Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin was accepted everywhere would you use it?  (Read 3580 times)
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:26:48 PM

we should be avaible to spend our money wherever we want without show i bought a drug,a gun..... but is more safest to know what we spend our money at to avoid a massacre,and all insane people..and yes they need to think on the fee the bank will take from them soo bitcoin take a fee soo low that both win,who buy and who sell.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 02:48:16 PM

Why wouldn't you? I don't think Satoshi was too worried about it being too accepted Wink

IMO decentralization of currency and pretty much anything, puts the power of the worlds system in the hands of the people. In a perfect future, this would be a vital part of life. In a perfect future...

dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:56:00 PM

Why wouldn't you? I don't think Satoshi was too worried about it being too accepted Wink

IMO decentralization of currency and pretty much anything, puts the power of the worlds system in the hands of the people. In a perfect future, this would be a vital part of life. In a perfect future...
I understand what is your point, however regards to the perfect future, there is nothing perfect in this world, perfection comes within us, it is based on our planning and intellectual thoughts, if we apply our sincere thoughts in any sectors, we could find the preferred future what we expect our life to be, hope you wouldn't take it as criticize rather than it is just my own thoughts regards to this.

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 02:57:38 PM

I understand what is your point, however regards to the perfect future, there is nothing perfect in this world, perfection comes within us, it is based on our planning and intellectual thoughts, if we apply our sincere thoughts in any sectors, we could find the preferred future what we expect our life to be, hope you wouldn't take it as criticize rather than it is just my own thoughts regards to this.

The phrase "a perfect future" implies exactly what you just said. There never will be a 'perfect future', it is just a figure of speech to describe the utmost best scenario.

lucaspm98

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:31:17 PM

Of course, who on here honestly wouldn't? At this  early stage bitcoin is already easier to use for many online transactions.

Even in person it is more secure than cash, and harder to lose if you take the security seriously.

Bitcoin is an important step towards the death of fiat currency, when people begin to wake up about the uselessness of manipulated and inflated paper currency they will turn to something else whether it is bitcoin, gold, or some other store  of value.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:40:56 PM

Of course, who on here honestly wouldn't? At this  early stage bitcoin is already easier to use for many online transactions.

Even in person it is more secure than cash, and harder to lose if you take the security seriously.

Bitcoin is an important step towards the death of fiat currency, when people begin to wake up about the uselessness of manipulated and inflated paper currency they will turn to something else whether it is bitcoin, gold, or some other store  of value.
I don't think it will replace fiat, unfortunately people is too dumb and will use whatever is issued officially by governments. It will for sure tho, become the greatest way to preserve and move wealth outside of a government pegged currency, which means it will basically replace gold.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 05:59:11 PM

Personally YES. The main reason for that being that it puts me in control.

I went through a very bad patch with a business going under and battled to get back on my feet again. When the **** hit the fan my bank accounts were either frozen or closed without any notice and it took me close on a year and a half to get all my funds released. Cost me a bucket load in legal fees as well. When all was said and done the bank just said sorry and offered to open all my account again, that after I lived like a vagrant for almost 2 years.

In all that time I had to operate with cash only as I could not get a bank account opened. Best I could get was a basic savings account with either no debit card and or one that could not be used online and or for nothing else but retail purchases etc... so basically what I always called a 'kiddy' account.

Long story short: I no longer have to ask, beg and or plead with anybody to open an account and then wait days for approval. I just create a new wallet.
knowhow

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:01:39 PM

well bitcoin will become avaible in shops on the next years its a question of time,low business will accept it then medium and then the big ones soo we would be able to spend our bitcoin as we do with fiat.
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:28:28 PM

well bitcoin will become avaible in shops on the next years its a question of time,low business will accept it then medium and then the big ones soo we would be able to spend our bitcoin as we do with fiat.
What will motivate small businesses in to accepting bitcoin?
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:37:44 PM

I would definitely use Bitcoin everywhere is it were acceprted everywhere. I would get rid of my credit and debit cards and not use cash anymore. I end up paying a lot of fees at the banks and that is one thing I cannot stand about them. It would save us all a hell of a lot of money if the world switched over to Bitcoin.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:41:33 PM

even I said yes earlier in this thread, after 140 minutes of waiting today with default electrum fee, I'm changing my statement to "after bigger blocks will be in place"..
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:54:24 PM

I would start trade bitcoin and use it everywhere i need to spent. Just need the tx. be faster than now
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:09:52 AM

Of course!
As I have some income,I would like to spend it, but there are not many sites where I can spend it in a good way
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:13:30 AM

My favorite thing to spend money on already accept bitcoin: gambling.
So now I just need to be able to buy booze and hookers with bitcoin, then is all good  Grin
knowhow

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:24:03 AM

well is very easy the fee that whoo sell pays to banks when receives money from credit or debit,most people nowadays doesnt use fiat directly they prefer use the card already more secure.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:49:58 AM

My favorite thing to spend money on already accept bitcoin: gambling.
So now I just need to be able to buy booze and hookers with bitcoin, then is all good  Grin

i think hoolers are already accepting bitcoin, if they don't is because they don't know about it, but i'm sure that if you tell them about bitcoin, they would accept it immediately, everything that has some anonimity like cash is welcome for those ladies
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:02:06 AM

well is very easy the fee that whoo sell pays to banks when receives money from credit or debit,most people nowadays doesnt use fiat directly they prefer use the card already more secure.

The difference in fee has existed for some time. It hasn't been enough to motivate small business (perhaps a handful) as of yet so what is the spark this time?
knowhow

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:10:48 PM

well Brazil has 150 stores already accepting it ,here isnt a big thing but is one step taken into put bitcoin on the right place i will allow it as well on my business but i doubt anyone at my city knows bitcoin anyway you need to offer the service and keep it for a long or medium
knowhow

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:37:35 PM

people always claim from transactions be slow but did anyone of you made a transaction and those didnt completed?
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 11:40:20 PM

Probably no.
Most of us are kinda Anarchists, So If the system tries to make us to use Bitcoins then no.
I'm kidding of course I'll use it.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#