Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:10:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Avalon" ASIC, announcement & pre-order. pre-order over. project started.  (Read 98402 times)
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:11:55 AM

any news?

edit: 

"The Avalon ASIC will outperform, dollar for dollar, the leading competitor by 20Gh/s."
not true anymore Sad 

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content.php/117-Announcement-BFL-ASIC-Release-specifications

also, the power consumption is pretty low, can Avalon beat that?

I can't resist

Only time will tell.....

yes i know, i was actually asking because of the second wave of pre-orders ... supposed to be this weekend?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:47:37 AM

All ASICs will have similar power specs, like FPGAs Wink
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:47:41 AM

We'll know in 4-6 weeks  Cheesy

(get it?? sarcasm  Roll Eyes )

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 06:40:32 AM

All ASICs will have similar power specs, like FPGAs Wink
That's not quite true. Most FPGA miners had similar performance and/or power usage because they all used the same chip, the Spartan-6 XC6LSLX150. The BFL Single used a different chip, IIRC, which is why it could get upwards of 450MH/s per chip, but at a higher power usage, and more heat.

Every manufacturer could potentially be using a different ASIC design, so they are not going to be as standarized, and performance and/or power consumption could be all over the board, way more than the FPGA world.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 07:45:17 AM

any news?

edit: 

"The Avalon ASIC will outperform, dollar for dollar, the leading competitor by 20Gh/s."
not true anymore Sad 

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content.php/117-Announcement-BFL-ASIC-Release-specifications

I can't resist

Only time will tell.....
I don't belive a word out of BFL anymore.
Not even a single word.

Toooooo many coincidences.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:43:51 AM

not true anymore Sad 

And don't forget another one bumps it's speed: the bASIC SHA256 Bitcoin Mining Device - BitcoinASIC.com https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79637.msg1229735#msg1229735
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 09:22:40 AM

not true anymore Sad 

And don't forget another one bumps it's speed: the bASIC SHA256 Bitcoin Mining Device - BitcoinASIC.com https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79637.msg1229735#msg1229735

Well, it's not actually faster in absolute terms (pre-release absolute terms), but it's definitely got a higher GH/s/$ than Avalon, either at pre-order $1299 or at full price $1999. There would have to be something seriously wrong with the way that the bASIC unit was delivering it's rated 54 Gh/s to make the Avalon's 60 GH/s worth $1999.

Vires in numeris
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:26:28 PM

Dear *@*,
My name is Yifu Guo, head of Operations here at Avalon ASIC. I would first like to apologize for the events that transpired at our launch. It was our mistake to underestimate the sheer demand for the product. This has caused us some issues that needed to be addressed. I believe "life is an ever-lasting self improvement." and from this mistake we will learn.
The possibility of an unforeseen occurrence was within expectations however, time is an important factor and limitation for this project. We scheduled plenty of leeway and with that said, no delay has occurred from this mishap, meanwhile Ngzhang is focusing on the hardware related tasks he excel at. In addition, transparency and open-source is also big factors in not just this project, but as our personal beliefs. I'll be providing information and internal logistics to you as they become available to better understand the big picture. As always, do not hesitate to contact me if your question is not answered below.
the Story so far...

The Avalon ASIC preorder launched at EDT 00:00 on the 23rd of September. The pre-order site exploded in activity and it was not long until we ran into some technical difficulties. To ameliorate the situation, we acted fast and pulled 100 orders out of the web shop to be re-released in another later date to give those who were locked out of the site another chance as well as those who simply missed the launch day. There will be another email detailing the exact time of this second wave of 100 units at least 24 hours before the event.
Why only 300 units?

It is not always selling more products and about profit. When it comes to ASICs, I believe having a solid time-line is crucial. To be frank, as a small start-up, we simply do not have the capabilities to handle large amount of orders at this time. Especially not to over-promise and under-deliver. I will however go on record and say we will have all of the 300 units shipped before the end of February, 2013. I hope you can understand our reasoning and again, we apologize in advance to those who are not able to submit an order.

I ordered, What now?

Those who managed to make it into the first-wave. If you chosen bitcoin as your payment method and have yet to receive an email, confirming or requesting to confirm your payment please contact me immediately. I’ll be manually checking over the orders to make sure everything is spot on before moving on to those who chosen wire transfer, sit tight we'll get to you.

Thank you for taking an interest in Avalon ASIC,
you’ll hear from us again and soon.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Cheesy

yeah, Yifu just sent the news letter above. i hope everyone will understand our attitude.

thanks again.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 07:36:32 PM

Dear *@*,
My name is Yifu Guo...

Those who managed to make it into the first-wave. If you chosen bitcoin as your payment method and have yet to receive an email, confirming or requesting to confirm your payment please contact me immediately. I’ll be manually checking over the orders to make sure everything is spot on before moving on to those who chosen wire transfer, sit tight we'll get to you.

I also received this email.

Having placed an order, I only ever received an email confirming my shipping details, product ordered, and payment method (bitcoin).  I paid to the bitcoin address shown on the website, but never received an email confirming payment.

Now when I try to reply to the email, my email bounces:

This is the Postfix program at host ********.*********.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<info@avalon-asic.com>: Name service error for avalon-asic.com: Host found but
    no data record of requested type

Reporting-MTA: dns; *******.*********.com
Arrival-Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 15:12:04 -0400 (EDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; info@avalon-asic.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Name service error for avalon-asic.com: Host found
    but no data record of requested type

I'm not sure why the error.  I am able to send emails to other hosts using this mail server, and the dns records for avalon-asic.com appear to be in order.

Has anyone else encountered this error when trying to email info@avalon-asic.com?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 08:03:25 PM

Dear *@*,
My name is Yifu Guo...

I also received this email.

Having placed an order, I only ever received an email confirming my shipping details, product ordered, and payment method (bitcoin).  I paid to the bitcoin address shown on the website, but never received an email confirming payment.

Now when I try to reply to the email, my email bounces:

This is the Postfix program at host ********.*********.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<info@avalon-asic.com>: Name service error for avalon-asic.com: Host found but
    no data record of requested type

Reporting-MTA: dns; *******.*********.com
Arrival-Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 15:12:04 -0400 (EDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; info@avalon-asic.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Name service error for avalon-asic.com: Host found
    but no data record of requested type

I'm not sure why the error.  I am able to send emails to other hosts using this mail server, and the dns records for avalon-asic.com appear to be in order.

Has anyone else encountered this error when trying to email info@avalon-asic.com?

PM  sent
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 06:46:42 AM

PM  sent

Ngzhang,

I've got a mail from you before your site went online confirming my order (before site went online orders were sent directly to you) but now I did not get the email with the address where to pay nor an answer from Yifu Guo whom I sent an email a few days ago asking for a confirmation of my order.

I'm send you a PM with my real name, can you confirm me my order status?

Thanks.

spiccioli
fuxianhui888

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:50:45 PM

when will the next wave be?not the last weekend?
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 06:33:13 PM

when will the next wave be?not the last weekend?

Please,

not during a weekend, I'm often away from a PC during weekends.

This whole thing is becoming a raffle Sad

spiccioli
Xfinity

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 08:40:15 PM

Mmm, still no email how to pay... How long before we can pay for our orders?

Donations (BTC): 1L8EcGAuaDNK4kNxAbEBawo8ZaeFZvibgj
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 07:48:16 AM

My favorite meme is: shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:12:26 AM

Again,
I'll keep this one short, the time for the second wave for Avalon order has been decided as follows. The website will launch the second wave of orders at 9:00am EDT, 10/03/2012. Good luck and thank you for purchasing Avalon ASIC.

Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 11:20:48 AM

Where did you quote that from? I didn't receive any announcement through the newsletter, as promised.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 11:28:32 AM

Where did you quote that from? I didn't receive any announcement through the newsletter, as promised.

From the newsletters. It might have been filtered to your spam inbox.

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 11:39:00 AM

I also haven't received the newsletter..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: