Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:33:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pool For Beginners  (Read 2731 times)
IgpayAtinLay (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 05:19:20 PM

https://www.triplemining.com/
I am a beginner using a low end GPU, but over the last 24 hours i have made .0230459. Why? I think because the pool is so small (only 86.83 GH/s), and my rate of 20.1 Mhash/s gets me a share every 10 minutes or so (maybe ive been jus getting lucky?) and it's only 250-300 miners at a time, so the payout is more since there are less people. Now, it does take longer for payout due to longer block finding time, but its a no fee pool, and it's way more than the .000xxxx i was making in Slush's pool when i first started. Just a suggestion.
Again, thanks to all the members who helped me yesterday. I got up to 20.1 Mhash/s by overclocking (safely) my drivers btw. a neat trick i found through google.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 05:23:43 PM

I am a beginner using a low end GPU, but over the last 24 hours i have made .0230459. Why? I think because the pool is so small (only 86.83 GH/s), and my rate of 20.1 Mhash/s gets me a share every 10 minutes or so (maybe ive been jus getting lucky?) and it's only 250-300 miners at a time, so the payout is more since there are less people. Now, it does take longer for payout due to longer block finding time, but its a no fee pool, and it's way more than the .000xxxx i was making in Slush's pool when i first started. Just a suggestion.
Again, thanks to all the members who helped me yesterday. I got up to 20.1 Mhash/s by overclocking (safely) my drivers btw. a neat trick i found through google.

Maybe you won the weekly jackpot. I don't mathematically see a reason for a 20x increase simply by changing pools. Keep checking it.
IgpayAtinLay (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 05:28:00 PM

Maybe you won the weekly jackpot. I don't mathematically see a reason for a 20x increase simply by changing pools. Keep checking it.

of course in Slush's i was only mining off of CPU (5Mhash/s), but im sure with the fees charged there, i am still making more here than i would be there. correct?
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 05:40:14 PM

5MH/s isn't worth it. Neither is 20MH/s. In 20 years those few coins might be worth it, but you are wasting your money right now. You'll end up spending more in electrical cost, and wearing out your processing units. You could get more coin for your money by buying from MtGox or another exchange. You've made roughly $0.24 in the last 24 hours, and likely used double that in electrical costs, with the addition of wearing down your GPU/CPU ever so slightly.

But to answer your question, EMC is the best.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
RedSpade

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 05:50:48 PM

Hi mufa23,
I'm new in this forum and thus cant post in the marketplace forum.
I'm interested in your Dirt 3 - Steam key offer.
Could you contact me on steam?

Nick: RedSpade

That would be enough to recognize me.

Looking farword to it..
IgpayAtinLay (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 06:27:45 PM

Hi mufa23,
I'm new in this forum and thus cant post in the marketplace forum.
I'm interested in your Dirt 3 - Steam key offer.
Could you contact me on steam?

Nick: RedSpade

That would be enough to recognize me.

Looking farword to it..
atleast i helped one guy out ^^
but there's this neat thing ANYONE can do, called PM RedSpade
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 06:40:52 PM

I haven't dipped my feet in the mining game yet.

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:51:15 PM

Slush's pool has extremely high variance for occasional miners, as the value of "old" shares decays to almost nothing very quickly.
If you must mine on your 20Mh/s, point it at one of the DGM pools, or go to the mighty deepbit and bump their hashrate up so I can hop there a little better  Wink
AfricanHunter

Activity: 157
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 11:52:26 PM

For a newbie I think Bitminter is the best as the GUI is insanely easy to use. I was solomining for last couple months and got fed up (no coins). Chose Bitminter and was up in minutes. Good payouts, stats, nice speeds on AMD GPU (7970 for me).

Thinking about doing business with johnniewalkerhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=72227?
First read this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131841.0

Also, Join the National Rifle Association to protect 2nd Amendment Rights http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR020022
IgpayAtinLay (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:16:09 AM

For a newbie I think Bitminter is the best as the GUI is insanely easy to use. I was solomining for last couple months and got fed up (no coins). Chose Bitminter and was up in minutes. Good payouts, stats, nice speeds on AMD GPU (7970 for me).
Are you truly an african hunter?
Thefyee

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:22:16 AM

Any other good mining sites anyone can recommend?
BTCMiners.net

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 05:20:15 AM

I'll have my pool up and running here soon.  It's a sub pool to p2pool, payouts are daily on a proportional basis, tossing around a PPS as well..

It's not up yet, but will be soon.  www.PeerMining.us

Buy Cloud Hashing! $8.50 USD per GH/s!  [32.231 TH/s] Remaining
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329674.20  -- www.BTCMiners.net
IgpayAtinLay (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:44:42 PM

I'll have my pool up and running here soon.  It's a sub pool to p2pool, payouts are daily on a proportional basis, tossing around a PPS as well..

Pm me as soon as it is up and running. I'll join it ASAP!
BTCMiners.net

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 08:02:45 PM

Pm me as soon as it is up and running. I'll join it ASAP!

Sweet deal, will do!

Shadow383

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:14:48 PM

How do you handle PPS with p2pool? I have an interesting idea but I want to know how you're doing it first  Cheesy
BTCMiners.net

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 08:23:52 PM

How do you handle PPS with p2pool? I have an interesting idea but I want to know how you're doing it first  Cheesy

So far it's an idea.

I'm not looking to make this a profitable pool, just looking to cover overhead costs of running it.  My PPS idea is pretty basic really.  If there is enough market for PPS, then I'll setup another server, which will require me to colo another server and then setup pushpool or something of the likes (undecided) and simply just running a PPS with some fee attached to it all.

(Again, this is just an idea at the moment, am awaiting the results of the first pool before I just jump in head first with no idea of outcome.)

shamoons

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:30:33 PM

p2pool is "the best". Not only because of the returns it provides, but because of the inherent fairness it has. No pool operator is in control of any large percentage of hashing power.
BTCMiners.net

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 08:33:29 PM

p2pool is "the best". Not only because of the returns it provides, but because of the inherent fairness it has. No pool operator is in control of any large percentage of hashing power.

Exactly! Mainly the reason I'm starting my first pool as a sub-pool of P2Pool, simply because it will payout to the users in a fair manner and also it will personally benefit me by building my reputation up.

Shadow383

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:35:54 PM

So far it's an idea.

I'm not looking to make this a profitable pool, just looking to cover overhead costs of running it.  My PPS idea is pretty basic really.  If there is enough market for PPS, then I'll setup another server, which will require me to colo another server and then setup pushpool or something of the likes (undecided) and simply just running a PPS with some fee attached to it all.

(Again, this is just an idea at the moment, am awaiting the results of the first pool before I just jump in head first with no idea of outcome.)
It's actually fairly easy to do just by collecting shares on one port and passing them to a p2pool instance on another port - ygpm  Smiley
BTCMiners.net

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 08:39:06 PM

So far it's an idea.

It's actually fairly easy to do just by collecting shares on one port and passing them to a p2pool instance on another port - ygpm  Smiley

Got it! Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: