Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 215213 times)
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:42:58 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2022, 10:31:17 AM by pallas
Merited by d5000 (1), y6uBaKa (1), arvin777 (1)

THIS IS THE NEW THREAD, PLEASE WATCH AND POST HERE

FOR THE OLD THREAD CLICK HERE: it is unmantained but full of information

Introduction

Cryptonite (also known as Crypton) was launched in 2014 and is the first crypto-currency to implement the mini-blockchain scheme along with many other innovative features. Our goal was to create a truly scalable cryptocurrency which combined many of the best ideas developed within the alt-coin community and some of our own innovative ideas. The basic philosophy of Cryptonite is to follow the ideals set by Bitcoin as closely as possible but improve upon everything that could be improved.

Cryptonite was developed by the Mini-blockchain Project over a period of almost four months. Cryptonite is a fork of the Bitcoin core but the code has been extensively modified and expanded upon. It seems that the altcoin community is experiencing a torrential flood of clone-coins right now and it is not our goal to add to that pile of useless altcoins. Our goal was to create something truly new, innovative, and useful to the cryptocurrency community.

The altcoin community should be about innovation, not a select few people making a quick buck. Our goal was to break out of that greed driven trend. Cryptonite had no pre-mine, no IPO, the difficulty adjustment algorithm is designed to adapt quickly and prevent instamines, the coins are distributed fairly over a long period of time (half mined after 10 years), we did over a month of public beta testing before release along with a week early pre-announcement.

Brief Overview

Mini-Blockchain

Cryptonite is the first implementation of the light weight mini-blockchain scheme. Nodes will never again spend days synchronizing with the network and the average user will not have to fear becoming a full node. This is possible because of our decentralized balance sheet approach.

Innovative Ideas

Cryptonite combines many great ideas developed by the altcoin community and also includes several novel features not seen in another cryptocurrency until now. Two innovative features which help improve security and trust are unmalleable transactions and withdrawal limits.

Smart Adaptation

Cryptonite achieves smart coin distribution by adjusting the difficulty and the block reward every block, adapting quickly to changes and providing smoother transitions. The dynamic max block size mechanism ensures that the transaction capacity of the network naturally grows over time.

Future Proofed

Cryptonite has an unparalleled potential for scalability and transaction capacity. The total coin supply has a full 64 bits of granularity, the nonce and the timestamp have also been increased to 64 bits. The M7 PoW algorithm uses multiple cryptographically secure hashing algorithms.

Micro-Transactions

Cryptonite has superior support for micro-transactions because we don't have to worry about keeping any so called "dust" in the blockchain forever. Since blockchain bloat is not a problem, blocks can be larger and we can encourage the use of custom transaction messages.

Multi-Sig Support

Cryptonite has full native support for multi-signature transactions, which require multiple parties to sign a transaction with different keys before it is considered valid. Multi-sig transactions are useful in many real world situations, especially for consumer protection and escrow schemes.

Specifications

- Block time: 1 per minute
- Block reward: changes every block (half life of 10 years)
- Max block size: changes every block (100 block average * 2)
- Difficulty adjustment: changes every block (1000 block filter)
- Coin supply: 2^64-1 units (1.84 billion coins, 10 dec places)
- Mining algorithm: M7 PoW
- Coin Maturity: instant
- Pre-mine: none

Mining and alternate wallets

NEW br@indr@in merge of pallas M7 code with djm34 base, with api support and windows builds:
CCminer by pallas and djm34, merged by br@indr@in

Windows build of my M7 miner (compiled by anthbs), faster than djm's but doesn't have APIs:
CCminer by pallas, windows binary

ccminer sources:
Pallas ccminer for nvidia

ccminer by djm34 with M7 support (windows binaries and sources):
CCminer for nvidia by Djm34

cpu miner compiled (from 1gh sources) for windows64 by hashgoal:
Cpuminer for windows

Older info follows:

Use the setgenerate command or one of these miners:

Standalone CPU Miner
Cuda GPU Miner

Check here for pre-compiled cuda miner binaries for Win64:
dropbox.com/sh/56lnq52g4gny0m0/AADMJa2QTMSSc4g9gx1BfWIla

Check here for djm34's ccminer Windows binaries:
cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications

Check here for the Claymore AMD GPU Miner:
Claymore Cryptonite (XCN) GPU Miner

Guides

wallet cross compile guide by e.nexus:
Wallet cross compile guide

wallet compile guide for Windows by Palgin:
Windows QT wallet compile guide

wallet compile guide for Linux by Hamilton:
Linux compile guide

wallet compile guide for Linux with tcmalloc support (for better performance) by krnlx:
Linux compile guide with tcmalloc

See the wiki for information on the Cryptonite API:
http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Cryptonite_API

FAQ/Troubleshooting

Nodes list: http://xcn-explorer.selektion21.de/?page=peers

For your convenience, put this into your cryptonite.conf:
Code:
addnode=188.230.216.149
addnode=62.75.210.104
addnode=178.167.109.169
addnode=176.93.102.212
addnode=213.231.131.156
addnode=46.10.222.164
addnode=188.252.236.28
addnode=79.100.229.147

See this very informative post written by watuba.

Also see this page: www.cryptonite.info/?page=faq

Blockchain snapshot:

Mini-blockchain is about quick initial sync and small data directory.
But there are times when you may need the full blockchain; for example if you run a block explorer, or if you have troubles syncing for any reason. Another situation can be when you recover a private key on a new wallet, and want to see your old transactions.

Full Snapshot from 2022-06-02

How to use the snapshots: close the wallet and wait some seconds, to be sure that all the data files are closed. Copy the snapshot over your data directory (the one including "wallet.dat"), you don't need to delete anything. Run the wallet again. In case the wallet asks you, do not click "resync", just wait.

Detailed info
You can sync in two modes: from scratch or from a snapshot.

From scratch is the fastest as it syncs headers only, then blocks for the last week + the trie; usually takes about half an hour or a little more. This way you have less disk usage because you are making use of the mini-blockchain feature.

From snapshot you will have a full blockchain on disk, but takes time as it will download full blocks since the snapshot, and of course takes a lot more disk space.

If you go for the "from scratch" mode, and you interrupt it while it initially syncs, the trie may break and you will need to reset your blockchain (running with -resync or going for the snapshot mode).

Community

Discord: Discord Cryptonite Server
Facebook: Facebook Page
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CryptoniteCoin
YouTube channel: Cryptonite on YouTube
Telegram group: XCN telegram group
Telegram channel: XCN telegram channel
Instagram: XCN instagram page
Slack: Slack Cryptonite Team - auto-invite
QQ group number: 702884621
IRC: #cryptonite on freenode
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptonite
Wiki: http://cryptonite.info/wiki/

Services

Exchanges

NEW, LISTED AGAIN! AEX: AEX.com
Freiexchange: freiexchange.com
Bisq P2P exchange: bisq.network

Pools

Suprnova Pool: xcn.suprnova.cc
Maxminers Pool: maxminers.net/xcn/

Block Explorers

Official Explorer: https://explorer.cryptonite.info/
Alternative explorer
Sources: https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/ExplorerParser

Cloud mining

HashBX

Web wallet

Web wallet by hebe, supporting cryptonite: HEBE web wallet

We now have, courtesy of Bitfreak, a new repository with a Javascript code library to sign XCN transactions on a web browser (client side).
It is the basis for a web wallet and may have several other uses.

Here is the repository:

https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CoinJS

Anyone interested in developing using it, please join us on discord so we can talk!

Paper wallet

Walletgenerator.net supports Cryptonite: XCN paper wallet generator

Cryptonite Vanitygen (generate addresses with custom prefix)

https://github.com/pallas1/vanitygen-XCN

Faucets

Faucet by tnotm: http://cryptonite-xcn.com/faucet/
Sources: faucet on github

Media

FTReporter article on XCN
letstalkbitcoin.com: Beyond Bitcoin Ep 18: Cryptonite
CoinsSource.com: Interview With The Founder of Cryptonite
Cryptonite: The First Mini-Blockchain, Withdrawal Limiting & More

Donations

Fund address: CP6uhgcDnXzdgQhnz2q1xhSFMFinmqkQkh

The donations sent to this address will be used for:

- Classic twitter/social giveaways
- Development bounties
- Pools/explorers/other services

See bounties in the second post of this thread.

More Details

Mini-blockchain Scheme

Cryptonite is the first implementation of the mini-blockchain scheme, a scheme designed for maximum scalability, achieved by addressing the problem of blockchain bloat and providing a solution which allows all old transactions to be forgotten by the network after they become old enough. This allows new nodes to synchronize with the network extremely quickly and allows existing nodes to free up disk space by deleting old transactions. As a result of this scheme the network doesn't need to become increasingly centralized only by nodes capable of handling the full blockchain, so mining can remain more decentralized.

Micro-transactions & Messages

Thanks to the mini-blockchain scheme Cryptonite has superior support for micro-transactions and custom transaction messages attached to transactions. In Bitcoin and other altcoins where the full blockchain is required to synchronize with the network, small value transactions and transaction messages tend to be discouraged because they cause "blockchain bloat". The scalable nature of the mini-blockchain scheme relieves us from the concern of blockchain bloat and we can have full support for transaction messages and micro-transactions because nodes don't need to store transactions forever.

Withdrawal Limits

Cryptonite is the first altcoin to feature withdrawal limits, allowing users to set a limit on how many coins they can send from an address in one block. This is useful because it helps to prevent double spending and increases confidence in low-confirmation transactions. If a merchant can see that the withdrawal limit on an address prevents it from being emptied in a small number of blocks they can have much more confidence in any transactions sent to them from that address, even without any confirmations at all. So the main advantage of withdrawal limits is that 0-confirmation transactions become safer in the right conditions.

Unmalleable Transactions

If the claims of Mt. Gox and other businesses are to be believed, transaction malleability has caused quite a bit of damage to the Bitcoin economy. Of course even if that's the true reason why Mt. Gox went out of business, it's still their fault for not understanding transaction malleability when it was well known about for a long time. Cryptonite is the first altcoin to feature unmalleable transactions, in order to avoid any repeat of such undesirable events and allow the transaction ID's to be reliable. This is achieved by having the sender sign the txid and by ensuring the txid will always change when the contents of the transaction changes.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:43:54 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2019, 04:27:15 PM by pallas

Current open bounties:

• NEW Writing and submitting a professional article on wikipedia about Cryptonite and the mini-blockchain scheme; paid when article is live [200,000 XCN]
  • Opensource pool software (with full featured stratum and web interface) [1,000,000 XCN]
  • Amd opensource miner (opencl) [500,000 XCN]
  • Mobile standalone wallet (android), opensource [120.000 XCN]
  • Build a faucet [10.000 XCN]
  • Add richlist and other features to the block explorer (opensource) [from 40.000 XCN]
  • Web wallet [50.000 XCN]
  • Wallet development: make full block download faster (it takes about a second to get and insert a new block into the database; make it at least 2x faster) [100.000 XCN]
  • Wallet development: find and fix any *eventual* "sync from scratch" bug left, especially related to the trie sync [100.000 XCN]

PLUS

We are very happy to announce the bounty programs of XCN!

-Video Bounty program
-Article Bounty program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdl8ysEW708&feature=youtu.be

for more information check it out http://cryptonite.info
Please also check our Official youtube channel.

contact@cryptonite.info

Motivator

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:45:10 AM

Why new thread?
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:52:58 AM

Why new thread?

Because we can't modify the original thread as the owner is inactive.
I needed to put a lot of new information: scattering it thru the old thread is very confusing.
With the new thread, we can have an updated place with all the info on Cryptonite.

farsky

Activity: 2114
Merit: 757

NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:57:42 AM

Gentlemen, I have good news.
well, or not so good.
At least I made some clarity.

On BTER.com returned all XCN which I tried to send to btc38.com ( I wrote a request to support BTER. To honor of this exchange I have to say that they respond quickly.)
I guess they got (bothered) tired of trying to fix the problem, and they simply returned coins.
(my English is bad. and not sure that I select the words correctly, so sorry)

However XCN that I sent from Poloniex to btc38 received successfully !
But not credited to the wallet in btc38.
I see him in block explorer, but i not can trade him.
it is very frustrating!

btc38.com deceive possible? (for lock the wallet)

P.S. if you intend to revive the coin - the price will be high again.

Rus fascists: Goran_, mp3.Maniac, Xommy, ivan1975, lovesmayfamilis, Excimer, leonello, Snork1979, be.open, K210, Azrieli.
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:03:11 AM

Gentlemen, I have good news.
well, or not so good.
At least I made some clarity.

On BTER.com returned all XCN which I tried to send to btc38.com ( I wrote a request to support BTER. To honor of this exchange I have to say that they respond quickly.)
I guess they got (bothered) tired of trying to fix the problem, and they simply returned coins.
(my English is bad. and not sure that I select the words correctly, so sorry)

However XCN that I sent from Poloniex to btc38 received successfully !
But not credited to the wallet in btc38.
I see him in block explorer, but i not can trade him.
it is very frustrating!

btc38.com deceive possible? (for lock the wallet)

P.S. if you intend to revive the coin - the price will be high again.

Again, I'm doing all that I can to help them fix their wallet. I really do not know what to do more than this.
It really looks like they either do not want to have it fixed now, or they are really bad, because there are tens of active and fully working nodes all around the globe.

And yes, I intend to revive the coin and I'm dedicating time and resources to it. Plus there is gnasirator who is providing the block explorer and soon the new site and wiki, and a developer friend who is working on fixing the sync issue. That will avoid all excuses from the exchanges.
After that, we will be working on improvements of all kinds.

WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:57:27 AM

Pool is closed !
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:03:09 PM

Pool is closed !

Not yet, it's working fine.
Ocminer wanted to close it for months, but didn't do it yet.
I'm trying to convince him to keep it alive.
Hence please set your donation percent to 1 or higher, so we can at least show him some appreciation for his great service.

(And if he closes it, we will open a new one)

btcma

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 01:33:35 PM

Old XCN can be stored in a new wallet?

░▄░░ ▄▄▄ ░ ▄ ░ ▄
█░█░ █ ░ █ ░ █▄▀ | ARK.io | 弥合Blockchain未来|
█░█░ █▀▄ ░ █ ░ █ | 将货币转入CRYPTO。|
码:
░▄░░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]▄▄▄[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0] ▄[/ url]░[url = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic = 1649695.0]▄[/ url]
█░█░[url = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?主题= 1649695.0]█[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]█[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]█▄▀[/ url] | ARK.io | 弥合Blockchain未来|
█░█░[URL = HTTP://█▀▄]█▀▄[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]█[/ URL]░[URL = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic = 1649695.0]█[/ url] | [url = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic = 1649695.0]将货币兑换成CRYPTO。[/ url] |
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:41:21 PM

Old XCN can be stored in a new wallet?

The "new" wallet is just a recent compilation of the source. The new git fork has just some compilation fixes.
If you want to move a wallet dat file (or full data directory) created with the old binary to a newer wallet, you may face issues because of different library versions, so I suggest you to export and import the private keys.
This is valid for most coins, though.

btcma

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 01:49:14 PM

Era customer service jingle: Hello, XCN wallet is not synchronized, and not the speed problem oh! Because the synchronization is expected after the block will be completed on schedule to 100% can not be completed [we are] many times synchronous stop card in schedule 99%, if closed open, there will be error: Assertion failed! Program:C:Users File: trieview.cpp.line Expression: blockCache.ReadBlockFromDisk..... 305 (blkck, PIndex) if you can please give us feedback, thank you.    This is the answer BTC38 customer service.

░▄░░ ▄▄▄ ░ ▄ ░ ▄
█░█░ █ ░ █ ░ █▄▀ | ARK.io | 弥合Blockchain未来|
█░█░ █▀▄ ░ █ ░ █ | 将货币转入CRYPTO。|
码:
░▄░░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]▄▄▄[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0] ▄[/ url]░[url = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic = 1649695.0]▄[/ url]
█░█░[url = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?主题= 1649695.0]█[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]█[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]█▄▀[/ url] | ARK.io | 弥合Blockchain未来|
█░█░[URL = HTTP://█▀▄]█▀▄[/ URL]░[URL = HTTPS:?//bitcointalk.org/index.php主题= 1649695.0]█[/ URL]░[URL = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic = 1649695.0]█[/ url] | [url = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic = 1649695.0]将货币兑换成CRYPTO。[/ url] |
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:54:49 PM

Era customer service jingle: Hello, XCN wallet is not synchronized, and not the speed problem oh! Because the synchronization is expected after the block will be completed on schedule to 100% can not be completed [we are] many times synchronous stop card in schedule 99%, if closed open, there will be error: Assertion failed! Program:C:Users File: trieview.cpp.line Expression: blockCache.ReadBlockFromDisk..... 305 (blkck, PIndex) if you can please give us feedback, thank you.    This is the answer BTC38 customer service.

they probably have a corrupted wallet.
they must import the private key in a new wallet and sync using a blockchain snapshot.
I provided them all of this.
now I'm wondering why, despite me being in constant email contact with them, they don't tell me their progress.
also they should use a headless wallet, not the qt one: it's lame for an exchange to use windows and graphical frontend.

PorcoRosso

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:07:22 PM

why delisted from Polo?
farsky

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:19:01 PM

they must import the private key in a new wallet and sync using a blockchain snapshot.
now I'm wondering why, despite me being in constant email contact with them, they don't tell me their progress.
also they should use a headless wallet, not the qt one: it's lame for an exchange to use windows and graphical frontend.
I think maybe they are lying!  Embarrassed
I just successfully sent 10 XCN on wallet btc38.com.
(from BTER)
http://xcn-explorer.selektion21.de/?tx=6038002b803d35becda36fb125b4ada2e906316a467099d19dc75023a4f42ba6

Rus fascists: Goran_, mp3.Maniac, Xommy, ivan1975, lovesmayfamilis, Excimer, leonello, Snork1979, be.open, K210, Azrieli.
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:14:14 PM

(from BTER)
http://xcn-explorer.selektion21.de/?tx=6038002b803d35becda36fb125b4ada2e906316a467099d19dc75023a4f42ba6

Can you see that on btc38 xcn balance?

farsky

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:33:14 PM

(from BTER)

Can you see that on btc38 xcn balance?
yes, in block explorer i can see my balance in my wallet (on btc38), but this balance is not available for trading, displayed less than I have

enunrom

Activity: 574
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:41:58 PM

Pool is closed!!!
LxiR

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:43:13 PM

new start?
oli123

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:52:49 PM

How to mine with amd on suprnova ? Suprnova is removed from Claymore Cryptonite GPU Miner v2.2. Any other pool ?
farsky

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:28:00 PM

So I sent to btc38 more 10 XCN, and they came again successfully.
My balance increased, i see it in block explorer.
wtf  Sad

also i sent 10 xcn to window wallet, but he still is not synchronized, so that the coins have not seen

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: