Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scrypt.cc is provably lying about their 850GH/s Scrypt mining  (Read 13484 times)
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:25:09 PM

I thought scrypt.cc was already proven to be a ponzi, and is currently "being hacked" before likely disappearing with the remaining coins; why are people still discussing wether or not its a ponzi?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:37:55 PM

I thought scrypt.cc was already proven to be a ponzi, and is currently "being hacked" before likely disappearing with the remaining coins; why are people still discussing wether or not its a ponzi?

The original Scrypt.cc thread has become a raging debate/flamewar/etc. between those like yourself who see facts and those who continue to defend Scrypt.cc. cryptodevil started this thread to post/discuss his factual research and analysis to ostensibly keep it separate from the other thread. There's unfortunately quite a lot of people who believe SCC will come back from all of this, pay out, keep on trucking, etc.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:16:05 PM

The original Scrypt.cc thread has become a raging debate/flamewar/etc. between those like yourself who see facts and those who continue to defend Scrypt.cc. cryptodevil started this thread to post/discuss his factual research and analysis to ostensibly keep it separate from the other thread. There's unfortunately quite a lot of people who believe SCC will come back from all of this, pay out, keep on trucking, etc.

as for those who continue to defend them, all I can say is ignorance is bliss; those people want to believe that they will continue to get paid and will not lose their investments, despite being faced with all this evidence against them.

whoof

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:35:14 PM

Oh man, this really has to be some serious obsession ... I know that your intentions are right but you clearly missing the fact that people who trust scrypt.cc will never believe YOU no matter what, its like trying to convince people 911 was a lie ok? Just cut it out it doesnt make any sense. I joined scrypt.cc about 3 months ago with clear intentions, nobody forced me to do it, its a matter of trust. Like religion. You cant convince people god doesn´t exist if they believe he does and vice versa. And blaming the "greedy investors"? What a fuck. Are you trying to tell me that im robbing some Paul and im taking his money? Should I feel bad about it? Everybody has a piece of meat in the head and its called brain! I took the risk same like Paul did, why you keep telling bullshit about karma and stuff like that? IF scrypt.cc is a fraud its owners own conscience and he is responsible for that.... Im fully aware of some weird stuff happening but you dont know the big picture. and all you can do is have your opinion about it. As I stated before I know you your intentions are right but you also should figure out when its better to just leave it alone.

Peace
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 05:41:39 PM

Oh man, this really has to be some serious obsession ... I know that your intentions are right but you clearly missing the fact that people who trust scrypt.cc will never believe YOU no matter what, its like trying to convince people 911 was a lie ok? Just cut it out it doesnt make any sense. I joined scrypt.cc about 3 months ago with clear intentions, nobody forced me to do it, its a matter of trust. Like religion. You cant convince people god doesn´t exist if they believe he does and vice versa. And blaming the "greedy investors"? What a fuck. Are you trying to tell me that im robbing some Paul and im taking his money? Should I feel bad about it? Everybody has a piece of meat in the head and its called brain! I took the risk same like Paul did, why you keep telling bullshit about karma and stuff like that? IF scrypt.cc is a fraud its owners own conscience and he is responsible for that.... Im fully aware of some weird stuff happening but you dont know the big picture. and all you can do is have your opinion about it. As I stated before I know you your intentions are right but you also should figure out when its better to just leave it alone.

Peace

There is a clear line between convincing a truth and convincing a belief.

Many newbie promoters lately. Roll Eyes

as for those who continue to defend them, all I can say is ignorance is bliss; those people want to believe that they will continue to get paid and will not lose their investments, despite being faced with all this evidence against them.

whoof

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:53:21 PM

But they wouldnt believe the truth until they get burned ... then you will see them screaming and whining .. they just dont care til they get paid .. its sad but theres no chance driving them away
chalkboard17

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:35:42 PM

Is this site claiming to be brazilian based? Brazil's got one of the most expensive energy prices. I am surprised nobody ever took a look at this. I am struggling to mine with solar panels (and being robbed by waldohoover) here. No way somebody is mining 850gh/s in Brazil. He would need to have a gigantic solar farm or steal electricity which would be easy at small scale but very hard at such scale, not to say impossible.
I doubt he is brazilian. Marcelo Santos is a very generic name, Marcelo is one of top 10 first names and santos top 3 surnames.

if this goes by the 0.01% possibility that is not a scam, I would love to visit their farm!

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:50:36 AM

its a matter of trust. Like religion. You cant convince people god doesn´t exist if they believe he does and vice versa.

It is a bit like that.

If God existed and wanted to have people believe in Him, He could prove His existence to us. Write "Hey guys, I'm God and I exist" in the stars or something.

If scrypt.cc was mining and not simply paying investors with their own deposits and wanted to prove it, they could provide proof of solvency, and show us the blocks they are mining. Write "Hey guys, I'm Scrypy.cc and I'm mining" in all the coinbases they mine or something.

Neither chooses to do so. That doesn't prove that they aren't real, but it leaves room for doubts that could easily be avoided.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:54:33 AM

All ponzi get popular after some months of paying but do not forget
Ponzi = scam
But ponzi aslo profit if you know how to make it and if you don't close the page.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:23:23 AM

All ponzi get popular after some months of paying but do not forget
Ponzi = scam
But ponzi aslo profit if you know how to make it and if you don't close the page.

Nope, not all ponzi get popular. Many of the newly emerged ponzis are being identified and people won't invest in it at the beginning. What I could say is scrypt.cc's owner is very lucky. Less than 1 in 1000 ponzis could become as successful as scrypt.cc.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:30:49 AM

I think part of the reason scrypt.cc is so able to convince these marks they should invest is the longevity of the scam. They are able to claim they've been running since early last year when the truth is that, as far as I can tell, for several months they dropped off the radar somewhat due to 'Admin' claiming to have been hospitalised.

I wonder what level of 'business' they were doing during that period. Because they appear to have suddenly increased their claimed hashrate to absurd levels much later in the year, probably to coincide with the release of actual Scrypt ASIC miners. They do seem to utilise certain events to try and paint an impression that they are legitimate. The timing of their 'power outage' was clearly meant to coincide with a marked drop in LTC hashrate that occurs routinely, so they could assert it was the result of their miners going offline and play with the numbers-on-the-screen to their advantage during the panic.

It would also mean that they'd have a small group of 'investors' who had been swinging the lead for those several months of limited performance from the site but who are likely to be looking at much larger actual profit from being early 'investors' once 'Admin' performed his magical ASIC-making trick and upped the game later in the year.

If you check out the scrypt.cc thread you will see barely anything being posted for the first few months and lots of indicators that people believed it was about to go *poof*! Because it didn't he now has an army of joyous marks who will rabidly defend his amazing 'investment' site for reason that have already been cited here, namely, "Fuck you, I'm getting mine".

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
whoof

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:35:49 AM

uhm .. as to the electricity rates .. its not a complete fairy tale because right at the times of power outage there was a huge raise in electricity rates in Brazil, you can search for that ... also its not true that Brazil has one of the highest costs ... theres abundance of electricity thanks to hydroplants... maybe the contract he claimed to negotiate is not impossible dunno. I would like to underline im not trying to defend anybody i really dont know.. few months ago I only knew that there is a bitcoin and im just learning about it Smiley
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:13:51 PM

uhm .. as to the electricity rates .. its not a complete fairy tale because right at the times of power outage there was a huge raise in electricity rates in Brazil, you can search for that ... also its not true that Brazil has one of the highest costs ... theres abundance of electricity thanks to hydroplants... maybe the contract he claimed to negotiate is not impossible dunno. I would like to underline im not trying to defend anybody i really dont know.. few months ago I only knew that there is a bitcoin and im just learning about it Smiley

yes you are, this is a blatant shill account.

that ... also its not true that Brazil has one of the highest costs ... theres abundance of electricity thanks to hydroplants... maybe the contract he claimed to negotiate is not

http://thebrazilbusiness.com/article/electricity-prices-in-brazil

blatant shill account.

chalkboard17

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:24:36 PM

yes you are, this is a blatant shill account.

that ... also its not true that Brazil has one of the highest costs ... theres abundance of electricity thanks to hydroplants... maybe the contract he claimed to negotiate is not

http://thebrazilbusiness.com/article/electricity-prices-in-brazil

blatant shill account.
that's an outdated article. energy price nearly doubled since then as the country (and latin america as whole) goes deeper into totalitarianism/communism
im lucky my father in law has some solar mining, even then I struggle to mine due to blatant import tax and thieves likes waldohoover/didhejust/coiningsolutions/sgxprint

i dont think that guy is even brazilian, he just picked a random country in the map and picked one of the most common names and surnames there is in brazil
hes most likely american/russian/european but picked another country to cover tracks

also u dont have freedom to deal with any company or anybody in this country.the government does not allow that. no such thing as "private deal with energy company"

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Fullbuster

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:46:18 PM

I have been with those guys for a time and  i have not lost anything but last hack thingy seems fishy they said trade and all other staff will be avaliable today, still waiting.
chalkboard17

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:05:57 PM

ok I just checked further their website
40% + monthly income - no comment on this. you are BEGGING to be scammed
brazilian based - lies. his english doesn't seem brazilian-broken english + energy price in brazil is outrageous + it would be very hard to get all this mining equipment in brazil because of communist government import tax and regulation

i dont even think they will come back this time. at least they will only take your money. waldohoover / didhejust / coiningsolutions will take your money, time and treat you like crap with his sadistic behavior.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:22:21 PM

i dont care if they mine or not , as long as they pay out get the fuck off me man , go get a life

this is a bad attitude to have. the ethics are one thing, but the logic is a bigger problem.

You paid them to mine coins for you. It's possible to track that mining is actual happening and predict future returns, if they aren't mining where is the mining coming from? That should be a very serious concern to you, because if it's a ponzi it's going to run out eventually, if it's something else you should know what exactly they are doing so you can accurately assess the risks and figure how much money you are going to be getting back.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:54:54 PM

i dont care if they mine or not , as long as they pay out get the fuck off me man , go get a life

this is a bad attitude to have. the ethics are one thing, but the logic is a bigger problem.

You paid them to mine coins for you. It's possible to track that mining is actual happening and predict future returns, if they aren't mining where is the mining coming from? That should be a very serious concern to you, because if it's a ponzi it's going to run out eventually, if it's something else you should know what exactly they are doing so you can accurately assess the risks and figure how much money you are going to be getting back.

exactly this,

so "as long as youre getting paid" anything goes then? so if i give you a few thousand dollars to kill someone is that "okay" because youre getting paid for it? ethics arent the only issue here; you paid scrypt.cc to provide a service for you, and youre not getting what you were advertised, isnt that something you should be angry about?

honestly I think youre the type of person to freak out and open 40 scam threads when scrypt actually collapses.

Fullbuster

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:13:24 PM

Haha, Phildo reminds me of a kid in my high-school.  That kid was asked what would he do for the money and he answered that he'd sell one of his eyes... and teacher told so you'd more naughty things easily then? lol.
whoof

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:43:41 PM

Im a shill?? What a fuck? Why are you so angry all the time ... I think ive got nothing to say here anymore ... I just shared my point of view opened for discussion and get instantly attacked by some internet hero .. ive read different article somewhere else saying the opposite .. whatever ..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: