Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God  (Read 37179 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:27:19 AM

For someone who advocates killing God you sure do adopt the persona of a preacher giving a sermon.
How perceptive you are. I'm not advocating killing God or anything else, as if you or I had any impact whatsoever! I'm simply pointing out my observation that the death of religion has already begun and there's nothing any of us can do to stop it.

Technology giveth, technology taketh away. Woe unto all ye who stubbornly cling to the ways of the past.

This Century's Forecast: Orgasms, reason, and science win. Violence, ignorance, and superstition (theism) lose.

One interesting thing about reason is that Graham Hancock and 4 or 5 others are proving that 12,500 years ago there was a worldwide civilization, a trading organization, that was advanced in some of the sciences beyond what we are. While I don't personally believe the times that they set down, it seems that Solon told Plato that the destruction of Atlantis happened at a time that corresponds to 12,500 years ago.

The point is that religion isn't dying. If it were, it would have died back with the people of Atlantis - the Atlantis that Graham Hancock and his cohorts are proving existed through archeological means. As it is, Atlantis is simply the end of the world through the great flood of Noah's day... the flood that God did because people tried to destroy true religion back then.

Graham Hancock Breaks the Set on TED Censorship, Lost Civilizations & War on Consciousness - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BrDF5WLyQs

‘Magicians of the Gods’, snapshots of a work in progress - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcPgIphDWGY

Quest for the Lost civilization - Graham Hancock (FULL MOVIE) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5DNvYMtkyk

Modern science is way off in left field regarding things of the past. They are so because of money and politics, and they are leading a whole bunch of atheists, like you, far afield from the truth in such a way that is bringing about your destruction from God. Wake up to the strength of religion. Nobody can destroy religion. Atheism is simply another example of a misguided religion.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 03:24:35 AM

The point is that religion isn't dying. If it were, it would have died back with the people of Atlantis - the Atlantis that Graham Hancock and his cohorts are proving existed through archeological means. As it is, Atlantis is simply the end of the world through the great flood of Noah's day... the flood that God did because people tried to destroy true religion back then.
Yikes, you're really damaged bro. I'm so sorry. *hug*

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:48:00 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2015, 05:21:43 AM by BADecker

Yikes, you're really damaged bro. I'm so sorry. *hug*

I understand completely. I even have reactions like that when I don't want to respond for some reason. Too bad you don't want to respond. It might have been an eye opener for both of us, what you had to say. Of course, maybe you simply don't have a response. Oh, well.

Smiley

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0c5nIvJH7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 07:10:34 AM

Again, you completely ignored my question and pretended as if my sources don't exist, therefore they need not be addressed of course.

As far as your books, books aren't scientific studies. Any idiot can string together a bunch of concepts and just pretend as if they are fact, or simply use persuasive language with no scientific backing whatsoever. I also noticed not one of the authors are Doctors or have a masters degree. I am curious what scientific authority they have to make such claims.

CITE STUDIES SUPPORTING YOUR ARGUMENT.

If you are incapable of condensing your ideas into simple descriptions with links to sources of science based studies, either you don't have any knowledge of the information you claim expertise on, or the studies don't exist.
Just because it is in a book does not give it scientific value. Return here when you are capable of debating.

Again...

What gives you the right to be intolerant and destroy the gender norms of the vast majority of the population while hiding behind a veil of tolerance?
aikunsatu

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:38:55 AM

Religion has got nothing to do with God anymore,  maybe people need to be free of boundaries,  they'll feel and see God more clearly.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:15:10 PM

Religion has got nothing to do with God anymore,  maybe people need to be free of boundaries,  they'll feel and see God more clearly.

Religion always has the greatest part of itself based on God. Why? Because God created all things. And when He did this, He created the laws for moral living right in the heart of mankind who He made. Our first parents corrupted this law when they sinned the first time. We are the beneficiaries of that first sin and the corrupted law, both in the corruption of nature around us, and of the corruption of the law in our hearts.

The first part of the law in our hearts has to do with recognizing and honoring God. Because of the corruption of the law in our hearts, we often don't think about God like we should. We feel the law in our hearts, so we react to it. But because it is corrupted, we miss parts of it. Sometimes the thing we miss or forget is the part about God. Yet, we all know He exists, even though we cover Him up in our hearts... some of us more, and others less, just like some of us sin this way more and others that way more.

Smiley

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 03:10:15 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2015, 06:47:07 PM by Beliathon

What gives you the right to be intolerant and destroy the gender norms of the vast majority of the population?
Nothing and no one gives me the right. I'm taking the right, because I am on fire with compassion. If someone has to give it to you, it's not a right - it's a privilege. It's only a right when you seize/assert it for yourself.

The myth of gender hurts every innocent little girl, nearly all grown women, and every innocent boy too.

The three most destructive words that every boy hears is "Be A Man".

Here in the information age, religion has about the same odds of survival as Pi (3.14159) has of being returned back to it's biblical value of 3.0

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:54:59 PM

What gives you the right to be intolerant and destroy the gender norms of the vast majority of the population?
Nothing and no one gives me the right. I'm taking the right, because I am on fire with compassion. The myth of gender hurts every innocent little girl, nearly all grown women, and every innocent boy too.

Here in the information age, religion has about the same odds of survival as Pi (3.14159) has of being returned back to it's biblical value of 3.0

As retarded as this thinking is, it might be somewhat accurate if God, Himself, didn't step in and manipulate things, which He will do again, when mankind become bad enough.

Smiley

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 05:05:34 PM

It might be somewhat accurate if God, Himself, didn't step in and manipulate things, which He will do again, when mankind become bad enough, as retarded as this thinking is.
Fixed your sentence, you had a minor grammar error there.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:40:37 PM

It might be somewhat accurate if God, Himself, didn't step in and manipulate things, which He will do again, when mankind become bad enough, as retarded as this thinking is.

I had it copyrighted. Your fixation is your own.

Smiley

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

I had it copyrighted. Your fixation is your own.
One of my favorite laws to break,  that.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 12:47:03 PM

Nothing and no one gives me the right. I'm taking the right, because I am on fire with compassion. If someone has to give it to you, it's not a right - it's a privilege. It's only a right when you seize/assert it for yourself.

The myth of gender hurts every innocent little girl, nearly all grown women, and every innocent boy too.

Just because you are taking something doesn't make it a right. People have lots of rights, very few actually make the effort to exercise them. The difference between the two is that rights are for ones self, and what you are doing is attempting to destroy the gender identity of others simply based on what you believe, without empirical backing of studies whatsoever. Your rights end when they harm the rights of others. All you have presented so far is persuasive writing. This has nothing to do with science. Provide your proof, otherwise you are no better than the religious nutbags sending their kids to christian gay therapy summer camp because you are imposing your beliefs about gender and sexuality upon others. 
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 02:39:02 PM

Just because you are taking something doesn't make it a right. People have lots of rights, very few actually make the effort to exercise them. The difference between the two is that rights are for ones self, and what you are doing is attempting to destroy the gender identity of others simply based on what you believe, without empirical backing of studies whatsoever.
That gender is a social construction has been a widely accepted fact for over fifty years in the social sciences. Today there is growing mountain of scientific evidence that gender is deeply harmful to young developing minds. All that knowledge is available to you, if you were genuinely interested in getting to the truth of this issue you'd be on google learning about it, but we both know you're not.  

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:48:24 PM

Just because you are taking something doesn't make it a right. People have lots of rights, very few actually make the effort to exercise them. The difference between the two is that rights are for ones self, and what you are doing is attempting to destroy the gender identity of others simply based on what you believe, without empirical backing of studies whatsoever.
That gender is a social construction has been a widely accepted fact for over fifty years in the social sciences. Today there is growing mountain of scientific evidence that gender is deeply harmful to young developing minds. All that knowledge is available to you, if you were genuinely interested in getting to the truth of this issue you'd be on google learning about it, but we both know you're not.  

While it's true that biological males and females are somewhat predispositioned to act differently(i.e masculine and/or feminine). You're right about gender norms being exclusively a social construct.  Various societies have different gender roles for males and females, there is no "universal standard" and that shows the fragility of "gender".

For ex: Males are often wanted to act masculine and hide their emotions and etc in many socities, but the fact of the matter is that males feel just as emotional as women and society wanting them to hide it or cover it up is obviously a detriment to them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/13/men-women-emotional-parents_n_5491119.html

EDIT: For those who believe gender to have some biological basis such as in the case of transgenders, you're wrong. If you bother to read up on transgenders and their views on themselves, they feel like a biological female, even down to the genitalia(Such as feeling to have a vagina but being reminded of having a penis at times), meaning their perception of themselves is related to sex, not gender.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:59:32 PM

No two people are 100% alike. Even if you had two people who had exactly the same number of the same kinds of molecules in their bodies, all correspondingly located so that everything in the two people happened to be operating exactly alike at exactly the same time, including the things that they were thinking about, they still would be different. One reason they would be different would be because they were not made of the exact same molecules. The molecules of the two would still be different molecules.

If we want to get down to the basics, we could say that every person was a different gender from everyone else, because all people are different.

When talking about gender, we are not getting into such detailed differences so as to separate every single person from every single other person. Neither are we looking at simply the ways that everyone is the same - barring deformities... eyes, ears, a head, two arms with hands, two legs with feet, torso, etc.  

The thing that we are looking at with gender is a rather general difference in people goes beyond their similarities, but remains general in that it does not focus on the vast majority of differences. Gender has to do with male and female.

Despite what the people who control the definitions write as definitions, and despite what medical research controllers do to combine the genders, and despite how feminine some men are or masculine some women are, there is a tremendous difference between men and women, male and female. This is true gender no matter what anyone wants to say.

The point is, let's look at the truth, rather than trying to ignore the evident.

Smiley

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 04:14:03 PM

"That gender is a social construction has been a widely accepted fact for over fifty years in the social sciences."

First of all who taught you English? Nice sentence structure. Second of all just because you believe it is "a widely accepted fact" among the handful of political ideologues willing to confirm your biases for you does not make it fact. Furthermore "social sciences" are not hard sciences, there can not be true empirical data collected for these studies conducted within this field of study. There are far too many variables, and real scientists know that social sciences are not based on fact but observation and hypotheses at best.

You claim there is a "growing mountain of scientific evidence that gender is deeply harmful to young developing minds". If there is such a preponderance of evidence, what is preventing you from presenting these studies for peer review of the forum? We are just supposed to take your word for it? If the studies don't exist in the first place, then I would have a hard time finding them in Google wouldn't I? That is besides the point though, because you are the one making the claims, and the one who makes the claims proves.

I argue that your convictions are based on nothing more than your emotions and beliefs, and you are willing to rob children of their perfectly natural biologically based gender identities in order to satiate your personal belief constructs. This makes you no better that religious nut jobs that send their kids to gay therapy camp, because in both instances you are seeking to deny the child their natural gender state and sexuality for the sake of your beliefs.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 04:29:51 PM

While it's true that biological males and females are somewhat predispositioned to act differently(i.e masculine and/or feminine). You're right about gender norms being exclusively a social construct.  Various societies have different gender roles for males and females, there is no "universal standard" and that shows the fragility of "gender".

For ex: Males are often wanted to act masculine and hide their emotions and etc in many socities, but the fact of the matter is that males feel just as emotional as women and society wanting them to hide it or cover it up is obviously a detriment to them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/13/men-women-emotional-parents_n_5491119.html

EDIT: For those who believe gender to have some biological basis such as in the case of transgenders, you're wrong. If you bother to read up on transgenders and their views on themselves, they feel like a biological female, even down to the genitalia(Such as feeling to have a vagina but being reminded of having a penis at times), meaning their perception of themselves is related to sex, not gender.

"While it's true that biological males and females are somewhat predispositioned to act differently(i.e masculine and/or feminine). You're right about gender norms being exclusively a social construct. "

You base this conclusion on what evidence? There are peer reviewed studies that indicate gender norms also have an innate biological component. I have yet to see any peer reviewed studies proving gender is purely a social construct.

Your personal observations of males and females are not scientific and are therefore irrelevant.

"For those who believe gender to have some biological basis such as in the case of transgenders, you're wrong. If you bother to read up on transgenders and their views on themselves, they feel like a biological female, even down to the genitalia(Such as feeling to have a vagina but being reminded of having a penis at times), meaning their perception of themselves is related to sex, not gender."

So transgender people "feel" a certain way. Does this prove anything? This is not science, this is observation of emotions which are not quantifiable scientifically. Additionally how do the feelings of transgender people have anything to do with the gender norms of hetero-normative children and adults? If there is some biological basis for gender norms as the studies linked below show, then don't you think it would cause far more damage to all of those children forcing them to adapt to something in opposition to their own biology? Is that not exactly what homosexuals are fighting for to prevent against themselves? What gives anyone the right to do that to the vast majority of the population in order to satiate the beliefs of a small minority of people?

In short you are promoting the destruction of societal structures millions rely upon in order to promote your ideals which have little to no scientific reasoning behind them. Good ideas supplant the bad ideas. The fact that you have to actively destroy the work of others shows to me very clearly how misguided and dangerous your socialist poison is. What gives you the right to destroy the gender norms of others?

Is being gay a choice? Most people would say no. If being gay is at least partly result of biology, why is it that other gender roles are not? Is this just a simple excuse to destroy the gender identities of gender normal people in the name of "tolerance"?
http://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/homosexuality

The Gender Equality Paradox
(In Norway, arguably considered one of the most "progressive" countries as far as "gender equality" have all kinds of programs to give people freedom to join workplaces often dominated by the opposite sex. The results showed even more segregation of gender when people had more choice, clearly indicating that people choose these jobs, not that they are discriminated against or excluded.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70
https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/jspui/handle/123456789/2349

Nature v Nurture (innate gender roles in primates)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mvZ4EbPbME

Sex differences in rhesus monkey toy preferences parallel those of (human) children
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2583786/

Evolutionary Psychology and the challenge of adaptive explanation.
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/ldc/GrayEP.pdf

Real science says you are wrong, but feel free to shit all over society, tearing it apart, then just slap a sticker on it that says "Science". Ever notice how if you ever dare to bring up evolutionary biology to some one who self identifies as a "feminist" they tend to lose their shit pretty quickly and start throwing accusations of sexism at you? I wonder why that is... could it be that biology totally contradicts the bullshit narrative that these groups are trying to force upon the rest of the world under the guise of tolerance?
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 05:11:42 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 05:36:51 PM by Beliathon

"That gender is a social construction has been a widely accepted fact for over fifty years in the social sciences."

First of all who taught you English? Nice sentence structure.
It's official, you're a tedious pedant.  Half to two thirds of my posts are from my (not so) smart phone,  there's a limit to how much I struggle with this thing, as long as the idea is conveyed IDGAF if it's perfect English.

Second of all just because you believe it is "a widely accepted fact" among the handful of political ideologues willing to confirm your biases for you does not make it fact. Furthermore "social sciences" are not hard sciences, there can not be true empirical data collected for these studies conducted within this field of study. There are far too many variables, and real scientists know that social sciences are not based on fact but observation (...)
It's official,  you don't understand how science works. No surprise there,  if you did you'd be forced to reject all god claims for lack of evidence.

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:07:57 PM

"While it's true that biological males and females are somewhat predispositioned to act differently(i.e masculine and/or feminine). You're right about gender norms being exclusively a social construct. "

You base this conclusion on what evidence? There are peer reviewed studies that indicate gender norms also have an innate biological component. I have yet to see any peer reviewed studies proving gender is purely a social construct.

Your personal observations of males and females are not scientific and are therefore irrelevant.

"For those who believe gender to have some biological basis such as in the case of transgenders, you're wrong. If you bother to read up on transgenders and their views on themselves, they feel like a biological female, even down to the genitalia(Such as feeling to have a vagina but being reminded of having a penis at times), meaning their perception of themselves is related to sex, not gender."

So transgender people "feel" a certain way. Does this prove anything? This is not science, this is observation of emotions which are not quantifiable scientifically. Additionally how do the feelings of transgender people have anything to do with the gender norms of hetero-normative children and adults? If there is some biological basis for gender norms as the studies linked below show, then don't you think it would cause far more damage to all of those children forcing them to adapt to something in opposition to their own biology? Is that not exactly what homosexuals are fighting for to prevent against themselves? What gives anyone the right to do that to the vast majority of the population in order to satiate the beliefs of a small minority of people?

In short you are promoting the destruction of societal structures millions rely upon in order to promote your ideals which have little to no scientific reasoning behind them. Good ideas supplant the bad ideas. The fact that you have to actively destroy the work of others shows to me very clearly how misguided and dangerous your socialist poison is. What gives you the right to destroy the gender norms of others?

Is being gay a choice? Most people would say no. If being gay is at least partly result of biology, why is it that other gender roles are not? Is this just a simple excuse to destroy the gender identities of gender normal people in the name of "tolerance"?
http://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/homosexuality

The Gender Equality Paradox
(In Norway, arguably considered one of the most "progressive" countries as far as "gender equality" have all kinds of programs to give people freedom to join workplaces often dominated by the opposite sex. The results showed even more segregation of gender when people had more choice, clearly indicating that people choose these jobs, not that they are discriminated against or excluded.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70
https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/jspui/handle/123456789/2349

Nature v Nurture (innate gender roles in primates)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mvZ4EbPbME

Sex differences in rhesus monkey toy preferences parallel those of (human) children
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2583786/

Evolutionary Psychology and the challenge of adaptive explanation.
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/ldc/GrayEP.pdf

Real science says you are wrong, but feel free to shit all over society, tearing it apart, then just slap a sticker on it that says "Science". Ever notice how if you ever dare to bring up evolutionary biology to some one who self identifies as a "feminist" they tend to lose their shit pretty quickly and start throwing accusations of sexism at you? I wonder why that is... could it be that biology totally contradicts the bullshit narrative that these groups are trying to force upon the rest of the world under the guise of tolerance?

I'm not sure if you'e trolling or just stupid, but the definition of gender: noun
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

The links you provided have nothing to do with gender, they are the biological differences in males and females, yes males tend to be more masculine and females more feminine because of biological differences, but gender encompasses a much wider range than  that. It encompasses aesthetics, behavior, personality all designated by that specific soceity. What you're describing is "sex" and the various attributes that come with it between males and females, not gender. Gender is classified a social construct because different societies have different roles that they assign to each sex(male/female).

Don't get confused on gender and sex, I suggest you go read more about them or go take a basic sociology class, because you sound very stupid.

I get the feeling that you rather just be a sheep and go with the flow for the supposed "betterment of society" based on your statements. Unfortunately many societies around the world are just wrong in their beliefs, laws, etc. Very basic thinking you have there... I don't care about the majority and how their affected, if even one person is affected negatively the majority in a way that's out of their control, such as being discriminated against for being homosexual, then the majority has to change.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 06:22:59 PM

I don't care about the majority and how their affected, if even one person is affected negatively the majority in a way that's out of their control, such as being discriminated against for being homosexual, then the majority has to change.
Wise words, our founding fathers shared this sentiment, they called it the "tyranny of the majority". This is what you get with a population that doesn't know their own history, even history as recent as a few hundred years ago.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: