Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God  (Read 37176 times)
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:02:49 PM

More science, less personal attacks.
Why bother? You have at your fingertips the greatest compendium of scientific knowledge ever assembled - a hundred thousand Libraries of Alexandria, all accessible today from a portable computer which fits in the palm of your hand. Relative to every other generation of humans who have ever lived - many of whom measured their knowledge as carefully as their wealth -  we and we alone are Kings. Our knowledge-wealth has reached infinity, today you can be on the internet learning 24/7/365 and you will never run out of new material to learn. With modern science mankind is (collectively) learning new information much faster than any one person could absorb it. Anyway, I digress. My point is, if access to this vast sea of knowledge has not cured you of your superstition, nothing I (or anyone else) could ever write here will.

I know how to use the internet.

[is a theist]

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 05:00:37 PM

Why bother? You have at your fingertips the greatest compendium of scientific knowledge ever assembled - a hundred thousand Libraries of Alexandria, all accessible today from a portable computer which fits in the palm of your hand. Relative to every other generation of humans who have ever lived - many of whom measured their knowledge as carefully as their wealth -  we and we alone are Kings. Our knowledge-wealth has reached infinity, today you can be on the internet learning 24/7/365 and you will never run out of new material to learn. With modern science mankind is (collectively) learning new information much faster than any one person could absorb it. Anyway, I digress. My point is, if access to this vast sea of knowledge has not cured you of your superstition, nothing I (or anyone else) could ever write here will.

[is a theist]

It is pretty simple to go around accusing people of being whatever you want. Quote a single theist based argument I made to you. Oh yes, that's right it never happened, so you can't.

Now that yes another baseless personal attack is put aside, would you care to support any of your other baseless claims with scientific evidence? (note: cartoons don't count as scientific evidence)
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 10:39:10 PM

[is a theist]

It is pretty simple to go around accusing people of being whatever you want. Quote a single theist based argument I made to you. Oh yes, that's right it never happened, so you can't.

Now that yes another baseless personal attack is put aside, would you care to support any of your other baseless claims with scientific evidence? (note: cartoons don't count as scientific evidence)

I can smell the stink of superstition on you a mile away,  theist. You're only fooling yourself,  no one else. Didn't your priest ever tell you not to talk to atheists? We're a threat because reason is the only antidote to superstition.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
orsotheysaid

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:56:29 PM

I like this idea, but when will we get rid of all sexually transmitted diseases? we may never see it during our lifetimes. It's a shame, because condon sex just sucks.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 12:46:46 AM

I like this idea, but when will we get rid of all sexually transmitted diseases? we may never see it during our lifetimes.
Nanotech is coming, if you're under 60 in 2015, you'll almost certainly see it within your lifetime.

It's a shame, because condon sex just sucks.
QFT, like eating candy with the wrapper on.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:17:11 AM

Just remember. The world has been around quite a long time. And History shows us that many nations and governments tried to get rid of religion over the last 4,000 years, but failed. There won't be complete success this time either. Religion will always return, stronger than ever, just as it has in the past.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 03:08:04 AM

I can smell the stink of superstition on you a mile away,  theist. You're only fooling yourself,  no one else. Didn't your priest ever tell you not to talk to atheists? We're a threat because reason is the only antidote to superstition.

Your delusions have nothing to do with me. I have never made a theist based argument to support my points. Your biases and prejudices have nothing to do with me and are simply a mechanism you use to defend your frail ideology, because you have no facts or logic behind your arguments to defend against some one arguing facts and science. There is no endless argument about an invisible man in the sky for you to hide your ignorance behind with endless bickering over things that can literally never be proven.

You claim I am a theist but you have faith in your ideology just like a theist does, without factual basis, and you claim scientific backing, and instead of the bible you hold up books filled with your ideology and claim it is science. You are no better than these ever present theists you see all around you. Funny how you still have found even more excuses to not provide scientific sources for any of your arguments. You know those theists, always demanding scientific data...
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 03:08:30 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 03:18:35 AM by Beliathon

instead of the bible you hold up books filled with your ideology and claim it is science.
If you pay close attention you may notice that the authors of Sex at Dawn and most of my other books have PHDs, and the books come with extensive works cited sections at the end. What kind of degrees did the authors of the bible have, incest and slavery degrees perhaps?

Just remember. The world has been around quite a long time. And History shows us that many nations and governments tried to get rid of religion over the last 4,000 years
Internet blew up around 1995, so of those 4,000 years only the most recent 20 are relevant to the cultural-social-political situation today.

I'm sure it would've been easy to dismiss the death of Feudalism just five years after the invention of the Printing Press. Less so 25 years after, far less so 50 years after.

Take a look at 1996 onward in the chart below, notice the shifting of the pattern?

TLDR Theism is a dead idea walking.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:19:43 AM

Just remember. The world has been around quite a long time. And History shows us that many nations and governments tried to get rid of religion over the last 4,000 years
Internet blew up around 1995, so of those 4,000 years only the most recent 20 are relevant to the cultural-social-political situation today.

I'm sure it would've been easy to dismiss the death of Feudalism just five years after the invention of the Printing Press. Less so 25 years after, far less so 50 years after.

Take a look at 1996 onward in the chart below, notice the shifting of the pattern?

Do you think theists are scared? It's been predicted, that many would have fallen and lawlessness would rule in the end, that is until Jesus comes back.

I think it's funny the title of this thread is about "killing God" versus "killing religion".

You know what I think? This belief in science as the be-all end-all is a religion. You've made it clear to me. You believe in it so much without questioning your beliefs. In lieu of having real scientific arguments, you believe everyone else who argues with you to be a theist. The real eye-opener for me though, is that you want God to be killed, and not religion. You want religion to live out, just in the worship of science.

If you had written that "sex will kill religion", I would never have to this conclusion, so thanks for clearing it up for me.

Edit: Just going to point out if you take those silly lines off the graph the "Very Important" was in an uptick, and you have it going down, and the "Not very important", looks like it was headed down, and the line goes up. Your science should have a better graph/statistics these days than that to come to those conclusions, it's been 7 years... have a recent one?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 03:33:18 AM

instead of the bible you hold up books filled with your ideology and claim it is science.
If you pay close attention you may notice that the authors of Sex at Dawn and most of my other books have PHDs, and the books come with extensive works cited sections at the end. What kind of degrees did the authors of the bible have, incest and slavery degrees perhaps?

This fallacy is called appeal to authority.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

You assume because they have PhDs that their arguments are valid. If their arguments are based on science, then produce the studies that support your argument. Lots of people who have PhD write books with nothing but bullshit in them to make money, because they know people like you will buy them because they support your bias with persuasive writing. That doesn't make them experts, or make their premise fact. Scientific studies and empirical data makes facts.

You can provide that scientific data at any time...
BitcoinMagician

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:50:52 AM

Just remember. The world has been around quite a long time. And History shows us that many nations and governments tried to get rid of religion over the last 4,000 years, but failed. There won't be complete success this time either. Religion will always return, stronger than ever, just as it has in the past.

Smiley

"stronger than ever"? I doubt it. I do realize that there seem to be a kind of pendulum effect with religiosity. secularism and religiosity have been battling for millennia. There can be extreme and barbaric anti-religion secularism, as there can be extreme and barbaric religiosity desperately protecting itself from any outside influence. I think extreme religious acts are increasingly frowned upon I believe that there will always be less people willing to act violently to further their ideology. In the age of the internet, making sense is a must.
Nowadays, religions of old are looking less and less appealing. New religions and reasonable religions (or religious sects) will prevail. That will be an increase in religiosity, but its base values will be humanistic. Slavery is seen as barbaric by Christians across the US, yet it was seen as completely normal for most 300 years ago.
The strengthening of the values of freedom of religion and freedom from religion will ensure that the pendulum of religiosity/secularity will be a swing in people's ideology, not what extremist party people will be subjugated to.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:02:00 AM

Smiley

"stronger than ever"? I doubt it. I do realize that there seem to be a kind of pendulum effect with religiosity. secularism and religiosity have been battling for millennia. There can be extreme and barbaric anti-religion secularism, as there can be extreme and barbaric religiosity desperately protecting itself from any outside influence. I think extreme religious acts are increasingly frowned upon I believe that there will always be less people willing to act violently to further their ideology. In the age of the internet, making sense is a must.
Nowadays, religions of old are looking less and less appealing. New religions and reasonable religions (or religious sects) will prevail. That will be an increase in religiosity, but its base values will be humanistic. Slavery is seen as barbaric by Christians across the US, yet it was seen as completely normal for most 300 years ago.
The strengthening of the values of freedom of religion and freedom from religion will ensure that the pendulum of religiosity/secularity will be a swing in people's ideology, not what extremist party people will be subjugated to.

Over time, extremists everywhere and every which way, either change, or wisely find a niche, or die.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:17:35 AM

Smiley

There will be no freedom of religion, until the end of days, at least. Freedom of religion is slipping away fast. Churches are have desecrated recently. People are suing others for not doing something they consider a sin (when it's not hurting anyone). We, religious people (and Christians in general), are headed towards persecution.

Though I argue with the validity of the conclusions of the graph shown, especially when it's 7 years old, I don't argue that there are less religious people nowadays, and less fully committed (versus the sin on a weekday, repent on Sunday types) religious people. It was prophesied to happen, it's just being fulfilled right now.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:13:21 AM

I wonder what 1.6 billion (projected to be 3 billion by 2050) of muslims world wide thinks about this "idea" of yours. Meanwhile amish population in the US increased from 3000 in 1900 to 300 000 currently, virtually only through procreation. You see, these religious whackos, unlike you, actually have children, so they dont even have to argue you. They will just breed you out of gene pool, like they did in ancient Persia and Roman Empire.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:50:38 AM

I wonder what 1.6 billion (projected to be 3 billion by 2050) of muslims world wide thinks about this "idea" of yours. Meanwhile amish population in the US increased from 3000 in 1900 to 300 000 currently, virtually only through procreation. You see, these religious whackos, unlike you, actually have children, so they dont even have to argue you. They will just breed you out of gene pool, like they did in ancient Persia and Roman Empire.

That's one of the reasons government is so important. It keeps the crooked politicians in one place so we always know where they are in case we need to incarcerate them. And often they don't breed because they are too busy screwing the people rather than keeping it at home.

Smiley

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 01:55:59 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 06:10:44 PM by Beliathon

You assume because they have PhDs that their arguments are valid.
I assume nothing, I've read the books and many of the works cited as well. You can find a plethora of scientific studies at the end of Sex At Dawn, which can be obtained free in EBOOK format via torrent here.

(Or navigate to the link through TBP if you don't trust me: https://thepiratebay.la/torrent/8389863/Sex_At_Dawn_How_We_Mate__Why_We_Stray_and_What_It_Means_for_Mode)

You see, these religious whackos, unlike you, actually have children, so they dont even have to argue you. They will just breed you out of gene pool, like they did in ancient Persia and Roman Empire.
Ah yes, breeding. A strategy that has been proven to work well throughout the ages, right up until the dawn of the information age. You see, now that theists are no longer able to insulate the minds of their children from outside information throughout the formative years, indoctrination (religious or otherwise) has a much higher chance of failure.

This is one of those trends that will only accelerate as children connect to the internet at younger ages. Walk around any city in America and you'll see kids - even toddlers - with smartphones. Modern children who grow up in industrialized nations are all connected to our global web of thought during their formative years! Hell, with the power of multimedia, these kids are being conveyed basic ideas before they have even learned to read! Nothing like this has ever happened before.

That's today, 2015. And look what's already happening (in America) as a result:

Sooner or later we're going to bridge the technological gap between wetware (brains) and hardware (computers), and when that day comes you can kiss your religion goodbye forever.

Face it, theists. You've lost.

P.S.
It won't be long before all the poor kids in like China, India, and sub-saharan Africa come online, as those areas have the benefit of leapfrogging the entire landline telecommunications tech evolution. They go from no telecom straight to internet-connected smartphone networks.

ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:18:09 PM

Sex is just an animal instinct like eating  Smiley It can't never kill religion  Smiley
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 02:21:30 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 02:53:00 PM by Beliathon

Sex is just an animal instinct like eating  Smiley It can't never kill religion
Your mistake is in thinking Homo Sapiens are civilized beings first, and animals second. In reality it's the other way around. You are a Primate; a Mammal; an Animal first and foremost. If you are ever faced with mortal danger you will know this to be true.

"I am my body", say it with me kids. Embodied experience, or "living in the present moment", which dominated human existence for our first five hundred thousand years as a species, is finally reasserting itself over abstract disembodied experience. With a fucking vengeance.

Orgasmic Nirvana is pure paradise on Earth. This can and will be the death of religion. What need have we for some fairy tale paradise after death, when Paradise on Earth is right there for the taking? As sex becomes more and more important to our culture, religion will continue to fade.

Do you think theists are scared? It's been predicted, that many would have fallen and lawlessness would rule in the end, that is until Jesus comes back.
How many years of dying religion will pass before you theists give up this silly "my White Knight will come save us!" bullshit?

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:08:17 PM

How many years of dying religion will pass before you theists give up this silly "my White Knight will come save us!" bullshit?

I've always loved that song, lol. Smiley

You're wrong that it will die.

Where is your more accurate recent graph without the silly lines going in opposite directions as the charted ones?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:13:52 PM

You act like the Internet will be here forever.

When sex freedom becomes full freedom, and people realize the possibilities, the Internet will die because people will be too busy engaging in the real thing to maintain the Internet. Those people who don't perish from overindulgence in sex, will finally realize that they have to go back to work to produce food so that they won't starve. Long before this happens, there will be all kinds of wild anarchy. The Net having been long gone, people in their pain will return to religion, partially because the dark ages will have returned.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: