Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:34:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you accept austerity measures to stay in the Eurozone?
Yes - 15 (31.9%)
No - 32 (68.1%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek referendum  (Read 3607 times)
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:40:05 AM

The single currency immediately fell 1.5% to $1.101, down from $1.116 on Friday evening.

Two nights ago, traders though that Saturday was going to yield a short-term bailout extension for Greece.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:32:04 AM

The single currency immediately fell 1.5% to $1.101, down from $1.116 on Friday evening.

Two nights ago, traders though that Saturday was going to yield a short-term bailout extension for Greece.

There are chances that the Euro might even go below the the United States Dollar, if a NO verdict is delivered in the referendum. It is quite confusing, with most of the opinion polls conducted by the mainstream media giving the YES vote an advantage, while the gound reports indicating that NO is having an upper hand.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:35:04 AM

There are chances that the Euro might even go below the the United States Dollar, if a NO verdict is delivered in the referendum. It is quite confusing, with most of the opinion polls conducted by the mainstream media giving the YES vote an advantage, while the gound reports indicating that NO is having an upper hand.

I hope the EURO drops a good few cents so that the EU can learn a lesson from this ugly game they are playing. You can't call yourselves a EUROPEAN UNION when you tread one lot of nations as slave nations along with the Wall ST Sharks..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:23:31 AM

I hope the EURO drops a good few cents so that the EU can learn a lesson from this ugly game they are playing. You can't call yourselves a EUROPEAN UNION when you tread one lot of nations as slave nations along with the Wall ST Sharks..

Hmm... you don't get it. The European Union was a pet project by the Germans, to create the Fourth Reich. Germany is the ultimate decission maker within the EU, and that is the reason why countries such as the United Kingdom are considering seceding from the Union. The other minor countries, such as Greece and Portugal, are supposed to be the slaves of the Germans.
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:24:11 AM

According to me that is not the right step, if he keep asking public opinion votes then they will become accustomed with these and Greek people will demand the same as in future when Greek will rise up economically and socially, I am still sad for Greece for their unstable state.
Critics said Greece was being hammered by northern-European (usually German) ‎austerity-worshippers in a way that wouldn't even benefit the country. Defenders of the programme said the bailout cash would be wasted if Greece's economy were to be no more competitive when the aid programme ended.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:37:37 AM

well like all humans (myself included) those who have problems with the movement of cash from bank savings etc in Greece are sitting about going
damn...I"m screwed (a common problem I have last to the party ..missed out...end of the line..out of luck etc)

BUT during all this (but probably not much good to the Greek folk in question) I'm sure some 'wag' will tell them about Bitcoin and how
they could have done some transactions overseas and/or moved that w/o the bank and gov't issues

so imho IF this Greek exit stands and say there is a 50% drop in value for those poor folks $$$/property/etc say 2 or 3 months from now when all this
settles in their mind and they sort out wtf happened....

I'm pretty damn sure....that we are gonna get some BTC converts after the fact! Smiley

(As someone who always seems to trip over stuff after the fact)

anyway ..again imho it will be less about 'stashing euros/gold/etc' to using our BTC protocol in the future at least

(then again as a BTC kool aid drinker my views are suspect) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:47:30 PM

Hmm... you don't get it. The European Union was a pet project by the Germans, to create the Fourth Reich. Germany is the ultimate decission maker within the EU, and that is the reason why countries such as the United Kingdom are considering seceding from the Union. The other minor countries, such as Greece and Portugal, are supposed to be the slaves of the Germans.

Don't worry I totally get it and I am livid at the fact that the U.S and the rest of the EU hasn't put pressure on Germany at all to pay back its debt and war reparations to Greece and the Greek people but is rewarding and siding with the Nazi Agenda instead. What a selfish and one sided world we live in. I certainly don't want to be a part of this kind of EUROZONE.. I am sure the Brits will exit the EU in no time when their referendum takes place in 2017 and good that they are going to BREXIT as well, at least they see sense..Now they need to get rid of the German Queen they got as well lol.. I wonder how many Brits know they have a German Royal family ruling them rofl? Grin Grin Funny how they changed their name from SAXE-COBURG to WINDSOR to make it sound more English lol.. Peeps really need to read more history and educate themselves.. Greece also had a German King (OTTO) when they threw the Ottomans out..I just don't get that why couldn't they plonk a Greek dude on the throne if they wanted a king lol?

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:35:57 PM

what would happen if the Greek take that 12billion euro and buy bitcoin with it ? would we see the first decentralize bailout money economy and what would be the price of bitcoin if the buy at lease 50% of the 12b

Varoufakis mentioned that they might create some cryptocurrency and backed by Greek government. If it succeeds, then people will know that even a clone of bitcoin can save a country, then what bitcoin can achieve will be above the Mars  Grin

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:55:58 PM

they should just say NO, stand back on their on feets and ask for acceptance later, once they will be able to connect in "legit" way, not like last time..
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:36:51 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 04:47:18 PM by qiwoman2

what would happen if the Greek take that 12billion euro and buy bitcoin with it ? would we see the first decentralize bailout money economy and what would be the price of bitcoin if the buy at lease 50% of the 12b

Varoufakis mentioned that they might create some cryptocurrency and backed by Greek government. If it succeeds, then people will know that even a clone of bitcoin can save a country, then what bitcoin can achieve will be above the Mars  Grin

OMG when did he say it? I wrote to Varoufakis about a month ago and posted also on his blog to do this lol..I really hope they do it and succeed..I hope they remember haha..I think this is the best thing for Greece to do, to move to the future, not backwards..

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:41:27 PM

I am sure the Brits will exit the EU in no time when their referendum takes place in 2017 and good that they are going to BREXIT as well, at least they see sense.

The Brexit situation is very complex. Voting for Brexit means a vote for the disintegration of the United Kingdom (as the Scottish parliament has warned that in case of a Brexit, they will secede from the UK and join the EU on their own). So at least some of the anti-EU folks in England and Wales will be tempted to vote YES, in order to keep the Kingdom united.
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:55:41 PM

Sadly, it's too late for Greece. But other folks can be made aware of what's happening before it's too late for them.
ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:09:54 PM

I am wondering that, Greece being a member of an European Union, how come the union leader let their union part to fell down drastically which causes them to go down drastically to the level of bail out condition, there must be some jointly conference to monitor and caution their members while they are loosing control in crisis management.
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 05:28:52 PM

I feel sorry for the everyday people who where lead to this day by just a few crooks in power  Angry

If I was a Greek Citizen I would say, get out of the European Union all together and be in charge of your
own monetary policy and use BTC if at all possible.

what I don`t understand is why are the banks closed? I thought the banks had the peoples money in them.

or is it that fiat is just one big SCAM!  Wink

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:27:08 AM

I feel sorry for the everyday people who where lead to this day by just a few crooks in power  Angry

If I was a Greek Citizen I would say, get out of the European Union all together and be in charge of your
own monetary policy and use BTC if at all possible.

what I don`t understand is why are the banks closed? I thought the banks had the peoples money in them.

or is it that fiat is just one big SCAM!  Wink

Nah, all banks are insolvent. It happend the day they gave the first timed loan from untimed deposits.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:12:03 PM

Greek prime minister Alexis Tsipras just announced referendum to ask people about proposed IMF/ECB bailout conditions.
If majority of the people will vote for, austerity measures will be implemented (pension cuts, tax increases, layoffs, privatization etc).
Otherwise Greece have to default and most likely to leave Eurozone and/or European Union altogether.

We are today in October and the referendum was made. Everyone know the results of it. I saw even the results of the pool in this thread. I am thunderstruck by both of those. How is possible to not known the debt you have to someone? How is possible to vote to not give the money to the owner? How is possible that the people of bitcointalk be so ungrateful.

Greeks have made the life of sultans for decades with the money of the others and don't want to pay back those money to the owners. This is accepted by 60% of the Greeks and by 68% of bitcoiners (bitocointalkers). This is really sorrowful. I have no words about this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: