Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:52:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PPC Charts  (Read 7673 times)
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 04:01:52 AM

what's the purpose of having so many coins? you think ppc will be so succesful you don't want it to be worth 100 usd? you want around parity with dollar?

You should go check out how many devcoins there are.

To my understanding, there is no target for quantity of PPC unlike BTC. The number of PPC in existence is a factor of the hashing power for POW (more hashing power, fewer coins), the number of transactions that occur (each transaction permanently destroys coins), and time (quantity of PPC grows at a rate up to 1% per year).

It's all pretty arbitrary anyway. PPC is far away from having parity with the dollar.
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:03:06 AM

why isnt there a alt coin that is worth exactly $1 US dollar and not a cent less or more and can never go up or down in its value ??

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 04:36:33 PM

why isnt there a alt coin that is worth exactly $1 US dollar and not a cent less or more and can never go up or down in its value ??

You can only accomplish this by banning free exchanges and forcing people to trade at 1:1. Since cryptocurrencies aren't backed by governments that can pass and enforce laws, this can't happen. Even governments that peg their currency to the dollar have their currency trade at greatly different valuations on black markets.

The only way this would work is if the US govt started a cryptocurrency and declared each coin to be legal tender in the amount of $1, but if a cryptocurrency is backed by a government/central authority it doesn't really need to be a cryptocurrency which defeats the entire purpose.
cabin

Activity: 604

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 05:15:51 PM

what's the purpose of having so many coins? you think ppc will be so succesful you don't want it to be worth 100 usd? you want around parity with dollar?

You should go check out how many devcoins there are.

To my understanding, there is no target for quantity of PPC unlike BTC. The number of PPC in existence is a factor of the hashing power for POW (more hashing power, fewer coins), the number of transactions that occur (each transaction permanently destroys coins), and time (quantity of PPC grows at a rate up to 1% per year).

It's all pretty arbitrary anyway. PPC is far away from having parity with the dollar.

One of the biggest (maybe THE biggest now?) factors affecting coin production seems to be the ratio of proof-of-stake blocks to proof-of-work. Lately proof-of-work has fallen to as low as 15 blocks per day and may fall further to the hard minimum of 12.
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 05:36:22 PM

There has been a project like this called RealCoin/RealPay, basically with a corporation backing cryptocoin with USD. But it apparently got shelved due to either legal risk or insufficient funding.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62565.0

Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 06:31:21 PM

PPC - it is possible to maining with ASIC-s?

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 09:17:55 PM

PPC - it is possible to maining with ASIC-s?
Don't know for sure but I don't see why not as it's still SHA-256. I have my BFL FPGA mining PPC as we speak.

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:23:16 AM

how are PPC destroyed in transactions, and why

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Vitalicus

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 10:28:43 PM

Any shops selling for PPC ?   Or not yet ?  Huh

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 11:02:52 PM

Any shops selling for PPC ?   Or not yet ?  Huh

i'll give you some vegetable seeds for PPC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130009.msg1389238#msg1389238

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
AndyRossy (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:21:04 PM

Not received any donations for this website, currently renting a server at 33euro/month.

Will be closing this site probably in next month or so.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

Not received any donations for this website, currently renting a server at 33euro/month.

Sad that is very sad i will send u a donation tonight.... though i'm sure I had sent u donation in the past for this site

also if you throw me your code i will host it on one of my sites Smiley you have my email in ur PM

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:30:05 PM

Sad that is very sad i will send u a donation tonight.... though i'm sure I had sent u donation in the past for this site

also if you throw me your code i will host it on one of my sites Smiley you have my email in ur PM

I think I had one Smiley ill put the code up somewhere after, it's mostly perl based, and uses the C patch I made for the ppcclient (currently used on the dice site too afaik)
Vitalicus

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:38:44 PM

If you decide to close the server, publish the source codes a week before

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 05:37:33 PM

I think I had one Smiley ill put the code up somewhere after, it's mostly perl based, and uses the C patch I made for the ppcclient (currently used on the dice site too afaik)

Trust me Andy, I KNOW the feeling.  Cheesy  To date I have received 2.8 PPC, 0 Freicoin  and a small amount of TRC(Thank You!).

If you want to shoot a copy of the code my way, I will see about incorporating it into my site for all the alt-coins the cryptocoin explorer handles. I am looking at some revamping of the site soon and the charts would be a welcome addition.
wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 05:58:58 PM

Sorry for taking you for granted. I used to visit the site regularly. I just sent you a 2000 PPC donation.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 08:04:09 PM

8,000PPC sent to you  Grin

don't forget to pass on ur code if you do take the site down pls.. i have many sites myself and would be happy to have it run under one of my hosting companies

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:54:44 AM

Thanks guys, really appreciated. 

I think I need to think of a way to make it less-costly. Seeing if it'll work on a AWS instance, instead of a dedi server or putting google-ads up on it.

Obviously if I end up taking it down, I will put the code up before or very shortly after - the code for the patch is already somewhere inside one of the PPC threads.

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

use a virtual server! they are very cheap!
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 06:13:10 PM

Seems the site is now down for me. Andy, are you taking the server down? What's the plan next?

Kinda miss the difficulty chart. Yeah I think probably should switch to a cheaper vps to host it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: