Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's not only Greece  (Read 1449 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 08:45:56 AM

Not only Greece is near a complete default. Also Puerto Rico and Ukraine are almost insolvent. i hope that especially from the Ukraine will come more buying power for Bitcoin soon.

Ukraine and Puerto Rico are in no danger of insolvency. Ukraine is now waging a war against the Russians, in which tens of thousands of people have died. The Americans and the NATO will prop them up, at least until the purpose is served. And Puerto Rico is a part of the United States of America. Janet Yellen will just print some $100 billion in new banknotes, and transport them to Puerto Rico. Problem solved.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 09:24:38 AM

Word! Well this problems in Greece have awakened other countries. We all know that economy is very fragile and we can expect something bad in the next 5-10 years and bitcoin seems to be a great and convenient solution to the upcoming problems. It's virtual gold afterall and has a bright future. I can't think of reasons why one wouldn't seek refuge in it..

yeah man, I would agree on that. The Greece crisis has definitely brought attention to other countries too lol. In the coming years, we should help expand the bitcoin currency not only for our gains but for the betterment of all these nations because they deserve a better currency, not something which is controlled by a higher authority spying on us and looting us. The power should vest in the people Smiley

That is why bitcoins has a higher hand compared to other currencies. Its decentralized currency gives the power to all of us and not the banksters. I remember standing in lines for hours and hating on all of the system and the speed of it. Online banking made my life a little easier, paypal was a relief. But bitcoins, oh god, bitcoins is the savior. Just wait and watch Wink
mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:34:02 AM

it's not surprising, what's surprising is that we still have countries which are against the bitcoin. After the unexpected decline of economy in Greece it's quite reasonable to think that such a situation can strike any other country and as they say 'prevention is better than cure'. It's good that these nations have  started using bitcoins since it seems to be the only genuine refugee Which can pull you up during the initial time of crisis. More countries should join.

ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:08:14 PM

Bitcoin is digital gold and has a lot of potential! It will replace gold as world reserve currency!
Bitcoin is digital gold and not physical, Gold is a precious metal and it's value never erase at any point of time till this world exist, so it is utterly not fit to compare Bitcoin with the Precious Metal Gold. If you want know more about the complete history of Gold, read wiki.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:24:34 PM

Okay, I agree with your assumption about Puerto Rico. But, I disagree with your opinion on Ukraine. Ukraine is actually insolvent and they talk about a solution (likely a haircut) at the moment. It is a danger at least for the European economy.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-02/ukraine-bonds-rally-as-creditor-breakthrough-dims-default-threat

Not only Greece is near a complete default. Also Puerto Rico and Ukraine are almost insolvent. i hope that especially from the Ukraine will come more buying power for Bitcoin soon.

Ukraine and Puerto Rico are in no danger of insolvency. Ukraine is now waging a war against the Russians, in which tens of thousands of people have died. The Americans and the NATO will prop them up, at least until the purpose is served. And Puerto Rico is a part of the United States of America. Janet Yellen will just print some $100 billion in new banknotes, and transport them to Puerto Rico. Problem solved.
moneyflow

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:22:24 PM

Oh that's some good news, for the overall good as well as for the bitcoins. Well the fact that other countries are learning from Greece's situation gives me a sigh of relief as these countries will influence those which are against bitcoins. Bitcoins have immense potential and if they become a global phenomena when nothing beats that! I am eagerly waiting for other nations to adopt it, this will help the people as well as the prices of bitcoin which will rise!
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:31:54 PM

Word! Well this problems in Greece have awakened other countries. We all know that economy is very fragile and we can expect something bad in the next 5-10 years and bitcoin seems to be a great and convenient solution to the upcoming problems. It's virtual gold afterall and has a bright future. I can't think of reasons why one wouldn't seek refuge in it..

yeah man, I would agree on that. The Greece crisis has definitely brought attention to other countries too lol. In the coming years, we should help expand the bitcoin currency not only for our gains but for the betterment of all these nations because they deserve a better currency, not something which is controlled by a higher authority spying on us and looting us. The power should vest in the people Smiley

Exactly. The news about Greece is everywhere and it has awaken the other countries. Smiley   I completely agree to the point that people should be given  the advantages of their individual  currencies and bitcoin should extend to a great extent so that every individual benefits from it.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:01:29 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 02:35:26 PM by n2004al

Looking at Google Trends - you can see that there has been a spike in Bitcoin search traffic coming from Greece.

But it's not the only place. Both Argentina and Venezuela (among others) have seen a spike over the past month or two as well. I wonder why...

Argentina and Venezuela are in economic trouble. Both countries are different problems compared to Greece but are the most problematic countries (at least in the economic meaning) in the Latin America. Probably, even in both those countries some people are think to hide their money converting in bitcoin. For more news about those you can read this article which is well made: http://www.businessinsider.com/venezuela-and-argentina-the-party-is-over-2014-1 It a little old (beginning of this year) but the problems they have are the same even in our days.
Gutemberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:36:13 AM

all the world is in economic trouble.
Stock market will collapse soon, the bubble is busting

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 02:26:03 PM

I don't think it's anything peculiar. Looking at how things have been going, it's a matter of time people will start to look for alternatives. If having your money getting freezed in banks and then seeing your paper currency getting devalued aren't strong enough reason to convince these people, then I don't know what would.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:38:54 PM

Another economic slow down in visible like 2008. So, the world new financial movements and the fiat currency are loosing their value because of larger unemployment in most of the sectors. Some financial experts believe bitcoin will be an alternate to keep the net worth regardless of any fiat market.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: