Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:26:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God  (Read 37183 times)
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:59:35 PM

We don't know, you don't know, they don't know, no one knows.
Therefore God.
Theists 1. Atheists 0
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 09:29:37 PM

ITT: Theists who don't appreciate the irony of their Prophet Skepticism.

We don't know, you don't know, they don't know, no one knows.
Therefore God.
Theists 1. Atheists 0
rofl!

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 11:56:32 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 05:05:13 PM by Beliathon

I think as people know more about the world they live in and the science behind how it works, religion is going to continue to wane. It is just going to get harder and harder to convince people that a sky man is secretly controlling the universe. It seems silly to even say it anymore.

Except, when you combine all that we know about cause and effect, entropy, and universe complexity, there is no other answer except God.
Now there's a phrase you'll never hear from the mouth of a scientist.  Science is concerned with the probability of various explanations for observed phenomena. It doesn't deal in absolutes. Every answer science provides leads to ever more questions. Religion is the hubristic slamming shut of billions of doors of possibility, except one: God.

I know our indifferent and often cruel universe can be pretty terrifying to fathom, theists, but hiding under the safety blanket for fear of monsters is for children,  not adults.

And if, in the end, there does happen to be a creator(s),  organized religion only serves to hamper a true understanding of his/her/their creation. Only science can ever hope to offer a god-like understanding of this universe. That ought to convert every rational seeker of god(s) to the cause of science. But of course nearly all theists would prefer to cling blindly to their dogma like infants rather than understand reality ad best we currently understand it.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:21:29 AM

I know our indifferent and often cruel universe can be pretty terrifying to fathom, theists, but hiding under the safety blanket for fear of monsters is for children,  not adults.

And if there does happen to be a creator,  organized religion only serves to hamper a true understanding of his/her/their creation. Only science can ever hope to offer a god - like understanding of this universe. That ought to convert every rational seeker of god(s) to the cause of science.

Christianity means we will not fear, for the Lord stands with us, who else can be against us? There's no fear, when you have faith in God.

Do you fear?

You mean to say that in order to understand God, one must become like God in our understanding and the only way to do this is through science, yes?

Why do you feel the need to have a God-like understanding of this universe?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:22:32 AM

I think as people know more about the world they live in and the science behind how it works, religion is going to continue to wane. It is just going to get harder and harder to convince people that a sky man is secretly controlling the universe. It seems silly to even say it anymore.

Except, when you combine all that we know about cause and effect, entropy, and universe complexity, there is no other answer except God.
Now there's a phrase you'll never hear from the mouth of a scientist.  
Except that you don't know that. Just because you may have not heard it yet, doesn't mean that some scientist hasn't already said it in the hearing of others, some of whom might have even read your statement.

The fact that some scientists have never considered "cause and effect, entropy, and universe complexity" combined, certainly has to be factual considering the great number of scientists out there. And probably, when they consider it, there will be some of them that will not come to the conclusion that "there is no other answer except God." And there will be many who will not like the conclusion, so they will not accept it even when they see it is truth.

Science is concerned with the probability of various explanations for observed phenomena. It doesn't deal in absolutes. Every answer science provides leads to ever more questions. Religion is the hubristic slamming shut of billions of doors of possibility, except one: God.
Quite the contrary. Religion is the opening of all kinds of avenues of scientific endeavor. Why? Because it is God Who made it all. And it is God Who can make even more if He so desires.

It is the people who will not accept the undeniable conclusion that God exists, that comes from examining "cause and effect, entropy, and universe complexity" combined and in detail, who are limiting mankind not only to a weak and unnatural universe, but also to an absence of God, the Creator of all things, and the only One Who can create even more.

Denying the fact of the existence of God doesn't take Him away. It only places the one who denies into a position of weakness because he won't take hold of the strength of God that God is holding out to every person.

And if there does happen to be a creator,  organized religion only serves to hamper a true understanding of his/her/their creation. Only science can ever hope to offer a god - like understanding of this universe. That ought to convert every rational seeker of god(s) to the cause of science. But of course nearly all theists would prefer to cling blindly to their dogma like infants rather than understand reality ad best we currently understand it.

Science might offer up a God for all to view, if it would only digest "cause and effect, entropy, and universe complexity" combined and in detail. Then it would see that there is absolutely a God holding everything in place.

Since most of science doesn't want to do this (it seems), the only final result will be the destruction of science by a the God who is the Absolute Authority, and has been holding Himself back all this while in mercy and grace, knowing that when it comes to reality, scientists are so extremely retarded, that they are "special children" who need a lot of guidance in the hopes that they will turn into thinking adults someday.

But God won't wait forever. He will only wait until their death. And if He moves before their natural death, their life might be snuffed out prematurely, all of it gone, before they have a chance to turn to God and be saved.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 01:01:47 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 04:09:47 PM by Beliathon

Do you fear?
Yes, all sane men know fear. I fear suffering. As a child I suffered more than my fair share, and wish to suffer as little as possible for the remainder of my life, however long that may be.

Quite the contrary. Religion is the opening of all kinds of avenues of scientific endeavor. Why? Because it is God Who made it all.

Except that you don't know that. Just because you may have not heard it yet, doesn't mean that some scientist hasn't already said it in the hearing of others, some of whom might have even read your statement.
Oh but I do know. I know because, just as a doctor who forsakes "do no harm" forsakes the right to call himself a doctor, the moment a scientist starts dealing in superstition, he forfeits the right to call himself a scientist. In that moment he becomes an impostor of the foulest sort.

This is why "Christian Scientists" (lol) have such an abysmal reputation among real scientists.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:23:15 PM

Do you fear?
Yes, all sane men know fear. I fear suffering, for as a child I suffered more than my fair share, and wish to suffer as little as possible for the remainder of my life, however long that may be.

I'm sorry.

Christians can see suffering as a way to build us up, get us ready for a bigger challenge, because we believe in the long run. Suffering refines us and makes us stronger.

Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

And in the long run is Heaven and peace.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows

"If God’s gifts are our blessings, and the devil’s assaults are also our blessings, what remains to harm or depress us? If good is good and evil is equally good to the enlightened, then a realm of life is entered where we rejoice always, in everything give thanks, and in all things are more than conquerors.” - Norman Grubb

I know you will see this as "insane" since you said all sane people fear. I know you believe religious people need their religion to keep them calm because they're scared and can't handle the real world.

However, I don't believe this because I'm afraid and need comfort. I see this as truth and it gives me comfort.
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:47:09 PM

Beliathon will regret  Wink
We all know when...
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 02:15:23 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 04:24:53 PM by Beliathon

Beliathon will regret

we all know when
I was hit by a truck on my bike once, woke up in the hospital, and was informed that I was lucky to be alive and in one piece. My mind never once turned to any deities or other imaginary friends that day. If it had, it probably would've been one of the cool ones like Thor or Zeus. Definitely not that blubbering pussydick Jesus Christ, that guy was such a whiny bitch.

I mean seriously, whose ass did Jesus ever kick? Okay, to be fair I suppose there was that one time when he whipped the bankers in the temple, but my point stands - Thor would totally whoop Jesus Christ's ass.

Does it comfort you to imagine that I would be so weak-minded as to suddenly betray two decades of rationality in exchange for a few fleeting moments indulgence in superstitious fantasy? You can't be serious. Fear of death is for those fortunate enough to have never known true suffering.

Honestly I regard death with a sort of neutral curiosity. It's going to happen sooner or later, why fret about it?

Do you fear?
Yes, all sane men know fear. I fear suffering, for as a child I suffered more than my fair share, and wish to suffer as little as possible for the remainder of my life, however long that may be.

I'm sorry.

Christians can see suffering as a way to build us up,
Yes, pain purifies the soul, pleasure taints the soul, I've heard it all before. Like I said, I've read your books and I find the dogma uncompelling, and worse still I find it to be much more harmful than helpful. Well, I'll let you boys get back to your flagellation, don't wanna leave that soul impure for your Lord do you?

Man this shit never gets old. Thanks for being so easy to mock, theists. Frankly this whole thread has left me feeling like a battleship shooting down seagulls.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 02:19:58 PM

Do you fear?

I'm sorry.

Christians can see suffering as a way to build us up,
Yes, pain purifies the soul, pleasure taints the soul, I've heard all the dogma before. Like I said, I've read your books and I find the dogma to be much more harmful and it is helpful.

Pleasure can come from doing what's right and moral too. It's not either/or. 
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 02:34:16 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 04:03:19 PM by Beliathon

Pleasure can come from doing what's right and moral too. It's not either/or.  
You'll forgive me if I prefer not to take morality lessons from a cult which was was recently burning people alive, and still kills homosexuals today.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 03:46:08 PM

Oh but I do know. I know because, just as a doctor who forsakes "do no harm" forsakes the right to call himself a doctor, the moment a scientist starts dealing in superstition, he forfeits the right to call himself a scientist, and becomes an impostor of the foulest sort.

This is why "Christian Scientists" (lol) have such an abysmal reputation among real scientists.

"There is no other answer except" is a phrase inappropriate even for hard mathematics, when you get right down to the nitty-gritty quantum mechanics of it.

Except for one little detail. In a few, short explanations in this thread and the Why do Atheists hate Religion ? thread, I have shown how cause and effect, universe complexity, and entropy combine to prove God exists. And I have done it using standard, simple-to-understand science. Anybody can check it out. If you think it is faulty, why don't you refute it rather than simply express that it is refuted?

There is nothing different about scientists wanting to remain in the dark ages. Many other people have done so over the years. Scientists love to maintain their religion just like anybody else.

Those of us who are looking past the lies of scientists, and finding the truth about the science that the scientists proclaim, see the reality of God throughout life.

When God has finally lost His patience with sexually immoral people, He will change things. And we may not have to wait very long. The change back to the morals of religion is following right behind the scourge of modern immorality.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 03:59:26 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 04:35:55 PM by Beliathon

I have shown how cause and effect, universe complexity, and entropy combine to prove God exists.
You have shown us evidence that god exists to the standards of superstitious rigor, certainly. I tend to limit my interest in such matters to the standards of scientific rigor, however.

Protip for theists: If you ever find yourself wanting to say something along the lines of "Except for one little detail" to a scientist, don't. You're only going to embarrass yourself.

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 04:52:45 PM

What's it like to be an atheist for a day?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:52:59 PM

I have shown how cause and effect, universe complexity, and entropy combine to prove God exists.
You have shown us evidence that god exists to the standards of superstitious rigor, certainly. I tend to limit my interest in such matters to the standards of scientific rigor, however.

Protip for theists: If you ever find yourself wanting to say something along the lines of "Except for one little detail" to a scientist, don't. You're only going to embarrass yourself.

You are funny. I am happy for the scientists who are using their illusion of free will to defy God. God wants them to use their free will. Since they use it to deny Him, their destruction that He brings on them will be complete. The start of their destruction is death.

However, praise be to God Who has allowed many scientists to revere God.

My embarrassment... LOL!    Cheesy

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:55:17 PM

The peace of an atheist may last for a day, but the peace of a saved theist will last forever.

Smiley

Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 01:09:11 AM

The peace of an atheist may last for a day, but the peace of a saved theist will last forever.
This will prove especially ironic after science conquers death.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 02:23:59 AM

I was hit by a truck on my bike once...
Massive head trauma... that explains a lot.
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:11:01 AM

He must be retarded or autistic because his worldview is so narrow, he can't imagine "other realities" and gets angry if someone claims he is wrong.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:54:49 AM

He must be retarded or autistic because his worldview is so narrow, he can't imagine "other realities" and gets angry if someone claims he is wrong.

If you were carrying a truck on YOUR bike, I can't understand why it wouldn't have slapped you in the face at least twice.

Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: