind it?
I saw some people talking about it on facebook but when you try to research something there is barely anything
tertius993

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:58:39 PM

is this coin dead?
who is the CEO behind it?
I saw some people talking about it on facebook but when you try to research something there is barely anything

It's certainly not dead - the network is running well and the wallet is staking fine.  If you want to trade it is listed on cryptopia and YoBit (and its very cheap at the moment).

There is no "CEO" its a crypto not a corporation.

The coin was re-booted by noise23 and he has done all the recent development work.

If you read back through the thread you'll see that activity seems to be picking up in the recent weeks and I think it has potential. 

The original coin was only meant to have 2,500,000 coins but a bug in the original code sent the number rocketing into the hundreds of millions, however, poster migello did a bit of analysis of the coins in circulation a few months ago:

Real number of Version coin in cirulation, rounded down, considered the first 25 richlist accounts:

taken from http://cryptoguru.tk/RichList/index.php?Currency=V

Total money supply : 435,878,856

99,99% assurance lost account (last used from 2014/2015):    4     
very high possibility lost account (last used 2016):                 6     

99,99% assurance lost coins:   132,326,863   (30,3%)
very high possibility lost coins:   52,990,542   (12,1%)

Total lost coins rounded down : 185,317,405  (42,4%)

total coins in circulation rounded up:   circa 250,000,000

henrymac

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:09:28 PM

Hi everyone,
Can you confirm if V is decentralized?  Cool
Thanks in advance!

I am accepting some donations too  Grin

VZo61n1hKm8TrqT93b5gmZ6jULv9KGRztS
crypt0kid

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:31:49 PM

I've been staking this coin since September and I have to say that it feels that my number of staking rewards has decreased. I guess that is a good sign for the coin that more people are staking it.

tertius993

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:13:30 PM

Hi everyone,
Can you confirm if V is decentralized?  Cool
Thanks in advance!

Yes
tertius993

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:17:23 PM

I've been staking this coin since September and I have to say that it feels that my number of staking rewards has decreased. I guess that is a good sign for the coin that more people are staking it.

I get the feeling that rewards do fluctuate, perhaps it’s as you say and it varies as the number of wallets staking goes up and down.

I think there is a definite increase in interest, certainly the trade volumes seem significantly higher today than a few months ago.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: