Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What projects are you most excited about?  (Read 2303 times)
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 12:44:25 PM

well i'm verry exited about my project about laserguns to bur papermoney ^^
no, seriously, i'm having project that involves laserguns, but it's for egniting my bbq and personel fun, no burning papermoney lol
 serious now, i'm waiting to see how mybitmine 2.0 is becoming
that openbazaar seems interesting and ofcourse the implementation of bitcoin on amazon and ebay, altough i don't use amazon so much, but would be awsome for the users of both.
 i also see other names and sites mentionned here before my post, curious and checking them out aswell Smiley

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
eerygarden (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 12:51:32 PM

For me there is several , the hardware wallet CryptoLabs "Case" (the design is just epic) . Also Darkwallet which still need funding and I guess it will be available on 2016 if they get their funding (the sooner the better) Grin
OpenBazaar would be also good because there isn't a lot of shops that really accepts Bitcoins and have shitload of items like Amazon & eBay does .

I just took a look at Case, so many thanks for sharing that. This looks good. In the video they say it fits in your wallet. It looks a little too fat for me. Who knows in practice it might be ok, but it does look too chunky for your wallet at the moment. A bitcoin wallet that fits in your wallet is needed in my opinion and it is good to see that there are people trying to make this.

One thing I noticed when the lady presented how to send a transaction was that she didn't punch in an amount that you need to send. Presumably you need to do this still.

On the other hand, I think the mycelium wallet app for android can do a lot of this more conveniently.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 12:59:48 PM

I'm by far the most excited about Mycelium's Bitcoin Card - provided that it allows you to broadcast transactions without the need of carrying another device (smartphone). We need cheap, simple and secure hardware solutions that provide instant Bitcoin use. Having a tiny card that allows you initiate Bitcoin payments anytime is imho a "killer app".

That said another project I'm very excited about is BitSIM - a smart SIM that you can use in any 2G-cellphone for doing Bitcoin transactions. If this project materializes, it might be the first serious competitor for Africa's established mobile payments solutions.

ya.ya.yo!

You're very right yayayo, these do sound very exciting, thanks for the info on this, I will try to find out more about as these are the projects which might help bitcoin reach more people worldwide.

Just read these and if they're able to make these work, they would defo be the killer inventions.

http://www.coindesk.com/mycelium-promises-bitcoin-card-with-a-brain/

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bitsim-turns-any-mobile-phone-into-a-bitcoin-wallet/32213

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 01:15:23 PM

For me, it's definitely the ETF and talking about it, I'm just wondering why it took so long to launch. Although the flow of investment fund is one thing, what mattersmost is actually the recognition part especially with the SEC. That could somehow change people's perception that they are having towards bitcoin.

JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:24:13 PM

Also, i'm interested with BitFury to Release Light Bulbs that Mine Bitcoin in 2015
It would be cool have bulb which can mining bitcoin
Don't waste time on stupidity.  Just go buy a BlockErupter on Ebay for $5.  It does exactly the same thing as a BitFury light bulb (i.e. makes a very extremely tiny amount of bitcoin) except it doesn't make light, which is totally unneeded for getting bitcoin. 

BitFury lightbulb and 21e6 are the dumbest things to come to bitcoin since inception.  If Bitcoin returns to $1200, all bets are off. 
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:46:57 PM

The Mercury project is exciting. It's a fully trustless decentralized cryptocurrency exchange that's being developed. It's only being held up by a lack of testers and the fact all the coins it will use need to implement OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY because without it the exchange would be vulnerable to TX malleability attacks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946174.0

This sounds pretty impressive for something that one chap has been working on, on his loneseome!
bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:02:33 PM

I'm always excited about bitcoin debit cards, as they give instant access to spend bitcoins you have pretty much anywhere without having to worry about converting first.

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:07:22 PM

I'm most excited about decentralized markets and exchanges. I think those two things are badly needed to stop scams, but I'm also excited about certain industries adopting bitcoin to save money like the remittance market or even the adult and gambling industries.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210

BTC > etc

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:08:40 PM

Blockstream (sidechains)

For me, it's definitely the ETF

Winklevii recently said it was "just a few weeks away". this could draw significant positive attention to bitcoin
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:04:27 PM

i need something like amazon for bitcoin, immediately so openbazar only for me, there should be an exchange counterpart, or they can integrate it in the open bazar project

i hope it will be big, and not only a niche market, like every other project for bitcoin...

For the success of openbazaar, it needs huge marketing and adaptation as it already has a huge market competition. For huge adaption like amazon and ebay, it needs to be backed by another strong company. Maybe it could team up with other e commerce websites in its native country to boost function and adaption.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 03:34:24 PM

Have you guys heard of Bitreserve? It might not be on the same level of awesome as some of the other projects but I think it's a real nice addition to the Bitcoin ecosystem. It basically allows you to store your Bitcoin as a currency (you can choose between USD and 7 others) to protect against fluctuations. And you can move your money between the different currencies as well free of charge which is cool.

Have a look here : https://bitreserve.org/en/homepage

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:42:09 PM

1. OpenBazaar

2. ETF

3. Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It documentary. According to the producer Torsten Hoffman, the documentary should get approx 100M views worldwide. It will help a lot the education of mainstream users and hopefully change the bad narrative people have over bitcoin.

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:53:31 PM

The bitcoin card is something I am really excited about while the openbazar does have my attention. It has a good market, it just needs more adaptation. It has heavy competition like ebay and amazon.
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:58:19 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 04:25:55 PM by muhrohmat

i like that site that gives btc for you to seed the torrents its soo funny but its not in full mode now i wait for joy stream or something to be fully on track

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:54:03 PM

For me openbazaar, the decentralized "ebay" can give bitcoin a nice boost.
But i think the condition that it will be popular is only that every illegal things are forbidden to sell.
Or it will end like Silk Road.
But i have a good feeling, they get also 1 Million dollar more last week, so that they will hire now more people.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210

BTC > etc

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:35:59 PM

Thanks for the link, looks interesting.
let's see how it compares to "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin"
eerygarden (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:29:21 PM

3. Bitcoin: The End of Money As We Know It documentary. According to the producer Torsten Hoffman, the documentary should get approx 100M views worldwide. It will help a lot the education of mainstream users and hopefully change the bad narrative people have over bitcoin.
Good luck to that man! And thanks for sharing the video link, it put me on to the bitcoin doco and next, the rise and rise of bitcoin.
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 08:42:53 PM

Tell me what you are excited about for the bitcoin community?

100bit.co.in, which is an alternative to LocalBitcoins is my dark horse. It supports Alt coin trading along with bitcoin and does require to use a site wallet. I really like to concept and expect it to boom.

kfarnan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:04:02 PM

Decentralized exchanges. Coinffeine.com is promising.  End the Gox era.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:40:41 PM

I'm excited about the current ongoing discussion about blocksize Smiley

That being said, I'm also pretty interested on the Armory project. Electrum also has some cool stuff going on. And I hope BIP-47 wins traction
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: