Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:23:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price of Euro after grexit?  (Read 2400 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 11:47:09 AM

The euro will die!
On the contrary, the euro will rise after Greece's exit from the EU

Maybe in the short term but if the euro is to continue long term it will be a much smaller zone, several other countries will ultimately exit too in the end. As it should. Unless those countries willing to lose all sovereignty
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:35:09 PM

The euro will die!
On the contrary, the euro will rise after Greece's exit from the EU

Maybe in the short term but if the euro is to continue long term it will be a much smaller zone, several other countries will ultimately exit too in the end. As it should. Unless those countries willing to lose all sovereignty

I think you're right, short term euro will benefit.  But that is the problem with really all the governments, they are SO short sighted, and the PEOPLE are the ones who will pay the price in the long run.

In fact, this scenario could come to the US, unless someone fiscally responsible can get elected
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:40:56 PM

Greece is not the only country in the Eurozone with debt issue, I believe France, Spain, Portugal, Italy all could potentially be in simialr situations in the not too distant future.  Greece is only the beginning of this.  Seems like those calling for worldwide economic crisis might not be too far off...

Yes, and that means that not only is the Greece dead weight right now but so are these countries (atleast to an extent) in the euro zone. The funny thing is that if all these countries are kicked out of the euro zone which is highly unlikely to happen, then euro will be fucking weak and fall down. And if these countries still are in euro zone, they will just be leeches and make it weak slowly. Either way, Euro is possibly the first currency which we will see collapse
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:00:28 PM

Greece is not the only country in the Eurozone with debt issue, I believe France, Spain, Portugal, Italy all could potentially be in simialr situations in the not too distant future.  Greece is only the beginning of this.  Seems like those calling for worldwide economic crisis might not be too far off...

Yes, and that means that not only is the Greece dead weight right now but so are these countries (atleast to an extent) in the euro zone. The funny thing is that if all these countries are kicked out of the euro zone which is highly unlikely to happen, then euro will be fucking weak and fall down. And if these countries still are in euro zone, they will just be leeches and make it weak slowly. Either way, Euro is possibly the first currency which we will see collapse

Possibly, but even "superpowers" China & USA have massive economic problems right now.  I think the coincidence of these issues is suspect, and that when a massive collapse does happen, it will be VERY fast.  I even heard Ron Paul say he thinks a us dollar collapse would happen in a matter of hours, not day or weeks.  Similar to the stock market crash preceding the great depression.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:13:50 PM

i think it will shortly dip below the $1 mark, maybe to $0.80/$0.90 but it will recover after a while when other countries are realize this is the best option. no more greece in the euro.

Theoretically euro should become stronger without Greece.
Currently Greece is nothing but a parasite full of criminals in euro area.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:14:27 PM

I would say near to 1:1 ratio. There will be a huge shock if the euro turns out to be less worth than the us dollar one day.
betterangels

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:21:23 PM

1 : 1 or less (vs USD)
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:25:20 PM

I would say near to 1:1 ratio. There will be a huge shock if the euro turns out to be less worth than the us dollar one day.
In my opinion its not going to happen in long term Euro will gain from this and with the strong economy back up its could be up against USD
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:10:22 AM

In my opinion its not going to happen in long term Euro will gain from this and with the strong economy back up its could be up against USD

I think what we are going to withness is simply none other than a big dead cat bounce, the cat being greece and the bounce being the eurozone giving them 50 million and a couple more months of dicking around with a debt that everyone knows will never be paid. After that, here comes 1:1 euro/dollar parity.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:54:41 AM

If EUR was to become equal to USD panic will start because that would be huge news. People remember that EUR is typically worth a bit more than 1 USD. When they hear it's equal they will start converting their euros into dollars and bitcoins which will further accelerate the fall of EUR. EUR is in dead cat bounce, see this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1112770.0

And you can't imagine that the euro might surprisingly come out stronger after the greek problem is finally solved?

Ofcourse there is still Portugal left, but it is a much smaller  problem at least in the short term
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:12:14 PM

The euro will die!

Yes, my lord.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:04:02 AM

possible but not any time soon more and more Europe countries are collapsing with euro but i dont know if this will be any time soon

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:14:25 AM

If EUR was to become equal to USD panic will start because that would be huge news. People remember that EUR is typically worth a bit more than 1 USD. When they hear it's equal they will start converting their euros into dollars and bitcoins which will further accelerate the fall of EUR. EUR is in dead cat bounce, see this topic:

And you can't imagine that the euro might surprisingly come out stronger after the greek problem is finally solved?

Ofcourse there is still Portugal left, but it is a much smaller  problem at least in the short term

Portugal, Spain and Ireland. And by the time the problem with Greece is solved if it ever is, other countries may be showing signs of problems. Maybe even France and Italy at that point.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 11:56:28 AM

Portugal, Spain and Ireland. And by the time the problem with Greece is solved if it ever is, other countries may be showing signs of problems. Maybe even France and Italy at that point.

The end game is quickly approaching. Prepare yourself for major global events in September and October 2015. In case of alien invasion, bear in mind that it will be a false flag invasion featuring man-made bio-robots that look like aliens.  Your euros will be worthless.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: