Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the reason why Satoshi didnt use his 500k-1Million Bitcoins  (Read 3209 times)
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 08:42:36 AM

Satoshi enjoys his life and his job and has no urge in changing it.
Because he is a univeristy teacher and he is one of the most educated people in the world.
In turn, he has strong moral principles.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 08:47:35 AM

Satoshi didn't lose or delete his private keys.... that is really silly to even consider!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:59:29 AM

Satoshi didn't lose or delete his private keys.... that is really silly to even consider!

unless he is died, if he is really died, than he surely lost his key or someone stole it via brute force(not cracking i mean by killing him), otherwise how can you explain the fact that he didn't dumped some of his coin? i know that this cannot be proven, but if he did indeed dumped his coins, this whole would be thread is useless, OP you can't really prove that his coins were not dumped in the market or privately, this point is unsolvable

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:20:31 PM

Because if he had used his huge stash of bitcoin, it would look like a huge premine (around 2 and 3% mined by him, the dev)
Also, the block rewards are supposed to distribute the bitcoin, and not centralize all the bitcoin mined in 1 person hands.

Therefore, i think Satoshi prefered to sacrifice those premined coins for the sake of a better distribution of coins.
i am sure that he is not going to use his large stack of bitcoin and that is not because of what you said. it is because he didn't create bitcoin to make a profit.
you are comparing bitcoin to a random alt(copy)coin with a greedy dev.
and premine is not what you think it is!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:30:18 PM

I think there's only three possible reasons:

1) Morally he doesn't think it's right to keep them
2) He's dead
3) He's bitcoin's biggest hodler and is going to be the world's first trillionaire  Grin.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:42:34 PM

Therefore, i think Satoshi prefered to sacrifice those premined coins for the sake of a better distribution of coins.
I think he did not think it would make such a big splash.... When he realised it, he already lost the private key to the coins he mined as part of the experimental in the beginning.
Satoshi had much bigger plans for BTC and he will never touch these coins. it is very likely that he destroyed his private keys in my opinion.
If satoshi really had decided to sacrifice or destroy his coins, he would have done so publicly by spending them to a black-hole address.
He did not. Which only leaves us with two options, either he wants to keep them for whatever reason or he really lost the private keys (which I personally doubt).

these discussions will never end  Wink
Satoshi might end them Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
MJK

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:46:40 PM

Satoshi had much bigger plans for BTC and he will never touch these coins. it is very likely that he destroyed his private keys in my opinion.
If satoshi really had decided to sacrifice or destroy his coins, he would have done so publicly by spending them to a black-hole address.
He did not. Which only leaves us with two options, either he wants to keep them for whatever reason or he really lost the private keys (which I personally doubt).

Maybe he's undecided what he's going to do with them. He doesn't have to spend them on himself or on materialistic things but think about the good that could be done with those coins sometime in the future. If I became a billion or a trillionaire I'd buy myself a nice mansion and a nice car or two but make it my job to try change the world in the little ways that I could. You could build a lot of hospitals, schools and affordable houses with that money for sure.
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:39:53 PM

If Mr. Satoshi used his premined bitcoin, bitcoin price will jump down and many bitcoin holders will sell their bitcoin because they don't trust him anymore. People hate developers who use their premined coins.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:40:12 PM

A secret weapon Wink

Demille

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:56:54 PM

I don't think it's likely that he's dead. He was still active for a bit and never spent them. Does anyone know the value of his coins when he was last active on the forums here?

A secret weapon Wink

He could sure afford one.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:13:25 PM

Here are the possible reasons in my opinion (ranked from the most probable one to the least):

1. He is dead
2. He has lost the private keys
3. He is not interested in accumulating wealth
4. He is waiting for BTC to climb to 1BTC = $ 100,000
5. He is in jail
6. He is under surveillance from the tax authorities
7. He is in a coma
8. He is saving them for his retirement
9. He is terminally ill
10.He has already transferred / sold the private keys to someone else.
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

In the year 2141 the first transaction from one of satoshi's addresses will be made. The world will go crazy. The prices which people have become accustomed to paying in BTC will sky rocket. People will die because they can't afford bread any more. People will curse their BTC and blame the generation before for handing down to them this pesky digital nothingness which has been their main motivation in life for so long. Conspiracy theories will be rife, conflict will be at it's maximum. This is life.

If this comes true and you come across this post in 2141, put me on the news and say nice things.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:52:55 PM

In the year 2141 the first transaction from one of satoshi's addresses will be made. The world will go crazy. The prices which people have become accustomed to paying in BTC will sky rocket. People will die because they can't afford bread any more. People will curse their BTC and blame the generation before for handing down to them this pesky digital nothingness which has been their main motivation in life for so long. Conspiracy theories will be rife, conflict will be at it's maximum. This is life.

If this comes true and you come across this post in 2141, put me on the news and say nice things.
Not gonna happen. Skynet altered the Bitcoin protocol to make satoshi's coins unspendable by sending back cyborgs from 2140 to 2016 to replace the Bitcoin core developers.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:10:41 PM

Assuming he is alive, the strategy that makes the most sense is to slowly sell them off over time.  No one would be stupid enough to dump them all at once.  OK maybe someone out there would be.  It is strange to think that Satoshi has all this money and would not want to cash it in. 

But if you think that satoshi is just an alias for a group of developers, then things become a little more interesting.  Smiley
eerygarden

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:03:13 PM

Not gonna happen. Skynet altered the Bitcoin protocol to make satoshi's coins unspendable by sending back cyborgs from 2140 to 2016 to replace the Bitcoin core developers.

Haha. Nice imagination Smiley
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:05:28 PM

Here are the possible reasons in my opinion (ranked from the most probable one to the least):

1. He is dead
5. He is in jail
7. He is in a coma
9. He is terminally ill

Assuming 10 then repeat the above for the buyer? Grin

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:15:16 PM

1. He is dead
5. He is in jail
7. He is in a coma
9. He is terminally ill

Assuming 10 then repeat the above for the buyer? Grin

He is someone in one of the super rich families. He doesn't like the ways the super rich are handling the world fiat. But being only one, there was no other way to bring about changes.

The so-called Satoshi Nakamoto doesn't need any more wealth. His developing of Bitcoin was simply a way to change the course of the stupid things that the rest of the super rich are doing with world finances.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
ransomer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:30:40 PM

I think there are only a few realistic options: Super-rich or dead. He did not forget them, and he did not get hacked. And he did not just start this thinking it would not be anything really and therefore was sloppy... no. he was not sloppy. He thought this through ahead of time - why else would he have managed to stay anonymous? And if he had been hacked the hackers would be more likely to spend huge amounts etc.

I actually have thought about whether 'he' is a group. Like Samsung, Toyota etc. forming a joint venture around this idea. The more I think about it the more I doubt it - it would be very unlikely that something would not have been revealed by now had there been about involved. This is standard knowledge for any type of group and secrecy. Criminals in groups are almost impossible to not get revealed - while individual villains can keep hidden much easier.

At the end of the day.. I cannot decide whether I think he is super-rich or dead.   
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 10:45:55 PM

Because if he had used his huge stash of bitcoin, it would look like a huge premine (around 2 and 3% mined by him, the dev)
Also, the block rewards are supposed to distribute the bitcoin, and not centralize all the bitcoin mined in 1 person hands.

How you can be sure for that ??

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:06:36 AM

also none is telling us that he didn't dump at 1200 or whatever other good price, there is no proof of that, he can dumb privately(off market) and no one will ever know, maybe small portion at time, or on exchange always with small portion

there isn't a really good reason for him to not dump, too attached to bitcoin? liberalist? bullshit, when big money come in play you forgot all the rest, especially if you were not a rich person
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: