Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368847 times)
patapon49

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:00:27 AM

Holders will be the real winners in the future, no matter the fluctuations, in 10-20 years they will be very far ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:24:51 AM

i think so risky if you Holding bitcoin a long time  , may be just 3-6 Month it's good . but , if you already got cheap or profit you should sell your bitcoin , and waiting dump again .
I agree, because if holding bitcoin for too long will be risky and you should have a target or can predict the bitcoin price situation because we will not know the future even though it has been expected to always go up but what's wrong to always be vigilant. sell on target and save not too long the most important selling when you think you can make a profit. but it all depends on his most important person wisely to act so as not to regret.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:32:22 AM

i think so risky if you Holding bitcoin a long time  , may be just 3-6 Month it's good . but , if you already got cheap or profit you should sell your bitcoin , and waiting dump again .
I agree, because if holding bitcoin for too long will be risky and you should have a target or can predict the bitcoin price situation because we will not know the future even though it has been expected to always go up but what's wrong to always be vigilant. sell on target and save not too long the most important selling when you think you can make a profit. but it all depends on his most important person wisely to act so as not to regret.

Holding it for a long period of time has a high chance of losing your money. We can't avoid bad things that could possibly happen to bitcoin as time passes by. Thus, it won't give as an assurance that it will keep on increasing its price. So, if there's a chance that you think bitcoin's value is really high today or it reaches your target price,  then don't hesitate to sell it right away.
Cliparts

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:26:25 PM

The thing is each person has a long time period different from others, lets say for me long time is 6 months above, since crypto does changes very fast, sure bitcoin has rewarded the holders from the last 7 years, who where able to buy and hold had made a nice profit atleast of 5x its investment, but the thing is a lot people from the holders had sold their coins once they hit the roi, the benefict to save for some years might be huge but there is a risk as well.

It is not actually advisable to sell the coin immediately right after getting the ROI because the challenge and opportunity is being avoided. Besides, to hold bitcoin is a great privilege for future use because we all know that its price and value gets higher and higher even though it sometimes falls down. Don not be afraid to encounter the fall of bitcoin price because it is guaranteed to go up immediately.
Yes it true there are also a short way to earn from bitcoin such as on line trade because from on line trade you can earn on daily base and also you can use some other options because they all are very good to earn from bitcoin and I’m also doing investment but I prefer short term holding bitcoin have also one the good quality that it change its price fast from low to high so I don’t wait for long term I’m just selling when its price is go high.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:04:31 PM

May be keeping what you have now for a little bit more time can be a good way instead of panic selling
jayhawk1

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:30:04 AM

I think it isn't a bad idea for some people at some reasons they noticed that prices are still uprising, but majority of people are holding the same way. Maybe we should say that holding is the best way but we can't predict the future. If you think it is good enough to sell then sell it, than to have nothing in hand. It is tto be sure that you are guarantee in your own efforts. It is also a challenge in each and one of us.
They should be able to read the market and how every decision affects the market before the choose to invest but from what i have seen holding bitcoins over a long time is bound to give very huge profits especially when the time frame exceeds more than three, you can double or even triple their investment during that time.
Holding on bitcoin has worked so far and people really have improved their life standards by investing into this coin. In my opinion, it is the easiest way to become rich. The owner does not need to do anything in particular apart from buying bitcoin or earning it through some way possible. The factor that makes bitcoin a better investment than any other asset is the time in which it returns profit. It’s truly amazing.
Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:36:18 AM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

Holding bitcoin a long time is the best way to earn plenty of coins that will make you rich very quick. Earning bitcoin now is very interesting and it's getting popular because it offers income to the people wants to have income.
krypticcoin

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:02:54 AM

given that bitcoin has fallen 50% from 20k, are ppl gonna sell out if they bought it around 9k or ur gonna HODL ?
starsnshamrocks

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:39:07 PM

"Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?"

In the past, overlooking many years it certainly has been a good way to make money, but recently due to the big pullback that is nothing one would say over the period of the latest weeks. I am personally still bullish on BTC, but the competition does not sleep and market participants could swap BTC one day against an attractive altcoin ... so it remains a risky but potentially highly rewarding investment.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:02:41 PM

Holding bitcoin definitely was a good long term hold if you bought it under $8k, nowadays I am not sure about the reliability about holding bitcoin, there are too sides involved now, read dirty parties like governments and banks, the price of bitcoin is heavily manipulated, only time will tell us if bitcoin is a good long term hold, my trust is on other great projects/altcoins, have a look at VEchain, WTC, and GVT, I think these projects are way better to hold on to.
Also I am investing in an upcoming ico Daneel.io ,this is the year of AI!

kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:01:39 AM

Yes, holding bitcoin for a long time is, not just good, but the best way to make money. But here is the catch, it is proven right now that you are not anymore needed to hold your bitcoin for too long. We are almost doubling now in at least a month. I cannot fathom the ways of bitcoin. 

trigg

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:18:20 AM

It depends on if it keeps going up or drops. That's the simple answer.

But I do think right now holding it is likely going to make you a lot of money (depending on how much you own) as it will probably go up again very soon. The trick is knowing how long to hold on and when to sell.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:26:22 AM

[quote author=bitcoinarchitecture link=topic=1104543.msg11783695#msg11783695 dat
yes because bitcoins may have downfall but the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold the big part of it so it may serve as savings and trade the others..
[/quote]
sallee2

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:42:40 AM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?
The korea has announced that six major banks will be ready to provide services for cryptocurrency transactions this month. Under the new system, the government requires exchanges to share user data with banks. Koreans who want to make virtual currency transactions will have to create new accounts and authenticate their identity for virtual currency transactions. In addition, Korea will apply tax to these new users.
The world is seeing more and more countries recognize this coin as legal and taxable
The value of Bitcoin is increasing over time so you should keep the bitcoin in the long run as it will be the currency of the future.
empefaif

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

X-Block.io

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:56:37 AM

Probably holding Bitcoin is the last 7 years is the best way to earn money but it made sense when you held it 7 years ago. It doesn't fit with the present situation when Bitcoin already had its own valuation.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2002
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:14:45 AM

Yes. It is recommended to buy bitcoin now while its price is still low. probably months after,the price will increase again like what happened last year. I believe bitcoin price will pump up not only for months but for a long time. It is actually a good way to make money because bitcoin is profitable unlike other type of investment.

lockept93

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:41:28 AM

Always for sure. BTC is the gold of the internet.

AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:03:02 PM

Yes. It is recommended to buy bitcoin now while its price is still low. probably months after,the price will increase again like what happened last year. I believe bitcoin price will pump up not only for months but for a long time. It is actually a good way to make money because bitcoin is profitable unlike other type of investment.

They bitcoin is good investment than real estate or saving to bank , because bitcoin has a characteristic of being a good investment that can triple your profit within a year period that bank cant give to its investors so as long as bitcoin price is still low buy as long as you can because it is a good time to invest.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

Good point and read. It would say that it's up to how much profit margin you want to achieve. Some people see it as a way to earn good money because bitcoin has always had that trend that it sleeps or even falls down in value for some time, and then, would burst soaringly and staggeringly. That's what happened last year, between September to October, many were so worried that bitcoin is dying and has no chance to recover because its value has been nailed in a specific price point in a while. But then, it surged so quick that it almost tripled its value by the next following month. Therefore, if you would follow that trend, if you have the patience to hold your bitcoins, then it is a good way, no doubt, to earn big money.

214missy

Activity: 98
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:45:03 PM

Probably yes hold bitcoin for long term is good way to make our money growing but its depend on bitcoin price movement, so if you hold bitcoin at low price, and sell it when price is up on several year its really good trade. If the time has come, bitcoin will got increased in perfect time in the future so think wisely.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: