Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - Octane BLAKE2s | Headers 1st | Nodes | Open Assets | XOR^2 | LETS  (Read 12288 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tinybenis

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:19:11 AM

WTB Octane, paying 0.12 BTC per 10k.

Looking for 5k to 30k.

Escrow is fine.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:56:40 AM

hmm... ^^ I'll better his offer, want 10k - 20k . PM me.

tinybenis

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:24:18 AM

hmm... ^^ I'll better his offer, want 10k - 30k . PM me.

Dev, when is exchange?
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:32:28 AM

hmm... ^^ I'll better his offer, want 10k - 30k . PM me.

Dev, when is exchange?

Roll Eyes
chey

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

I'm a miner not a minor.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 06:18:51 PM

I am down to 1 peer. Anyone have nodes I can use?

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 07:21:51 PM

5.9.56.229 == https://minkiz.co

you should be able to pick up 20-30 peers from there:

https://minkiz.co/acme <- Summary
https://minkiz.co/acme/octn <- Block & Tx explorer

Cheers

Graham
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:26:28 PM

Cheers

Graham

minkiz? also I get a nasty security warning with firefox and it won't let me in your site
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:30:41 PM

Cheers

Graham

minkiz? also I get a nasty security warning with firefox and it won't let me in your site

I get that too it seems there is a problem with the ssl certificate but you can enter it if you ignore the warning
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 10:29:36 PM

I get that too it seems there is a problem with the ssl certificate but you can enter it if you ignore the warning

It's a self-signed cert, had one for yonks.

If you're comfortable with the crypto, you may wish to install the (self-signed, ofc) CA cert:

http://bel-epa.com/X509/cacert.der

DYR: http://web.archive.org/web/19970412055525/http://www.bel-epa.com/

Cheers

Graham
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 12:51:05 AM

I think a longer proof of work time frame personally would have been a better choice however any developer has the right to operate their own project as they see fit......

Just curious why in the source code the blake2.h was left out....?  If i may ask.

jamescoineron (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:15:14 AM

Just curious why in the source code the blake2.h was left out....?  If i may ask.
Originally Octane was setup to link against the library version of blake2s "libb2" downloadable from the blake2 website.

I realize this has been confusing to some people, exchange wallet wranglers, people trying to self-build the Windows wallet... so I have updated the github and integrated the blake2s reference implementation directly and updated the .pro and unix makefile.

If you still want to use the library version you can, but you'll have to revert the edits to the pro/makefile.  The difference with the library version is that the configure script will auto-detect special features of your CPU and enable various optimizations.  For most people this doesn't really matter.

Now you can pull from github and there is no external dependency on libb2, you can build as usual and it will "just work".  This should make it much easier for people who were confused by the library.
jamescoineron (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:37:00 AM

I've updated the Windows wallet download link for version 1.3.  This version optimizes lock ordering in the wallet and solves the periodic wallet UI "freezing" and CPU spiking that was happening after winning a stake block or sending coins, common in all recent BlackCoin based coins.  Now it is silky smooth with no freezes/pauses in the GUI.
jamescoineron (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:52:38 AM

The Octane Currency Movement

Digital Complementary Currency, High Performance Modern Solution

Octane is a high performance proof-of-stake cryptocurrency based on the Bitcoin protocol combined with the Proof-of-Stake protocol.  Octane differs from Bitcoin and coins like Litecoin in that it has a fast block time of 30 seconds, which translates into a fast network with fast transaction confirmations, and it uses proof-of-stake as the consensus mechanism which is environmentally friendly and incentivizes users.  The Octane codebase is continually optimized for speed and silky smooth wallet operation.

There are many cryptocurrencies which have emerged since the release of Bitcoin.  Many are abandoned or highly volatile, making it hard to discern levels of quality and longevity.  Octane has been devised to solve many of the problems seen in existing cryptocurrency codebases and to foster an ecosystem through better positioning, marketing, and economic design.

https://i.imgur.com/lVchtuz.jpg

Global Systemic Risks

"In the absence of the gold standard there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation." - Alan Greenspan

"Real monetary reform will only come after a major currency crisis hits." - Ron Paul

The financial collapse of 2008 in traditional markets was a shocking wake up call.  But in many ways severe global systemic risk still exists in the traditional financial markets.  Worldwide economies are intertwined and interdependent in ways that connect seemingly minute issues in one part of the world to larger reactions in other parts of the world.  It is inevitable that a more severe global economic reset is coming within our lifetime.  What will you do in the face of capital controls, bank holidays, depositor "haircuts", and the plethora of other levers that will be pulled to attempt to provide stabilization.  We very well could see the re-emergence of "depression scrips" to fill in the gaps left by a shortage of cash.  Looking at current events, it is clear that the state of the entire world is in a very precarious position.  What can you do?  You can diversify into metals like gold and silver, and attempt to get physical delivery fulfilled.  But metals are not easily tradeable and require physical storage and security.  You can stockpile cash, which requires physical storage and security, but this may have its own issues with capital controls, governments clearly on a track to practically ban the use of physical cash, not to mention the risks of devaluation and hyperinflation.

Cryptocurrency As A Complementary Currency Hedge

Cryptocurrencies have emerged as experimental digital cash that is centrally controlled by no one.  Decentralization, with no central bank arbitrarily inflating money supply at will, puts you the user in control.  Cryptocurrencies and digital tokens represent a potential hedge against global risks.  Cryptocurrencies are easily tradeable electronically over the internet, and can be made easily tradeable locally through mobile devices, terminals, and even physical solutions like paper wallets.  "Complementary currencies" are currencies that typically emerge locally or regionally as a way to facilitate local bartering and trade of goods and services, filling in gaps left by cash shortages.  They are most common in emerging markets but also exist in some first world countries, generally going unnoticed.  Cryptocurrency is an ideal mechanism to act as a complementary currency.  Defined in software, digital currencies can be extended, integrated with payment systems and other software, and easily verified by anyone through the blockchain protocol.  Because cryptocurrency and the design of the Bitcoin protocol is trustless, the blockchain provides some level of insulation from the potentially unpredictable activities of central banks and world economies.

Bitcoin Vs. Alternatives

The Bitcoin protocol was a paradigm shift, one that will change the future of money forever.  But, Bitcoin may not be suitable for all purposes.  Politics, block sizes, confirmation times, speed, development direction, centralization of mining...there are many variables that are moving Bitcoin in a direction that leaves room for alternatives with differing specifications and operating parameters to fill in gaps or enable some use cases more efficiently.  Like biological evolution, alternative cryptocurrencies emerge, some with better innovations then others, some die off, others survive and thrive given a nurturing environment.  It is clear that enabling the potential for success is dependent on both providing the right tools for users and capturing network effects over time.

Octane Evolution

The initial development roadmap to build out and evolve the Octane network consists of both internal protocol enhancements to optimize the network as well as external construction to jumpstart the ecosystem.  In addition to software, the evolution of Octane will be as much about spreading the word and awareness, and aligning products and services with the needs of the market.

Headers First
Octane will be the first proof-of-stake coin to support headers first, the optimized block syncing mechanism developed in Bitcoin Core.

Octane Nodes
An optimized masternode implementation in Octane that allows users to put up coins as collateral and acts as a sort of savings bond, entitling the users to a piece of the network stake reward.  The savings bond effect acts as a stabilizing force in the cryptoeconomy and has proven to be a popular incentive for users.

Open Assets Protocol
Octane will implement the Open Assets protocol for the creation and transfer of colored coins on the blockchain.  The beauty of Open Assets is in its simplicity, and it will open the door for Octane to pursue things that other coins like Via have tried but stalled on.

XOR^2
More details on what the exciting XOR^2 is and how it works will be revealed in the future.

LETS Local Exchange Trading System
The development roadmap of Octane leads up to the implementation of a cryptocurrency equivalent of the traditional LETS system (Local Exchange Trading System) used by non-crypto complementary currencies.  LETS was invented in the early 1980's and has been digitized by a few products that essentially act as a database.  Octane will build out a cryptocurrency equivalent of the LETS concept, further cementing its position as a digital complementary currency.

https://i.imgur.com/O1DtsS1.jpg
mammix2
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:13:12 PM

The Octane Currency Movement

Digital Complementary Currency, High Performance Modern Solution

Octane is a high performance proof-of-stake cryptocurrency based on the Bitcoin protocol combined with the Proof-of-Stake protocol.  Octane differs from Bitcoin and coins like Litecoin in that it has a fast block time of 30 seconds, which translates into a fast network with fast transaction confirmations, and it uses proof-of-stake as the consensus mechanism which is environmentally friendly and incentivizes users.  The Octane codebase is continually optimized for speed and silky smooth wallet operation.

There are many cryptocurrencies which have emerged since the release of Bitcoin.  Many are abandoned or highly volatile, making it hard to discern levels of quality and longevity.  Octane has been devised to solve many of the problems seen in existing cryptocurrency codebases and to foster an ecosystem through better positioning, marketing, and economic design.

Global Systemic Risks

"In the absence of the gold standard there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation." - Alan Greenspan

"Real monetary reform will only come after a major currency crisis hits." - Ron Paul

The financial collapse of 2008 in traditional markets was a shocking wake up call.  But in many ways severe global systemic risk still exists in the traditional financial markets.  Worldwide economies are intertwined and interdependent in ways that connect seemingly minute issues in one part of the world to larger reactions in other parts of the world.  It is inevitable that a more severe global economic reset is coming within our lifetime.  What will you do in the face of capital controls, bank holidays, depositor "haircuts", and the plethora of other levers that will be pulled to attempt to provide stabilization.  We very well could see the re-emergence of "depression scrips" to fill in the gaps left by a shortage of cash.  Looking at current events, it is clear that the state of the entire world is in a very precarious position.  What can you do?  You can diversify into metals like gold and silver, and attempt to get physical delivery fulfilled.  But metals are not easily tradeable and require physical storage and security.  You can stockpile cash, which requires physical storage and security, but this may have its own issues with capital controls, governments clearly on a track to practically ban the use of physical cash, not to mention the risks of devaluation and hyperinflation.

Cryptocurrency As A Complementary Currency Hedge

Cryptocurrencies have emerged as experimental digital cash that is centrally controlled by no one.  Decentralization, with no central bank arbitrarily inflating money supply at will, puts you the user in control.  Cryptocurrencies and digital tokens represent a potential hedge against global risks.  Cryptocurrencies are easily tradeable electronically over the internet, and can be made easily tradeable locally through mobile devices, terminals, and even physical solutions like paper wallets.  "Complementary currencies" are currencies that typically emerge locally or regionally as a way to facilitate local bartering and trade of goods and services, filling in gaps left by cash shortages.  They are most common in emerging markets but also exist in some first world countries, generally going unnoticed.  Cryptocurrency is an ideal mechanism to act as a complementary currency.  Defined in software, digital currencies can be extended, integrated with payment systems and other software, and easily verified by anyone through the blockchain protocol.  Because cryptocurrency and the design of the Bitcoin protocol is trustless, the blockchain provides some level of insulation from the potentially unpredictable activities of central banks and world economies.

Bitcoin Vs. Alternatives

The Bitcoin protocol was a paradigm shift, one that will change the future of money forever.  But, Bitcoin may not be suitable for all purposes.  Politics, block sizes, confirmation times, speed, development direction, centralization of mining...there are many variables that are moving Bitcoin in a direction that leaves room for alternatives with differing specifications and operating parameters to fill in gaps or enable some use cases more efficiently.  Like biological evolution, alternative cryptocurrencies emerge, some with better innovations then others, some die off, others survive and thrive given a nurturing environment.  It is clear that enabling the potential for success is dependent on both providing the right tools for users and capturing network effects over time.

Octane Evolution

The initial development roadmap to build out and evolve the Octane network consists of both internal protocol enhancements to optimize the network as well as external construction to jumpstart the ecosystem.  In addition to software, the evolution of Octane will be as much about spreading the word and awareness, and aligning products and services with the needs of the market.

Headers First
Octane will be the first proof-of-stake coin to support headers first, the optimized block syncing mechanism developed in Bitcoin Core.

Octane Nodes
An optimized masternode implementation in Octane that allows users to put up coins as collateral and acts as a sort of savings bond, entitling the users to a piece of the network stake reward.  The savings bond effect acts as a stabilizing force in the cryptoeconomy and has proven to be a popular incentive for users.

Open Assets Protocol
Octane will implement the Open Assets protocol for the creation and transfer of colored coins on the blockchain.  The beauty of Open Assets is in its simplicity, and it will open the door for Octane to pursue things that other coins like Via have tried but stalled on.

XOR^2
More details on what the exciting XOR^2 is and how it works will be revealed in the future.

LETS Local Exchange Trading System
The development roadmap of Octane leads up to the implementation of a cryptocurrency equivalent of the traditional LETS system (Local Exchange Trading System) used by non-crypto complementary currencies.  LETS was invented in the early 1980's and has been digitized by a few products that essentially act as a database.  Octane will build out a cryptocurrency equivalent of the LETS concept, further cementing its position as a digital complementary currency.

Looks good.
Nice to see some activity Smiley

1HfpFYxBUpQ941mKd4DEjsyA22HN4Kerzu
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:34:40 PM

I think a longer proof of work time frame personally would have been a better choice however any developer has the right to operate their own project as they see fit......

I had the same oppinion but if dev will keep improving the coin maybe adding some new features, services etc it can be succesfull on it's own
mammix2
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:05:25 PM

I'm invested here, so want this to do well. Let's keep this momentum going with more new stuff!

Here is the Mac wallet for you all, compiled form the latest source code.  Grin

https://mega.nz/#!MQIy0T4Z!sZ3E1l6-aLGj-LsbDssuI5lsxWcuQ6SVum_dRsvqtk8

https://www.virustotal.com/sv/file/6d0a9829f32cf3cef7be1bc2b798ef958d56bbf8bdcf17be8ac1cc6c42843b62/analysis/1436458066/

If you feel like donating here is my Octane address Smiley
8e3NwLGZ7iMyXPGVQjKZCX34S1BC93rcYi

Thanks

jamescoineron (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:10:18 PM

I'm invested here, so want this to do well. Let's keep this momentum going with more new stuff!

https://www.virustotal.com/sv/file/6d0a9829f32cf3cef7be1bc2b798ef958d56bbf8bdcf17be8ac1cc6c42843b62/analysis/1436458066/

Thanks
Thx Mammix!  Added.
mammix2
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:09:25 PM

Thanks
Thx Mammix!  Added.

No worries,
And thanks to whoever sent me the tip Smiley

r-type

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:52:07 AM

Why no exchange yet? This coin is bringing more work than many  Roll Eyes

Exchanges, please add Octane I want to ttrade!!
jamescoineron (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:22:49 PM

Website is published at www.octane.space. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: