Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Greece...who next?  (Read 3193 times)
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:03:35 AM

Puerto Rico just default, is everyone in here sleeping or what?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13203815/1/why-a-puerto-rican-default-is-more-dangerous-than-you-think.html

And then:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/business/dealbook/puerto-rico-decides-to-skip-bond-payment.html

Cant wait to see what happens with the stock market tomorrow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:30:22 AM

Russia will be not next after Greece,but biggest,if we talk about bankrupt.Portugal already is ,so i think France

Very close to be bankrupt is Portoryko,Ukraine already is.List will be long,welcome in 21century paradise world

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:54:13 AM

Tightening policy is an important issue for most families and enterprises. After referendum, more and more people and enterprises can't pay tax and begin to transfer overseas, so the capital will no doubt go overseas.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:03:16 AM

Portugal already tightened seat belts and this in the way of recovery even though slow, is able to get out of the hole. Spain, Italy, Argentina I believe will be the next to get lost in a deep internal crisis. While the corrupt politician does fortune of taxes paid by the people only the bottom will be the fate of the Country.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:23:09 AM

Portugal already tightened seat belts and this in the way of recovery even though slow, is able to get out of the hole. Spain, Italy, Argentina I believe will be the next to get lost in a deep internal crisis. While the corrupt politician does fortune of taxes paid by the people only the bottom will be the fate of the Country.

Spain has recovered very well and they are doing really good, I don't think that it will really affect them and even if it does, the impact will be 10x as what people have been assuming it to be. I don't have much knowledge about Argentina or Italy but just want to see it is not so easy for economy of a country to just collapse. Shit hit the fans for Greeks but they still got it together, and we are comparing it to A class countries.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:58:12 AM

The reason why there is no hype about the Puerto Rican default is because nobody really cares about that Island. People from the btc world are not showing their compassion as they were for Greece because they know the chances of bitcoin working out in that island are really less, so they don't even care to know what happens next. I hope things work out for them, otherwise after 10 years they will in debt of 40,000$ on every man, woman and even child.
Damiantroll

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:49:28 AM

It's going to be Spain next. They're also in the economic shitter (25% unemployment, large amounts of debt). In addition to that, Spain contains 3 potential countries within it (Galacia, Basque region, and Catalonia) that would take substantial economic power away from Madrid.

Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:48:32 AM

It's going to be Spain next. They're also in the economic shitter (25% unemployment, large amounts of debt). In addition to that, Spain contains 3 potential countries within it (Galacia, Basque region, and Catalonia) that would take substantial economic power away from Madrid.

Spain has the least probability of being next, it has already overcome its problems and now the rich are richer. There have been improvements in the automobile sector, highest records of sales were created this year. More employment available than before, people are shopping and spending more which proves there is wealth with people, they're contended and economy lives on.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:23:25 AM

Isn't all that Japan need more citizens? They could stimulate child births somehow or increase the number of immigrants that are allowed into Japan each year. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), Japan still hands out a VERY limited amount of resident visas to foreigners (was something like 500 a year?).
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:25:38 AM

Here's what I would be watching for.

1) If there is a "contagion" (problems similar to Cyprus & Greece spreading to countries like Spain & Italy), and if the negotiations for other countries go poorly, then bigger countries like France are at risk.  If France has big problems, then Germany will for sure.  If Germany looks like it will go over the falls, then the USA will too -- in 48 hours, maybe less.

2) Perhaps the ECB and European leaders will decide to "Ctrl P", print the money to cover losses from Greece.  Zero Hedge JUST reported that the Euro was down almost 1.5% (trading started some 40 minutes ago if I read that right).  1.5% is a big move in foreign exchange.

3) One should not forget about or ignore Japan and China.  Both are places where an accident could easily happen.

4) My guess is that the US$ will be a relative safe haven, for at least a while.

Watching and taking action are two different things.  Even in America it now seems prudent to have a big chunk of CA$H outside the banks now.

Gold and Bitcoin too.

Germany has strong economy and does not seem to collapse in near future.

USA can not have a default as long as USD is the most used convertible currency.

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:38:25 PM

The biggest impact on Bitcoin usually comes when the country starts raiding bank accounts or if their currency will be impacted.

Interesting development to watch though.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:31:22 PM

The biggest impact on Bitcoin usually comes when the country starts raiding bank accounts or if their currency will be impacted.

But the people need to be aware on Bitcoin first. A country can become an absolute mess like Greece or Puerto Rico right now, and BTC may not have an impact beyond mere speculation of already Bitcoiners. We need people to be aware that the alternative exists first, but like some have said, it may take a lot of years before the average population is aware, and in countries like PR and Greece things arrive slower technologically speaking.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:47:32 PM

But the people need to be aware on Bitcoin first. A country can become an absolute mess like Greece or Puerto Rico right now, and BTC may not have an impact beyond mere speculation of already Bitcoiners. We need people to be aware that the alternative exists first, but like some have said, it may take a lot of years before the average population is aware, and in countries like PR and Greece things arrive slower technologically speaking.

I think it all relies on each other. The more adoption in countries which have potential technical infrastructure to support bitcoin and people are aware of it, talking about it and slowly adopting it... The news will of course travel to another country, simply based on hype. As hype increases, even more shop keepers and traders accept btc, and bitcoin grows to be even stronger. Maybe that is enough for a country's interest to peak in btc, just a speculation.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: