Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:56:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do ?  (Read 1671 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:02:02 PM

I really have no idea what to do next , Bitcoin is not very known (not known at all) on my country and not sure if I should sell or not
I can sell my BTC for Skrill or whatever then sell it to someone I know for our local currency , however not sure if I should do that or keep holding, I have little bit more then 1 BTC .. and I will be making some (profit only) on the future

What do you advice me , should I sell them ? because I'am afraid it will be just worst on the end 2016 (halving block reward)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:09:47 PM

Well, first can you tell us where you come from? This makes it much more easier to give you an advice.

Why are you afraid of the block halving? I guess the most are certain of it that there will be no negative impact. In contrary, it very likely will have positive impact on price. Also I guess it is not a good time to sell. The problems around Greece will push the price for the next time. So if you want to sell, wait some more days/weeks.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:14:41 PM

Well, first can you tell us where you come from? This makes it much more easier to give you an advice.

Why are you afraid of the block halving? I guess the most are certain of it that there will be no negative impact. In contrary, it very likely will have positive impact on price. Also I guess it is not a good time to sell. The problems around Greece will push the price for the next time. So if you want to sell, wait some more days/weeks.

for country , that would be algeria .
well I'am afraid that Bitcoin dies before the halving block reward , shit happens sometimes to good people  Embarrassed for what comes to greece I saw that Kim Dotcom tweet about Greece and how we should buy Bitcoin & gold but didn't really took it seriously

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:21:33 PM

well I'am afraid that Bitcoin dies before the halving block reward , shit happens sometimes to good people  Embarrassed for what comes to greece I saw that Kim Dotcom tweet about Greece and how we should buy Bitcoin & gold but didn't really took it seriously

I think its not a good time to sell bitcoins, please try holding on for 2-3 years if possible, you will get a very good return. The price is about to drop and rise and it might not be so profitable, to deal now. One might even incur loss. And bitcoin isn't dying so soon, mate. Not from halving block, at all.

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:29:30 PM

When you dont need the money, than i would not sell your 1 Bitcoin.
That are only 250 Dollar, so you can lose a lot.

Maybe in a few month or years bitcoin will be very popular.
In my opinion you can more win than lose when you dont sell your bitcoin.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:37:35 PM

I think its not a good time to sell bitcoins, please try holding on for 2-3 years if possible, you will get a very good return. The price is about to drop and rise and it might not be so profitable, to deal now. One might even incur loss. And bitcoin isn't dying so soon, mate. Not from halving block, at all.

I can hold but just afraid I will regret it , and if I sell I may regret even more , It would be very nice to see the price at 1000$ or something in couple of years  Roll Eyes

When you dont need the money, than i would not sell your 1 Bitcoin.
That are only 250 Dollar, so you can lose a lot.

Maybe in a few month or years bitcoin will be very popular.
In my opinion you can more win than lose when you dont sell your bitcoin.

I can hold for whatever it takes , I'am just a teenager , I don't have bills to pay I don't have to pay for eat , I don't have to pay for rant , nothing Grin I live with my parents so yeah don't really need money

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:48:53 PM

Use localbitcoin, or you can follow this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238228.0
Waiting for halving time is good idea I think, it possible the price will rise because demand is more than supply.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:56:24 PM

Don;t have the fear that you will regret your decisions, live with no regrets nevertheless. You should study about bitcoin as much as you can and believe completely in what you have invested your money, the money will roll out when it should. Don't you worry about that, the good days will come but satisfy your conscience by learning as much as you can about where you have invested your money.
gr8n8

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:08:07 PM

I really have no idea what to do next , Bitcoin is not very known (not known at all) on my country and not sure if I should sell or not
I can sell my BTC for Skrill or whatever then sell it to someone I know for our local currency , however not sure if I should do that or keep holding, I have little bit more then 1 BTC .. and I will be making some (profit only) on the future

What do you advice me , should I sell them ? because I'am afraid it will be just worst on the end 2016 (halving block reward)

I'm curious how did you buy your 1BTC?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:22:14 PM

probably via skrill, seeing how he mentioned it, for selling or via mining 2 years ago

OP@ you should not sell now ever, the price has just started to recover, would be silly to dump for a few pennies

do you need desperately the money right now? then ok, go ahead and sell, otherwise, if you don't need them for an emergency hold, because 2016 will bring some good surprise
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:29:21 PM

learn more about it and make your own decision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0oDDIy0P2s

OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:38:39 PM

probably via skrill, seeing how he mentioned it, for selling or via mining 2 years ago

OP@ you should not sell now ever, the price has just started to recover, would be silly to dump for a few pennies

do you need desperately the money right now? then ok, go ahead and sell, otherwise, if you don't need them for an emergency hold, because 2016 will bring some good surprise

For the user above , as I said onthe thread no I didn't buy any Bitcoin , those has been earned 100% profit so didn't use any money to get it . and it was this year (because I was selling my Bitcoin on 2014 but decided to hold them)

for what comes to your question Amph , Money is the last thing I need now I don't need it at all , as I reponsded to the user above I'am just a teenager and I have all I need I have no rant , don't need to buy food , don't need to pay bills or whatever , just living my with my brothers & sisters and my parents Grin and enjoying working online .
ty for your suggestions and helpful comments everyone

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:46:20 PM

1 BTC is nothing, unless you are from a very poor 3rd world country or something. I would say keep holding and keep buying and try to put some of it into use once you get a decent 5 BTC base (isolate 1 BTC to trade with it, loans, gamble, whatever)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:06:22 PM

1 BTC is nothing, unless you are from a very poor 3rd world country or something. I would say keep holding and keep buying and try to put some of it into use once you get a decent 5 BTC base (isolate 1 BTC to trade with it, loans, gamble, whatever)

I don't think I'am from the mentioned country  Roll Eyes I said i'am from algeria which is very rich of oil and gaz .
I know it's nothing and I most likely can make 5 BTC from now till the end of the summer but I will still have the same question "sell it or keep it"

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:28:52 PM

Why would it get worse with the block halving? If anything the price should go up and hopefully bitcoin will already be worth much more by then. If you need the money then cash it out in whatever way is easier, but if you don't then I'd personally hold it for a year or two as an investment and see where it is then.
dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:48:54 AM

I don't think I'am from the mentioned country  Roll Eyes I said i'am from algeria which is very rich of oil and gaz .
I know it's nothing and I most likely can make 5 BTC from now till the end of the summer but I will still have the same question "sell it or keep it"
People are talking about 1000's and more, your worries are only about 5 BTC, there are people who invested huge money on bitcoins and awaiting confidently and patiently for the rise in bitcoin value, you have to note one thing, we shouldn't count bitcoin only for the purpose of buying and selling exchange rates value, we should look at the Bitcoin as a digital currency with a revolution technology called as an open accounting system which enables us to send payment securely and safely without being controlled by any central authority.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:54:56 AM

well I'am afraid that Bitcoin dies before the halving block reward , shit happens sometimes to good people  Embarrassed

Bitcoin will die not out of nothing. There is much economical uncertainty which usually helps alternative "goods" like Bitcoin.
It only will struggle or fail if some flaws come up. I don't see such flaws at the moment. Life is always to take risk. No one here can give you an appropriate advice. You have got some information and now you need to decide on your own.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 11:25:01 AM

i can suggest you to hold it, im pretty sure that this is just the beginning and things will change a lot in the next years, so maybe the best thing you can do is just to hold it.

Bitcoin is not very known (not known at all) on my country and not sure if I should sell or not

dont worry about your country, bitcoins is the money of the world, not like a fiat money in your country, dont know if you understand what i wantto say Wink, so dont worry about it.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:02:23 PM

For chrissake, in Algeria, keep your coin, sell only a fraction at the time if you really really have to.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:03:10 PM

Well ask yourself do you believe bitcoin will be liked when it is "known" more by your country?

Do you not want anything to do with bitcoin because if you only have one then what is the problem? It sounds like you have invested more than you can afford to lose and are a little scared. Cash out enough that you will be happy to stay with and not have fear of loss over bitcoin.

As I said above what I advise, only invest what you can afford to lose fella. Sell how ever much of that coin you need to calm you down and enjoy and have hope bitcoin.

When the halving arrives and bitcoin becomes a little more rare and half the amount of coins dumped daily, why would that make you affraid?
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:27:14 AM

dont worry about if its not known or not, cause its a matter of when.

and that when will happen when you least expect it, just focus on what you provide services to others to get more bitcoin to avoid end of 2016 or not. If youre that concerned you can cash some while doing this too. Thats if you got a great service provided to the forum itself.

lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:50:30 AM

well first of all don't should have the fear that you will regret your decisions and  live with no regrets nevertheless. You should study about bitcoin as much as you can and believe completely in what you have invested your money, the money will roll out when it should. Don't you worry about that, the good days will come but satisfy your conscience by learning as much as you can about where you have invested your money. Should always carefully about market place and have to be keep eyes on wall as usual   

Its funny how you mention that cause most people dont know the very basics. I agree on learning much about bitcoin because basics like backing up a bitcoin balance or knowing how to do it so crucial then just having bitcoin.

Example knowing how to place the wallet.dat file..

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:32:30 AM

well first of all don't should have the fear that you will regret your decisions and  live with no regrets nevertheless. You should study about bitcoin as much as you can and believe completely in what you have invested your money, the money will roll out when it should. Don't you worry about that, the good days will come but satisfy your conscience by learning as much as you can about where you have invested your money. Should always carefully about market place and have to be keep eyes on wall as usual   

Its funny how you mention that cause most people dont know the very basics. I agree on learning much about bitcoin because basics like backing up a bitcoin balance or knowing how to do it so crucial then just having bitcoin.

Example knowing how to place the wallet.dat file..

Learning is a continuous process, one can never know too much haha.i think an investor should believe in his project and a believer should invest in his project. The more you know, the better decisions you take. Its always better to check yourself than wreck yourself.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:58:54 AM

isn't the answer simple now? the market is moving up quite well, you should not sell at any cost, keeps your bitcoin instead, many more surprise will come with the grexit, also the beaty of bitcoin, is that it does not matter if in your country is unknown, because its value is determinating globally, so in the event that your country will fall, bitcoin will always retain some value, so trust me, you should hold for now

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:37:15 PM

It is better to hold the coins now. I don't think the halving have much impact on the price right now. And like TinEye said no matter what happens to  currency of your country, bitcoin will still hold it's value as its value is determined globally.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:08:13 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2015, 03:42:39 AM by mayflor2

You should tell what country you belong to to get a proper advice on such matters. However, selling Bitcoins isn't a great idea at the moment. I suggest you to keep them for 3-5 years and wait for the prices to go up (which shall imo). But mostly you should research a little more and make your own decisions on such matters. You won't have to credit/blame anyone then.

PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:15:24 AM

If you are not in an economic situation that allows you to keep bitcoin as an invest then I would sell and acquire gold or something stable.  I don't know much about the economic conditions of your country but it sounds like you are not exactly in a position to gamble heavily on bitcoin becoming a standard that will stand the test of time.  Best of luck.  Smiley

HigsonPP

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:19:13 AM

If you are not in an economic situation that allows you to keep bitcoin as an invest then I would sell and acquire gold or something stable.  I don't know much about the economic conditions of your country but it sounds like you are not exactly in a position to gamble heavily on bitcoin becoming a standard that will stand the test of time.  Best of luck.  Smiley

Yeah, you should invest in gold or anything stable, as you can't gamble up your capital. However, if possible, please don't withdraw the money from your bitcoin wallet right now. Let it be there for 2-3 years more and it will be really beneficial for you

Mehek

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:55:44 AM

just keep your money right inside your wallet and wait for it to boom the fuck up man. Otherwise, if you really need to exit btc, take all that money and put it into gold, that can also benefit you. Otherwise stocks is smart money Wink
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:48:52 PM

Dear friend. 1 bitcoin is nothing. Are nothing even 10 bitcoin. If you wait to profit from 1 bitcoin will need to wait ten or more years. I suggest that do not sell that bitcoin you have since the profit you will have (or the loss) is none (at least having in mind the level of living in my country). But if you will have it you will have the satisfaction to be owner of a wonderful product which make you part of a little group of privileged peoples and that are the open mind people in the world.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:02:41 PM

Not just your country, mine also having lack of interest for bitcoin holder since it's quite difficult to convince them to use bitcoin just like local currency.
At least we are lucky people actually for having bitcoin all the time, so just keep hold bitcoin will make change for future. A big chanGe  Cool
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:45:12 PM

Op, don't be paranoid and don't listen to every troll who wish bitcoin death. We can see articles about how bitcoin is dead popping every week.
These are written by stupid antibitcoin hates who don't know what they are writing about check for yourself: https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/
My favourite is: 'Bitcoin revealed: a Ponzi scheme for redistributing wealth from one libertarian to another' – The Washington Post.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: