Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:41:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need more Marxism and less Libertarianism in crypto  (Read 1826 times)
JReag

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:04:03 PM

Libertarianism has never worked except in frontier areas like the old west.  We need a solution like a communist revolution.   We need equality for the people.  A five year plan.  No more bourgoise "pump and dump"

I don't get the point of this post.

We have freedom here, if you want your communism or equality or whatever - you just bring them on board and do your thing in the crypto world. No restrictions here, you're free to do as you please. (We don't even have good fraud protection mechanisms yet besides intelligence.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:59:58 PM

Roll Eyes we need less politics  Wink
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:26:59 PM

Libertarianism has never worked except in frontier areas like the old west.  We need a solution like a communist revolution.   We need equality for the people.  A five year plan.  No more bourgoise "pump and dump"
this is the most ignorant post I've ever read, congrats

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 09:41:29 AM

Mankind is not ready yet

silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:58:36 PM

Communism professed to be about the redistribution or sharing of wealth, in fact, the Bolshevik revolution was funded by, and for the benefit of the Bankers.
Read Prof Anthony Sutton, Eustace Mullins and many others on this.
Communism was set up by and for the benefit of the Banking elites.
Promising to redistribute wealth was merely their way of getting the hungry jealous masses to go along with the mass killings and confiscation
(Robbery and Murder).

When they said redistribution, what they meant was, redistribution, up into their vaults, and they hate competition, look at Liberty dollars etc.
They hate limited commodity monetary systems as they can't just print money out of thin air and lend it to us as a debt, so they are
especially concerned about cryptocurrencies.

Name one Communist country where the masses ended up healthy, wealthy, and independent.
We don't have capitalism now either, one simple way to show this is the trillion dollar bailouts.
In a real capitalist, libertarian system, failed banks would be allowed to go to the wall.
The fiat monetary system we have now is engineered to syphon the wealth of nations up into the vaults of a very very few
wealthy elite families, call them the Bilderbergers, the Illuminati, whatever, but it's the same Banking families.
Cryptocurrencies go some way to challenging the control these globalist charlatans have on the issuance and control of money
and as such a big step step in the right direction.

We don't have a free market, libertarian, capitalist system right now, we live under the same kleptocratic system that took over China and Russia and dozens of smaller states where the country was taken over, millions killed and the wealth 'redistributed' up into the vaults of the Banking elites who
fund these 'revolutions'.
We haven't had true capitalism for well over 100 yrs, certainly not in the US where the privately owned Fed was set up in 1913 on jeckyl Island.
Shortly after the titanic disaster.

Even Lenin said something like, I'm in the driving seat of the car, but it's not responding to my input, someone else has control.

We don't need more Marxism, Communism, we need to try, perhaps for the first time ever, true, Capitalism, Libertarianism.

X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:03:01 AM

i agree that there is a problem, the devs do work and dont get paid. It is a design flaw.
But the funny part is, this problem is caused by a communistic idea (free software).

Dont get me wrong, i like free software. But it doesn't work or make sense in all cases (for the dev).

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:50:48 AM

i agree that there is a problem, the devs do work and dont get paid. It is a design flaw.
But the funny part is, this problem is caused by a communistic idea (free software).

Dont get me wrong, i like free software. But it doesn't work or make sense in all cases (for the dev).

In an increasing amount of places, it's software that makes the grass grow.

...man

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:27:40 AM

Why don't you start OP by giving the community the private keys to your BTC wallet?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:41:00 PM

Why don't you start OP by giving the community the private keys to your BTC wallet?

Commies not used to give anything what belongs to them to the community Smiley. They used to take yours and give it to their supporters.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:58:47 PM

Commies not used to give anything what belongs to them to the community Smiley. They used to take yours and give it to their supporters.

That what you said here is true but this is not limited to commies or communism (which never existed in reality),
this is the rotten human nature.
As you can see when there is austerity to be implemented in system like capitalism
the 1st target are the common people (working class)
that are targeted by the political elite by rising taxes and the (supporters) of the political elite
(banking sector, multinational companies, military ) is not targeted but instead money taken from the working class
is given to them Wink

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:35:05 AM

to me libertarianism is synonymous with lassaiz faire capitalism, meaning the individual is free to operate without force or controls. (that's a good thing ).... anything else sooner or later requires force against the individual to support 'higher causes' or bend them to the will of some centralized planning or authority.. and that is something I don't think is good.  I still believe in the rule of law to prevent people from initiating force, threats, or fraud against others, but beyond that, I believe in freedom.  The government which governs best, governs least.

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:48:47 AM

to me libertarianism is synonymous with lassaiz faire capitalism, meaning the individual is free to operate without force or controls. (that's a good thing )....

That's my view also, although I'd replace "capitalism" with "free market economy".

The word capitalism has a pejorative connotation, and in fact can mean a system
where a portion of business is in cahoots with the state, recieiving subsidies and privileges like
artificial monopoly, all which distorts the free market.

“God does not play dice"
JReag

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:52:32 AM

to me libertarianism is synonymous with lassaiz faire capitalism, meaning the individual is free to operate without force or controls. (that's a good thing )....

That's my view also, although I'd replace "capitalism" with "free market economy".

The word capitalism has a pejorative connotation, and in fact can mean a system
where a portion of business is in cahoots with the state, recieiving subsidies and privileges like
artificial monopoly, all which distorts the free market.

Which is really just one of the many flavors of Statism.
antokproject

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:32:37 AM

Well, not just to be even more controversial but here's a both left libertarian and communist idea in planning stage - https://antok.co

Kiss
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: