Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today it is Greece. Tomorrow it can be you.  (Read 4021 times)
Albert Hamilton (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:38:31 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 02:36:19 PM by Albert Hamilton

Source: https://twitter.com/100bitcoin/status/617362782443298816
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:41:49 PM

ok sounds good on the surface but what about those who dont have access to computers, although in this day and age its not common many people such as the eldery tend to stay away from computers.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
Warren Buffet

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:49:42 PM

Computer/Smartphone... availability of either clears the path to secure bitcoin. Most of the youngsters with a decent economic status have access to either of these. And most of the family generally have youngsters.

The current problem of Greece is they can not pay against the bitcoin they want to secure. It is the liqudity crisis of bank. That is why, each family across the globe needs to secure part of their wealth in bitcoin, while the crisis has not yet hit them.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:25:46 PM

Nice Campaign banner, Greeks are ready pretty much to use bitcoin in this hard times, lets make sure they share this on their social media to get something good going in their local media sites.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:27:38 PM

Now that's a very good use of a strong image!
Albert Hamilton (OP)

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:07:57 AM

Nice Campaign banner, Greeks are ready pretty much to use bitcoin in this hard times, lets make sure they share this on their social media to get something good going in their local media sites.

Now that's a very good use of a strong image!

Good campaign banner man!  Cool
I think this is a good time to introduce bitcoin to Greece.  Smiley
Maybe bitcoin can help revive the economy of Greece.  Cheesy
So Lets share the banner on social medias let more people will know this  Smiley

Source: https://twitter.com/100bitcoin/status/617362782443298816

Just Retweet Smiley
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:05:59 AM

I saw the Greece ATM picture on Reddit earlier, a very sorry sight for sure.

The situation over there (and potentially for what looms for other nations) is terrible, but I can hardly imagine citizens attempting to buy Bitcoin with their Euros. Surely it is getting access to the funds which is the problem in the first place.

Also I don't think that I would want to secure the majority of my wealth in Bitcoin, to even invest a significant portion I would need to full understand how I would go about procuring coin, and ensuring its safe deposit.

The fact that governments and banks allow for things like this to even come about is awful.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:12:10 AM

The situation over there (and potentially for what looms for other nations) is terrible, but I can hardly imagine citizens attempting to buy Bitcoin with their Euros. Surely it is getting access to the funds which is the problem in the first place.

Also I don't think that I would want to secure the majority of my wealth in Bitcoin, to even invest a significant portion I would need to full understand how I would go about procuring coin, and ensuring its safe deposit.

The fact that governments and banks allow for things like this to even come about is awful.

people should never invest the majority of their wealth in anything. 10% of your total balance for investing is more than enough. especially when it comes to highly volatile investments as bitcoin.
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:24:35 AM

What is the problem? I cannot see the picture on the OP.

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:27:49 AM

people should never invest the majority of their wealth in anything. 10% of your total balance for investing is more than enough. especially when it comes to highly volatile investments as bitcoin.

really awful situation the Greeks have to deal with specially all the old and retire folks not getting their pension on time nor complete so imagine a person that relies only on their pension and the government is cutting their funds thats pretty much a slow death to the older people on Greece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_AMxP8eyVc

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:09:47 AM

Picture showing up just fine for me.

Also agree this is quite the moving banner.  Image of a Greek citizen obviously of retirement age literally at wits end.  How can one help but feel for the people of Greece with this kind of imagery.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Bought

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:21:45 AM

Also agree this is quite the moving banner.  Image of a Greek citizen obviously of retirement age literally at wits end.  How can one help but feel for the people of Greece with this kind of imagery.
The Greek ppl are suffering this kind of problem. For us outside Greece, it is a hard lessson for us! It is time to switch a portion of money to crypto!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 07:49:45 AM

ok sounds good on the surface but what about those who dont have access to computers, although in this day and age its not common many people such as the eldery tend to stay away from computers.

what? is this even an excuse? you have mobile phone, public desktop ecc..., even with a 56kbps you can run the client, all others belong to a minority, you can not please everyone... you know

@OP i like how you are advertising 100bit.co, that exchange is great and more anon than localbitcoin, it should be definitely used more
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 07:50:34 AM

Lol wow.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
peter0021

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 07:59:06 AM

what? is this even an excuse? you have mobile phone, public desktop ecc..., even with a 56kbps you can run the client, all others belong to a minority, you can not please everyone... you know

@OP i like how you are advertising 100bit.co, that exchange is great and more anon than localbitcoin, it should be definitely used more
The image is really impressive! Hopefully more bitcoin related businesses are doing such kind of campaign. It also makes viewers think about the situation the Greek ppl are facing and we may face it in the future.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:53:49 AM

I have to admit that the poster is impressive. That said, if you want the Greeks to start trusting Bitcoins, things like these are simply not enough. The young Greeks have hardly any money in their hands, and it is the middle-aged and the elderly, who are having at least some sort of wealth with them. But since Bitcoin is a currency which is more suited to the young and tech savvy population, its adoption will remain limited among the Greeks.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:13:55 AM

There were a few people on the Bitcoin Reddit claiming that the Greeks should have turned to Bitcoin before it got this far. Never heard such nonsense.

It's especially sad for the older generation who have worked so hard their whole lives, relying on a traditional system to honour their end of the arrangement in the banking system.

I hope that some resolution is made soon to allow for some degree of normality, the levels of stress and worry for people must be through the roof.

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:15:45 AM

Powerful shot
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

Also agree this is quite the moving banner.  Image of a Greek citizen obviously of retirement age literally at wits end.  How can one help but feel for the people of Greece with this kind of imagery.
The Greek ppl are suffering this kind of problem. For us outside Greece, it is a hard lessson for us! It is time to switch a portion of money to crypto!

There were rumors the Greek banks might start using customer's money to bail themselves in if they go bankrupt. After the last financial crisis plans were made across the world to put new regulations in place allowing bankrupt banks to spend customer's money bailing themselves in. When people hear what is happening in Greece they might start putting money into Bitcoin in case the banks ever go bankrupt in their countries.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:06:02 AM

It depends on where you are. If you are in USA, UK or Germany, you know, at the end of the day, your country will take care of you. But, if you are in North Korea, Ukraine or Argentina, you might have to take care of yourself. Learn it from a Venezuelan => https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3buaay/grecian_here_some_thoughts_you_could_give_me_on/cspqz0e

Venezuelan here.

My country has had capital controls since 2002. Buying outside our country is a nightmare. You can get prosecuted for simple things like buying gift cards with penalties such as removing FOR LIFE your annual quota of a paltry $300 on credit cards. You can't use any other means to buy goods or pay services besides credit cards. The dollar has been pegged to a crazy 6.3 VEF/USD since some years ago (up from another crazier 4.3 VEF/USD).

Since half a year ago, i've kept ALL MY WEALTH in Bitcoin... yes ALL. Every single VEF i get, after buying food, gets converted to Bitcoin immediatly.

Not Dollars.

Not Euros.

Not GBP.

Bitcoin.

I have almost triplicated my wealth since i made that move. When the black market exchange rate was 150 VEF/USD, i held Bitcoin. Some weeks ago the black market exchange went to ~450 VEF/USD. Guess what, i feel like a rich man. I can maintain my WHOLE FAMILY OF 5 (food, basic services, debt) with just .3 BTC/month. The rest gets stashed away.

Also, i began mining. 1 Antminer S5 gives me, after electricity costs (which are almost non-existent, electricity cost here is a joke) the same wage my wife and i earn (we're both engineers) TWICE a month.

Your government will do stupid things, i guarantee it. Don't trust a single drachma/euro to them. If you want to hedge, use something like Bitreserve, but believe me, wild price swings aren't that important dealing with Bitcoin when your other alternative is a highly manipulable, fractional-reserve backed, fiat money.

If you want more specifics, pm me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: