Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:27:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coindice.com - Brand new DICE game - Just launched!  (Read 1445 times)
Jack Lake (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 02:54:02 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2012, 03:15:52 PM by Jack Lake

Hi all,

I just launched coindice.com.

CoinDice is a easy to play dice game for Bitcoin. The goal of the game is to win the jackpot!

One game is not a single throws, the player can throw the dice until he hit the DEAD or the JACKPOT side.
During the game you will build a jar. If your jar is filled with BTC you're free to collect it.

Let me explain the sides of the dice:

Side 1:

Level up! There are five levels (represented by different colors). If you hit level 5 (the orange dice) this side turns into the JACKPOT side

Side 2:
Level down!

Side 3:
Win BTC in your Jar! In higher levels more BTC is added to your Jar. This number is also random

Side 4:
Lose BTC from your jar! In higher levels more BTC is removed from your Jar. Your jar cant go below 0 so you never have to pay extra for a game

Side 5:

Nothing happens really. Except your luck is growing, your “luck” can save you in some cases.

Side 6:
Your DEAD, game ends

http://coindice.com/screens/3.png

Playing a single game only costs you 0.00500000 BTC!

I would love your feedback / improvements.

Regards, Jack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasonIII

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:44:38 PM

Not sure if you ever played neopets when you were a kid, but this REALLY reminds me of dice-a-roo from there. Deposited .10 for 10 plays just cause of reminiscence Smiley
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:45:37 PM

looks interesting, what is the house edge calculated to ?
Can players verify results (not required but gives us that warm tingly feeling).

MasonIII

Activity: 328

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:58:34 PM

Just played 21 games and my observations/suggestions are as follow:

-Raise the amount you can win at on a gain dice roll, it costs 0.005 to play and only once or twice was I able to get above 0.005 at any point in the game. Most of the time it never crossed 0.0025.
-Whenever reaching the orange dice, I effectively rolled the 5th side with ALMOST or JUST MISSED the jackpot kind of messages or death (either missed death or died) every single time with only ONE time being gain btc.
-I know the jackpot is hard to get, but the 5th dice does not seem to have the same odds for obtaining every side of the dice.
-I question how large the house edge is, looking over the past 100 game plays I see 5 games win or lose where the jar was over 0.005 (positive return).
-Fun game, but maybe readjust the odds to something a bit more reasonable or provide more information so that we can see it is reasonable. (I understand the 100 game data isn't a large sample size nor is my 21 plays)

Thanks for the spot of enjoyment.
Jack Lake (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 10:24:03 AM

Not sure if you ever played neopets when you were a kid, but this REALLY reminds me of dice-a-roo from there. Deposited .10 for 10 plays just cause of reminiscence Smiley

Thank you for finding my source of inspiration Wink

looks interesting, what is the house edge calculated to ?
Can players verify results (not required but gives us that warm tingly feeling).

Currently the house edge is 5%. The house has 4 wallets:
1: The Jackpot (50%)
2: The back-up Jackpot (2,5%)
3: The Jar payout wallet (42,5%)
4: House edge (5%)

Results are not verifiable (yet). I'm looking for a way to make the next throw verifiable.

Just played 21 games and my observations/suggestions are as follow:

-Raise the amount you can win at on a gain dice roll, it costs 0.005 to play and only once or twice was I able to get above 0.005 at any point in the game. Most of the time it never crossed 0.0025.
-Whenever reaching the orange dice, I effectively rolled the 5th side with ALMOST or JUST MISSED the jackpot kind of messages or death (either missed death or died) every single time with only ONE time being gain btc.
-I know the jackpot is hard to get, but the 5th dice does not seem to have the same odds for obtaining every side of the dice.
-I question how large the house edge is, looking over the past 100 game plays I see 5 games win or lose where the jar was over 0.005 (positive return).
-Fun game, but maybe readjust the odds to something a bit more reasonable or provide more information so that we can see it is reasonable. (I understand the 100 game data isn't a large sample size nor is my 21 plays)

Thanks for the spot of enjoyment.

Thanks for playing, thank you more for the feedback!

>I have raised the amount you can win since the Jar payout wallet is filling up. To make the game more attractive I've multiplied it by 1,5.
>It's true that the jackpot is hard to get, but there chances to gain BTC at the orange dice stays the same. And off course the higher level you are, the more BTC will be added.
>For the house edge, see above

deadserious

Activity: 121
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 08:09:21 AM

I think your math is off regarding the house edge.
tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 09:51:39 AM

Nice idea! How about getting a referral program to increase traffic?

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
Aahz

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:22:47 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I can't tell the difference between "almost dead" and "dead" or "almost level up/down" and actually "level up/down".  The pics look basically the same to me.

Kinda fun.  But also kinda monotonous.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: