Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin  (Read 1962 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 05:15:34 AM

I told you guys! Many people are claiming that Litecoin is a shitcoin, but there you go. I was expecting about $5 price before the reward halves, but this is by far exceeding my expectations.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 05:29:55 AM

Coinmarketcap dot com claims it is at $3.99, what is this over-five you seem to be referring to?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 05:31:52 AM

Coinmarketcap dot com claims it is at $3.99, what is this over-five you seem to be referring to?

-MarkM-

It means that LTC will halve in about ~60 days and current price is over my expectations. I was expecting higher prices probably by the end of July, but this came as surprise... a good one though. Smiley

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:51:43 AM

So this thread is to inform us of Litecoin exceeding your expectations?  Must had been extremely low expectations or short memory, because the people who bought at $700 billion capitalization have since taken 80% $Fiat losses with LTC. . . . .  

It is a shitcoin and there's no room to argue about it.  It was a clone of BTC with a few minor improvements and those improvements didn't last long as the miners figured out ways to get around the restrictions.

It is the number 2 volume but largely because nothing has yet to rival Bitcoin, not rival Litecoin but Bitcoin itself.   When a platform like Bitshares, NEM or NXT creates a product needed by millions and millions adopt it - Bitcoin with only 100,000 users will be left behind, BTC gets demoted and then there's simply isn't a need for Litecoin to exist.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 05:56:50 AM

No, this thread is not about my expectations and I'm not arguing with you whether Litecoin is a shitcoin or not, because the figures speak for themselves.

P.S. $700B cap? Yeah.....

sun64986161

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

In God Im Trust

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:01:44 AM

Shocked  Shocked wow Shitcoin now 4.65$/coin

who will say Litecoin is shitcoin again  Huh
https://i.imgur.com/5JOrLOv.jpg

fuck bit-x
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 06:06:48 AM

Shocked  Shocked wow Shitcoin now 4.65$/coin

who will say Litecoin is shitcoin again  Huh
https://i.imgur.com/5JOrLOv.jpg

Let them guys talk whatever they want. All I know is that I own thousands of LTC and I'm way more happier than yesterday. Smiley Ah, and yeah... my miners are now earning x3 comparing to a week ago...

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:06:54 AM

I told you guys! Many people are claiming that Litecoin is a shitcoin, but there you go. I was expecting about $5 price before the reward halves, but this is by far exceeding my expectations.

Yup.  That you did.  Is this the start of "The Rise and Rise of LTC"?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 06:09:54 AM

Yup.  That you did.  Is this the start of "The Rise and Rise of LTC"?

If it settle @ ~$4 before the halving personally I will be happy enough. Everything above that price is suprise (there is even rhyme Smiley).

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:58:39 AM

Most in this altcoin section have been manipulated into hating litecoin, they won't be buyers unless litecoin breaks $50.

Bitrated user: Mick.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:04:29 AM

In really dunno why, but litcoin is imho faceless, without community semi-dead project, which is just pumped when bitcoin is pumped. without any practical usage, major players or cool projects around..
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 07:37:24 AM

In really dunno why, but litcoin is imho faceless, without community semi-dead project, which is just pumped when bitcoin is pumped. without any practical usage, major players or cool projects around..

How many advertises have you seen on USD, Euro or Gold? They just exist and people know what they worth. Same thing is with Litecoin, which many claims to be the Bitcoin's silver. Gimmicks in new coins/assets will not change that.. at least in near (crypto) future.

P.S. Imho latest LTC spikes are not that affected from Bitcoin.

TaunSew

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:40:10 AM

Most in this altcoin section have been manipulated into hating litecoin, they won't be buyers unless litecoin breaks $50.

Manipulated by  whom?  I don't think there are any omnipotent spirits corrupting people here.

Delicately put - LTC is something where its' development is semi-abandoned (esp by Lee), it has virtually no community, it has no advantages over Bitcoin and yet it is number 2 because of timing and nothing else.    You may read these words with hostility but it's nothing personal, pretend I am saying this outloud like Spock or an emotionless cyborg.

I find it difficult to explain it on here and yet this is Cryptocurrency City with a lot of self-professed experts.

How do you explain Litecoin (and alternates) to someone on the street without making cryptocurrency look like one big joke?   "Oh right this number 2 coin... uhh it's just a straight up clone of Bitcoin, with virtually no changes, and it's number 2 'just cuz' and oh it's the 'silver of bitcoin brah'  " )

Doge also probably caused irreparable damage on the legitimacy of alternates, with its' big fat yellow dog, but that's another subject.  The solution to fix alternates is for either Bitshares, NEM or NXT to release a product that is actually needed and wanted by more than Bitcoin's 100,000 users.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:48:02 AM

you think, that litecoin pumps are not caused by rising bitcoin? so even if bitcoin remains stable, litecoin may rise? I really don't think so..
TaunSew

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:50:19 AM

you think, that litecoin pumps are not caused by rising bitcoin? so even if bitcoin remains stable, litecoin may rise? I really don't think so..

Hah!  That was a good point.  Right the Litecoiners on this section were surprisingly absent and quiet until the $55 raise we saw during the past weeks.  Before that, when BTC was clearly stagnant at $200, Litecoin didn't look so rosy.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 07:51:40 AM

Manipulated by  whom?  I don't think there are any omnipotent spirits corrupting people here.

Delicately put - LTC is something where its' development is semi-abandoned (esp by Lee), it has virtually no community, it has no advantages over Bitcoin and yet it is number 2 because of timing and nothing else.    You may read these words with hostility but it's nothing personal, pretend I am saying this outloud like Spock or an emotionless cyborg.

I find it difficult to explain it on here and yet this is Cryptocurrency City with a lot of self-professed experts.

How do you explain Litecoin (and alternates) to someone on the street without making cryptocurrency look like one big joke?   "Oh right this number 2 coin... uhh it's just a straight up clone of Bitcoin, with virtually no changes, and it's number 2 'just cuz' and oh it's the 'silver of bitcoin brah'  " )

Doge also probably caused irreparable damage on the legitimacy of alternates, with its' big fat yellow dog, but that's another subject.  The solution to fix alternates is for either Bitshares, NEM or NXT to release a product that is actually needed and wanted by more than Bitcoin's 100,000 users.

The only thing I can agree is DOGE. I will always think that it is a joke. You can't just underestimate other coins/assets just because you think your favorites has better ideas.
I can give you an example with my beloved FAIL. Our next goal is to reach to more than 40 million YouTube subscribers and work with both Like and Unlike buttons, but those are currently just plans and ideas.
Until then there are Bitcoin and Litecoin.

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:52:25 AM

It is a shitcoin and there's no room to argue about it.  It was a clone of BTC with a few minor improvements and those improvements didn't last long as the miners figured out ways to get around the restrictions.

you sound mad bro , It's actually a better clone of btc with major "small" improvements.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 07:54:00 AM

I think there are 2 main reasons for LTC to spike that high:
1. Halving is soon.
2. It's cheaper than Bitcoin.

Hah!  That was a good point.  Right the Litecoiners on this section were surprisingly absent and quiet until the $55 raise we saw during the past weeks.  Before that, when BTC was clearly stagnant at $200, Litecoin didn't look so rosy.

I am not a "litecoiner". I am just a guy who accumulate it since the beginning of 2014 and I didn't sold a single coin for fiat. Nothing wrong to feel happy about recent prices of LTC....

Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:19:49 AM

1. Halving is soon.

and I think that litecoin is just pump&dump playground for Russians and all depends on bitcoin status. Why should somebody give a flying fuck about halving, when the coin itself is generally useless?

please find me ONE MOMENT in last 3 years, when litcoin raise and bitcoin was stagnant/falling down. And cheaper? Compared to usability, it costs shit lot of money, at least for me. even dogecoin had higher TX than litecoin. just time to time check https://bitinfocharts.com/ to understand, what I'm talking about..
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:22:23 AM

1. Halving is soon.

when the coin itself is generally useless?

how could you call a coin that can be used to buy physically gold and silver useless?

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: