Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you tell kids about bitcoin?  (Read 4079 times)
investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 01:40:48 AM

How would you explain bitcoin to a kid?

"A multi-player server on the wildly popular video game Minecraft has introduced bitcoin to its world as a way of teaching children about digital currency."
http://www.coindesk.com/kid-friendly-minecraft-server-launches-bitcoin-economy/

If you are invited to give a speech about bitcoin to school kids, how would you introduce bitcoin?
This is really a tough speech.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:53:41 AM

How would you explain bitcoin to a kid?

"A multi-player server on the wildly popular video game Minecraft has introduced bitcoin to its world as a way of teaching children about digital currency."
http://www.coindesk.com/kid-friendly-minecraft-server-launches-bitcoin-economy/

If you are invited to give a speech about bitcoin to school kids, how would you introduce bitcoin?
Nice, this is quite cool, I play Minecraft sometimes, should check out that server.

I think this is a pretty good way of teaching kids about Bitcoin and how to handle money in general Smiley

ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:19:33 AM

install flappybitcoin and some games we can earn bitcoin like faucet allien kill
game is best way to introducing him

Haha lol, i dont think so maybe he would think if bitcoin only toys money
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:40:29 AM

I'm not going to tell them about the the decentralization thing and it's advantages compared to conventional paper money. Probably the only thing I would tell them is that bitcoin can function similarly like what you have or can do with money. It's not free and you have to earn it. That's the farthest I would go to let them know about bitcoin. 

Yeah, that is the best thing to do, we need to tell them the importance and efforts made to earn bitcoins, we need to tell them it requires great level of efforts to earn bitcoins, only showing them the advantages of holding bitcoins will not serve the purpose, so it is better we start from the basic step rather then showing them the value and benefits of bitcoins.
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:27:35 AM

I would say to the children that bitcoin is one of the best coin in the internet  Grin
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:08:08 AM

I am teaching my self to my kids about Bitcoin. I use many online resources like YouTube videos, trading exchange sites, faucets etc.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:51:27 PM

I would say to the children that bitcoin is one of the best coin in the internet  Grin

That's good, but the kids loves to watch videos I guess, So I think we should show them documentaries on youtube which would give them the exact idea about the bitcoins, that is true that they are still kids and would not know the technicality of bitcoins, but watching a video can make a difference, and for rest, we would contribute in explaining them what bitcoin is all about and how it is helpful.
zero01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:59:44 AM

This it's hard for kid , i dont know they can know or not . In my family i can say Bitcoin it's key to future of online payments .bitcoin it's technology , if you not learn from now , you can left behind . from bitcoin you can buy everything you Like .  Grin

I would argue with you, I also sense bitcoin too difficult to understand children, so I would say that bitcoin is not for small children...
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:49:24 PM

I think until kids gets maturity like what is good and bad for them-self , one shouldn't teach all these things because there are many wrong ways we can use bitcoins.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:51:16 PM

Simply put just dont tell them, I don't see people explaining kids how money works or how credit card and banking works. Explaining how to use it it's probably good tho.
Derrike

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:06:38 PM

You can give them pocket money in Bitcoins.

But there is no need to explain anything to them, just tell them that you will now give them pocket money in bitcoins, and they will be curious to know what the fuck it is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: