Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in NEM?  (Read 974 times)
Talmony (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 04:51:43 PM

I've been reading for a while here now and have seen NEM been warned alot for. I'm new to crypocurrency and interested to invest in NEM but i just can't forget all the warnings that i read here about that it's runned by scammers and that buyers will lose their money etc.

What do you guys think about this and to invest in it?

Is it wise to invest in NEM?
Will it be here for the long run?
Maybe warnings, if yes pls arguments.

Looking forward to your thoughts about NEM.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:36:58 PM

I can´t tell you if it will go up, cause nobody can.
But I can tell you that the devs a definitevly not scammers.
I follwoed it from the beginning.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:53:40 PM

Hello

Do not invest the money that you cannot afford to loose.
This is valid for any investment.

Do not put your all money into a single basket!
Diversify!

Regarding the project:
this is a long term project so if you invest do not expect big gains in short time.

If you are interested in NEM you can check the official forum here:
https://forum.ournem.com/

or get some more info from here:
http://nem.io/

I suggest that you make your own research from the links I have gave here
and then decide if is worth to invest because
nobody can tell what the future brings.

For any question there are members of NEM community willing to help
so if you have any please post in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0

See ya.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:50:36 PM

Do not invest the money that you cannot afford to loose.
This is valid for any investment.

Do not put your all money into a single basket!
Diversify!

True

and

True

but thats only the half truth.
Diversifying too much doesn't make sense if you don't have much money. Choose only a few coins you belive in and invest at least so much in them, that you maybe can appreciate the winnings.

For example if you invest into a coin, that has the market cap of  over 1 Million it will probably only grow a maximum of 10x in near future. So if you invest only 10 Bucks you can have 100 Bucks then. If you are really poor, this may make sense, but not if you are an average american. You have to invest at least 100 Bucks to be maybe glad with 1000 on a 10folding. Maybe you have to invest even more, depending on your bankroll.

On the other hand, if you invest into a coin, that has a market cap of 50k you may be glad with an investment of 10 or 20 Bucks already, because it can go way more than 10fold. It maybe can reach very fast a market cap of 5 million if its good (so 100x). Also you can loose less, if you don't go to much. Those coins in the lower positions can easily vanish completely and the money is gone...
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:23:56 AM

No

No

NEM was started by a Communist scammer UtopianFuture who's a liar, a cheat and a thief.  To this day I believe that the vast majority of the "devs / major players" in NEM are just UtopianFuture sockpuppets.  UtopianFuture created literally hundreds of sockpuppets to claim FREE stakes in NEM all while he was advocating NEM as the "fair / egalitarian crypto".  He later started selling stakes after he announced all stakes would be free and claimed all of his free stakes.  NEM was solely started as a way for him to get more NXT.  One of the first things he did was create NEMstakes on NXT's exchange to sell all of the stakes he fraudulently claimed for NXT.  Anybody who is involved in NEM and isn't a UtopianFuture sockpuppet is equally guilty because they know all about UtopianFuture's lies and deceit and continue to advocate NEM as the "New Economy Movement" just to make money for themselves.  They value money over honesty and associate with a liar, cheater and thief if it means they can make money from it.  They are an absolutely pathetic group of individuals.  The joke of it is that anyone with more than two brain cells knows NEM will never gain any amount of adoption and will simply wither away into nothing.  All the NEMwits advocate PoI, but PoI is fundamentally flawed because there is no way to detect all possible network topology loops.  All NEM ever was and ever will be is a con game created to take advantage of the uninformed started by a liar, a cheater and a thief.

BTW, UtopianFuture still controls multiple sockpuppet accounts on this forum and shills for NEM constantly.  TaunSew is one of these sockpuppets and he has others with names that I'm not going to repeat.  If the name sounds degenerate, you can bet money it's UtopianFuture.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:45:39 AM

I've been reading for a while here now and have seen NEM been warned alot for. I'm new to crypocurrency and interested to invest in NEM but i just can't forget all the warnings that i read here about that it's runned by scammers and that buyers will lose their money etc.

What do you guys think about this and to invest in it?

Maybe warnings, if yes pls arguments.

Looking forward to your thoughts about NEM.

I encourage you to buy a lot of XEM.  Hold it for a while, and then come back here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:47:08 AM

No

No

NEM was started by a Communist scammer UtopianFuture who's a liar, a cheat and a thief.  To this day I believe that the vast majority of the "devs / major players" in NEM are just UtopianFuture sockpuppets.  UtopianFuture created literally hundreds of sockpuppets to claim FREE stakes in NEM all while he was advocating NEM as the "fair / egalitarian crypto".  He later started selling stakes after he announced all stakes would be free and claimed all of his free stakes.  NEM was solely started as a way for him to get more NXT.  One of the first things he did was create NEMstakes on NXT's exchange to sell all of the stakes he fraudulently claimed for NXT.  Anybody who is involved in NEM and isn't a UtopianFuture sockpuppet is equally guilty because they know all about UtopianFuture's lies and deceit and continue to advocate NEM as the "New Economy Movement" just to make money for themselves.  They value money over honesty and associate with a liar, cheater and thief if it means they can make money from it.  They are an absolutely pathetic group of individuals.  The joke of it is that anyone with more than two brain cells knows NEM will never gain any amount of adoption and will simply wither away into nothing.  All the NEMwits advocate PoI, but PoI is fundamentally flawed because there is no way to detect all possible network topology loops.  All NEM ever was and ever will be is a con game created to take advantage of the uninformed started by a liar, a cheater and a thief.

BTW, UtopianFuture still controls multiple sockpuppet accounts on this forum and shills for NEM constantly.  TaunSew is one of these sockpuppets and he has others with names that I'm not going to repeat.  If the name sounds degenerate, you can bet money it's UtopianFuture.

The part about TaunSew makes your post totally shit.. Why would he try to bash NEM as TaunSew if he still has a lot of socks? Not wise to lower your price..

Anyway, NEM is nice, won't go much lower because all who wanted to dump have dumped by now..
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:12:25 AM

No

No

The part about TaunSew makes your post totally shit.. Why would he try to bash NEM as TaunSew if he still has a lot of socks? Not wise to lower your price..

Anyway, NEM is nice, won't go much lower because all who wanted to dump have dumped by now..

I'm sure UtopianFuture/Taunsew sold the majority of his stakes when the price was higher.  Don't be fooled by him and actually believe he wanted NEM to be successful in the long run.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:32:27 AM

TS's current sig is a NEM ad....and he's been more onboard with NEM than critical of it.
I sometimes have no freaking idea who's side he's on, so I usually blame either NEM or BTS for his antics. Grin
(I do get the feeling that he's not very bullish on the future prospects for NXT, though)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:37:26 AM

TS's current sig is a NEM ad....and he's been more onboard with NEM than critical of it.
I sometimes have no freaking idea who's side he's on, so I usually blame either NEM or BTS for his antics. Grin
(I do get the feeling that he's not very bullish on the future prospects for NXT, though)

Don't try to understand Taunsew. I don't think there is any real pattern behind his bullshit.

Regarding the OP. Do your own research. Don't listen to anyone on bitcointalk.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:41:02 AM

50 million NxT whale Evil Dave should had cashed out when his Eastern European friends did.  Instead Evil Dave is waiting for NxT to be worth milliOns again but never got the memo NxT = scam.   Shocked

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
JReag

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:49:21 AM

50 million NxT whale Evil Dave should had cashed out when his Eastern European friends did.  Instead Evil Dave is waiting for NxT to be worth milliOns again but never got the memo NxT = scam.   Shocked
It's technically worth millions already.
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:51:06 AM

It's technically worth millions already.

His NXT* to be worth millions.   Grin  Instead his friends left him behind and he's a bitter ex-millionaire bagholder waiting for his magic beans to be worth more again.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:39:20 AM

Again, TS is lying. BIG surprise, kids.
And it's not like I haven't corrected the idiot a zillion times before......I'm not sitting on a 50 million NXT stake, though I fervently wish that I was.

I do have a founders stake in NEM, though, I'm sure that'll buy me an island.....or not. Sad

I am sure that TaunSews lovely art and delightfully sane text will bring NEM to a whole new audience. Way to go, TS.
You want to go and support Ripple for a while ?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:33:37 PM

NXTers are full of deceit and lies.  They will do anything to protect their scam.  Jeff Garzik, a reputable Bitcoin developer, exposed NXT for being a scam.

NXTers attack anything that is not NxT.   Shocked

doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:56:18 PM

NXTers are full of deceit and lies.  They will do anything to protect their scam.  Jeff Garzik, a reputable Bitcoin developer, exposed NXT for being a scam.

NXTers attack anything that is not NxT.   Shocked

Sry but you are the only one attacking here ...

NXT is a really amazing crypto plattform with steady development and a shitload of projects around it.   NEM ist just a coin atm .

And if I want "just a coin" I better choose Bitcoin or Monero.
TaunSew

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:59:19 PM

NXTers attack anything that is not NxT.   Shocked

NXT is a really amazing crypto plattform with steady development and a shitload of projects around it.   NEM ist just a coin atm .

NxT was just a 'coin' in the beginning, a coin where many people had trouble installing the client, had their funds stolen, et cetera.  NEM's launch is flawless in comparison.

doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:09:27 PM

NXTers attack anything that is not NxT.   Shocked

NXT is a really amazing crypto plattform with steady development and a shitload of projects around it.   NEM ist just a coin atm .

NxT was just a 'coin' in the beginning, a coin where many people had trouble installing the client, had their funds stolen, et cetera.  NEM's launch is flawless in comparison.

Unfortunatly I wasn't around when NXT launched and maybe you are right ... but nonetheless NXT is the most developed crypto plattform right now. And if crypto is here to stay i'm pretty confident that NXT will be one of the big players.  
Talmony (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:42:31 PM

Thanks for the replies all!

To the other guys, i'm only looking for pros and cons to invest in NEM so can you please hold your battle in a NEM vs NXT thread because it's is not helping either of us.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:22:32 PM

Thanks for the replies all!

To the other guys, i'm only looking for pros and cons to invest in NEM so can you please hold your battle in a NEM vs NXT thread because it's is not helping either of us.

One aspect you should consider: NEM is going to run a node rewarding program that can make your XEM grow if you have few millions of them (witch probably you can afford).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: