Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your biggest problem with Bitcoin  (Read 134994 times)
Jhacker

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 07:26:18 AM

It's not easy to solve unless you have a degree in computer science. Are there any easy to understand instructions on how to craft your transaction so there is no change anywhere? I mean really basic instructions that any idiot can understand.
I have such a degree... so I'll give it a shot.  I'm not at my node, so I'll have to do this off the top of my head.

1) I see your address is 1MkPr5qEaU5A7fuLx8cpqYfQSanQZptfBS
2) You can see that my address is 18MDTTiqPM8ZEo29Cig1wfGdkLNtvyorW5
3) I see that you have 8.40 mBTC
4) I propose you give me 1.0 mBTC for awesomeness
5) You hit the send button on your Bitcoin-Qt client.
6) You fill in my address as the to: 18MDTTiqPM8ZEo29Cig1wfGdkLNtvyorW5 for 1.0 mBTC
7) You fill in your address as the second recpt: 1MkPr5qEaU5A7fuLx8cpqYfQSanQZptfBS for 7.39 ( the 0.01 mBTC is for TX fee )
8.) If 8.40 is your total balance (can only see the one addr), then no change will get generated.

If your wallet has many addresses, and shows a total of 8976.54 mBTC then just change the amount going back to yourself as simply... all your money.

Here's the math (stay with me).

If you own 8976.54 mBTC in your wallet, and want to pay me (continuing theme) 1 mBTC.
  • 8976.54 - 1 (for payment to me) = 8975.54
  • 8975.54 - 0.01 (for transaction fee) = 8975.53
  • 8975.53 is what you send to yourself in the send window

I might do some screenshots, but I think this subject is getting a bit off in the weeds.

Suffice to say, post a thread "How do I send my change back to my Hot Wallet in Bitcoin-Qt (or whatever)" and you should get plenty of replies.  Easy stuff.

Sorry I use multibit and I put the wallet files for that address into deep cold storage to force myself to HODL my Bitcoins. I haven't noticed a second recpt address field in multibit so I cannot attempt your instructions. In fact I have never seen a second recpt address field in the qt for any alt coin either. Are there any normal alt coin qt wallets with second recpt address fields?

Working on implementing multiple to addresses now. It's not hard to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:34:04 AM

The confirmations of transactions getting delayed to much extent day by day, would appreciate if you can innovate something to overcome this issue, due to this delay there is some sort of skepticism occur on mind between buyer and seller regards to the trust.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:36:43 AM

Bitcoin is perfect, problem is the tech nerdy lot that populate this forum seem to not understand that the mainstream don't want to know about hashing, the blockchain tech, complicated wallets, etc etc.

Thats why Getgems will fill than void. Get Bitcoin away from the nerds at last!!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1117801.0

perfect i have my doubt, every small weakness about bitcoin make it less perfect, everything related to mining attack can fuck up bitcoin so badly, that it will hardly recover

The confirmations of transactions getting delayed to much extent day by day, would appreciate if you can innovate something to overcome this issue, due to this delay there is some sort of skepticism occur on mind between buyer and seller regards to the trust.

rise the fees for the moment, and everythign will be fine, this storm can't last forever
Jhacker

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 07:41:37 AM

My biggest problem with Bitcoin is, I don't know where the easiest and the safest place to keep it.
I want to use the Bitcoin core, but my PC couldn't handle it. So I use an online wallet, but I don't know if it's safe enough. Sad

Use an SPV wallet like Electrum. It doesn't download the whole blockchain.
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:21:10 PM

Since starting using localbitcoins.com (which has members offering instant Swish transaction), I really don't have a single problem. Perhaps that I have too few  Grin
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:43:57 PM

To me Bitcoin is already good in its current form, there is practically nothing I would want to add beside faster confirmation times.

For online payments it doesn't matter that much, but if you buy something expensive "offline" from a retail store, they would at least want to have 1 confirmation. Which can take up to an hour. In this case faster confirmation times would be a great welcome addition.
Actually a stores software could do the following:

1. Listen for doublespends.
2. Check transaction bytes and fee are valid and sensible.
3. Listen for propagation.

If you are well connected or hook up to some service that is you can accept the transaction in 1-10 seconds with a very high degree of certainty.
(If the item costs more than 2000$ its probably important enough that you can go get an icecream first before picking it up Wink )

There is a company already doing this I heard on LTB, but I forgot their name.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
scox

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:01:28 PM

Biggest problem: Its value increases when I want to buy Sad
Hit 301$ in preev.com just now.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:05:44 PM

getting scammed by ponzi - while i was supposed to have my first payout and they collapsed. in fact, i shouldn't invest unless they have enough data in which proves they aren't scamming.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:47:20 PM

sorry to hear that but you should have bought when the market was calm and the price was at the stable and low level.
back when it was $220, everybody was whining , that bitcoin is dying and we are selling and now everybody is regretting...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:49:04 PM

Biggest problem with bitcoin is the time.
It takes hours to confirm a transaction so it can be better like other coins to process faster.
You have the opposite of my problem
[IMO]
Faster transaction = Less secure
Slower transaction = more secure
 Grin

I'm wondering, how to solve this problem without making any problem even worse. Huh

Lol, let's make this ideal. Faster transaction = More secure, isn't it possible?
Check other coins and you will see Tongue

I'm not actually really understand about other coins, but these was the Biggest problem of all time. Grin

Well see dogecoin, it doesnt take 30 min to make just 1 confirm. It's pretty fast than bitcoin and the fees are very low.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:10:28 PM

A big problem is that governments can't control bitcoin like fiat currency. They can't print it up to go fight wars whenever they want (could be a good argument for bitcoin bringing peace). This is a problem because it's made bitcoin even more volatile, made bitcoin out to be a house of cards that the government flick over with one finger.

He is right..??
http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-biggest-problems-with-bitcoin-right-now
yeponlyone

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:19:33 PM

Dammit, you found one problem that I also have! My investments in bitcoin is by far over and I am is perfectly fine with a $230 price. +300 will have me hesitate and wait for a drop
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:12:46 PM

The biggest problem with Bitcoin is the 1 MB maximum blocksize limit and the lack of adaptive blocksize limits. Take an look in this thread and see how many people are complaining about transactions taking too long to confirm. This is directly related to the fixed blocksize limit that has made the recent "stress tests" / "attacks"  economically feasible. Now take a look at https://blockchain.info/ and find that most blocks are very close to the limit. Then take a look at https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions. It is very easy to attack a network, that is already running very close to capacity with legitimate transactions, with "stress tests". 

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:34:45 AM

Maybe some of this will be passed on to Bitcoin devs to address some of the problems with Bitcoin that many are experiencing including myself. For me I have problems on SSD drive that ever time trying to run ends up crashing when trying to load after fully successfully downloading block chain running in background and then closing, after a few days of being off and then running again will end up in some way crashing or end up blue screening my system. I would strongly advise to making a compact version of block chain or re invent the BTC wallet so it only has to read the data from one place online or being cloud supportive and reads and indexes everything and reduces amount of space took up on system.

1 Improve size / disc space used and be less than 1GB used..
2 Improve speed in downloading blockchain. ID seepds would be good if wallet can handle the bandwidth and connections better like torrent speeds and downloading. Maybe to take some of the features out of torrent to handle downloading of block chain on to system.
3 Maybe to remake bitcoin wallet so that it is not fully dependent on miners needed to confirm all confirmations needed. After x amount of it being confirmed it then gets some system to process the remaining ones that does not effect the tx fee for miners.
4 to have a a banking system in a way like POS or get reward for keeping coins in wallet in methods that can benefit everyone who keeps so much of it their from extra satoshis or to some electronic goods or vouchers.

Maybe some good or some bad or stupid I dont know but casting my problems and also some ideas to make things better.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Jhacker

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 04:23:03 AM

sorry to hear that but you should have bought when the market was calm and the price was at the stable and low level.
back when it was $220, everybody was whining , that bitcoin is dying and we are selling and now everybody is regretting...

That's when I got in. There's just too much investment pouring in to bitcoin related technologies and startups for it to stay down very long.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:00:28 AM

The biggest problem i have right now is the drama between the Chinese miners thinking they own bitcoin because they got a mafia setup with the bitcoin miner companies to no accept the bigger block size.

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 05:12:27 AM

I don't think the bitcoin technicalities are much of a problem since all technical difficulties can be systematized with proper time and devotion. For me the main concern is the mentality of the bitcoin users. For a currency that is so new and a economy that is so fragile, people expects too much from bitcoin. So whenever some faults appear, people get all so judgmental about it. When they really should do is try to find some solutions to that problem.

Wink Cheesy Tongue Cheesy p.s: I think I just described most of the new users in the forum.   Wink Cheesy Tongue Cheesy

miragecash

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:23:20 AM

No peer to peer banking app. If my programming time isn't already 100 percent occupied with other projects already, I'd code one. It seems to me that it is a waste of bitcoins to have it just sit in your wallet all the time. You should have a banking app that will allow you to loan your bitcoins out with interest based on a borrower's credit score. Your money should be working for you, making interest and dividends, not just sitting in your wallet.

Have a blockchain like app with multiple decentralized servers take deposits. Then, this app will make loans with interest based on credit scores. The app will then pay the depositors interest minus a reasonable fee for the people running the servers. This would act as a bank without the crazy banking fees and our taxes being given away to "bail out" shitty banksters that will only use the money to throw fancy parites with hookers and champagne! Computer servers don't need hookers and champagne.

There should be automated apps that take the place of all financial services which are currently run by corrupt banksters and lawyers.
yeponlyone

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:26:00 PM

The biggest problem i have right now is the drama between the Chinese miners thinking they own bitcoin because they got a mafia setup with the bitcoin miner companies to no accept the bigger block size.

Dealing with the Chinese mafia, I would also consider a problem Wink

But on a serious note: Let us see if they can can, or rather will, create some actual problems. They are after all depending on the fact that they can sell their mined coins. Too much drama would, I think, hurt bitcoin price-wise.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 06:24:44 PM

My biggest problem to start with was actually trying to get hold of them. i started off using paypal to buy lindens to convert but it took ages and was obviously over priced.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: