Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin was accepted everywhere would you use it?  (Read 3578 times)
TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:49:01 PM

I would absolutely use it. I already use it as much as possible.

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:49:16 AM

Too bad the chances of bitcoin getting accepted everywhare is very slim  Tongue
There are some nation that already denied the usage of bitcoin (China is one of them)
But, if somehow Bitcoin managed to be accepted everywhere i would definitely use it Cheesy
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:38:15 AM

I am curious as to why and who would use bitcoin if it was accepted everywhere.

I know it would be great for everyone who has invested into bitcoin, but if it was just as accepted as money would you still be as inclined to use it?

If you have a business that involves bitcoin or you have some sort of exchange then I can see it being a great thing for demand, but why would you use it if you could just as easily use fiat money?
yes, i would!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:57:54 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 02:55:10 PM by Amph

Too bad the chances of bitcoin getting accepted everywhare is very slim  Tongue
There are some nation that already denied the usage of bitcoin (China is one of them)
But, if somehow Bitcoin managed to be accepted everywhere i would definitely use it Cheesy

not true, china use bitcoin for trading "Trading bitcoins by individuals is however legal in China"

they seems to have locked some exchange in the past but that's it, i think they will change their mind in the end like russia did
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:47:55 PM

not true, china che use bitcoin for trading "Trading bitcoins by individuals is however legal in China"

they seems to have locked some exchange in the past but that's it, i think they will change their mind in the end like russia did

i didnt know china denied bitcoin,their country as i know hold the biggest farms of bitcoin and they have the biggest exchanges .
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:51:56 PM

If bitcoin was accepted everywhere would you use it?

Hard to say and depends on where bitcoin is at value-wise then. I think the end goal is to be able to spend bitcoin anywhere and hopefully around the globe but I think bitcoin is undervalued currently so would like to get more purchasing power for my coins.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:59:03 PM

If bitcoin was accepted everywhere would you use it?

Hard to say and depends on where bitcoin is at value-wise then. I think the end goal is to be able to spend bitcoin anywhere and hopefully around the globe but I think bitcoin is undervalued currently so would like to get more purchasing power for my coins.
but i think by the time bitcoin is being accepted everywhere , the price is at an stable stage too. besides being accepted everywhere means that you can get paid in bitcoin too .
so you can earn bitcoin and spend it just like what we are doing now with fiat.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:05:29 PM

not true, china use bitcoin for trading "Trading bitcoins by individuals is however legal in China"

Ah, my bad  Tongue
But still you said "Trading bitcoins by individuals is however legal in China"
Does it mean Bitcoin trading made by company is illegal in china?
i need some more info about this
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:51:38 PM

Ah, my bad  Tongue
But still you said "Trading bitcoins by individuals is however legal in China"
Does it mean Bitcoin trading made by company is illegal in china?
i need some more info about this

read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country, apparently it was a thing of the past(2014), were some third party were not allowed to do business with bitcoin exchange, but it seems not true anymore, situation is unclear...
ransomer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:11:22 PM

Yes, but the plummer next door would not...

Without making security much easier and safer Bitcoin (or any other crypto) doesn't really have a snowball's chance downunder to even tickle FIATs.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:34:50 PM

Definitely would use it as much as possible.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:41:13 PM

Without making security much easier and safer Bitcoin (or any other crypto) doesn't really have a snowball's chance downunder to even tickle FIATs.
Why not? It would be easier than paying with credit card. Everyone has a smartphones nowadays. You just need bitcoin wallet app and you are free to go - direct transfer from wallet to wallet.
Easier than purchasing dedicated terminal to receive debit/credit card payments.
ransomer

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:57:27 PM

Why not? It would be easier than paying with credit card. Everyone has a smartphones nowadays. You just need bitcoin wallet app and you are free to go - direct transfer from wallet to wallet.
Easier than purchasing dedicated terminal to receive debit/credit card payments.

Easy to use yes.

Easy to keep secure? Not so much...

I'm talking about the safety.

If my plummer and people like him (majority of the population) started using bitcoin now it would be a free for all for hackers etc.

Bitcoin needs some serious security inventions before cryptocoin has any chance.
Demille

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:00:03 PM

Why would the plummer next door not accept it? And I don't think there's anything wrong with the security or safeness of bitcoin. Your coins safety and security is down to yourself but wallets will only get simpler and add more security features as time goes on.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:04:03 PM

I have no idea.. I don't know what decision I would make in an alternate timeline where everything could be different.

tho if bitcoin is suddenly accepted everywhere tomorrow, I know I will use it.
ransomer

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:19:42 PM

Why would the plummer next door not accept it? And I don't think there's anything wrong with the security or safeness of bitcoin. Your coins safety and security is down to yourself but wallets will only get simpler and add more security features as time goes on.

Yes, certainly I think the security will get much better in the future.

Currently, making cold wallets, and all kinds of other jumping through hoops to ensure some level of security is not really for the average joe (nor my plummer neighbor). So imo. currently the technology surrounding bitcoin is not at all ready for mass adoption.

It is at the most ready for nerd adoption Wink

Currently it is a bit the law of the jungle... when someone gets hacked and looses all their bitcoins the reaction in the community is "well, you didn't understand fully the procedures, so it was your own fault". Or in other words "Buhu too bad, so sad..move on and learn from it". Such an attitude will not work if this is supposed to be the standard means of payment for the 20 year old nurse, the janitor, the baker, .. and my neighbor..

Such a law of the jungle instills no trust - trust that people themselves can manage to keep their own funds safe. Most people doubt that they can - and rightfully so.

So until there is a solution to the security issues, cryptocoins are not really in with a chance to threaten FIAT.. nor should they be frankly because that would be playing with people's lifes at a time where there is a huge risk of a bad outcome.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:48:39 PM

When I have a choice of different payment methods, I would select which is the more convenient for me at that time. If bitcoin is accepted everywhere I would definitely  use it much more.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:54:23 PM

Yes, certainly I think the security will get much better in the future.

Currently, making cold wallets, and all kinds of other jumping through hoops to ensure some level of security is not really for the average joe (nor my plummer neighbor). So imo. currently the technology surrounding bitcoin is not at all ready for mass adoption.

It is at the most ready for nerd adoption Wink

Currently it is a bit the law of the jungle... when someone gets hacked and looses all their bitcoins the reaction in the community is "well, you didn't understand fully the procedures, so it was your own fault". Or in other words "Buhu too bad, so sad..move on and learn from it". Such an attitude will not work if this is supposed to be the standard means of payment for the 20 year old nurse, the janitor, the baker, .. and my neighbor..

Such a law of the jungle instills no trust - trust that people themselves can manage to keep their own funds safe. Most people doubt that they can - and rightfully so.

So until there is a solution to the security issues, cryptocoins are not really in with a chance to threaten FIAT.. nor should they be frankly because that would be playing with people's lifes at a time where there is a huge risk of a bad outcome.

Well, we are talking about way into the future. Many people were saying very similar things you are saying about bitcoin about the internet in the 1980s. Bitcoin' security issues will probably be ironed out over time as any  major technology does. In the future, it is way more cost-effective to use your smartphone instead of a dedicated credit card machine.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:16:18 PM

Yeah, It will take time that is accepted everywhere, I would surely use my bitcoins everywhere it is possible to make a payment, and honestly I have already started to make payments using bitcoins may be online shopping or online transfers  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: