Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin... What's the point of it? Are you all deluded?!!  (Read 2288 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:43:21 PM

Bitcoin... backed up by nothing you cannot hold it, you cannot associate it with any tangible asset it is worthless code that can be changed on a whim... 21m cap, 40m cap, 100bn cap it doesnt matter you canth trust humanz to make this work... where as the dollar is backed by taxes, labour and the security of the government.

dollars are backed by taxes? .. well the billionair tax dodgers wont agree with that
dollars are backed by labour? .. well if minimum wage went from $7.50 -> $15.. then a $10 bank note will suddenly not be able to buy as much bread due to inflation.. thus its not a good backer..
dollars are backed by government? .. well if the amero came about suddenly the $10 piece of paper wont even buy you a banana

as for using the words Tangiable.. that is words of the commodities industry. please do not confuse a commodity with a economic asset... beef is a commodity with tangiability.. so go buy urself a rump steak and try using it to buy a pizza, beer or toilet roll.

dollars are crap... i live in england and have never needed to touch a dollar in my life.. yet when i go abroad, i have used bitcoins in every country i visited. without needing to care about dollars.

bitcoin has more security then stocks and shares, has less change of corruption and theft compared to gold or fiat. and has easier transmittability world wide then anything you can think of.

once you get your mind out of your limited experience of economics. and see that the dollar is not the superhero that you love so much. then come back and show your opinion.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
V for Varoufakis

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 08:20:09 PM

I agree with you princess diana but they don't understand.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 08:32:23 PM

I agree with you princess diana but they don't understand.

Is princess diana coming back from the dead to defend the governments and monarchies ? maybe she saved a lot of cash from the crown and doesn't want bitcoin to affected ? is princess diana on the united states now ?
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:20:22 AM

You fuck fuckity fuck. Fuck you, you bore me. Bitcoin is going to zoom up ahead, and when I'm a million dollars richer, I'd FedEx my turds to you which just might be gold plated. WOOHOO

jlauzon

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:28:00 AM

I shouldn't feed you Mr.Troll I know this but for the other noobs who read this and are put off let me talk about this.

Fiat isn't backed by labor or taxes and security of the government it is backed by their word, and we have seen this fall in some of the largest most powerful nations on Earth. The Germans, the Soviets and plenty of little governments but the point is no matter how big a nation is an economic collapse can still happen. Gold and Silver are fine to invest in but cumbersome, hard to transfer and able to be counterfeit.
Bitcoin has it's place and it's not going anywhere, a decentralized currency that can be transferred through any border.

Also never trust anyone who says sheeple, they're retarded.

Amen brutha! The US greenback is garbage as are all fiat currencies. Not to mention the global reach of BTC helps protect our wealth from governments - all evil they are.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:31:27 PM

You fuck fuckity fuck. Fuck you, you bore me. Bitcoin is going to zoom up ahead, and when I'm a million dollars richer, I'd FedEx my turds to you which just might be gold plated. WOOHOO

Yeah brahh! We're gonna be rich sons bitches!!

When you've mailed your gold plated turds I'm gonna dance like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y73oiAaSpr4
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:33:38 PM

As best I can tell, to answer the OP's title rather than his rant, clear benefits are lower international money transmission fees and super easy micropayments.  I'd say those two are just the tip of the iceberg.

Good luck with your trolling, you may also want to consider spell check unless you were going for some kind of newbie leet speak.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:36:09 PM

I just don't see the point. Maybe she really think she's helping.
jlauzon

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

When you think about it, is there anything backed by anything of value other than knowledge and energy?
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:05:13 AM

How about you start talking to the millionaires who became millionaires by investing in BitCoins?
It's been 7 years since BitCoins came into existence and have shown a good progress. I think your argument is invalid.  Undecided

HigsonPP

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:21:09 AM

Yeah brahh! We're gonna be rich sons bitches!!

When you've mailed your gold plated turds I'm gonna dance like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y73oiAaSpr4

Hahaha, I don't understand why a couple cunt fucks want to hate on us? If they don't like bitcoin, they should fuck off from our ways and let us have more btc xD Why be on a bitcoin forum website and crib about how bitcoin doesn't have a future? We all see who doesn't have a future  Tongue

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:23:34 AM

There are many types of private issued community money. In the end a currency is backed by its community, e.g. people who are willing to accept it as a payment medium. Fiat money's community is the citizen in that country. However that is forced upon its users while bitcoin is not, so bitcoin's success is purely depends on its community. This community is boarder-less, that's a big difference comparing with fiat money, where you barely can find someone accept Japanese Yen payment in US

needFREElunch

Hi

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:53:05 AM

Are you dumb or what? I think you should keep your opinion to yourself only. We just saw how fiat money has failed in Greece and how people there are considering Bitcoins now. Secondly, yes bitcoins aren't backed by anything and the same is with the USD. Third, how about you talk to some people who have made millions through bitcoins? just because you weren't able to understand the bitcoin doesn't make it stupid. Go study.

pureelite

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:39:28 PM

Bitcoin... backed up by nothing you cannot hold it, you cannot associate it with any tangible asset it is worthless code that can be changed on a whim... 21m cap, 40m cap, 100bn cap it doesnt matter you canth trust humanz to make this work... where as the dollar is backed by taxes, labour and the security of the government.

You're better off investing in gold/silver/property market etc something that exists in the real world you'll lose all your money.

This GavinXT vs BitCore is pure agenda... Peter Todd is a fool that speaks in cryptics and riddles and I have to turn the volume up to hear his estrogenal voice and simply suggests what I could make out that nothing should be done to scale Bitcoin with user adoption.

Silly billies half of the users here are addicted to Bitcoin thinking they'll be rich in a couple of years.... NEWSFLASH you should've bought in the 09-12 mark its not going to happen again they've basically flogged those worthless "bits" to all you mugs that buy around $200-$1000!!!!! for a few pixelz on u screen.

Sure you can trade here and there but it ith not sustainable eny hoo can just dump the markat to 1$ again those 10,000 - 1,000,000 hoarders are gonna dump soon before its too late its snot a currency its gam gam gamblers paradise the reason all the big boys haven't put much VC in becoz they know this is crap they don't hath to because they OWN REAL ASSETS and 1mil VC in bitcoin is peanuts for them....

G E T  I T  I N  T O  Y O U R  H E A D S  T H I S  I S N T  G O I N G  T O  H A P P E N  I T S  S H E E P L E  M O N E Y

The point Bitcoin , the internet is the currency that people can freely and without any commission to do business , buying and selling things on the Internet Stock Exchange . Also, they can also earn bitcoins , and so gain his extra earnings.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:56:54 PM

You're better off investing in gold/silver/property market etc something that exists in the real world you'll lose all your money.

This GavinXT vs BitCore is pure agenda... Peter Todd is a fool that speaks in cryptics and riddles and I have to turn the volume up to hear his estrogenal voice and simply suggests what I could make out that nothing should be done to scale Bitcoin with user adoption.

Silly billies half of the users here are addicted to Bitcoin thinking they'll be rich in a couple of years.... NEWSFLASH you should've bought in the 09-12 mark its not going to happen again they've basically flogged those worthless "bits" to all you mugs that buy around $200-$1000!!!!! for a few pixelz on u screen.

Sure you can trade here and there but it ith not sustainable eny hoo can just dump the markat to 1$ again those 10,000 - 1,000,000 hoarders are gonna dump soon before its too late its snot a currency its gam gam gamblers paradise the reason all the big boys haven't put much VC in becoz they know this is crap they don't hath to because they OWN REAL ASSETS and 1mil VC in bitcoin is peanuts for them....

G E T  I T  I N  T O  Y O U R  H E A D S  T H I S  I S N T  G O I N G  T O  H A P P E N  I T S  S H E E P L E  M O N E Y

You are too dumb to realize the implications of the blockchain technology, how the blockchain technology is best used under it's original token (Bitcoin) and how tiny the marketcap is, which shows the insane growth for it.

In 10 years, any kid that in 10 years old getting advertisement money off his videos and music through Bitcoin on the internet, once he hits age 18 he will not go through the chores of getting a bank account to get an downgraded version of banking.

Television is no longer relevant, Youtube is. Now you only need a small camera to get your shit out there.

Big record labels aren't no longer relevant, Soundcloud and Bandcamp is. Now you need no one backing you up to make money off your music.

Official physical newspapers aren't no longer relevant, no one reads newspapers, only grandpas. Everyone else gets their news online. Big printing machines aren't no longer relevant.

Similarly, big banking infrastructures that charge you insane fees to keep their grandiosity running, aren't no longer relevant. The blockchain automates all of that and deprecates it, worldwide, at next to not costs. Metals and other so called safe havens are deprecated as well.

Bitcoin is simply the next step in getting rid of official grandiosity and giving power to the individuals. Swallow this reality pill and deal with the facts. The world changed after Bitcoin was released and it will never be the same. The sooner you get this objective reality thought your skull, examine your ego and invest in some BTC the better. Otherwise be ready to cry in the next decade+.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:11:07 PM

G E T  I T  I N  T O  Y O U R  H E A D S  T H I S  I S N T  G O I N G  T O  H A P P E N  I T S  S H E E P L E  M O N E Y

You don't know what are you telling. You know bitcoin only as digital money which can be bought or sold and that's it.

But you don't know that bitcoin it is product (and for more the first product) of one the technologies which is more than disruptive for almost all the other technologies who have to do with it. And the lasts ones are to many. Are so many that can and will change the world in another way more much differently than the way is seen today. This technology was theory and a doubt in his practical ability. But bitcoin, as materialized and real product, upheld the practicality of that. This was enormous. Then began the application of it. It is yet in the firsts steps of it and them who know that fall in love with it, with its potential and with its uniqueness.

So the importance of bitcoin is more than be a simple currency. Is the "thing" (product) which has proved that the above technology has real and market value and can be applied in practice. Then, talking about it and for its value as a currency this is another story. But for this is in vain to write here because you are convinced about its nullity and no word can change your mind. I hope that one day you study economy and in this way maybe you can understand the bests of bitcoin as a currency. Which, unfortunately, for being only digital money, and in property of all the people cannot be currency that can be used totally like the other currencies.
jlauzon

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 10:50:53 PM

Bitcoin... backed up by nothing you cannot hold it, you cannot associate it with any tangible asset it is worthless code that can be changed on a whim...

This says it all about the OP. You can hold gold, but what is gold other than a great conductor? You can hold a USD paper bill, but what is it beyond the trust in a nation that has more debt than the world has money? How many countries have you seen fail and try to print their way out? Calling BTCers sheeple is so 180 degrees from true.
Nami

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:32:53 AM

Bitcoin is helpful its like it challenge our economic stability if your asking whats the point, well theres a lot.
Gutemberg

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:56:44 AM

definitely not deluded, i'm so excite about the future guys!!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: