Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:39:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God  (Read 37183 times)
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:58:13 AM

I can guarantee u that God will not die if we had sex. Why would he die...? If he does not want us to have sex he/she has got infinite ways to express that to us.

It has been expressed for it is one of the Laws of God:

YOU MUST OBEY THE WISDOM OF GOD FOR THE RESPONSIBLE AND BALANCED PROCREATION OF YOUR SPECIES.

We have written about the Commitment of Marriage by A MAN and A WOMAN To God as being one of the necessary components to also becoming a PARENT for God which means procreating your species. (SEE Law # 8 "You Must Not Commit Adultery)."

Now the DIVINE and SACRED "act" which was created by GOD for the pro-creation of the species you ones call "sexual union". God created THIS DIVINE UNION to be performed between ONE man and ONE woman specifically for maintaining the balanced level of the species for each given planetary system. Now the "fallen" ones or adversaries of GODNESS have completely perverted and maligned this once "sacred" and "divine" act that at one time was DONE with complete LOVE and DEVOTION to THE FATHER within each partner, so that it (sex) is now called "a birthright" to be done often, with impunity and with MANY partners of either sex and without consideration of LOVE or responsible pro-creation. How we and THE FATHER weep for you! This ONE abuse of God's creation has nearly destroyed your species!
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:19:17 AM

In other words, it says, "We're going to concede to this one unscientific assumption in order to make the whole of scientific methodology valid."
So, this "one unscientific assumption" turns out to be false (generally), correct?

While this makes it valid,
How can it be "valid" when it starts from a (generally) false premise?
Oh, I see that in formal logic the definition of "valid" states that an argument can have false premises and still be valid.
How convenient for science that it can be based on a falsehood and still claim "validity"!
As a result, scientists can ignore overwhelming evidence by claiming that "more research is needed" before coming to a "conclusion", when in reality there is no possibility in coming to a true conclusion in a valid way if the premise is mistaken!

it places an impenetrable upper limit upon scientific exploration, and any concept beyond this limit
There's no evidence for abstract mathematical laws, either, but we believe in them and use them all the time anyway because they are self-consistent, logical constructs.
There is evidence that some part of the personality survives death, some of the time.
Note the 52 points on the near-death site and the case of the dead chess master, among others...
This refutes humanism, defined as the idea that man is the guarantor of all knowledge and reason, and therefore it indicates that either there is no substance to knowledge and reason (i.e. non-humanist atheism), or all knowledge and reason is founded and guarantied by a Supreme being.

The proof of God is not contingent upon any metaphysical conclusion, only that the one evaluating the evidence concludes that knowledge is valid and has substance, and that no cogent rebuttal of these 52+ points (of knowledge) exists. Therefore, it is theoretically possible to prove a Supreme being using logic and empirical evidence.

My definition: A supreme being who is the founder and guarantor of knowledge.
My proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.5300

Responding in order:

1)  The one "unscientific assumption" is either false or true depending upon the context from which you're examining it.  In a broad, generalized context, it seems to be false.  Not only, as you point out, are there experiments that suggest observation does causally effect physical reality (e.g. by collapsing the wave function), but in a self-apparent sense it seems that physical reality is defined in tandem with observation, i.e. things are what they are when they are perceived as they are.

In an empirical context, the assumption is true.  Any true conclusion derived from empirical exploration necessitates that the assumption is true, else the conclusion can't possibly follow.  We can't explain isolated phenomena in terms of other isolated phenomena unless we control for observation.  In this context, the assumption can be rephrased in a different way:  Instead of assuming "observation doesn't causally effect physical reality," empirical science says "we live in a Positivistic Universe, i.e. a universe wherein physical phenomena have a static nature that is independent of observation, and we can treat them as they are all by themselves."

2)  Science is valid because it must blare its limitations at every turn.  Any scientific conclusion carries a margin-of-error because controlling for observation forces us to use inductive reasoning to make our predictions.  Even from a broader, philosophical perspective, science is valid because it must always acknowledge that certain assumptions are carried which it cannot falsify.  In exchange for the inability to both 1) make conclusions beyond all margin-of-error and 2) explore and conclude upon that which is beyond its scope, it gains specific explanatory power inasmuch as it can formulate working models of specific physical processes. 

As it turns out, this has been incredibly advantageous to us.  In a practical sense, successfully navigate our world through the use of inductive reasoning all the time after perceiving isolated conditions and events in our environment that appear most relevant to us.  In a scientific sense, we can formalize this same approach to learn valuable information about isolated conditions and events that allows us to build a library of knowledge, lending itself to technological development, medical advances, and a better quality of life.

What becomes problematic is when proponents of science misrepresent or misunderstand its limitations so as to use that same library of knowledge to make invalid assertions, e.g. when empirical data is used to conclude upon abstract concepts and principles.  Some things, such as mathematical constructs, are abstract and, despite being real, are not found in physical reality.  We might describe physical systems in terms of these mathematical constructs, but that does not mean that the physical systems themselves are evidence of these constructs.  Broadening the thought, there may be an abstract concept that we call God that can be used to describe and explain all physical phenomena, but that doesn't mean that any or all physical phenomena is evidence of God.

3)  I think it is possible to prove whether a supreme being (God) is logically necessary or unnecessary, but for the reasons aforementioned it is impossible to prove God via empirical evidence.  There could, however, be empirical evidence that suggests or supports the existence of God if it aligns with a pre-existing logical framework in which God has already been deemed necessary.  In the case such a framework exists, then any and all empirical evidence should align with this framework and support it, but the evidence will forever be insufficient proof in and of itself.
Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:12:41 PM

To everyone who say : "no one can prove God's existence", I respond you : "no one can prove men are equals".

Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 06:53:07 AM

If your religion is a failure than it does not means that whole of this phenomenon is a failure
All religions are failed sciences. Religion and science seek the same thing: to explain existence, give us purpose and meaning. Religion just makes up the answers, while science is the only surefire method of pattern recognition.

Correct, science is a surefire method of pattern recognition, and it exceeds at this because it makes the blanket assumption that observation does not causally effect what it observes.  This assumption is scientifically unfalsifiable.

That's your argument? That's really what you brought to my fucking table?

How shamefully sophomoric. Take that weakass shit back to seventh grade philosophy class where it belongs, kid. This is the internet. You're a goddamn disgrace.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:32:31 PM

Beliathon you sound like the Oregon school shooter  Shocked Are you planning to do some of that stupid shit you are saying here? Please don't do it!!
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 01:08:07 PM

What a beautiful topic, i will contribuite, certainly.

# 1 - God not exist.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:47:55 PM

What a beautiful topic, i will contribuite, certainly.

# 1 - God not exist.

Except that, you don't have any proof that God doesn't exist. In fact, there are lots of evidences that something that can fit the "God" category exists.

Since you are setting up your determination without proof, you are claiming that you have the strength or knowledge or wisdom to make such a determination. Thus, you are setting yourself up as God simply by making a determination that you are unqualified to make.

This means that God exists after all... YOU!

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:55:50 PM

God is love.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 09:43:22 PM

God is love.
Dream on.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
practicaldreamer

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:30:32 PM

Is love a dream?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:14:15 PM

If your religion is a failure than it does not means that whole of this phenomenon is a failure
All religions are failed sciences. Religion and science seek the same thing: to explain existence, give us purpose and meaning. Religion just makes up the answers, while science is the only surefire method of pattern recognition.

Correct, science is a surefire method of pattern recognition, and it exceeds at this because it makes the blanket assumption that observation does not causally effect what it observes.  This assumption is scientifically unfalsifiable.

That's your argument? That's really what you brought to my fucking table?

How shamefully sophomoric. Take that weakass shit back to seventh grade philosophy class where it belongs, kid. This is the internet. You're a goddamn disgrace.

This "sophomoric" assumption is sophomoric because you need to know its implications.  Could you enlighten me as to why it's not an issue? 
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:11:20 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 01:06:33 AM by popcorn1

The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God
How is this so? lets look at the facts..

VICARS  have been having sex with kids for hundreds of years
also in some Christian faiths you can marry more than 1 time so lots of sex.

MUSLIMS  are still having sex with kids to this day and they have a 1000 virgins waiting for them to have sex with when they go to heaven .Plus they can have loads of wives meaning lots of sex

JEWS can marry more than one wife meaning lots of sex also they cut there foreskin so its less likely to get sexual diseases .So less likely to pass it on to there other wife..

So if you ask me sex plays a big part in religion Grin
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 02:20:31 PM

No, you are a dream, and God has just shown himself out.

From now on you will be my nightmare instead of his dream. Enjoy the ride.

tom555

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:15:40 PM

How sex will kill God.
i still not understand about that sentence,even i read you post.  Huh
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:19:23 AM

How sex will kill God.
i still not understand about that sentence,even i read you post.  Huh
God demands rejecting embodied experience for imagined purity. Pleasure and reason both compel humans toward orgasm, the impure tainting of the soul as far as the Abhrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í) are concerned.

Basically this, and that's just 20th century stuff. You can't imagine what's to come, all your lies, all your myths, all your delusions will melt away in the light of the information age.

1aguar

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:27:00 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 05:43:33 AM by 1aguar

How sex will kill God.
i still not understand about that sentence,even i read you post.  Huh
God demands rejecting embodied experience for imagined purity. Pleasure and reason both compel humans toward orgasm, the impure tainting of the soul as far as the Abhrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í) are concerned.

Basically this, and that's just 20th century stuff. You can't imagine what's to come, all your lies, all your myths, all your delusions will melt away in the light of the information age.

I am looking forward to the day that skeptics and Beliathon will be able to use reason in explaining ALL of the evidence thus far provided.

http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html
practicaldreamer

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:53:25 AM

No, you are a dream, and God has just shown himself out.

From now on you will be my nightmare instead of his dream. Enjoy the ride.

"God is love" almost secularises God - takes all the mysticism out of it - humanises it. God is, after all, created by man.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as i have loved you, that ye also love one another" - and in this way it was proposed that the individual enters the Kingdom of Heaven.

Read Tolstoys "Gospels in Brief" - when an individual stops believing he is drawn to death, but when he starts to believe he is drawn back to life.

I'm not talking about organised religion here - I'm talking more about that which makes life possible for the individual.

As I say, God is Love.
1aguar

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:57:20 PM

"God is love" almost secularises God - takes all the mysticism out of it - humanises it. God is, after all, created by man.

It does not humanize God at all because when we take Jesus literally, we are faced with the impossible. How can we truly "love thy neighbor as thyself"? But when we see the exhortations of jesus as invitations to join him on a higher spiritual plane, his words suddenly make sense.

God was not created by man, but the Churches and social order were created by man as a means of control, as you can read in Tolstoy's The Kingdom of God Is Within You.
practicaldreamer

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:20:51 PM

.. the Churches and social order were created by man as a means of control.. .
Yes.

...as you can read in Tolstoy's The Kingdom of God Is Within You.

I've read it. With respect, I think the clue is in the title.

God was not created by man

How else would you know "Him" ?
 Of course you created him (her, them, it).

1aguar

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:48:44 PM

God was not created by man

How else would you know "Him" ?
 Of course you created him (her, them, it).
I think you are assuming humanism, the idea that man is the founder and guarantor of knowledge; you use that idea as your first premise, but that idea (humanism) has been discredited by scientific evidence.
It seems to me that your argument goes like this:

You can only know something that you created.
You can know God since His kingdom is within you, i.e. a part of you.
Therefore, if you know Him, then you have created Him.

However, if Man's reason is not the end-all and be-all of knowledge (since there is strong evidence to suggest that knowledge does not cease at the moment that Man's life ceases), then the first premise is wrong, and in that case you can know something that your Creator has revealed.
We are God's creation, His children. A part of him dwells within us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: