Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:48:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pirate speaks  (Read 12933 times)
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 05:26:11 PM

I am starting to think he does have a lawyer but not to protect him but to help figure out how to run.

If he is a scammer, he would have to be extremely stupid to not have already run off before he announced that he was closing up shop.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 07:24:11 PM

If he is a scammer, would have already gone and all he has done until now was not necessary.
If he lost all bitcoins in a bad business, we will not recover it with a lawsuit.
If money is frozen for a bad decision, we will not recover faster with a lawsuit.

I would expect the 12, to see what happens.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:29:07 PM

If he is a scammer, would have already gone and all he has done until now was not necessary.
If he lost all bitcoins in a bad business, we will not recover it with a lawsuit.
If money is frozen for a bad decision, we will not recover faster with a lawsuit.

It's called denial.
Don't worry, you'll get over it eventually. I think.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 07:36:09 PM

It's called denial.
Don't worry, you'll get over it eventually. I think.

I have no hurry. Wink

Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

<@pirateat40> Those looking to file a suit against me or BTCST will not be eligible for repayment.

I would be fascinated to know on what legal ground, he believes this statement is enforceable. 

Let's use a little common sense.  He is essentially taking the position of "I know I breached this contract with you. But if you sue me for breach of contract I will never pay you!" 

Good luck with that. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
BCMan

Activity: 535

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:55:57 PM

Burn the bitch!
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:57:04 PM

<@pirateat40> Those looking to file a suit against me or BTCST will not be eligible for repayment.

I would be fascinated to know on what legal ground, he believes this statement is enforceable. 

Let's use a little common sense.  He is essentially taking the position of "I know I breached this contract with you. But if you sue me for breach of contract I will never pay you!" 

Good luck with that. 

What contract?  Does anyone actually have a signed contract?  A loan document?  Even a promissory note?  

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 08:01:27 PM

Good luck with that. 

I see it logic from the point of view that if you file a suit against me for unpaid, I can't pay you until the legal process is over.So you're excluded from any payments starting from that date.

Nolo

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:02:32 PM

Good luck with that. 

What contract?  Does anyone actually have a signed contract?  A loan document?  Even a promissory note?  

I was just using the contract statement as an analogy.  I could of used a tort reference.  "I know I hit you with my car.  But if you sue me I won't pay your medical bills!"

But since you brought up the contract thing, a contract doesn't have to be in writing.  There are only a few exceptions to this rule, and this is referred to as the Statute of Frauds.  Namely, contracts for the sale of goods in excess of $500, contracts that cannot be performed within 1 year, and contracts for the sale/purchase of real estate.

So there might be a breach of contract claim based on conduct.  

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
Nolo

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:04:19 PM

Good luck with that. 

I see it logic from the point of view that if you file a suit against me for unpaid, I can't pay you until the legal process is over.So you're excluded from any payments starting from that date.

Possibly, but that's not how I took it from the context of his statement.  Plus, even if that were the case, if I filed a lawsuit against him I'm free to dismiss it at anytime I want.  So if he started paying people I could always drop the suit. 

He's basically just trying to use a scare tactic to try to keep people from filing suits against him. 

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 08:21:58 PM

Good luck with that. 

Possibly, but that's not how I took it from the context of his statement.  Plus, even if that were the case, if I filed a lawsuit against him I'm free to dismiss it at anytime I want.  So if he started paying people I could always drop the suit. 

He's basically just trying to use a scare tactic to try to keep people from filing suits against him. 

(Obviously I'm a believer  Grin)

If he's trying to pay, do not blame him for try don't have problems with authority.

In addition is possible that there things of questionable legality that a lawsuit ( even if removed ) could uncover, that would be bad for everyone.

Nolo

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:24:33 PM

Good luck with that. 

(Obviously I'm a believer  Grin)

If he's trying to pay, do not blame him for try don't have problems with authority.

In addition is possible that there things of questionable legality that a lawsuit ( even if removed ) could uncover, that would be bad for everyone.

Well I think it's a positive that he hasn't completely disappeared off the face of the Earth yet, never to be heard from again.  So hopefully he does follow through. 

thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:34:53 PM

What contract?  Does anyone actually have a signed contract?  A loan document?  Even a promissory note? 

I'm pretty sure accepting consideration is considered a contract.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:47:45 PM

I almost feel bad about having principles and not taking advantage of all these idiots. This guy is playing the Ponzi scam book line by line. This is so easy it's insane.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:59:32 PM

What contract?  Does anyone actually have a signed contract?  A loan document?  Even a promissory note? 

I'm pretty sure accepting consideration is considered a contract.

Only some people have contracts with pirate, many others have contracts with the PPT operators.  While people can probably prove the elements of offer, acceptance and consideration, there could still be problems with enforcing.  Courts will not enforce contracts for things which are illegal in their jurisdiction, so some (or even all) aspects of the contracts people have with pirate or the PPT operators may be unenforceable.  It is up to the plaintiffs to prove their claims and that means proving that pirate controlled the addresses to which they sent their BTC.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:02:16 PM

I almost feel bad about having principles and not taking advantage of all these idiots. This guy is playing the Ponzi scam book line by line. This is so easy it's insane.
You'd have to wait for some time though. Right now the community is in the phase of moral hangover. When the pirate thing finally fades out, they'll be all bullish for ponzi schemes (and other scams) again.

I don't feel bad. I am disgusted, disappointed and ashamed of other people's idiocy. Even NOW there are still people who still trust pirate at least to some extent. I mean... how is that even possible? They must be completely, utterly retarded, for christ's sake! Only the fact that they've lost large sums of money provides me a little satisfaction. Anyway, I'm enraged. I'm trying to laugh it off, but I guess this is just too much for me.

I guess the quote in my sig pretty much sums it up. Fucking greed is in all of you. And you don't know how to control it yet.

/rant

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:04:01 PM

Are you suggesting stop trying to get justice?

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:14:53 PM

Good luck with that. 

Does this count?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Loan - Storage
notme

By investing with pirateat40 (Trendon Shavers) you agree to allow your coins to be traded or sold at anytime to anyone. Your balance will remain unchanged regardless if there are pending transactions conducted by pirateat40. In return you will be paid 1% per day in interest that will be paid out every 3 days starting on your deposit date.  In the event you wish to withdraw your funds you must make a request via IRC or email (trendon@buscog.com).  You will receive the your withdraw within 24 hours, minus any interest earned until the next interest payout date.

Your deposit address is 1RyHc22Ma7UZDjjG1pdQREhA4bbAZPHZG

pirateat40

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=8uKU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE----

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:17:56 PM

Go ahead try it.  I think you will fail.  It's not easy.  In fact it looks like it was difficult.  If pirateat40 was running a ponzi I don't think his return on effort was all that much.  And his return gets worse as time passes.

Classic Ponzi schemes have a negative return on effort.

• Bernie Madoff worked for full time for 20 years on his business and recovered nothing.  His son killed himself and he got a 150 year prison sentence.
  • Charles Ponzi work full time on his business for 2 years and recovered nothing.  He spent 14 years in prision and was then deported to Italy.  He died in poverty.
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 09:20:35 PM

You'd have to wait for some time though. Right now the community is in the phase of moral hangover. When the pirate thing finally fades out, they'll be all bullish for ponzi schemes (and other scams) again.

I don't feel bad. I am disgusted, disappointed and ashamed of other people's idiocy. Even NOW there are still people who still trust pirate at least to some extent. I mean... how is that even possible? They must be completely, utterly retarded, for christ's sake! Only the fact that they've lost large sums of money provides me a little satisfaction. Anyway, I'm enraged. I'm trying to laugh it off, but I guess this is just too much for me.

I guess the quote in my sig pretty much sums it up. Fucking greed is in all of you. And you don't know how to control it yet.

/rant

I do not understand people who have nothing to do with pirate and are fucking around these threads, like with bitcoinica, etc.

The whole community is focused on the money ... bitcoin is money and BTCST seemed a good investment, want it back is not greed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: