Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Avalon" ASIC, announcement & pre-order. pre-order over. project started.  (Read 98405 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:47:57 PM

Crap and while I slept they all disappeared. Bummer.

It's worse for the people who did everything they could to prepare, then watched them disappear while they were awake. That's really a bummer.

And I still haven't got a satisfactory explanation of how you can stop a customer who already  has more than their fair share of this shipment from getting even more. As it stands, the man who has already ordered #'s 0-200 can now order #'s 200-300 as long as he gets to the front of the 'queue' first.

I fail to see how holding another, even more over-subscribed free-for-all is going to improve the situation for those that missed out. It could easily make it worse.

Vires in numeris
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:55:29 PM

What if I miss these ~100 units?

How is it fair that any individual got +30 at $1299, and others end up paying $1999, perhaps months later when the equipment is less profitable?

This seems like a great way of consolidating the wealth of those that are already very wealthy. I cannot imagine being in a position to prioritise the spending of $40, 000 on mining equipment.

+1

Very frustrating situation :-(!
For me, the server overload was no surprise....at least without a few aws instance

The fairest I had found the limitation to one item per order.
You would have more happy customers and support the decentralization idea of bitcoin.

I got up in the middle of the night to give up frustrated 1.5h later.  Cry

Please reserve one avalon for all who have posted here and could not order!

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:00:22 PM

It's worse for the people who did everything they could to prepare, then watched them disappear while they were awake. That's really a bummer.

And I still haven't got a satisfactory explanation of how you can stop a customer who already  has more than their fair share of this shipment from getting even more. As it stands, the man who has already ordered #'s 0-200 can now order #'s 200-300 as long as he gets to the front of the 'queue' first.

I fail to see how holding another, even more over-subscribed free-for-all is going to improve the situation for those that missed out. It could easily make it worse.

actually, not.

we already take action to avoid this issue. we already reserve 100 units for fragmented customers, we will prepare the website and we will announce the 2nd launch time by mail-list.

How is it fair that any individual got +30 at $1299, and others end up paying $1999, perhaps months later when the equipment is less profitable?

This seems like a great way of consolidating the wealth of those that are already very wealthy. I cannot imagine being in a position to prioritise the spending of $40, 000 on mining equipment.

+1

For me, the server overload was no surprise....at least without a few aws instance

You would have more happy customers and support the decentralization idea of bitcoin.

awfully sorry.

i think the most important thing to do is to subscribe at avalon-asic.com , we will announce the 2nd wave time by mail-list. certainly , i will hint everybody in this thread too.  Cry
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:02:00 PM

We europeans are used to have to get up at strange hours during these kind of events and we never said a word, it happens to you one time and the last 5 pages of the thread are about the time of the release being to bad for you.

You are not kids... Grow.

ngzhang, i'm interested to know if this second branch of preorders will delay you. Will you have to wait a week (till when we send you the proof of wire transfer) for going live with the preorder another time?

Might i suggest to simply say to keep visiting your website, and to release y preorders randomly every x minutes (where x is rand(0, 600), y is rand(0, 5))?

I think it it would take you five minutes to write such a script Wink

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:03:21 PM

bummer

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:06:04 PM

we will announce the 2nd launch time by mail-list.

To those that have mailed you already?

Vires in numeris
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 03:06:38 PM

actually, not.

we already take action to avoid this issue. we already reserve 100 units for fragmented customers, we will prepare the website and we will announce the 2nd launch time by mail-list.

+1

awfully sorry.

i think the most important thing to do is to subscribe at avalon-asic.com , we will announce the 2nd wave time by mail-list. certainly , i will hint everybody in this thread too.  Cry

Awesome! Hook us up. Already signed up to the mailing list. At least I hope that part of the website works :p lool It would be quite sad to not receive a notice and miss it again.

Personally if I was running this I do one Avalon device per customer for the first pre-order batch and just sequentially do pre-order batches until they're all sold out.

ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:07:50 PM

We europeans are used to have to get up at strange hours during these kind of events and we never said a word, it happens to you one time and the last 5 pages of the thread are about the time of the release being to bad for you.

You are not kids... Grow.

ngzhang, i'm interested to know if this second branch of preorders will delay you. Will you have to wait a week (till when we send you the proof of wire transfer) for going live with the preorder another time?

Might i suggest to simply say to keep visiting your website, and to release y preorders randomly every x minutes (where x is rand(0, 600), y is rand(0, 5))?

I think it it would take you five minutes to write such a script Wink

Embarrassed

i promise, i will announce that time at least 1 day(24 hours) before we launch the 2nd wave. so please go sleep confidently.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 03:08:08 PM

I think he means those that clicked the subscribe button on his site.

yxt
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:08:45 PM

@cedivad
'm from Europe, but had to work late into the night, so technically it was not in the middle of the night, but after 3 hours of sleep  Wink

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:09:01 PM

you see, there is a "subscribe" function on our website... Avalon-asic.com
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:13:32 PM

actually, not.

awfully sorry.

How does any of what you've said address the problem of this being an oversubscribed lottery, where the wealthy and fortunate get preferential treatment? How will it stop people who already have 50, ordering another 50?

Vires in numeris
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:14:22 PM

# fragmented customers > 100?

no way to make everyone happy

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:18:42 PM

How does any of what you've said address the problem of this being an oversubscribed lottery, where the wealthy and fortunate get preferential treatment? How will it stop people who already have 50, ordering another 50?

Can you stop? Bitcoin will not solve your problems. Nor will losing (most probably) money on ASIC.

So? What's your point?

World is bad and everything is against me?

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:19:45 PM

close subscribe form

inform only the people who have already expressed interest minus those who could order

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:23:03 PM

Can you stop? Bitcoin will not solve your problems. Nor will losing (most probably) money on ASIC.

So? What's your point?

World is bad and everything is against me?

welcome ot the way the world works. bitcoin is a currency, not a commune. the security is distributed, not the wealth.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:27:19 PM

the security is distributed, not the wealth.

but we can try to change .... a little bit

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 04:44:20 PM

Since we seem to be discussing the fairness of all this, can you tell us how shipping them out will happen?

I would like to suggest that to be fair, the entire 300 unit batch should ship out at one time, rather than shipping some out ahead of others based on order number, order size, who emailed in advance, or some other criteria.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:03:51 PM

Since we seem to be discussing the fairness of all this, can you tell us how shipping them out will happen?

I would like to suggest that to be fair, the entire 300 unit batch should ship out at one time, rather than shipping some out ahead of others based on order number, order size, who emailed in advance, or some other criteria.

it's a 1-man 1-day op to ship them all.

So no problems that side.

No stupid lotteries and so on.

ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:52:59 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 09:17:53 AM by ngzhang

hi, every one. About order confimation work, please contact with Yifu, he managed all outside China orders, at the same time, I focus on local orders.
His mail is:  yifu.guo@avalon-asic.com

Regards
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: