Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] HASHPOWER.CO - YAAMP CLONE - X11, X13, X15, Quark, Neoscrypt  (Read 36501 times)
hashpowerco (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:33:34 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 12:14:54 AM by hashpowerco

YAAMP Based Pool

http://hashpower.co

We have put together the yaamp software. There's a bit to learn but I feel it's all running fine now.

We have most of the good X11, X13, X15 quark and neoscript coins as of now. We should add scrypt and qubit coins next.

Thanks
mitash1

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:14:17 PM

Hi,

can you post sample for algo switching for sgminer?

Thank you.
MeteoImpact

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:24:39 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 09:12:28 AM by MeteoImpact

Mining seems to be working well so far, and the pool's coin selection is at least good enough that my miners are spending time on it on-and-off, so that's a plus.

Payouts have been regular, but with a slight problem... It's not entirely the pool's fault, but it seems that payouts are being made with extremely low transaction fees, which due to the strange spamming of the blockchain that's going on right now, has resulted in payments that haven't confirmed in over 15 hours as of writing this. Obviously lower tx fees are good for profitability of the pool/its miners, but when it's at the point that transactions simply aren't confirming at all, perhaps some adjustment is due Undecided. Just for comparison's sake, another YAAMP clone my miners have been frequenting is spending more on tx fees (though it has higher pool fees in general) and its payments have been going through fine all day.
hashpowerco (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:57:14 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in this pool.

We havent changed anything from the original yaamp code regarding payments. It uses the sendmany function with no special parameters to lower the fees.

But im having problems sending BTC around too. I sent BTC from my phone's blockchain app to cryptsy yesterday and it's still not confirmed yet.

Here are some information on algo switching for sgminer.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=multialgo

MeteoImpact

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:13:11 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in this pool.

We havent changed anything from the original yaamp code regarding payments. It uses the sendmany function with no special parameters to lower the fees.

But im having problems sending BTC around too. I sent BTC from my phone's blockchain app to cryptsy yesterday and it's still not confirmed yet.

Yeah, someone (or some group) has been bombarding the blockchain with spam transactions with higher-than normal fees, making it so that very few transactions with lower/no tx fees are getting confirms. This may go away at some point, but it's doing a good job of simulating how the network performs when block space becomes scarce and a, "fees market", decides what gets confirmed and what doesn't. Unfortunately, payouts from the pool are currently falling into the, "what doesn't", category. Might be able to just ride this one out (if it ever stops), but it might be good to look at a method of handling these sorts of situations in the future, as this probably isn't the last time we'll see these conditions.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:57:43 PM

Mining seems to be working well so far, and the pool's coin selection is at least good enough that my miners are spending time on it on-and-off, so that's a plus.

Payouts have been regular, but with a slight problem... It's not entirely the pool's fault, but it seems that payouts are being made with extremely low transaction fees, which due to the strange spamming of the blockchain that's going on right now, has resulted in payments that haven't confirmed in over 15 hours as of writing this. Obviously lower tx fees are good for profitability of the pool/its miners, but when it's at the point that transactions simply aren't confirming at all, perhaps some adjustment is due Undecided. Just for comparison's sake, another YAAMP clone my miners have been frequenting is spending more on tx fees (though it has higher pool fees in general) and its payments have been going through fine all day.

My payouts from ffpool have been confirming quickly. I would not be in favour of higher fees for faster confirmations in any case.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
MeteoImpact

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:30:10 PM

My payouts from ffpool have been confirming quickly. I would not be in favour of higher fees for faster confirmations in any case.
Yes, ffpool sends with higher tx fees and their payments have been going out fine. Hashpower, on the other hand, has far lower tx fees, to the point where they're being treated like 0 fee transactions and have gotten buried in the backlog. If they get dropped from miners' mempools, I dunno how the issue will be resolved, but it seems a bit extreme that it's even a possibility.

Example tx from Hashpower; over 24 hours and still not confirmed.

Example tx from ffpool; went through fine around the same time. Notice also how the tx fee is over 100x higher than the Hashpower fee (~14 cents versus Hashpower's ~0.12 cents).

I'm not particularly worried about payments taking a few hours to confirm, but when they're taking so long that they're potentially in danger of being dropped from miners' mempools and/or never confirming, that seems like a problem.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:11:23 PM

Yes, ffpool sends with higher tx fees and their payments have been going out fine. Hashpower, on the other hand, has far lower tx fees, to the point where they're being treated like 0 fee transactions and have gotten buried in the backlog. If they get dropped from miners' mempools, I dunno how the issue will be resolved, but it seems a bit extreme that it's even a possibility.
I'm not particularly worried about payments taking a few hours to confirm, but when they're taking so long that they're potentially in danger of being dropped from miners' mempools and/or never confirming, that seems like a problem.
[/quote]

I haven't tried hashpower yet, that's another thread, but I have noticed delays with some other pools.
But when you consider it takes most coins 5 hours to mature another few hours isn't a big deal.

I'm pleased with ffpool's fees (lower than yaamp's) and payouts so far. If fees could be lowered by
reducing the payout interval, even better. Every 3 hours is a bit much when only raking in a couple of
mBTC. How about .001 BTC minimum daily and .005 intraday?

MeteoImpact

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:09:32 PM

I haven't tried hashpower yet, that's another thread
Umm, I think you might be on the wrong thread, as this one is Hashpower's...

YAAMP Based Pool

http://hashpower.co
Otherwise I agree entirely about ffpool; it's working just fine, though perhaps paying out a bit too often. Hashpower's mining seems to be working great too, it's just that payouts in the last >24 hours haven't actually gotten confirmed due to the state of the network at the moment combined with the low tx fees.
serkut

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:40:31 PM

Thanks for running this new pool! Been on for the last two days. Agreed the unconfirmed transactions are a little disconcerting, but so long as hashpowerco will resend in case the transactions disappear, can't complain about 0% fees! Just wish there more miners were here to reduce variance, but what can you do?
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:34:13 PM

I haven't tried hashpower yet, that's another thread
Umm, I think you might be on the wrong thread, as this one is Hashpower's...

Ooops.

mitash1

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:03:39 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 12:11:44 AM by mitash1

Thanks for pointing to nicehash multialgo examples but i already knew that. The only difference is that nicehash use "f0=?" while on hashpower pass is which algo we are using.. Anyway, just for other users to know i'll post my config file example which seems that it's working on hashpower. This is profit switching between x11,qubit and quark assuming that speed for x11=8Mh/s, Qubit=16 and quark =13.3:

{
"pools" : [
     {
          "name" : "hashpower_x11",
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://hashpower.co:3533",
          "user" : "your BTC address here",
          "pass" : "x11=8,qubit=16,quark=13.3",
          "algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
          "intensity" : "18",
          "worksize" : "64",
     "gpu-threads" : "2"
     },
     {
          "name" : "hashpower_qubitcoin",
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://hashpower.co:4733",
          "algorithm" : "qubitcoin",
     },
     {
          "name" : "hashpower_quark",
          "url" : "stratum+tcp://hashpower.co:4033",
          "algorithm" : "quarkcoin",
     }
],
"failover-only" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "300",
"queue" : "0"
}

If you have any suggestions please write a replay. Thanks in advance.
hashpowerco (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:05:47 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 01:36:18 PM by hashpowerco

If both pools use the same yaamp code for payments, I guess we just got out of luck. Our bitcoin wallet might be the problem. We're running 0.10.2 which is the latest build for windows available from bitcoin.org.

We're still investigating and following transactions to make sure everyone gets their payments.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:46:22 PM

If both pools use the same yaamp code for payments, I guess we just got out of luck. Our bitcoin wallet might be the problem. We're running 0.10.2 which is the latest build for windows available from bitcoin.org.

We're still investigating and following transactions to make sure everyone gets their payments.

Thanks.
Currently I can see the broadcasts but no confirmations.

serkut

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:54:03 PM

Hi Hashpowerco,
Is the x11 pool okay? The average hashing rate since the last block found has been ~180MH/s. The odds of not having found a StartCoin in that period are somewhere between 1% and 4% (depending on what the difficulty during that period has been). Just making sure it's bad luck and nothing more sinister!
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 07:54:20 PM

Payments stopped?

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:45:16 AM

Payments stopped?

And the old transactions didn't come thru yet.
The fee was really too low.
I've stopped mining here because I'm not sure if I'll get my btcs in the end.
Please speak.

hashpowerco (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:58:11 PM

I disabled payments until all tx are confirmed. I understand if you go mine somewhere else until it's all fixed. In the meantime, I'm trying to understand about how to increase tx fees.

hashpowerco (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:45:05 PM

We have loaded up with DigitalCash DASH (DRK) so that in the meantime, we can payout with DASH

Thanks
serkut

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 09:54:21 PM

Thanks for the update. Miners still pointed your way!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  All
  Print  

Jump to: