Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:47:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developper here - Trying to get into developing coins  (Read 802 times)
cryptodevel (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:05:05 PM

I am a software developer and I would like to start and develop cryptocoins.

I am trying to see if there are people interested in working together and launch coins.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 02:07:54 PM

no need to launch another coin, there are already enough coins and enough scam out there. pick a coin to join if you have crypto coding ability

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:11:47 PM

nxt has a very robust documented api set... you can do a lot with its data storage system using messages or data itself.

ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:04:15 PM

Feathercoin is always looking for developers!

- Old established coin with a good core developer Team.

Head over to www.forum.feathercoin.com and say Hello!

Would be great to see you there.

Regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 03:18:47 PM

Yeah there are lots of developing coins that could use some development work! Wink

Looks like it is time again to upgrade all the SHA256 merged mined coins, for example. That could be nice routine work you could do to prove you can work well with the common codebase so many coins share...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
cryptodevel (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:39:57 PM

I think it is a good idea to work on existing coins and make my name known a bit.

Looks like it is time again to upgrade all the SHA256 merged mined coins, for example. That could be nice routine work you could do to prove you can work well with the common codebase so many coins share...

-MarkM-

Could you point me in the right direction?

CryptoD
cryptodevel (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:58:06 PM

Feathercoin is always looking for developers!

- Old established coin with a good core developer Team.

Head over to www.forum.feathercoin.com and say Hello!

Would be great to see you there.

Regards,
ChekaZ

Thank you Chekaz. I will pass by soon Cheesy
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 04:00:40 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 04:19:04 PM by markm

I think it is a good idea to work on existing coins and make my name known a bit.

-MarkM-

Could you point me in the right direction?

CryptoD

Once upon a time folks started thinking there was something wrong, probably a memory leak, with I0Coin, as it was using ridiculous amounts of RAM.

So much so that it got dropped from the merge of mmpool.org, the pool that merges the largest number of the merge-capable SHA256 coins.

Luckily someone followed up on it long enoguh and hard enough to figure out that the problem was not I0Coin's really at all, I0Coin was simply the fastest block speed merged coin merged by major pools, so it showed before slower coins a problem they were all eventually going to exhibit.

Someone (likely the discoverer of the real problem though I don't recall for sure) then came up with a "dirty fix", which I think was applied to all the coins (well except maybe namecoin, I don't know how namecoin relates to this whole excessive-RAM-usage problem). Or maybe some coins skipped the dirty fix and went directly to the clean(er?) fix, as a better, cleaner, more correct fix involves storing in a database the info that the dirty fix simply threw away.

However it looks like GeistGeld only has the so called dirty fix so far, so GeistGeld could benefit from the clean(er?) fix.

But now that a whole new generation of bitcoin classic satoshi code is coming out or already upon us, it would make sense to upgrade all the coins to be based off of that.

Basically, bitcoin only supports being the parent chain of a merge. So to base merged mined coins off of bitcoin code involves adding into it the "be a child chain in a merge" capability.

Once that basic template, bitcoin plus being a child chain in a merge, is done the rest is basically cosmetic, the usual "make a clone-coin" stuff of changing the names, the block times, the magic bytes including what prefix addresses get, the ports, the images, the visible references to the name of the coin, the block-rewards schedule, and all the nitpicky things like exactly which BIPs are supported starting at which block, what if any protections against transaction malleability are to be in there, starting at which blocks, how difficulty adapts to changes in hashing power, what the checkpoints are and so on.

The merged mined coins supported currently by mmpool are bitcoin (as parent chain), namecoin, devcoin, groupcoin, ixcoin, i0coin and unobtanium. Other old classic merged mined coins are CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld, of which the most likely to get into the merge any time soon is CoiLedCoin.

There is also an interesting coin that has a game in its blockchain, huntercoin, which claims to be able to be merged mined using SHA256 but so far no one seems to have that working, so once familiar with the whole scheme of things maybe you could be the pioneer who actually gets that sucker working so it too can get onto mmpool.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:02:39 PM

BTX coin has been actively hiring devs lately

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070361.0

Also BTCTalkcoin has been asking for someone

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=570750.3120

pm BitcoinNational if you're interested about that

“God does not play dice"
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 04:04:11 PM

Hiring!?!?! What a dirty word! We want devs to work for free! Tongue

Wink

-MarkM-

cryptodevel (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:15:16 PM

-MarkM-

Wow thank you for getting me up to speed Cheesy

I really appreciate it.
Sandals4life

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:17:29 PM

I am a software developer and I would like to start and develop cryptocoins.

I am trying to see if there are people interested in working together and launch coins.

I know Mintcoin {MINT} was looking for developers. Contact username"cryptomommy" if interested.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

nxt has a very robust documented api set... you can do a lot with its data storage system using messages or data itself.

^  https://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/The_Nxt_API   ^
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 08:24:00 AM

Why would anyone even respond in such a thread blows my mind

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:58:51 AM

Why?

there are trillions of coins and everyone is creating new coin on daily basis. How about contact established coin dev and help them?

I know david zimbeck is looking for help with bay. Contact him

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kushti

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 12:33:55 PM

If you want to get into a cryptocurrency code quickly, please take a look into compact(< 4K lines of Scala code) implementation of mine: https://github.com/ConsensusResearch/Scorex-Lagonaki

Ergo Platform core dev. Previously IOHK Research / Nxt core dev / SmartContract.com cofounder.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: